fishers64

OOC: I'll leave it and say Amayika's either panicked enough to not remember properly or simply misread the Heropedia article on black ops like I did.

OOC: Here's for hoping he never finds out about the assassin's division then.  :evilbiggrin:

• Upvote 2

"He who loves his brother most hits him hardest." -Vicarath.

OOC: I feel like this RPG has been taking on a much more realistic approach in regards to a lot of things. Not all of our characters are purity-pure goody-two-shoes nice guys, for example. They questions orders, make independent choices, are willing to go to more extreme lengths to take down villains, operate without teams, and so on.

As for the villains, a lot of the ones in this game are legitimate murderers and terrorists and career criminals, rather than the comparatively petty crooks who appeared in canon, and the existence of powerful factions with enough firepower to level the entire Hero Factory would definitely necessitate the existence of black ops teams, since fighting them directly has already proven to be disastrous. 

To add to that, the Mr Makuro of this game has already demonstrated that he's a lot more pragmatic than in canon, such as that time he invented a weapon specifically designed to melt organic beings into puddles of goop.

OOC: I agree with this. Mostly because the "petty criminals lockup" thing makes for an excessively boring RPG. The concept for a Hero Factory RPG was originally employed by Observance back on the old forum in 2011, and that concept was a sandbox, wander-around-Makuhero-city-and fight-the-odd-criminal-thing...it just devolved into spam. My feeling is that to have a credible story, you need a villain, and for an RPG, you need several, because the appeal of an HF RPG is playing as the heroes. Although that has its own pitfalls, as we've seen. 

As for pragmatism, that may be my own individual writing style breaking through...it tends to have a pragmatic flavor.  

GM NPC MR. MAKURO/NEX

The Astral took off, heading for Mechna. 

Kaiba Blader would find that his vessel had docked before the larger ship moved, although both might feel pressure changes from the ship's movement. 

GM NPC MED BOTS

The medbots bustled about, working on Jet, Surge, and Night Stalker. 

GM NPC VON NEBULA

The ghost chuckled. "This cell cannot contain me, and you know it, Stormer."

GM NPC STORMER

"But this can," said Stormer with a grin. He walked over to the cell control lever and hit a number of switches. The lasers on the edges of the cell turned inward, and more emitted from the back, forming a hexagonal pattern around the ghost. Then he made a couple of adjustments to the forcefield to the bottom and the top, forcing the ghost to float in the middle or get shredded. "I designed these cells myself, old friend. You can come out when you decide to behave." 

GM IC ??? (MAKUHERO CITY)

Around the lone villain, the fleet dispersed rapidly. These ships didn't want to stay around - that would make them an easy target. Instead, they disappeared off to the far reaches of the galaxy, leaving him alone. 

He couldn't blame them for not wanting to go to his next destination. Indeed, his decision to swing by Makuhero city on the way home might be a risky one, he reflected as he saw the Astral blast away. But he wasn't here to attack as he saw the wreck of the Factory below, merely to reflect.

For one thing, he had not seen this city for a very long time. It had grown up since he had left it. But what drew his attention was the smoking hole in the skyline. Hero Factory. 

He had sought to control it from within. Now it was gone, burned to ashes like so many broken dreams. About to be removed as a force for all time, or incorporated into his grand design. He wasn't sure which eventuality he liked worse. 

But he suspected that, like last time, they would be too stubborn, too rigid, too thoughtless. Unable to even understand the dreams of one of their own. 

But if they didn't this time, they would pay. 

GM IC THE BRAIN MASTER

Back onboard the ship, the two of them sat watching media footage. The brain master was taking notes with a fountain pen. The beast was eating popcorn. 

"Mark my words," the brain master said. "We shall return to home base and make a new invention, you and I. Then we will return to put the lousy Heroes and the conspiracy of nonsense to rest."

The beast nodded. 

The brain master realized he was talking to himself again. 

OOC: I see it less as pragmatism and more he's not exactly thought it through, or considered people might use it as a weapon against creatures other than brains. I mean, he's:

- Made a Hero perpetually covered in slime

- Made the biggest Hero

- Made a Dog Hero

- Decided to stick a bunch of cores in a Hero to see how that went

- Made proto-Heroes with what pretty much amounts to a bomb in their chest

- Made the Organic Death Pancake

- Made a device to turn Hero Factory into Ghost Hero Factory

- Somehow snuck a gigantic air pillow into Hero Factory and had it fully set up either with no one noticing or no one thinking this was strange

So I consider RPG Makuro to be an incredibly eccentric inventor more than someone with a method behind the madness.

~

IC: Eloise Thumper and Mara Quiver - Villain Lockup

"Cool!" Thumper commented upon the lasers. "That ghost is busted, amigos!"

Quiver had meekly stepped away from the control panel at Stormer's approach. She peered at the cell, clutching her rifle.

~

IC: Ken Render - Astral Medbay

Render shrugged at Night Stalker. "Could be worse, I guess. I've seen villains who try to change names without knowin' a lick about spellin'. Or choose names that, frankly, I'd be embarrassed to be puttin' on letters home."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Cell Block.

"Yay, good job." She tried to sound enthusiastic, but Stormer's sudden onset of smugness was spoiling her mood, "So what are we supposed to do with him now?" 

IC: Markus Vex - Ruins.

"And they left without us," he grumbled, "Typical." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - Villain Lockup

"Huh?" She glanced between the Hero and the cell, confused. "He's in the cell. Now he stays in there, like other villains, right?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Evangeline Weaver - Cell Block.

"We can't keep him - or any of the other villains - here on our secret spaceship base forever," she pointed out, "We're going to have to take him somewhere else eventually." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Eloise Thumper - Villain Lockup

"Maybe we can lift the cell? If we move him in the cell then we won't have to get him out!"

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Villain storage

One could almost Gorn's disappointment through his helmet as Stormer altered the cell to properly contain the ghost. It seemed that he wouldn't get to fight them after all. Still, the hero supposed, it was better than the phantom freeing the prisoners. All two of them. Four, if you counted the ones being repaired. Without a word, the knight sheathed his blade and began to walk away. There would be another time. The villains would escape. They always did. It was both Gorn's favorite and least favorite part about his job.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC: Blink - Confused?

Blink huddled behind the other two, gazing in awe at the terrifying apparition before her.

Yup, that was a real witch for sure.

But who in the Galaxy was Focus?!

IC: Cobra Shard - Cell Block

Shard took the Alpha Hero's words to heart and began making a mental list of as many insults as he could think of.

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

IC: Dorothy Quark and Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

Quark harrumphed as the Astral finally took off. She waited an extra few minutes, but the radio silence told her any stragglers who apparently couldn't be bothered heading over would be put to better use guarding the wreckage. Flood was definitely not lazy, but he had mentioned being on a ship, so he must have had his own way off the asteroid.

She climbed into the pilot's seat and closed the door, starting the engines. "Buckle yourselves in. We're heading off."

Gyro carefully manoeuvred his blades out of the way and clicked his seatbelt on. He turned to Scarlet, grinning. "Look on the bright side, Kat. We ain't gonna be on the big ship when Nimrod Nimius wakes up."

Render shrugged at Night Stalker. "Could be worse, I guess. I've seen villains who try to change names without knowin' a lick about spellin'. Or choose names that, frankly, I'd be embarrassed to be puttin' on letters home."

IC: Night Stalker

"What's worse is when they try to over compensate with their names.  They come up with terrifying and horrifyingly long titles which only make you laugh because it belongs to a pickpocket."

Render idly glanced at the work the medbots were doing. "Heh. So, how'd you get so banged up, pardner?"

IC: The Creator - Dropship.

"Do I even want to ask what you've been doing?" He asked as Var clambered aboard, "Or where your ship is?" 

OOC: My computer kicked the bucket. I'll do my best to remain active. 

IC: Ruby

She winced as Splint lifted the piece off, then cringed again at the sight of her legs.

Georje would find that her power was low, but not dangerously so.

IC: Jonathan Splint and NPC Georje - Almost done!

"Relax," Georje said. "We'll get your legs fixed up soon as we're on the ship." He put away his diagnostic tool and went to go help Splint with the last piece of the support beam. Once it was moved, the medbots picked up the stretcher and set it down alongside Ruby.

IC: Var Vicious
"Apparently R4 went on a chase with another ship with my Incursor, and when the earthen shell formed around the asteroid, the ship got pretty badly beaten up. For that matter, I think perhaps it would be best if you went and guarded the ship until I come back to get it..." Var said, the last part directed at R4-V0, whom she glared at, having already taken off her helmet. R4 hesitantly backed up an inch, then turned around and rolled back out of the dropship, hurrying back to the grounded fighter.

"Anyway, I think I've found a new purpose in this strange galaxy... I found a sith droid, or at least the closest thing to it, during the battle. He's one of those 'heroes' you were so interested in... No, wait, you were interested in that old robot guy. How'd that work for you?" She then said to The Creator.

IC: The Creator - Dropship.

"As I explained to Vale earlier, he actually seemed willing to consider my demands," he replied to Var, "Despite his refusal to take responsibility for his actions, and his insistence that he had nothing to do with this mechanical infestation." 

Render idly glanced at the work the medbots were doing. "Heh. So, how'd you get so banged up, pardner?"

"That would be one of you guys with a plasma sword.and another one with a high powered energy rifle.

OOC: My computer kicked the bucket. I'll do my best to remain active. 

She winced as Splint lifted the piece off, then cringed again at the sight of her legs.

Georje would find that her power was low, but not dangerously so.

IC: Jonathan Splint and NPC Georje - Almost done!

"Relax," Georje said. "We'll get your legs fixed up soon as we're on the ship." He put away his diagnostic tool and went to go help Splint with the last piece of the support beam. Once it was moved, the medbots picked up the stretcher and set it down alongside Ruby.

"Thanks." Ruby said, taking care not to look at her mangled legs.

Render finally returned to the search in the drawer, and found what he was looking for: a piece of wire. He straightened it out and stuck it in his mouth thoughtfully. "Plasma sword and energy rifle? Wouldn't have happened to be a space-mod Hero and li'l Mara from the other room, would it?"

IC: Silvia Raine - Following the Call of Profit.

"Hello, can anyone hear me?" she opened up a broadcast on all frequencies, trying to figure out if anyone on the other side of the portal could pick her up... assuming, of course, the other side of the portal lead to something other than utter oblivion. "This is freelance pilot Silvia Raine, attempting to make contact with anyone on Mechna. Do you read me?"

IC: Silvia Raine - Wolf Pup, Former Location Of The Planet Mechna. 

Not getting any response, she had Alpha pump as much extra juice into the comms system as the ship could manage, then repeated her message, hoping someone would be able to read her this time around. 

IC Striker:

The vet paused as he passed vex on the way to the gunship, 

"The next time you consider taking a swing at me with a knife, keep in mind that I will not hesitate to blow your slagging head off."

IC Jade:

"Hurry it up out there, get on, or stay here!"

"Either way, I don't get paid enough..." She added to herself.

IC Kat:

"Wonder how long it'll take him to notice," I said, with a little bit of humor.

IC: Timothy Gyro and Dorothy Quark - Quark Qruiser

Gyro snorted. "He's got his head so far up his own exhaust, I'm surprised he can notice anything."

He grinned then, gesturing with his hands. "Okay, maybe he's gonna see the face stuff when he's smooching at himself in the mirror. But think about it: we ain't never seen him without his cape. He probably never washes it, even. That thing you wrote's pretty much there forever."

Meanwhile, Quark set the ship to follow after the Astral.

Render finally returned to the search in the drawer, and found what he was looking for: a piece of wire. He straightened it out and stuck it in his mouth thoughtfully. "Plasma sword and energy rifle? Wouldn't have happened to be a space-mod Hero and li'l Mara from the other room, would it?"

Night Stalker snorts.  "From what I've seen of her she'd rattle herself apart as soon as she saw me in battle.  Nah, this guy flew.  The other was looked more medieval, 'cept for the plasma sword."

"Ah, prob'ly not Quark then," Render nodded to himself. "And t'be fair on li'l Mara, she's a new rookie. Still growin' into her sensors, as it were."

Render smiled around the wire. "The thing with rookies is, you're gonna wanna look out for 'em in a year or so, if that."

He looked at the medbot's work again. "Yer sensors still disconnected, bucko?"

IC: Timothy Gyro - Quark Qruiser

Gyro noted Scarlet's apparent annoyance as he waited for a laugh or some other reaction to his joke. He asked, "You okay?"

Render smiled around the wire. "The thing with rookies is, you're gonna wanna look out for 'em in a year or so, if that."

He looked at the medbot's work again. "Yer sensors still disconnected, bucko?"

"True.  Furno was like that, right?  No, they're not.  I'd rather wait till the medbots are done."

OOC: Let me know if I'm wrong, but I assume from context Night Stalker meant yes, his sensors are still not connected.

"Just checkin', pardner. Sometimes- not often, mind- th' wires jump back into a socket n' activate again. I made a quick fix for that, but y'can never be too careful, eh?"

"The medbots'll fix up th' sensors once they're done with yer injuries. I ain't no proper medic, so I couldn't keep yer touch sensors as well as th' pain ones. I'm sure you've noticed, pardner." He chewed his wire. "Hope th' others are goin' all right."

"Yeah. Can't speak for Stormer or th' other Hero- Weaver, maybe? Think I've seen her around somewhere- but Ellie n' Mara ain't exactly well-versed in ghost wranglin'."

IC: Wilhelm Gorn- Astral

After finally noticing that his wounds had been leaking an unknown fluid the entire time he had been on the Astral, Gorn began to make his way to the Medbay to receive repairs.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Render paused to ponder this, shifting the wire from one corner of his mouth to the other. Finally, he said, "Reckon there might be. Apparently, there's a whole team dedicated t'fightin' mythical critters, so prob'ly."

OOC: According to HS01 on the Wayback Machine, there is a team that specialises in mythical creatures. It's implied to be relatively new, or have most if not all members that are pretty new.