Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Dahl

I nod, and start walking to the Refectory, Limon presumably following. "Was it a long journey here?" I ask, at an attempt to start up some form of conversation. Still horrible at that, by the way.

IC: Shock

I point to Orloc. "This guy gets it. We can't do much in the face of absolute power. Besides, there's too many Loyalists around to form a plan with the majority of the student body. Now I don't know how long you've been around here, but back when I was but a wee lad, there was this complete idiot runnin' round here named Mangai. Declared his rebellion right in front of me and... Me." I pause for a moment, reminiscing on the past, before continuing. "Anyways, this sparked a series of events that led to a group of minute-Rahks hunting down anyone suspected of being a traitor. I was one of those suspected, too. Hadn't done anything, but there I was, in front of Tridax."

"Now the way he went about rebelling was... Well, there ain't much you can do that's dumber. But now, you bring in Icarax, who was probably informed of the whispers of rebellion, and he goes along and makes a few students these Prefects to enforce his will and 'protect the student body'. If they even suspect you of rebellion, they will put you down without a second thought. I mean, look what happened to me!" I turn around for Whisper for her to see my back. "The winged oaf dealt out this punishment. And what did I do? I picked a fight. At a school for Rahkshi. So unless you're some Mastermind who can oh so cleverly hide away any and all plans, I suggest you just lay low, and when you get the chance, run. "

Edited by Sassy Dalmation

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Whisper - Refectory.

"So, what you're saying is that even the mighty Icarax isn't strong enough to keep the students in check by himself?" I replied, allowing a wry smile to flit across my features, "He relies on these 'Prefect' collaborators to hold onto power?" 

My father was a warmonger, plain and simple. He valued strength and combat prowess above all else, and that simple-mindedness made him tediously predictable. The school was his battleground, dissent was his enemy, and these Prefects were his Generals. The rahks I'd met so far were too afraid to act or speak out against Icarax out of fear of repercussions from these Prefects, but if I could persuade someone to remove the Prefects from play, that would be a strong step towards inspiring the rest of the students.

Without his field commanders, Icarax's control over this warzone would waver. Without control, he would become vulnerable. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"There's a difference between not being strong enough and not having enough of yourself. Sure, he could just zap one of us away with the wave of his hand, and probably could rely on only his own power and presence to keep us in check. Tridax thought he could do that. Didn't exactly go out as planned. No matter how powerful you are, unless you clone yourself, you can't be everywhere at once to make sure that students not thinking of rebelling against the

system. Icarax probably knows this, which is why he made the nastiest and the most loyal Rahks his Prefects in the first place. He's cautious, plain and simple. Besides, even if the Prefects all got up and left, there will always be a group of Loyalists willing to lick his boots clean. He has support, no matter what you do."

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

"It sounds like you've already given this a lot of thought." I mused, "So perhaps you can clarify something for me. These 'loyalists' you're referring to... are they truly loyal to Icarax himself, or are they just clinging to to the coattails of the one in power to further their own ends?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Orloc - Refectory

"I've heard enough. If you'll pardon me, I do believe I have other, better things to do than plan a bloody insurrection." With that, Orloc got up from the table, walking past before absentmindedly bumping into Canvas on their way out. "Oh, sorry. Wait, are you not the one that spoke of peace earlier?"

IC: Dissent - Refectory

"Karzed shame. Anyway, speaking of the prefects. Who are they? What are their names?" Dissent asked, sitting down at the table.

IC: Dormirahk - Dormitories

The door to Dormirahk's room closed behind them, the lock clicking into place. Having stashed the paper and writing utensils inside their room for safe keeping, Dormirahk now cautiously looked about the dormitory hallways before beginning their trip to the causeway.

OOC: Dormirahk still OFI, anywhere between the dorms and the school entrance

Edited by Onaku

IC: Fang - Village of Kaam

Fang stopped hard, looking over his shoulder at Shield. His expression was inscrutable, but the clenching and unclenching of his fists betrayed the turmoil within him. He hardly moved for several seconds.

"Go on, I'll keep an eye on him," Kat would say, and he'd go charging off into the fire like he always had.

But Kat wasn't here.

Stiffly, Fang turned around and sat a short distance from Shield, pointedly keeping his eyes fixed on the origin of the scream. His hands clenched again, glowing slightly, quaking just a little, but he held his position.

IC: Garrotte - Gym Maze (Team 2)

Garrotte stared blankly after where Helkyrie had disappeared with the Rahk she had been just about to engage. Slowly the gears in her head began to turn. One, fighting Vlad. Two, fighting Helkyrie. Each team was supposed to have four, so where were the others?

IC: Tear - Gym Maze (Team 3)

That sound... it had been growing since not long after the Kavinika attacked. And now...

Oh Karz.

Tear waited just long enough to ensure the VIP was following before taking flight, soon falling behind Door.

IC: Canvas - Refectory

The words had hardly left her mouth before something bumped her arm, sending the bowl of slop to the floor. Canvas just looked down at it and sighed before turning to look at the Rahk who had bumped her. Despite the circumstances, her face quickly brightened as he recognized her. "Yeah, I am! You want to know more?"

Edited by Click

I ponder over Whisper's question for a moment. Why we're the Loyalists... Loyal? "I don't honestly know. You could have those who just want power, but there's also those that worship the Makuta as gods. I think the latter is more common, truth be told, but I don't know for sure. As for who they are... Let's see. There's Recherche, the big golden boi who speaks in big words. Grim, a Rahkshi with the head of a traitor perched on their shoulder. Unshakably loyal. Draco, another big Rahkshi who looks kinda dragon like(ridiculous, if ya ask me). Very proud and full of himself. Then you got Shark, who's also pretty big, and is just... Unnervingly silent. Has one big spine. Finally, Sliver. Smallest of the group, but unfortunately, the nastiest. Total sadist, doesn't care about much except herself. Black on one side, white on the other."

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Kororia - Team Baby Wrigglers

"Whoa!" Kororia, the little ball of momentum that she was, dropped and skidded under the taller Rahkshi's legs, rolling to land right beside Aza. "I'm here to help!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Limon

"Nah, my Makuta teleported me here." Limon said, with a look of vague disgust. "Blegh. Always makes me feel queasy."

Her stomach growled loudly, and the Rahkshi pouted. "So, just. Gruel, huh?" She complained. "No roasted peppers or fruit bowls..."

-

IC: Vigilem Diode

Diode growled as the thorned whips dug into his legs, and he swung his sword at them in order to cut them. But, to his surprise, they were coated in metal and the blade just glanced off them. He'd have to keep chopping if he wanted to be free, but he wouldn't have time.

All he could do was slash at Reda from where he was.

IC: Melody-Refectory

Melody knelt down, picked up Canvas' bowl, filled it with some food from her own, and handed it back to her friend. She turned to the newcomer. "A-a-are y-you interested in j-j-joining O-our f-f-felowship?"

IC: Punishment-Gym

Punishment twisted on his stick and moved out of the way of the strike. His opponent was ferocious, always on the offensive, and he had the power to back it up. Punishment was almost ready to surrender, almost, he wanted to get at least one good hit. For the last time he got in a defensive pose, ready to counterattack.

IC: Toxitora Junior-Hallway

Junior sighed. "Well, I'm Toxitora Junior, I just got here. Nice to meet you!"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Canvas smiled at Melody and took a quick bite before anything else could get in her way.

IC: Reda - Gym

Reda rolled away from the blade and gave the whips a sharp tug. Either Vigilem was going to get out with a quite a few more scratches or fall vulnerable to Reda's dagger she had ready in her other hand.

"Thought you said anything was good?" I say, amused, before going on. "Unfortunately no. Doesn't even taste that good. Though I've heard there's a coupla aspiring chefs roaming around, so maybe you could get your fill on... Exquisite dishes."

IC: Mortsia

I think for a moment on how I could introduce myself in my normal form of speech while not sounding completely full of myself, before giving up and just saying, "I'm Mortsia."

IC: Draco

I land, growling slightly at the fact that I missed, before recovering, and turning to Punishment, smirking slightly. "I believe our duel is nearly over." I sheath my swords, and once again draw Necrosmith in scythe mode. I take a step forward towards Punishment, bringing my arms back to do the classic executioner style slash at Punishment's torso, before slashing at him with my powers assisting the speed.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

I ponder over Whisper's question for a moment. Why we're the Loyalists... Loyal? "I don't honestly know. You could have those who just want power, but there's also those that worship the Makuta as gods. I think the latter is more common, truth be told, but I don't know for sure. As for who they are... Let's see. There's Recherche, the big golden boi who speaks in big words. Grim, a Rahkshi with the head of a traitor perched on their shoulder. Unshakably loyal. Draco, another big Rahkshi who looks kinda dragon like(ridiculous, if ya ask me). Very proud and full of himself. Then you got Shark, who's also pretty big, and is just... Unnervingly silent. Has one big spine. Finally, Sliver. Smallest of the group, but unfortunately, the nastiest. Total sadist, doesn't care about much except herself. Black on one side, white on the other."

"I see..." and now I had the names of those who stood in my path. For all of their pessimism, this rahk was providing plenty of assistance for my cause. "It sounds like you harbour some measure of disdain for these Loyalists. Would I be correct in assuming that there are others in the student body who share this resentment?" 

IC: Limon

"I was hoping for a bit more variety, but... Well, can't really be picky, I guess." Limon looked up at Dahl, her brow furrowing. "This might be kind of an awkward question, but, what kind of Rahkshi are you? I've never seen another one before."

-

IC: Vigilem Diode

Vigilem skidded across the floor as Reda yanked on her whips, and his legs were taken out from under him. He growled as he fell to the floor and made another swipe at the whips, cutting clean through one of them and freeing a leg.

Come on, Di. You've got her. Flux encouraged.

Diode ripped off the remains of the first whip and got up, making a dash towards Reda and thrusting with the sword.

"I am a Rahkshi of dodge. Not standard colors, mind you, but..." I shrug. "Anyways, makes things a whole lot easier."

I think for a moment. There's definitely a few, I can tell you that, but I don't think there's any who would act on that hatred. They're strong, plain and simple." I pause for a moment, then, in a much quieter voice, ask, "What's your game here? Planning some kinda uprising against Icarax?"

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

"Oh, nothing so mundane as a simple uprising. Uprisings encourage reprisal. Reprisals cause death and pain." I'd given this a lot of thought. Icarax couldn't be bested in a straight fight. He was too powerful for that. He needed to be ousted through more meticulous means, the kind of covert, careful thought that he was so utterly incapable of. "No, I intend to erode his support, to discredit him, to make him appear weak and ineffective in the eyes of the Brotherhood. Like the previous headmaster before him, he'll be humiliated, and replaced."

IC: Fang - Village of Kaam

Fang caught Shield's eye for just a moment, only to turn away again with a grunt.

Canvas laughed. "It's just what it sounds like! We want to give the students here the option of living peacefully."

IC: Reda - Gym

Reda sidestepped, deflecting the blade away from her with her dagger before taking a few quick steps away from Vigilem. In her hand was the severed whip, and for the second or two she allowed herself to look at it, her face only got angrier.

I just stare at Whisper. You've got to be kidding me. This isn't someone movement for freedom at all! This is either petty revenge from an angry child, or some other Makuta put her up to this. I sigh. "Well, I ain't going to tell on you, so your secret is safe with me, but I'm not helping you anymore. Have fun with your... Quest." I say, already moving away to finish cleaning.

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

"To each their own." I conceded, waving farewell, "If you change your mind, come find me." 

IC: Thud - Oh Jeez Oh No

The thundering giant had only just realized the walls were closing in on him, and, as he often did, had lost the sense to transform into flight mode.

He searched around for "Missouri" or even "Moot", but to his fear and dispair, they were nowhere to be found.

It seemed that they had left him all alone, running from the wall. 

CLUNKCLUNKCLUNKCLUNKCLUNK

The frag-rahk sprinted for his life, but the wall continued to close in further and further, and he soon found himself tiring out. He let out a final desperate yell for help before the wall consumed him, and everything went black.

Only about a minute or so later, Thud found himself very much intact and alive. He breathed a very loud sigh of relief, and looked around, finding himself back in the gym where this all started.

The past hour had been incredibly hard for him, and the rahkshi was now very hungry. 

"I wish Mute was around to eat with me." He sighed very much aloud, before beginning to make his way to the refectory.

Edited by Dane.

IC: Orloc - Refectory

"To live peacefully, to live in peace. A life without violence and bloodshed. Though not one without hardship. This path you take, it is not one you will be unopposed on. Or rather, one we will be unopposed on. I should think it would be good for me to walk this path alongside you, should you have me?"

Dissent had stayed silent for but a moment to hear out Shock and Whisper, but now rushed to her feet and intercepted Whisper. "Hold on. What exactly is your agenda here? What's your stake in all this? Do you truly value freedom or is this just a personal vendetta against the current headmaster?

IC: Door - Outrun

Door was silently relieved that Crate and Tear had taken off as well, the three of them flying at high speed away from the advancing wall and toward the Gym City's center. "Alright, clearly our illustrious headmaster doesn't appreciate hunkering down and waiting for the other teams to pick each other apart. So since waiting it out is off the table, I'd say it's hunting time. Let's set down here for a moment." Door passed Crate again and began descending down onto one of the rooftops.

IC: Dormirahk - Cauldron

Dormirahk made their way across the causeway and onto Nynrah's beach, where the grizzly sight of the destroyed village met them once more. From there they headed to the Cauldron, looking inside for paint cans and other materials for modifying their own suit. If they were going to go through with their plan, perhaps concealing their true identity first would be an apt course of action. And so they set to work.

IC: Uunrak vs Helkyrie - Gym City Showdown

I ducked as my opponent's shovel swung past where my head had been. I quickly went in for an attack with my axe, only for her to once more teleport away, this time right next to me as she stabbed her shovel into the side of my chest. Thankfully, I managed to toughen my armour just enough to avoid a severe wound, but the attack still left a flesh wound, and threw me off balance, giving my opponent another opportunity for attack, which she used to teleport around me and swing her shovel at my head. I quickly brought my shield up to block the attack, causing the shovel to skid off the shield and graze across my shoulder, leaving another scratch. I grunted and quickly rolled over, getting up and ready for another attack.

This rahk... if it weren't for that cursed teleportation ability of hers, I'd have this fight in the bag, but instead I was stuck fighting an opponent I could barely hit, and scarcely avoid blows from. I panted, this fight was starting to get to me, my whole body ached from various blows I'd taken from that karzed shovel of hers. I mean, who fights with a shovel anyway? This was just embarrassing, both for me and for her. Well, maybe not for her, since she was kicking my behind all the same. I'd never considered myself some master of combat, but I had hoped to do better than this.

I held my axe in both hands, my left shoulder and the buckler thereon facing my opponent. The buckler, which had already taken a beating on my journey to the school, was in even worse condition from all the battering it had taken during this fight. This one fight. Against a rahkshi with a shovel. I charged, and predictably, she teleported. I'd started to try predicting where she'd teleport next, and swing my axe there. And this time it seemed I'd lucked out, as I felt resistance to my swing and the satisfying sound of an axe cleaving into armour and flesh, as well as the pained yelp of my opponent.

I'd managed to hit her in the thigh. I quickly tore my axe out, and my purple armoured half-withered enemy stumbled backwards, clutching her wound and wincing. She then looked up at me with a much angrier expression than before. She teleported again, this time behind me, but not close enough to attack. I turned around, and cautiously, began approaching her, my axe raised, mildly optimistic now that I'd finally landed a blow. Suddenly she teleported up to me, took a swing at me which I just barely blocked, then teleported away again. And then she repeated that. Again. And again. And I started to get annoyed. I started to advance faster, trying sometimes to counter-attack before she could teleport away again, but eventually charging as she kept teleporting away, further and further, and...

Suddenly, she was gone. Teleported, but not anywhere I could see. And in that moment, I realized I didn't know where I was. She'd led me all this way... away from my teammates.

Oh scrap.

• Upvote 1

Dissent had stayed silent for but a moment to hear out Shock and Whisper, but now rushed to her feet and intercepted Whisper. "Hold on. What exactly is your agenda here? What's your stake in all this? Do you truly value freedom or is this just a personal vendetta against the current headmaster?

"I freely admit that it's a bit of both," I saw no reason to hide the truth here. Doing so would only backfire on me in future. "Icarax is the Makuta that made me... which is why I know how to deal with him. Makuta are creatures of pride and ego, but also immense power. We rahkshi can't destroy a Makuta, but we can manipulate the Makuta into destroying each other." 

IC: Crate - Vantage Point

Look at him go, up down, up down. Almost reminds me of a Makuta. I'd usually be furious about being told what to do like some sort of worm puppet...so why aren't I?

I set down, nearly stumbling but catching myself. "So what now, Shield-bearer? Do we wait?"

IC: Thud - Food time

Thud quickly found his way, though not witbout confusion, to the refectory.

The large rahkshi helped himself to about two trays of slop, sitting on the table closest to the entrance. A shovel would probably have fared better than the tiny spoons provided to him, but he used a spoon all the same.

A heated conversation brought Thud's attention. He couldn't understand a good third of the words being said, but it sounded important!

He listened, piling big servings of hot slop into his mouth.

OOC: Listening into Whisper and Dissent's discussion

IC: Sohnii - interacting with Blink (entrance)

As Sohnii approached the doors of his destination, the school of Corpus, there were two things he had decided.  The first was that he did not enjoy traveling by boat; not one bit.  Although, it might have had a lot to do with the fact that he hadn't wanted to leave in the first place.  The second was that he didn't want to be here any more than when he had stepped foot off his father's island.  Not that he had a choice in the matter... but that didn't mean he had to like it.  On the ship, he hadn't been shy to voice his opinions about coming here... but the beings escorting him had made him realize something.  Not only did openly defying his captors make no logical sense... but from the moment he met him, his Makuta had taught him one thing: that he existed to serve.  And he couldn't do that for Exurtha anymore.  So he would have to serve the Brotherhood, for now.   

Sohnii looked up at the double doors.  There was an unreadable expression in his eye, but his gaze softened when he turned to look at his companion.  His brother, Blink, was with him.  Honestly, it was the one thing allowing Sohnii to keep his composure.  They had been through a lot the past two weeks; during that short time, the only life they had known had changed drastically.  But they had gone through it together, and if Sohnii had anything to say about it, that would never change.  Truthfully, he was worried about what might happen to his brother here, but he would do his best to protect him.

As he opened one of the doors, he spoke.  "After you, blood-brother."  There was no emotion in his voice, but one thing was certain.  There was only one way to go... forward.

• Upvote 2

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

"They'll send whoever disappoints the Brotherhood next," I chuckled, "You see, Icarax isn't here because he's fearsome, or because he's powerful, or because the Brotherhood genuinely thought he could manage this school better than Tridax did. He's here because he humiliated himself and the rest of the Brotherhood by failing to conquer the Southern Continent. This place is his punishment.

I leaned forward a little, "I'm not sure what your Makuta or the staff here might've told you, but there's a war going on beyond these walls, between the Brotherhood of Makuta and the Dark Hunters. It's been raging for a decade now, and neither side is anywhere close to victory. This school is a low priority; the Brotherhood can't spare their best here to babysit us. If we drive Icarax out, whoever they send next will be even more vulnerable than he is. The pressure for them to succeed will be greater... as will the punishment when they fail."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"Perhaps... but wouldn't that also make it easier for us to vilify them?"

"My line has already been drawn. If we do nothing, the Makuta will continue to bully, berate, and belittle our kind. If we take action, if we show them we have thoughts and feelings and motivations of our own, then maybe we can bring about some change. We'll be able to deepen the divides that already exist within the Brotherhood, and while they're busy turning on each other, our kind will be free to choose our own path in this universe." 

"I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to make that happen, but if it comes to that... so be it."

IC: Punishment-Gym

Punishment swung his staff and moved in close. He blocked the scythe, the tip of it's blade stabbing his back. Then he aimed a kick at Draco's thigh.

IC: Revenge and Danger-Gym

Danger turned and looked away from the fight. "I can see why you want me to train. Those guys are tough."

Revenge nodded. "What do you notice about their styles?"

Danger thought for a moment. "The one with the wings seems a lot stronger, he's able to keep the other one on the defensive."

IC: Melody-Refectory

Melody smiled. "We would l-l-love th-that. W-we actually j-just got d-done t-talking w-with s-someone who d-d-doesn't aggree w-with us."

IC: Toxitora Junior-Hallways

"That's a cool name, how long have you been here?" Junior said to Mortisia.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Draco

The kick hits my thigh dead on, and I grunt in pain as I take a step back, wincing. But then, I smile. Even though this wasn't quite the reaction I had anticipated, everything still worked out. I let go one of my hands, adjusting the scythe at the same time so that the inner blade is parallel to Punishment's back. "That's game." I draw back my open hand, clench it into a fist, and thrust it forward straight at Punishment's chest, while at the same time pulling back on the hand holding onto the scythe, with the idea that I would send him back into the blade, creating a deep, deep cut, one that would potentially be fatal to any being that wasn't a Rahkshi.

I slowly move away from Dissent and Whisper, just trying to finish up my task of cleaning so I could go heal and get on to better things.

IC: Carraig

I nod at Danger's comments, before continuing to watch.

IC: Mortsia

I think for a moment. How long had I been here? It's been a while. I think to myself, somewhat amused. A thought comes to me, and I begin to say slowly:

"I have seen the terror and fall

Of those villagers, oh so frightened

Of the beasts who roamed these halls 

Who were fought over until their end.

I have seen the downfall of pride

and the rise of rage and war,

as well those who have defied

and those loyal to their core.

I have seen death and loss,

the rise of the many of one,

the coming of the false gods,

and the cycle once again begun.

My time here cannot be defined

By mere numbers, but events entwined."

I fall silent after this. It's been a while indeed.

Edited by Sassy Dalmation
  • Upvote 1

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

IC: Thud - Interruption

The idiot frowned at the last few sentences, though he didn't hear or understand anything beyond "bully". Whisper seemed thin and weak to him, and he hated bullies. He stood up, splatters of slop still on his chest and arms, and walked up to the pair.

"I don't mean to intra-rupt but....well...I heard that you is being bullied. Who pushing you around?"

OOC: Interacting with Whisper and Dissent

Edited by Dane.

IC - Blink: Interacting with Sohnii

Whereas Sohnii was openly verbal with his options about coming to Corpus Rahkshi, Blink was quietly yearning to return home. Homesick and anxious, he clung to his brother as if his life depended on it. He was hesitant to trust the Brotherhood, yet, here he was; joining an organization ran by them. Bitter that they pried him from the only place he ever knew and thrust him into the unknown... But at least they didn't separate him from Sohnii. He had his precious brother here. They could do this!

The long-boat ride wasn't pleasant. He didn't enjoy the sway of the ship. It was a relief when they finally reached their destination. Blink was sure that his armor looked presentable. Standing in front of the double doors was intimidating. Who knows what lingers on the other side. But he couldn't go back. Giving Sohnii a tiny, appreciative nod, the metallic Rahkshi stepped into the castle-like building; bracing whatever was on the other side.