Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Squid

Squid looked up from his book and saw a gathering of Rahkshi. Was that... Metal? And was this a poster for a talent show?

Squid was joyful!

"Nice, a Talent Show! Count me in! It'll be a great way for me to make some more friends and show off some talents only I know about!" 

Squid happily walked over and signed his name, then did a little dance.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC: (Snakey)

After talking to Green, Snake continued down the halls.

IC: (Wraith)

Wraith went back to her blank book.

Exxan was still in the Library. Squid was outside. Phogen was nowhere to be seen. Exxan, Squid, Phogen. Potential threats. Definite threats. To Chequars, yes, but Wraith did't care about him, although he had his uses. They were all valuable allies, but mostly just threats.

Squid had somewhat of a reputation of not being able to use his power very accurately, although in raw power he had obviously increased. If the need arose, all Wraith would have to do to neutralise him would be spray him with the gel and wait to see if he wished to commit suicide by using his power. Unfortunately, his other reputation was as a peacemaker. Pathetic.

Kathok

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang let the sword drop, more out of concern for the hours of work than a lack of suspicion. The plasma slipped off and onto the street. He still glared at this 'Anubissium,' unsure of what to make of her. She seemed sincere, but this was yet another Rahkshi approaching him about assisting within the last day. Something didn't feel right; no one had expressed any interest before... Exxan.

He tried to be genial, but it still came off cold. "I apologize. Perhaps I am a little... on edge in this place."

Not wanting to either confirm or deny her request, he turned suddenly and walked into the hut. It was obviously made for a Matoran, and Fang had to stoop to get his spines through the doorway. The Matoran looked up from his work with a panicked expression.

"Easy, craftsman. We come seeking your services, nothing more." Fang hoped the Matoran understood Rahkshi. From what Kat said, Fang could hope so.

IC:

Fang let the sword drop, and Anubissium sighed in relief. That could have gone better, she thought. At least he didn't try to murder me on the spot for spooking him. He went into the hut, and she waited outside, not wanting to cause him more suspicion. 

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Toxin/Library

Toxin looked up to see a Rahkshi with semi-translucent armor reading a book nearby. He walked up to the Rahkshi from behind to ask how her armor came out like that, but then noticed that she was reading...nothing! He wondered why in the name of the Great Beings would she be looking at a blank book? He returned to his seat quickly without her noticing, and began his own observations.

"Perhaps she likes to look at the blank pages?"

Either way, he will find the truth.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

But Wraith had noticed Toxin. He seemed one of the few people who had payed her any notice...in other circumstances she would commend this feat, but he had somehow seen her book, even though she was holding it close to her.

She gave him a truly realistic smile - she was getting good at them - before saying: "This book I have found seems to be blank. Strange that the Library would include such books, is it not?"

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Squid

Squid noticed a Rahkshi reading a book with... blank pages? He tapped the Rahkshi's shoulder.

"Hi! Excuse me, but why are you reading the book if it is blank? Are you just pretending to be reading?"

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone
  • Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Kat: I looked over my shoulder as Fang went inside, and said to the newcomer, "Best you wait out here, there's only so much room inside."

I turned and stepped inside.

NPC matoran Ghost:

The old man looked up, startled. He'd never seen this Rahkshi before, and frankly, he looked almost like he'd use that wickedly curved sword on whoever got in his way.

He was amiable in speech, though, and he was more relieved when Kat walked in.

"Ah, well then, what can I do for you today...?"

Now sarcasm.

"Why yes, I would pick up a random book from the shelf and know in advance that it was blank because I just love reading blank books." She gave Squid a withering stare. "No, I did not know beforehand. As I said to him" she pointed a skeletal finger at Toxin "I picked up this book, later finding it to be blank."

​Sarcasm seemed to work quite a lot of the time...Wraith made a mental note to practice it.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

He thought that he ninja-snuck away. He thought wrong. He looked up at her and found a genuine smile, but knowing that the Makuta had lied to them about the "good" they'd done, he was unsure of her intentions, or if he'd inadvertently ended up on her list of victims, if she had any. He decided to politely respond to her, and then get back into his book.

"Yes...yes, indeed. Are you sure there aren't any words in there?"

His Kraata furrowed its brows in his suit, if they had eyebrows. He wondered if she was trying to draw attention off herself. If she was, then she'd need to do better than that.

"She's different than anyone else I've met here...I should ask Bullseye later if he knows her."

But first he decides to ask an experienced Rahkshi.

He gestures for Squid to come over. He was a familiar face from the small band in the Refectory a few days ago.

"Hey," he whispered to Squid, so that she couldn't hear. "Do you know that Rahkshi?"

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Good. Right to business. "I am searching for a Matoran who would be unafraid to sell Kanoka disks to a Rahkshi. In payment..." he set Venom on the table, and the Matoran flinched. Fang reluctantly set the blade to the side against a wall. He needed his hands free for this. "...I offer my services. If you have a piece of scrap metal, I can demonstrate."

The Matoran reached under the counter and shakily pulled up a lump of protosteel. Fang took it and began to warm his hands with plasma. The metal glowed, and Fang pressed and pinched it for a moment. When he stopped and the metal cooled, what was left looked like a crude sculpture of the Matoran's mask. He gestured to Venom. "I forged this blade with my own hands, and I will assist you in what work you see fit as payment. Do you accept?"

IC: Bullseye/Dorm

He stopped playing for a moment. He needed to do something original. And he did. The music came out as eerie and peaceful, just like his old home in the swamps before coming to Corpus Rahkshi. He would never realize that he didn't close the door, and that many people could probably hear what he was playing.

IC: Jayar / Refectory-->Library

Jayar thought about his encounter with Exann earlier. It had been due to his overconfidence that he had tripped over the level 3 Rahkshi, of that he was certain. He should not have expected to be suddenly capable of navigating perfectly without vision. Like all worthy skills, that would have to be learned. He firmly resolved to do so.

Finishing his slop, Jayar rose from his table and, grabbing his staff, left the Refectory and headed to the library. Inside he found a gathering of Rahkshi around a talent show poster. The thought of reading some of his poetry crossed his mind, but soon vanished. Despite his confidence in battle, he wasn't sure if he could withstand others hearing his poetic works. Still, if the show food occur, he would be sure to go and watch the performers. A friendly gathering of artists sounded like just what the school needed.

Contemplation on that compete, he began to comb the shelves for a book on fighting without sight. He realized after a few minutes, however, that he was unlikely to find anything, as those who needed such a book would be unable to read it and therefore such a book would be useless except to those who, like him, felt such obscure knowledge would be useful in battle on the off chance an enemy could incapacitate one's sight.

OOC: Jayar open to interaction.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC Catatonic:

I heard Omega growl, and poked my head outside.

"Play nice, Omega."

I winked good naturedly at him, then popped back inside.

"Seems you're scarier than I give you credit for, I joked to Fang."

NPC Matoran Ghost

Amazed as always at the powers of Rahkshi, the old man cracked a toothy smile, "I think we can work something out. What discs were you looking for?"

IC: Bullseye/His Dorm

Somewhere in the middle of the song, he, for some reason, picked up the tempo, the melodies starting to feel more hoppy and such. Now he began to recall his fun adventure to the academy with his brother, Toxin, and what a difficult journey it was. The song transferred from eerie and peaceful to fast-paced and happy. He began to smile at himself, this song was amazing, and with his photographic memory, he would remember the finger movements and keys so that he could play again later. He never saw Melody at the door.

He saw the blank-page-reading Rahkshi leave. He went back to his book, but kept note to ask Bullseye about her. He waited for Squid to answer his question.

OOC: Bullseye's reliving life through song. Cool, huh?

IC: Toxin/Library ---> Outside Bullseye's Dorm

He couldn't focus on the book. Curiosity about the stranger was more stronger than learning. He decided that Squid wasn't going to be listening, so he decided to ask Bullseye to see Melody sitting and listening to his music. He sat next to the door, too. He decided to wait for Bullseye to finish whatever he was doing, and what he was doing sounded great.

"Hey," he said, and motioned for her to whisper, too. "You like it?"

Fang shot Kat a quick smile. "I do my best," he joked back.

When he turned back to the Matoran, he was all business again. "Disks of Freeze and Regeneration. A high power level if possible. What can I do to repay you?"

Fang idly looked around the workshop and took in the existing projects. A lot of weapons, of course, but there in the back, was that... a leg? It was much too long to be a Matoran's, and Fang doubted if any Toa would be allowed within a hundred kio of this place. It looked almost like... a Rahkshi leg.

"What is that?" he asked, gesturing at the leg.

Metal / Library, Speaking with the Crowd \ IC:

Metal stayed near the poster and watched what was happening. A blank book? This was why he felt the need to spice up the Library yesterday . . . or, at least, whenever that was. When Rider came up and asked about the show, he smiled and heartily responded, "But of course! It was my idea, and my name is first on the list. It looks like plenty of interest has already been garnered."

Although some of the bookish Rahkshi were annoyed at the commotion, already more than the required number of Rahkshi had signed up, but Metal saw it fit to wait and spread the word more. He wanted this to be a school-wide event of entertainment and fun!

OOC: Because NPCs are bound to be interested as well. I'll wait for 8 PCs, of course.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Toxin/Outside Bullseye's Dorm

He listened to her stutter and decided to whisper the question again.

"Yes. You heard. Why else would you be sitting here listening. His music has that affect to the musically inclined. So. You like it?"

He began to hit the point when he and his brother arrived. It was slow and could give a nervous feeling, but that was covered with a light tune of excitement and anxiousness. He had the feeling that someone was outside, but he had to finish the song.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC: Exxan - Library 

Exxan put the book back on the shelf, and looked for something else to read. He found a small volume on knife-throwing tips and tricks: perfect. Sitting with his back up agaisnt the wall in his favourite, quiet little corner at the back of the library, Exxan let the words wash over him. Sure, the adrenaline and exhilaration of a fight was great and all, but there was nothing better than getting lost in among the pages of a good book.

OOC: Exxan still open for interaction. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Toxin/Outside Bullseye's Dorm

"Really, then..."

He laid back and decided to remain silent while listening on to the music. It seemed to stop and change.

"He must've finished and moved on to a different song. I missed my opportunity to talk. I'll wait this one out too."

It took all he had to remain awake.

He finished it. And he remembered every note by heart. He decided to play something else, something more original, something...exotic. He began changing the settings on his keyboard. Playing a mixture of synth and piano, he began playing something a bit more tribal and coastal. This was sweet peaceful bliss to all listeners and would have lulled his listeners to sleep.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Metal turned to Revenge and responded, "Anything! Juggling, fighting, sports, music, anything you're good at that you think is an art!"

Metal saw Exxan, one of the rumored level 3 Rahkshi, sitting in a corner. If he got one of the greatest students in the school involved, of course it would be a success! With a grin (still as terrifying as always considering he was a Rahkshi and strangely decked out), he walked over to the relaxing Rahkshi and asked, "You're Exxan, are you not? Congratulations of reaching the next level of our glorious evolution. Would you be interested in performing in a sort of show put on by Headmaster Suvak? Whatever art you might be skilled at, you could awe the audience and gain even more glory!"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Exxan.

Exxan looked up at the Rahkshi who had approached him. "My only talent seems to be succeeding against the odds," his tone was a little bitter. He didn't feel like he'd really done anything to earn his new level of power. He'd just gotten lucky. Over and over again. "Not something I can exactly put in a show. Sorry buddy."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Revenge-Library

"The only thing I thought I was good at was fighting, but Rider proved me wrong." Revenge looked down at Claws, as he bent to pick claws up he saw his zamor launcher.  He drew it and examined it.  "That gives me an idea, Rider hand me that pen!"

IC: Melody-Outside Bulseye's room.

Melody was very moved by the music, she pulled out her flute and glanced shyly at the Rahkshi she had been talking to.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Metal took half a step in towards Exxan to be more conversational - though not to be uncomfortably close. Keeping the smile he responded, "Nothing? Surely you have some talent! Anything that involves luck that you excel at? Throwing darts? Playing a game of chance that always goes in your favor? Sleight of hand?"

Edited by Toa of Dancing