Battle for the Gold Mask Competition!

To be honest I think allowing people to use LDD is pretty unfair since they have access to an infinite number of parts in colors that don't exist, which makes it unfair on people making real physical creations.

The rules state that LDD entries cannot use parts in colors that do not exist.

Ah, that's good. 

I have seen a few entries using things like tan CCBS shells etc, will they be disqualified?

• Upvote 2

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

A contest judged indirectly and directly by LEGO. How fascinating. Too bad I haven't done anything creatively with BIONICLE pieces in a while.

©1984-2014 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

I have seen a few entries using things like tan CCBS shells etc, will they be disqualified?

It's a very real possibility.

The entry topic says to post a link to a picture or gallery. So... are we not allowed to put a picture in the post, with a link to the rest of them? The main picture has to be a link, too?

You can put a picture in the post as long as it complies with BZPower's image-posting rules.

Hello again!

Can someone please check this MOC to see if the colours are right before I enter it? All of the colours used are available in the standard version of LDD, but I'd like someone to check if these colours are eligible.

Here's a link: http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=400099&id=/user_images/116750/1415277609m_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks in advance.  ;)

Is there a ruling on using substitute parts in LDD, such as arranging a few pieces to create the general shape of another piece, even though those parts might not appear in the color of the intended piece?

Some part examples might be the new gearbox piece, or the sprung gearbox x928cx1 that appeared the hockey sets. Both can be arranged using simple parts, but appeared in colors the individual pieces did not appear in, like orange.

I ask because the new Chima shoulder armor has been added to LDD Extended, but the new gearbox has not, and a few upcoming entries may use this new piece.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

Hello again!

Can someone please check this MOC to see if the colours are right before I enter it? All of the colours used are available in the standard version of LDD, but I'd like someone to check if these colours are eligible.

Here's a link: http://www.mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=400099&id=/user_images/116750/1415277609m_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks in advance.  ;)

Is there a maximum entry size or resolution?

Also could somebody take a quick glance and tell me if these violate any rules? Entry 1, Entry 2. I'd just like to be sure before I submit them.

No. If we start doing this for one or two people everyone will start asking. And we simply do not have the time to do that. 

Is there a ruling on using substitute parts in LDD, such as arranging a few pieces to create the general shape of another piece, even though those parts might not appear in the color of the intended piece?

Some part examples might be the new gearbox piece, or the sprung gearbox x928cx1 that appeared the hockey sets. Both can be arranged using simple parts, but appeared in colors the individual pieces did not appear in, like orange.

I ask because the new Chima shoulder armor has been added to LDD Extended, but the new gearbox has not, and a few upcoming entries may use this new piece.

You can only use actual parts in the colors they have been produced in. You can certainly replace a piece with multiple other pieces, but only if they actually connect to each other.
  • Upvote 1

The entry topic says to post a link to a picture or gallery. So... are we not allowed to put a picture in the post, with a link to the rest of them? The main picture has to be a link, too?

You can put a picture in the post as long as it complies with BZPower's image-posting rules.

Awesome. Thanks! Edited by Top_Hat

This might be a really dumb question but,are  we allow to use custom build torsos or arms or legs?

You can build anything as long as you are using official, non-modified, non-painted, Lego parts. So no custom parts or modified parts or parts that have been painted.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

A reminder, guys: please don't answer contest questions if you're not contest staff.

So i have a youtube channel and i was wondering if I could i make a youtube video of my creation and link the youtube vid and use that as my submission? I'll probably also link pictures too along with the linked youtube video.

Static pictures for your entry picture only, please.

can we use Hero Factory pieces?

Absolutely!

This might be a really dumb question but,are  we allow to use custom build torsos or arms or legs?

Definitely! Just make sure they're constructed entirely from legal LEGO elements.
  • Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

So i have a youtube channel and i was wondering if I could i make a youtube video of my creation and link the youtube vid and use that as my submission? I'll probably also link pictures too along with the linked youtube video.

You must post a picture of your entry when you submit it. That will be the primary aspect it will be judged on. If you want to include a video as well, that's great, but it's an extra.

Of course! Those count as constraction pieces.

You do not have to use a pre-built torso for your creations. You can use whatever pieces you want as long as they're official LEGO pieces and have not been painted or cut.

The rules say you can "Your entry must be least 75% Constraction/Technic and a maximum of 25% System elements". Hero Factory and Bionicle are constraction. :)

You can build anything as long as you are using official, non-modified, non-painted, Lego parts. So no custom parts or modified parts or parts that have been painted.

Please do not answer questions if you are not the contest host. Thanks!
  • Upvote 1

You must post a picture of your entry when you submit it. That will be the primary aspect it will be judged on. If you want to include a video as well, that's great, but it's an extra.

Of course! Those count as constraction pieces.

You do not have to use a pre-built torso for your creations. You can use whatever pieces you want as long as they're official LEGO pieces and have not been painted or cut.

The rules say you can "Your entry must be least 75% Constraction/Technic and a maximum of 25% System elements". Hero Factory and Bionicle are constraction. :)

Please do not answer questions if you are not the contest host. Thanks!

Oops. :wacko: Sorry.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Use of any toy parts not produced by the LEGO Group will result in your villain being disqualified

What about fabric/cloth for wings ? They would be home made, but as they're not toy parts this might be a grey area.
I would say that would not be allowed. Use only LEGO pieces in your model.

Hey, Idk what I am doing because I really just got here. If am screwing something up, sorry. I was wondering if 3 people could work together. Please reply.

I've got the photos of my moc ready to go, but I was wondering. Would a link to a Mocpages creation be an acceptable submission method?

You need to link directly to at least one image of your MOC. You can also include your MOCPages link as well if you'd like.

Hey, Idk what I am doing because I really just got here. If am screwing something up, sorry. I was wondering if 3 people could work together. Please reply.

No. MOCs must be the work of a single individual.

Does this have to be verified?

We have no easy way to verify this, but if we find out you have lied to us, you will be disqualified.

How do I submit my MOC creations into the competition

You click the link in the first post that says, 'submit your entries here.' You can also click this link.

How does judging work? Does just Black Six pick the BZPower contestant?

Six judges, one from each of the six sites, will decide on the finalists from each site.

Can a piece be unconnected so long as it still fits well in the model without falling out?

Yes, that would be fine. We are not requiring 'legal' connections.

Also could somebody take a quick glance and tell me if these violate any rules? Entry 1, Entry 2. I'd just like to be sure before I submit them.

As they won't check them before you enter them, what you could do is create a topic for them and ask people there, I'm sure people would be glad to help (although, some maybe too glad:P).

I hope this doesn't come across as an answer, I sincerely apologize if it does.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

As they won't check them before you enter them, what you could do is create a topic for them and ask people there, I'm sure people would be glad to help (although, some maybe too glad:P).

I hope this doesn't come across as an answer, I sincerely apologize if it does.

Thanks, I'm about finished with another entry, then I'll probably make a topic for all of them  :)

IetTsFQ.png

I posted an entry called Vroxx quite a while back. I only had one link that led to my gallery, but the first image was my entry picture. Should I make another post with a separate link to the main image?

You can update your post as long as you're not altering your entry.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are we allowed to update an entry after submitting it to the competition topic so long as the update is completed prior to the submission period closing?

No, once your entry has been submitted it cannot be altered.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are we allowed to update an entry after submitting it to the competition topic so long as the update is completed prior to the submission period closing?

What about edits of the text, not the picture (or should I delete my post and post again because I fixed typos)?

What about edits of the text, not the picture (or should I delete my post and post again because I fixed typos)?

Fixing a typo in your post is fine. It's your MOC that cannot be altered.
  • Upvote 2

Fixing a typo in your post is fine. It's your MOC that cannot be altered.

Good to know the big "edited" message beneath the post doesn't doom my entry.   :)

I have a question. What would be the best way to display pictures of my creation? I've seen that most users seem to link to other sites and image galleries, so is there any preferred method or could I just post the pictures in the topic?

-O Knavery

Most vile, O trick of the Empire's basest wit.

A snare, a ruse, a ploy: and we the fools.

What great deception hath been plied today--

O rebels, do you hear? Fie, 'tis a trap! -Admiral Ackbar