The Bionicle Headcanon Thread

i'm sure you'd all expect me to say something here about tamaru being transgender female but i'm afraid that's actually canon and doesn't belong here

Really? Where is that from? 

On the topic, I noticed that while the Matoran of Voya Nui were suspicious from the start of the Piraka's appearances, actions and motives, they never questioned Vezok being a male "Toa" of water, implying that Matoran who identify as the opposite gender from the norm for their element are generally known and accepted, at least on Voya Nui. 

I always thought that Vezok was pretending to be female...

I don't think so. When Dalu was talking to him in the book "Island of Doom" it clearly stated that she knew he was a "he" :) At least, the narrator of the book mentioned him as a he, and that her thoughts registered him as a "he". :)

By the way, just to clarify some things, are the Voya Nui matoran stupid or something ? How can you believe that a being full of teeths and a weird spine on the back is a "Toa" ? Not to mention the lack of Kanohi ???

Idk... the Toa Canisters probably helped (Zaktan thought it was the key factor to their charade) and it had been years and years since any of them ever saw a Toa (the last ones probably being Jovan and his team)  :shrugs:  They also probably never seen Skakdi before, but I really don't know. 

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

By the way, just to clarify some things, are the Voya Nui matoran stupid or something ? How can you believe that a being full of teeths and a weird spine on the back is a "Toa" ? Not to mention the lack of Kanohi ???

They were pretty desperate for help. No water.

Also, it is possible for Toa to transform. The Toa Hordika had no masks - or rather the masks were fused to their faces and they couldn't use them, but they were still Toa. 

Also, it is possible for Toa to transform. The Toa Hordika had no masks - or rather the masks were fused to their faces and they couldn't use them, but they were still Toa. 

To quote Norik: "Not exactly"  :lol-sign:

• Upvote 2

Formerly Iron_Man5

I talked about the lack of Kanohi, but Skakdi can actually use masks, right ?

I believe so. They were looking for the Mask of Life, after all.

The Voya Nui Matoran were quick to accept the Piraka as real Toa, basically, because they wanted there to be a salvation, and they were willing to tell themselves they'd just forgotten how real Toa act instead of accepting that their situation had actually gotten much worse.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

1. The Toa Code didn't forbid killing in general, rather it forbade things like killing innocents, betraying allies, or putting yourself before your mission.

2. Mata Nui used the Ignika's power to turn into the Titan form like the Toa Mata Nui set during his fight with Tuma and used that to fight more evenly and eventually win.

3. Makuta was not killed by a rock, he was killed by Mata Nui after the good guys inside him destroyed key systems to weaken him.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

i'm sure you'd all expect me to say something here about tamaru being transgender female but i'm afraid that's actually canon and doesn't belong here

On the topic, I noticed that while the Matoran of Voya Nui were suspicious from the start of the Piraka's appearances, actions and motives, they never questioned Vezok being a male "Toa" of water, implying that Matoran who identify as the opposite gender from the norm for their element are generally known and accepted, at least on Voya Nui. 

I was quite shocked reading your post just now! It had actually never before crossed my mind that Vezok, who was male, was posing as a Toa of Water.

But now I must ask how characters identified each others genders. I assume tone of voice may have something to do with it.

• Upvote 1

The grouchy old lady Toa with her pet Muaka is a well known hero on the Southern Continent.

Uh..Vezok never had a Muaka as a pet, just to clarify. Do you mean Nektann?

I was just joking. Old grouchy cat lady. Although Nektann works too! 

I believe so. They were looking for the Mask of Life, after all.

The Voya Nui Matoran were quick to accept the Piraka as real Toa, basically, because they wanted there to be a salvation, and they were willing to tell themselves they'd just forgotten how real Toa act instead of accepting that their situation had actually gotten much worse.

Skakdi also have the ability to wear Kanohi, though most lack the mental discipline required to use a Mask of Power.

I always thought that the Piraka were going to sell it though. Price: World Domination.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

The grouchy old lady Toa with her pet Muaka is a well known hero on the Southern Continent.

Uh..Vezok never had a Muaka as a pet, just to clarify. Do you mean Nektann?

I was just joking. Old grouchy cat lady. Although Nektann works too! 

Pardon me if I failed to understand your joke. 

• Upvote 1

Pardon granted. I failed to include the necessary :P emote as I was in a hurry. 

Although technically that could work as a headcanon lol, given that this is a headcanon thread. :shrugs: And to further clarify, I meant Nektann the robots...not the other Nektann. :P (Although that would explain Vezok XD! Both of them are blue...)

Although technically that could work as a headcanon lol, given that this is a headcanon thread. :shrugs: And to further clarify, I meant Nektann the robots...not the other Nektann. :P (Although that would explain Vezok XD! Both of them are blue...)

Hmm...you might be onto something.What if after the Skakdi's mutation they were able to tame dangerous beasts by using brute force to make them compliant. 

Yes, Greg said they were going to sell it, but I'm pretty sure he did confirm they could use masks. (Actually, selling the Ignika is the one plan involving it for evil that might actually work -- trying to use it themselves would get them what it got Vezon. Only problem is they didn't know to not touch it themselves, and it was already fused to Vezon's head.)

Also, pretty sure it was said that nobody from that particular SC village had ever seen a Toa. Which makes sense as they were all obviously sent to Karzahni early in the MU, and then he sent them to a very remote area. The only difficulty is Jovan, but I'm pretty sure he first came to them as a Turaga, and he didn't necessarily explain things to them. At the very least, they must have never seen Skakdi. :P

Mata Nui used the Ignika's power to turn into the Titan form like the Toa Mata Nui set during his fight with Tuma and used that to fight more evenly and eventually win.

That's a great idea. Mind if I borrow this? I have already been planning to use that form noncanonically somehow in my retelling, and also to throw aside my normal rule to keep it as canon as possible for the Tuma fight (I'm sure nobody would mind improving that lol). This would kill two birds with one stone (you know, that is a really cruel figure of speech... why am I noticing lately how awful some of our idioms are? lol).

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 4

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Once again, I would like to apologize. I was unaware that posts in the headcanon thread doesn't always have to fall in place with the canon.

• Upvote 1

Apology accepted. :)

4. Can Skakdi or Vortixx wear Kanohi masks?

4) Skakdi, no. Vortixx, if they chose to, they probably could

Huh. I thought I saw a later Greg quote on the subject that shot this one down...

The Bs01 quote seems to come from here though: 

3. Can the Skakdi wear masks? Is so how?
3) Skakdi do not have the mental discipline to use masks, so they don't wear them

Edited by fishers64

Even if they couldn't wear them (no natural magnetic device on face?), they could always attach a magnet to fake looking more like Toa. :shrugs:

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Even if they couldn't wear them (no natural magnetic device on face?), they could always attach a magnet to fake looking more like Toa. :shrugs:

So I guess the Piraka arrived in Voya Nui with masks to deceive the matoran. Or if they didn't, I guess I will make this a headcanon !  :P

They didn't -- I was suggesting headcanon (and half kidding). :P Sorry for the confusion...

• Upvote 1

The one exception would be Vezon. He stole Tridax's Olmak and used it to create a portal to the EP cavern, where it got fused to his face, and went wild. So somehow (either a side effect of possessing the Ignika, or otherwise), he somehow has the mental discipline to use Kanohi. Which is truly ironic, considering one would think that he's the most mentally unstable of all skakdi.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

The one exception would be Vezon. He stole Tridax's Olmak and used it to create a portal to the EP cavern, where it got fused to his face, and went wild. So somehow (either a side effect of possessing the Ignika, or otherwise), he somehow has the mental discipline to use Kanohi. Which is truly ironic, considering one would think that he's the most mentally unstable of all skakdi.

I doubt it; the Olmak sent Vezon to random dimensions randomly. It wasn't anywhere close to under his control.

I doubt it; the Olmak sent Vezon to random dimensions randomly. It wasn't anywhere close to under his control.

But he still had to activate it, correct? Or is it one of those odd masks that activates on it's own?

But he still had to activate it, correct? Or is it one of those odd masks that activates on it's own?

I think his mind was activating it randomly. To quote the serial: "Vezon walked between worlds." That would indicate a lack of mental discipline, seeing as his mind is sending it random stuff along with the activation. Canon...activate Kanohi...dog...activate Kanohi...Makuta...activate Kanohi...Muaka...trident...activate Kanohi...

I think his mind was activating it randomly. To quote the serial: "Vezon walked between worlds." That would indicate a lack of mental discipline, seeing as his mind is sending it random stuff along with the activation. Canon...activate Kanohi...dog...activate Kanohi...Makuta...activate Kanohi...Muaka...trident...activate Kanohi...

That was after the EP fused the mask to his face and its power went wild and threw him all over the place. :)

Formerly Iron_Man5

That was after the EP fused the mask to his face and its power went wild and threw him all over the place. :)

How had this all begun? He tried to remember, never the easiest thing for Vezon to do. He had donned a Kanohi Olmak, the Mask of Dimensional Gates, which he had found on Destral. A portal opened up in front of him then. Eager to escape the island, he stepped through it – only to find himself facing an oncoming tidal wave. It washed over him, but he did not drown. Instead, he fell through another portal, winding up in the middle of a swamp. And then another, and then another …

I don't think Vezon thought of going to the Daxia EP wave pool. He just randomly put on the mask and the portal appeared. He's not controlling where it's taking him at all. 

So somehow (either a side effect of possessing the Ignika, or otherwise), he somehow has the mental discipline to use Kanohi.

Not necessarily. The fact that Kanohi powers normally require a user with mental discipline doesn't mean that power has to do that. Any Kanohi power could also be a Tool power (especially the later invention of Kanoka), which anybody could use, it would just be a more generic version, generally without much direct control. If in the power being broken, the code limiting it to mask users was broken, it could work for anybody (but work wrong, or rather work randomly as it won't tap into their mental control over the details). And if the "off" line was also broken, you'd have what happened to Vezon.

• Upvote 1

there's a new plethora of fanfic gold here and i'm the boy to mine it

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Kapura somehow got his hands on a high-powered teleportation disk, and got Nuparu to rig up something that would give him some control over it. However, since controlling it isn't easy, it requires him to "practice" using it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Mata Nui used the Ignika's power to turn into the Titan form like the Toa Mata Nui set during his fight with Tuma and used that to fight more evenly and eventually win.

That's a great idea. Mind if I borrow this? I have already been planning to use that form noncanonically somehow in my retelling, and also to throw aside my normal rule to keep it as canon as possible for the Tuma fight (I'm sure nobody would mind improving that lol). This would kill two birds with one stone (you know, that is a really cruel figure of speech... why am I noticing lately how awful some of our idioms are? lol).

Thanks! Yeah, you can borrow it, but add credit for the idea somewhere.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Will do -- can add it in a sidebar comment. :) Thank you!

Vortixx all have minor elemental powers. The most common are Iron, Lightning, Plasma, Magnetism, Gravity and Sonics. Plantlife and the Metru elements are much rarer. Roodaka's is Shadow, the rarest of all.

• Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

So this thread is a thing.  I like the idea of opposite-gender Matoran of just about every element existing, but very, very few and far in between.

Also, I like to think that the Mata Nui robot visited Earth at some point.  Yes, I'm partly inspired by that WMG on TVTropes.

• Upvote 1

Kaita are from spirit world and only when 3 inviduals combine they can access to the world of living.

Makuta are anti-kaita because they were once one spirit, which shattered to many inviduals.

Kalmah's species is like dothraki or mongols. They rode tentacled camels. Pridak's species is called selakhians and their land was destroyed by Xia, because they were competitors and knew how to create organic weapons. Takadox's species is religious species and many of them are something like popes or pishops. Ehlek's species is called the Deep ones and they were slaves of the skakdi.

Krekka's species is called the Orcs. Keetongu's species is called saffron giants or cyclops. Krahka and Triglax are from same species. Lariska is from Shadowed one's and Ancient species.

There are many religions in Matoran Universe and even in Metru Nui. Many of those religions hail Mata Nui and Great Spirits and Red star is part of their mythology.

Protosteel is like Valyrian steel, not many beings know how to create it.

Makuta only claim that they are the creators of the rahi. It is just propaganda made by Makuta.

Order of Mata Nui is like CIA + Inqvisition. Hand of Artakha is like HYDRA in Marvel universe.

Toa are 85% organic and 15% mechanic like glatorian because I don't like too much robotic characters.

There are 6 million matoran in Metru Nui, not 1000.

6 is sacred number in matoran universe because Mata Nui has two-part name and matoran have Three Virtues.

Artakha is really the evil one, not Karzahni.

Order of Mata Nui is like SHIELD. 

Yay! Fonts!!

Glatorian aren't strictly a separate species from Agori, but rather cybernetically modified at a young age to be stronger and taller. Skrall were Agori before they were bioengineered by the Great Beings to be larger. Leader class Skrall are Skrall who've had the modification for ordinary Glatorian.

Lariska has appeared in set form, she's the smaller model included in the Spiriah combiner. 

Or it could be like Toa; some cybernetically modified, others created originally by the Great Beings.

Yay! Fonts!!

Since it's been confirmed that Bone Hunters and Skrall descended from Agori and Glatorian respectivley, I like to think that the Agori, Glatorian, and GBs were once one species, but over time evolved in their current species with different abilities due to selective breeding. But hey that's just my crazy talk about evolution in a universe where evolution makes little sense... :P

• Upvote 2

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Since it's been confirmed that Bone Hunters and Skrall descended from Agori and Glatorian respectivley, I like to think that the Agori, Glatorian, and GBs were once one species, but over time evolved in their current species with different abilities due to selective breeding. But hey that's just my crazy talk about evolution in a universe where evolution makes little sense... :P

Well, before the GBs and their inventions came along, it seems likely that life on Spherus Magna proceeded similarly to the way it did on Earth -- subject to the same laws, processes, etc. So evolution could be a possibility.

Also, to those with higher rank than I: don't you dare scrub his post. He is not enforcing his views on anyone, he is simply stating them -- that's what this thread is for. ;)

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Here's a headcanon for ya: the Rahaga were never turned back into Toa Hagah.

Interestingly, this change has virtually no effect on the storyline whatsoever. The Toa Hagah accomplished absolutely nothing from 2007 on. They stopped the kaiju fight in Xia, sure, and they served as vessels to introduce the Dark Hunter fleet, but that was about it. Otherwise, they've done jack squat.

Indeed, this change would make everything about these characters better. As Rahaga, they had interesting personalities, lots of history, individual masteries of Rahi capture... as Toa Hagah, they were nothing but recycled elemental stereotypes with new masks. Toa Iruini is Toa Matau, but with none of the charm. Toa Norik is Tahu without any character flaws. And none of the others even bear mentioning, since they've never been given any character features or personalities since the transformation.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison