Gali's Voice Actor

Fry

It changes something! It confuses people, and the stupid thing about it is that it could be completely avoided by saying things like "Trans Gali is my new headcanon" instead of misleading statements like "Trans Gali is now canon".

Lyichir, let me approach this from a different direction. Is it a little extreme for, let us be entirely honest here, a very limited few people to uphold something they deem very personal as (what seems to be described as) "their utmost canon"? Maybe? That's not for yourself or I to decide. It's not. But is it more extreme than holding a canon which, let's be entirely honest here, we know practically NOTHING about to this pristine and unquestionable status? Absolutely not.

It's an emotional push-back from a community that is very often targeted told not only do the way they perceive characters does not exist, but that they themselves do not exist. Do you see why they might take this personally?

Everyone here needs to chill out for a while. Let people see characters how they want to see them.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 12

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

It changes something! It confuses people, and the stupid thing about it is that it could be completely avoided by saying things like "Trans Gali is my new headcanon" instead of misleading statements like "Trans Gali is now canon".

Lyichir, let me approach this from a different direction. Is it a little extreme for, let us be entirely honest here, a very limited few people to uphold something they deem very personal as (what seems to be described as) "their utmost canon"? Maybe? That's not for yourself or I to decide. It's not. But is it more extreme than holding a canon which, let's be entirely honest here, we know practically NOTHING about to this pristine and unquestionable status? Absolutely not.

It's an emotional push-back from a community that is very often targeted told not only do the way they perceive characters does not exist, but that they themselves do not exist.

Everyone here needs to chill out for a while. Let people see characters how they want to see them.

Well Canon my foot... seriously someone shoot my foot with a canon!!! It says "she" when describing her on the web and she is already known to be female, what does the fact that a narrator's voice is not hers have to do with any insinuations that "she" is a "he", and strictly based on that notion alone.

*Yells out: "LoUd!!! nOiSe!!!" lol  :o  :cry:  :ahhh:

• Upvote 1

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

It's an emotional push-back from a community that is very often targeted told not only do the way they perceive characters does not exist, but that they themselves do not exist.

Well Canon my foot... seriously someone shoot my foot with a canon!!! It says "she" when describing her on the web and she is already known to be female, what does the fact that a narrator's voice is not hers have to do with any insinuations that "she" is a "he", and strictly based on that notion alone.

I have already given you a warning for your previous post in this topic. If you continue this, you will be suspended. Makaru is staff and the leader of this forum; you need to listen when he asks for things to stop. Quoting the very post that does this is not the way to go about listening.

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 7

I wouldn't mind if Gali still had that male voice even later on down the story, but would be possible to 'autotune' it to seem more feminine? It would cancled-out the need for more narrators.

Edited by Toa Borox
Political content removed. -B6

I have already given you a warning for your previous post in this topic. If you continue this, you will be suspended. Makaru is staff and the leader of this forum; you need to listen when he asks for things to stop. Quoting the very post that does this is not the way to go about listening.

That was posted before I ever seen that warning, if we are going to be honestly fair about all of this. Besides, I'm just in an overly sarcastic mood right, so I'm sorry if I hit the wrong nerve in some people, I was just try to lighten up the mood, but you can't win them all. I concede to you and the staff, once again. I'll hold my tongue next time, I promise.  -_-

But back to topic, Gali's gender in my mind has always been female, and even if supposedly her voice was "male sounding"  that wouldn't change the fact she is still a female. 

Edited by TrueshadowX01
  • Upvote 1

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

I wouldn't mind if Gali still had that male voice even later on down the story, but would be possible to 'autotune' it to seem more feminine? It would cancled-out the need for more narrators.

I am not sure which invalidates the proposal more.  The fact that you're actually suggesting autotuning the voices to be more feminine or the fact that the color you're using is so bright I had to highlight the text to read it.

I will concede that this might actually work if we do Bionicle: The Musical and get Yeezy to be the producer and have T-Pain do ALL the vocals.

ADDENDUM: If we were to Bionicle:The Musical they would have to also model Gali's mask to have the Hahli handlebar mustache.

Edited by Seth Rollins
  • Upvote 3

You know what they should have done

They should have hired ~me~ to be the narrator

Sounds excellent

That way, this topic could be flipped upside down and everyone will be wondering why the other 5 Toa are female.

Son I don't think you realize what neighborhood you're in.  I don't mean this as a slam, but the usual suspects would be praising Bionicle for being progressive enough to have a predominantly female team.  The other usual supects would spew sexist dialoge until they went so far over the line that staff would have no choice but to finally lay down a fiercely stern verbal warning to knock it off.  They might even give a proto drop if things truly got truly dastardly.  It'd be the same song and dance except you'd be changing a few words around.  Literally nothing would change.

And oh yeah we'd still be having the trans headcanons.

• Upvote 5

I am not sure which invalidates the proposal more.  The fact that you're actually suggesting autotuning the voices to be more feminine or the fact that the color you're using is so bright I had to highlight the text to read it.

I will concede that this might actually work if we do Bionicle: The Musical and get Yeezy to be the producer and have T-Pain do ALL the vocals.

ADDENDUM: If we were to Bionicle:The Musical they would have to also model Gali's mask to have the Hahli handlebar mustache.

It was just a suggestion, no need to be on the defensive. Maybe it was 'stupid' to say autotuned. I'll look for a different word later.

Oh, yeah, gonna keep the color.  :bah-sign:  

Borox I think the word you're looking for is post production, and I would be genuinely shocked if LEGO didn't do any sort of post work on the audio for the trailer.  I mean technically you're asking them to do stuff they're already doing.

Also I want you to know that I am not quoting your post just because your font color is that much of an eye sore.

• Upvote 4

This is very obviously a Thomas the Tank Engine kind of scenario here, but while we're on the subject ...

However you want to take this, it's very clear that Gali is not male. Whether or not the character is transgender is up to the headcanons of the members who hold them, and I—nor anyone else—is in any position to tell them to stop. Media representation is a nasty issue once you're aware of how many issues it has; harmful stereotypes and flat-out erasure abound. It's so normal that I was completely unaware of how bad the situation had gotten until I really began exploring the issue online.

Whether or not Gali is transgender has no basis on her canon gender; she's female either way. Demeaning a headcanon is inherently rude, especially when contextualized by the fact that those who headcanon her that way are doing so because of a huge lack of canon representation throughout our media.

Anyone who dislikes the practice of insisting that headcanons are canon is missing the point of a headcanon, since a headcanon is something that's as good as canon to that person. While stating something not officially canon as canon could conceivably confuse a new member, the chances of that actually happening would be close to impossible even if the practice became far more common than it is now.

• Upvote 7

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

This is very obviously a Thomas the Tank Engine kind of scenario here, but while we're on the subject ...

However you want to take this, it's very clear that Gali is not male. Whether or not the character is transgender is up to the headcanons of the members who hold them, and I—nor anyone else—is in any position to tell them to stop. Media representation is a nasty issue once you're aware of how many issues it has; harmful stereotypes and flat-out erasure abound. It's so normal that I was completely unaware of how bad the situation had gotten until I really began exploring the issue online.

Whether or not Gali is transgender has no basis on her canon gender; she's female either way. Demeaning a headcanon is inherently rude, especially when contextualized by the fact that those who headcanon her that way are doing so because of a huge lack of canon representation throughout our media.

Anyone who dislikes the practice of insisting that headcanons are canon is missing the point of a headcanon, since a headcanon is something that's as good as canon to that person. 

Agree with you so far, ([{the only area that I see as likely to be disputed is a non-issue because it would be a headcanon!}])

...but:

While stating something not officially canon as canon could conceivably confuse a new member, the chances of that actually happening would be close to impossible even if the practice became far more common than it is now.

Depending on how convoluted a series gets...?

Maybe, in future, we try & say "headcanon" instead of "canon", or otherwise have lot's of strongly suggestive that it's personal view or (not what it was in this case! but generally speaking about other potential situations:) a joke. Someone somewhere is gonna not pick up on some hings otherwise which might create a lot of confusion in other situations...

Someone stating that something is their headcanon doesn't really diminish it compared to them saying it's canon: either way it's implied that the person is saying this because they like it very much, except that saying it is canon opens up more ambiguities than "this is as good as canon for me!" or in short "Head-canon'd!" :)

Sure some of us might not see this as likely but do an extra four keystrokes for clarity hurt? I'm not saying make a strict rule or anything... but why be less accurate then one can be when so few strokes might save someone else a lot of confusion who is trying to get into the series..?

& frankly the more people state their headcanon as canon the more the line is blurred, on one hand those that have been around a bit will acquire a feel for how seriously people talk about such things, but for a series that's hoping to bring in more fans all the time...

For the record: I thought it was very clear in this situation that people were referring to their headcanons but... an extra word would have helped avert the "people making this confusing"... *shrugs*

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Anyone who dislikes the practice of insisting that headcanons are canon is missing the point of a headcanon, since a headcanon is something that's as good as canon to that person. 

Agree with you so far, ([{the only area that I see as likely to be disputed is a non-issue because it would be a headcanon!}])

...but:

While stating something not officially canon as canon could conceivably confuse a new member, the chances of that actually happening would be close to impossible even if the practice became far more common than it is now.

Maybe, in future, we try & say "headcanon" instead of "canon", or otherwise have lot's of strongly suggestive that it's personal view or (not what it was in this case! but generally speaking about other potential situations:) a joke. Someone somewhere is gonna not pick up on some hings otherwise which might create a lot of confusion in other situations...

[snip]

For the record: I thought it was very clear in this situation that people were referring to their headcanons but... an extra word would have helped avert the "people making this confusing"... *shrugs*

Again, the practice is not widespread enough for that to even crop up. I acknowledged that it could be an issue, but I was also saying that trying to police such activity now is pointless.

tl;dr Could they? Yes. Will they? I'll eat a hat if it does.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

...but:

[snip]

Again, the practice is not widespread enough for that to even crop up. I acknowledged that it could be an issue, but I was also saying that trying to police such activity now is pointless.

tl;dr Could they? Yes. Will they? I'll eat a hat if it does.

Guys quick be sure to specify between canon and headcanon from now on and demand that we see Sumiki eat his hat live on camera for all of us to watch,

• Upvote 5

Nobody goes around canon discussions treating their own headcanons as law that they expect everyone to know and accept. Being afraid that it'll confuse new people is beyond the realm of reason. It's just not gonna happen. If it somehow does, most people know that Gali is canonically female, and will correct the confusion for anyone who inquires. I have yet to see this sort of hostile reaction to anyone offhandedly calling the characters 'robots', for example. It's a misconception, something ~not canon~ but it doesn't harm you or anyone else, and neither will this if it somehow blows up into a big thing, which it almost 100% certainly will not.

More people have reacted to the trans Gali comment than to the insinuation that she's really a man, which is much more drastic. In either case, everyone knows what she is and isn't. Shutting down someone's comments on a topic whose only purpose is to answer "Gali is a guy. (or at least the voice actor is) Comments?" is self defeating for the topic. Clearly, Gali is not a guy. Clearly, the voice actor is. There's only so many comments we can make about it. Berating members for having a back and forth discussion on the trans comment is just... why? They did nothing wrong. It may have gotten heated because some people take things personally but there were no directly personal insults going around (until a certain point, of course <_< ) and it was and is relevant to the topic. 

All I wanna say is that there's no reason to attack a particular headcanon if you're not gonna attack every headcanon, and apparently, according to the recent canonization debacle, the law of the land is that all headcanons are just as acceptable as old and newly-confirmed-confirmed-by-Greg canon and we should all put up with it equally. And if this isn't really about headcanons all confusing people and causing chaos and being wrong, then... what's the excuse for that response, other than the obvious?  :notsure: 

(We're not even in S&T, this isn't a canon-bound discussion to begin with)

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 4

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

... He just didn't even try...

Umm, yes he did. If he hadn't been trying then his voice would have sounded exactly the same for Gali as for any of the other characters, but instead it was lighter and slightly more melodic (more highs and lows). Just watch Gali's video right after watching Tahu's or Lewa's and you'll (hopefully) notice the change in inflection.

But why try if he's just a narrator?

The same reason he gave different voices to all the other characters? The same reason I always try to give different characters different voices when reading a story out loud to my family? The same reason the narrator in Thomas the Tank Engine has always used different intonations for the different characters? The same reason the narrator of most audiobooks will try to keep the characters' voices distinct?

Being a narrator doesn't mean you don't have any reason to care about making the characters sound different.

• Upvote 3

Trans Gali would be really cool representation on Lego's part, and it would open up the idea that the beings that live on Okoto maybe don't follow the gender binary

Someone seems to be "unintentionally" trolling for another "controversial" thing that no one really cares about. lol Like Lego would put something like that only to risk losing a large part of their marketing segment of traditional families to support some random cause that has nothing to do with selling toys? lol You sir (or madam) are a funny man (or woman). lol (Besides only a troll would attempt to provoke people into responding to something so non sequitur to the actual discussion.)  :huh:

Anyway, enough laughing at idiocy in the making, and look to the real topic in the room. lol First off, I don't even see the point of this discussion... it was painfully obvious that the "one voice actor" was really just the narrator, and second, people act as if they have never heard an narrator tell a story? Come people... I feel sorry for the one's who can't tell the difference between an obvious open book narration, and an actual cartoon with voice actors. (Which I still hope Lego considers doing this and finally replace that awful Chima whatever. lol)

Hahaha, I can't believe how many people actually believed that was Gali's voice... I mean, there are choice words that describe such levels of ignorance or lack of thought, but a big Black Six wrote rulez I can't.  :lol-sign:

Go home kids, I'm pretty sure the mystery is solved.  :headbonk:

Edit: Your post here is entirely disrespectful and uncalled for. You have lost Proto for it.

-Wind-

That's why Lego didn't do that.

Haha, this discussion is so appropriate, because,

Gali is friendly and peaceful. But when the situation calls for it, she can be as fierce as a raging ocean. She finds injustice intolerable and always goes out of her way to help the ones who need it. Gali’s mellow ways have made her the most liked among the heroes. She is generous, a good listener and friend. Only one little thing: she just can’t seem to tell a joke right!

isn't she basically the stereotypical Tumblr user?

Gali might have a deep voice, she might have a high voice, we have no idea. We don't have a voice actor for her, and we haven't heard her speak. We have heard a narrator talk for her, doing a voice the same way I would were I reading this topic out loud to someone. It is not necessarily even an imitation.

Any other discussion seems overkill since we haven't heard any of the characters save the narrator, who is probably a character in his own right.

• Upvote 9

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Gali is friendly and peaceful. But when the situation calls for it, she can be as fierce as a raging ocean. She finds injustice intolerable and always goes out of her way to help the ones who need it. Gali’s mellow ways have made her the most liked among the heroes. She is generous, a good listener and friend. Only one little thing: she just can’t seem to tell a joke right!

Oh, yeah! DEFINITELY!

Trans Gali would be really cool representation on Lego's part, and it would open up the idea that the beings that live on Okoto maybe don't follow the gender binary

Someone seems to be "unintentionally" trolling for another "controversial" thing that no one really cares about. lol Like Lego would put something like that only to risk losing a large part of their marketing segment of traditional families to support some random cause that has nothing to do with selling toys? lol You sir (or madam) are a funny man (or woman). lol (Besides only a troll would attempt to provoke people into responding to something so non sequitur to the actual discussion.)  :huh:

Anyway, enough laughing at idiocy in the making, and look to the real topic in the room. lol First off, I don't even see the point of this discussion... it was painfully obvious that the "one voice actor" was really just the narrator, and second, people act as if they have never heard an narrator tell a story? Come people... I feel sorry for the one's who can't tell the difference between an obvious open book narration, and an actual cartoon with voice actors. (Which I still hope Lego considers doing this and finally replace that awful Chima whatever. lol)

Hahaha, I can't believe how many people actually believed that was Gali's voice... I mean, there are choice words that describe such levels of ignorance or lack of thought, but a big Black Six wrote rulez I can't.  :lol-sign:

Edit: Your post here is entirely disrespectful and uncalled for. You have lost Proto for it.

-Wind-

First, thanks Windrider for calling out that post, I appreciate it

Second, I'm not looking for another 'controversial' thing to talk about, I'm just trying to spark new ideas in the community. Anyways, this has already been dealt with, so I'm not going to do anything further, and I hope that you maybe give a pinch more thought before using sarcasm, it's really hard to convey it in a digital space. If you want to PM or anything, I'd be open for talking :)

On to the real stuff, I think that whether one headcanons a character is their own business not that it's a bad thing, and I love hearing new headcanons, what I'm trying to say is that we can't dictate what one person feels. Unless the headcanon announced puts somebody's identity at risk, it's totally a fine to have one. In addition, while I'm not trans myself, I have some trans friends who love seeing people recognize that transgender is a real thing, and they certainly enjoy a non-intrusive headcanon

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

hmmmm, the topic title is misleading and a little gross, but that's not my subject to deal with. :0

(also the number of people who jump to oppose trans gali but not the statement that she's a man is kinda iffy too. but again, i'm not really staff...)

and that's supposed to mean...?

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

hmmmm, the topic title is misleading and a little gross, but that's not my subject to deal with. :0

(also the number of people who jump to oppose trans gali but not the statement that she's a man is kinda iffy too. but again, i'm not really staff...)

It's means she has basically the same qualities as a Tumblr user these days. 

It's means she has basically the same qualities as a Tumblr user these days. 

and....

• Upvote 2

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'd like to think Gali is a little more sophisticated than some random 20 year old on Tumblr. Also, NO she isn't transgender. Who the heck came up with that in the first place?

I will say this: Being 'voiced' by a male certainly didn't help. Narration or not, it was a weak attempt and the LEGO Group was better off leaving her voiceless or using the guy to explain what she was doing instead of trying to churn out some half baked voice over. It's not like they use a woman for all of their OTHER female characters.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I just want to remind people that this is a discussion on Gali's perceived gender and the voice used for the videos, not about other websites or their users (since many people do use those other websites)

Anyways, like it has been stated earlier, one's headcanon about anything is their own, and we should respect it, regardless of whether it applies to us or not. Don't just lay down your own idea and say that it's the be-all-end-all of canon, but rather open it up for interpretation and discussion

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

-Wind-

First, thanks Windrider for calling out that post, I appreciate it

Second, I'm not looking for another 'controversial' thing to talk about, I'm just trying to spark new ideas in the community. Anyways, this has already been dealt with, so I'm not going to do anything further, and I hope that you maybe give a pinch more thought before using sarcasm, it's really hard to convey it in a digital space. If you want to PM or anything, I'd be open for talking :)

On to the real stuff, I think that whether one headcanons a character is their own business not that it's a bad thing, and I love hearing new headcanons, what I'm trying to say is that we can't dictate what one person feels. Unless the headcanon announced puts somebody's identity at risk, it's totally a fine to have one. In addition, while I'm not trans myself, I have some trans friends who love seeing people recognize that transgender is a real thing, and they certainly enjoy a non-intrusive headcanon

I'm glad you're not looking for trouble. We should all just put our differences aside and be a Bionicle community instead of making topics where a HUGE CONTROVERSY ignites. And people can think what they want, we shouldn't force them to think otherwise, as that would be cruel.

And my thoughts on the Gali video:

I thought it was kind of different that they used the narrator in all the videos, but it makes me feel like the story is more legendary, like a turaga was telling us about the characters. As far as I can tell, Gali has been confirmed to be female, unless confirmed otherwise. The voice actor is male, however.

• Upvote 2

I'm not saying we can't have headcanons. I'm just saying that Gali should have a female voice actor because, you know, she's a woman? Just like the website and video and actual owners of her say she is? Just like she was in the first generation? 

I'm just saying: Gali is a female Toa and she should have a woman actor.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I didn't think I NEEDED to vocally oppose the statement that she's a man. That statement's preposterousness should be obvious to anybody. I think many other people who have joined the conversation since the first few posts probably felt the same way, and chose to ignore that first nonsensical post entirely rather than dignify it with a direct response.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

they should of hire ((tara strong)) who made (bubbles.ppg) (twilight sparkle.mlpfim) & (raven.teentitans).

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

they should of hire ((tara strong)) who made (bubbles.ppg) (twilight sparkle.mlpfim) & (raven.teentitans).

Actually, I thought Kathleen Barr's voice acting for Gali in MoL was was pretty good, and she's just as out there as Tara Strong. In fact, they're both from Toronto, Canada, and she also voiced characters in Power Puff Girls, MLP:FiM, and a great variety of roles in very popular cartoons and anime, not to mention her roles as Roodaka and Gaaki in the third Bionicle movie. I think she's got a really good range and would be a great Gali again if they got her for it, carrying not only the old legacy but also bringing 12 more years of new experience to perfect the right sound for our new Okoto Gali.

Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 4

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I'm not saying we can't have headcanons. I'm just saying that Gali should have a female voice actor because, you know, she's a woman? Just like the website and video and actual owners of her say she is? Just like she was in the first generation? 

I'm just saying: Gali is a female Toa and she should have a woman actor.

gali would still be a woman even if she had a deep voice and was trans. her having a deep voice doesnt take away the fact that she is a woman AT ALL.

Edited by Courtney
  • Upvote 3

bionicle is trans culture

I'd like to think Gali is a little more sophisticated than some random 20 year old on Tumblr. Also, NO she isn't transgender. Who the heck came up with that in the first place?

nah she is. the fact you're getting your mind twisted in a knot because of it is really telling (who came up with "she's cis" anyway? because whoever had that idea totally had a totally original rare idea that speaks to an entire subset of people who are never spoken to ever).

nah she is. the fact you're getting your mind twisted in a knot because of it is really telling (who came up with "she's cis" anyway? because whoever had that idea totally had a totally original rare idea that speaks to an entire subset of people who are never spoken to ever).

Well, in the old BIONICLE, I think she was cis, since she clearly identified as female and I believe that was the sex all Ga-Matoran were assigned when they were first created. But there's no reason to assume that's the case in the new BIONICLE because the only character we know for sure identifies as female is the new version of Gali, and the circumstances of her creation are still entirely unknown.

For all we know, the idea of sex assignment at birth might not even exist in the new BIONICLE, and characters might be free to identify their own gender as soon as they're old enough to understand the concept. In that case, there would be no "transgender" or "cisgender", there would just be "gender".

I suppose that depends in part on whether there are sex differences between male and female BIONICLE characters, since that's usually what sex assignment is based on. And this is the sort of stuff that, absent direct dialogue with a "Word of God" source, will probably ALWAYS be open to interpretation. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that no official BIONICLE media will ever explicitly show or describe a character's genitalia or even allude that they HAVE them.