Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang watched the demonstration grimly. The features were impressive, but it was for Dodge. He absentmindedly put a hand to his charred faceplate. That's what had happened last time Dodge had access to a weapon. But he said nothing. This was Kat's request, not his.

He looked out the window to see Omega had disappeared. He walked closer and saw Omega chasing after yet another stalker. Luckily, Vaalku interfered, and left Fang to just shake his head and come back to Kat.

When all the functions were demonstrated and how to activated them, Fang asked, "What can I do to pay for the disks?"

IC: Hoto - Gym

Well, now for the interesting part. Fighting with sight was as alien to Hoto as navigating blind was to Jayar, so it would be difficult to put this into words he could understand. The only way she had learned was out of necessity. He was learning for fun. If this was to work, he was going to have to try as hard as she had.

She contemplated some way to begin. It had never occured to her that she might teach this to someone. Finally, she took a few steps to the left, her armor clicking with each motion, then she walked back a short distance. She hoped he was actually covering his eyes. "Okay, how can you tell where I am? Without your sight, you will have to rely on other senses."

IC: Toxin/Refectory ---> Dorm

He ate slowly. Not because he was enjoying it, mind you, but because he was on the lookout for the semi-transparent Rahkshi he encountered earlier. What was she doing? He decided to quickly finish eating and go to sleep in his dorm. He needed to relax.

IC: Bullseye/Dorm ---> Causeway ---> Mainland Village on Nynrah ---> Forest
He stopped playing music a few moments ago and decided to hunt for some food tonight. He had underestimated the amount of jerky he needed this month...

He managed to get to the Causeway and left to the Mainland.

He stopped on the edge of the village of the mainland closest to the academy, the one that had been ravaged by student in the last assignment. He decided to quickly get through the village without attracting attention and get to the forest. He saw and passed by a group of Rahkshi in a Ghost's hut. He moved quicker. Who knew what would happen if he was caught? He didn't want to know. He also saw a Rahkshi of Rahi Control who had been hiding for some time behind a chimney. He just decided to sneak past him too. The less attention he got now, the more fun he would have when hunting.

IC: Stronghold/Dorm ---> Gym
He woke up. Groggily he went to the gym. Nothing like a good wake-up spar to get him awake.

Walking in, he didn't see anyone who was open to spar. So he decided to put the blades on his cestuses and smash some dummies while waiting for someone to fight.

OOC: Toxin is not open to interaction. Bullseye can be open to interaction, but he prefers to be left alone. Stronghold's looking for a spar.
Edited by ArcticFreeze17

OOC: Who is the stalker again?

IC: Bullseye/Mainland Village on Nynrah ---> Forest

He still hadn't found his way through the village, yet. Most of his usual paths were barred with construction or Matoran who were unwilling to let him pass. He walked around until he saw Omega. He was apparently chasing someone. He didn't want to get involved so he walked in the opposite direction.

IC: Stronghold/Gym
He was starting to feel awake. Smashing dummies loudly usually did that.

IC: Toxin/Dorm

He went into his dorm and slept.

OOC: Bullseye can be open to interaction, but he would prefer to be left alone. Stronghold is still awaiting a sparring partner, and Toxin is not open to interaction.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Vaalku

Vaalku groaned as Omega ran off after the Rahk with the pet. He turned back to Anubissium. "No, unfortunately not. Last I saw, which was quite a while ago, I saw him being talked to. The only way I noticed him was that his name was mentioned. I was busy sorting out a certain dispute. Speaking of which..."

Not wanting to be rude, he softly tapped Fang on the shoulder. "After you're done chatting with your Matoran friend, may I have a word with you?"

IC: Rider

Rider breathed heavily as the big Rahkshi approached him. He drew his sword so that when Omega came round the chimney to see him, he would be ready. Claws shivered underneath his leg.

IC: Omega

Omega growled, turning round the corner to see Rider. Rider jumped at him but Omega caught him and grabbed his neck. Claws began biting at his foot and he dropped Rider, in pain. Omega picked up Claws by the claw and held him there, grabbing Rider again. Omega walked back and dumped Rider by the rest of the group. 

Fang looked down at Vaalku. He was watching the demonstration, and this guy wasn't even supposed to be here. Still, with an exasperated sigh, Fang nodded and followed Vaalku out... stopping short as a Rahkshi fell right in front of him. He looked up to see Omega. "What do we have here?" he asked, glancing back at the intruder.

IC: Hoto - Gym

"Hearing will probably be your most valuable sense," she continued. "Unfortunately, singling out an enemy will not be that easy in combat. You may fight foes who can see better than you, or can travel more silently than I can." As she was talking, she bent down and pushed the clickers on her joints out. It wasn't a tactic she used very often, but it had saved her life before when she needed to be silent. She took careful note of where Jayar was standing.

With a few careful steps, she slipped up right next to where he had stood and whispered. "Sometimes, by the time you hear them, it will be too late." She twirled away, still keeping her footsteps as quiet as possible on the hard floor. "The reason I do not fight is I do not trust my own reflexes. My methods of getting around are enough to get by, but it is difficult to be able to detect when a blade is swinging towards you and move your own to block it before it hits. If you want to learn, you will have to try harder than I have.

"So, how will you do it?"

"Please explain. And be quick about it, before Omega here gets... angry."

This was meant to be a simple, peaceful trip between friends, and now all these Rahkshi were showing up out of nowhere. With all these others wanting to join Fang's group, it was too much to be a coincidence. And the uncertainty was making Fang very irritable.

Fang hissed and stalked closer to the intruder. "You might as well save us time and tell me why the Karz Exxan, or Phogen, or whoever, is watching my every move! And bring them this message: I am not forming a mob. I am not forming a rebellion against them. If they would just STAY OUT OF MY WAY, I WILL STAY OUT OF THEIRS!!" Fang was shouting with his headplate pressed right up against the other Rahkshi's. His eyes and hands burned with the scalding heat of plasma. 

IC Vaalku

Vaalku was losing his temper with Omega, but he slipped a bit over with Fang's sudden move. He angrily tripped the Rahk and pressed hard on his shoulder, forcing him to the ground.

"Let's put it like this:" Vaalku said plainly, trying to finish before Fang rose. "Exxan has been stepping across these Rahk for days on end, and then blames them for the doing of it. I'm simply trying to avoid anything seriously deadly occurring, so if you run into Exxan again, please decide not to tell him of our doings." He gave Rider a sad glance as he spoke, and then returned to trying to keep Fang and Omega from bursting themselves open with rage.

IC: Bullseye/Mainland Village on Nynrah ---> Forest on Nynrah

Bullseye, in his attempts to get past the Matoran, somehow managed to come back to where all the Rahkshi had gathered. That's when he finally recognized Fang, Omega, and Vaalku. They were interrogating the Rahkshi that he found hiding earlier. The worst part was that he was in front of their sight. Immediately, before they noticed him, he took to parkouring off a nearby merchant's stall to get to the roof. Might as well get some practice, hmm?

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Fang pushed himself up angrily and brushed himself off. He turned his fury to Vaalku this time, pointing a threatening finger. "If you ever do that again, I will personally melt your armor into slag. This... spy knows Exxan, and he's reporting to him! As far as I'm concerned, Exxan is no longer my problem, but he continues to make himself one!"

Fang turned his attention to a scuffling noise atop a nearby roof, but didn't see anything. He turned back to Vaalku, speaking much softer but still just as dangerously. "I refuse to let Exxan's little friends dance around me like I'm some kind of fool. This one is a part of it, I am sure!"

IC: Bullseye/Nynrah Village ---> Forest

At this moment he wished he was a Rahkshi of Darkness because that was a close call. He didn't want to think about what would happen if he was caught. And without one of his brothers...getting away would be another miracle. He proceeded to fly quickly across the rooftops trying to create minimal noise and get to the forest. Now why didn't he do that earlier?...

But then he heard the helpless responses of the interrogated. He didn't want to feel guilty for not helping a fellow Rahkshi. He stopped flying halfway to the forest and decided to walk back to bring the least amount of suspicion.

"I was on my way to hunt in the forests. But I guess someone beat me to a big catch, eh?" he said to the group. He hoped that might calm everyone and perhaps induce a laugh or two. That probably wasn't possible due to the circumstances.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Fang ignored the pleas of the guilty and turned with a sardonic smile towards the approaching Bullseye. "Well, look who appears just as his little comrade is in jeopardy. I'll admit, I had my doubts about you, Bullseye, but this confirms every one. Of course, you are all so nice, trying to slip in, get close to me, watch my movements. I thought Exxan was more clever than that."

He casually approached, taking it one slow step at a time. "As I told your friend, you can tell your master I'm finished with him. We're even. But if he dares to send any more of his herd Mahi around, well..." 

Fang stopped just short of Bullseye's reach. "... Let's say you'll find out if both of you don't leave in the next ten seconds."

IC: Bullseye/Nynrah Village ---> Forest

He stood there calmly. Forget the analysis, just speak.

"Perhaps I was wrong about you, too. I thought you were less quick to make judgements. I am no one's herd Maho but my own."

He wished his brothers were here.

"For one, I never met Exxan, much less know him. I only heard rumors about the guy. He's part of some lapdog army, right?"

It was wrong of him to interfere.

"Do whatever you like. If that Rahkshi there is one of them, I wouldn't care less about those who serve cutthroat liars."

He ditched the nice-guy attitude and a scowl appeared on his face when he said those last words. He was serious about that. He proceeded to leave. He didn't want to say anything more. Fang wasn't worth the words.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Kat: I had been entranced by the capabilities of the Prosthetic, and snapped out of it to find everyone outside.

Arguing.

AGAIN.

I burst out of the door, anger and confusion clear on my face.

"What the Karz is going on?! It's like I can't leave you guys alone forgive minutes before a fight breaks out! We're allies, aren't we?!"

I noticed Rider cowering on the Ground. That was also confusing.

"What're you doing here?"

"No! You're lying, all of you!" Fang slashed the air, splattering plasma down the street. With Bullseye rapidly getting out of his reach, Fang turned back to the first spy. "That's all you can do, is lie!"

Fang rapidly approached the cowardly Rahkshi, his fists glowing white hot, but he stopped as Kat burst out of the door. At her appearance, the plasma slipped off his hands and he stopped cold, but his anger did not vanish.

"This spy was reporting us to Exxan! I don't know why, but there can be no other reason he is here! His wiser friend already left to say everything we've been doing!"

IC: Bullseye/Nynrah village ---> Forest

He noticed the damage in the street as he began walking away. He uttered curses to Fang as he approached a Maoran and began dispensing his recent earnings to help pay for damages. He shouted angrily at Fang.

"You are destroying the property of Matoran. That is unforgivable in my book. Know this Fang. You have lost your chance to gain an ally. You have lost my respect."

He goes up and apologizes to Kat who was mad at all the arguing and then leaves. This time he enters the forest. He expected someone to come after him, but they don't. He preps an arrow to target one of the first Brakas he finds.

"Time to hunt."

OOC: Last post of the day. Happy holidays, guys.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Bullseye had the audacity to walk back here and apologize. Then he said Fang was destroying Matoran property. At that, he could not force down his anger any more.

"DESTROY IT?!! I AM NOT LIKE YOU, YOU COWARD, YOU TRAITOR, YOU FOLLOWER!! I AM THE ONLY ONE TRYING TO PROTECT IT!! KEEP YOUR RESPECT AND YOUR ALLEGIANCE!! I DON'T NEED IT FROM RAHKSHI LIKE YOU!!"

But Bullseye had already left, leaving Fang to rage at nothing.

Not nothing, thought Fang as he turned back to the first Rahkshi. He still had to deal with this one. He barely forced his voice back to his normal, cold tone, though it threatened to burst into a shout at any moment. "Omega knows his place. I trust him completely, and he would never betray me to Phogen. I know how she works. He creates a big show to impress all the underlings while slipping in... the real plan underneath."

A sudden inspiration hit Fang, but he tried not to believe it. "D...doesn't she, Omega?"

No, he couldn't. I was the one to ask him about this. I was the one to take him into my confidence. But it would be the perfect cover.

"Of course, of course." He was trying to convince himself, nodding reassuringly to Omega to hide his doubts.

I should have never told him to stay on that schemer's side. He has to choose at some point. But what if it is just another lie, trying to turn me from the one Rahkshi I trust completely?

He didn't know what to think anymore, but for now, he would have to keep trusting Omega. Carefully. He turned his attention fully on the... new Rahkshi, trying to push the doubt out of his mind.

"I still have no reason to believe you," he said, but his heart was no longer in it. "Either way, I want you gone. Now. If you speak whatever it is you need to to Exxan, I will know about it." Fang glared weakly at him, then turned and walked back to Kat and the workshop, not wanting anyone to see his face, just hoping the intruder would leave, taking his... lies with him.

IC Kat: I sighed, frustrated at my inability to keep up with the bickering.

I looked at Fang wearily, "The kid doesn't work for Phogen. I've seen him around before. You and Omega both could use a lesson on controlling your temper."

I shook my head slightly, "the old man said he'd treat your blade if you help in making it. Seems fair to put in your work for your own weapon, huh?"

I sat in the dirt, holding my head.

"If you guys could not fight for like.... Ten minutes, is be very grateful."