Okay so, gonna be quick with this because i honestly have no idea what my life is anymore, I just spent over an hour remaking some Galidor figures in CCBS in LDD:

gorm.png

Gorm

jens.png

Jens

ooni.png

Ooni

euripedes.png

Euripides

(heads are placeholders, but i tried to get as close as i could.)

Obviously i'm not quite done, mostly i was looking for the ones that would tranlate easiest first. (and i totally will be making Makarr because i can't not make Makarr now can i?)

also, totally wish i coulda gotten good renders of them but, circumstances have made it so LDD screenshots are what's what currently, sorry!

• Upvote 13

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

While I don't have (and never had) interest in Galidor as a theme and a show, I can easily tell how accurate these are to the actual sets in terms of their general, overall appearances. Given some functionality, I'd buy some of these if they were to be official sets. 

Anyway, nice job on recreating them.

Now these bring back some childhood memories.

The fact that I haven't seen what their actual counterparts look like in so long, and yet see these as very recognisable, is a testament to the level of detail applied during their design. Spectacular job!

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

While I don't have (and never had) interest in Galidor as a theme and a show, I can easily tell how accurate these are to the actual sets in terms of their general, overall appearances. Given some functionality, I'd buy some of these if they were to be official sets. 

Anyway, nice job on recreating them.

Thanks! while i was never aware of nor followed this particular line in its short lifespan, i have heard the common discussion of how it was sort of a wasted potential stunted by its too-specific and not lego-like moulds. so i was thinking "well now we have a simple and versatile system for figure building so, what would they look like?"

Now these bring back some childhood memories.

The fact that I haven't seen what their actual counterparts look like in so long, and yet see these as very recognisable, is a testament to the level of detail applied during their design. Spectacular job!

Good to hear! getting them to resemble the originals was tricky beyond just not having the right character heads. I honestly need to figure out how i can link to the LXF files because some of the weird builds these required aren't quite captured in their fullest here. 0:

Good work! It's hard to really remake a lot of the sets (as unique as they were), but you did a stellar job! In particular, I really like Euripides. To be honest, it's more faithful to the show than Lego's variant...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Good work! It's hard to really remake a lot of the sets (as unique as they were), but you did a stellar job! In particular, I really like Euripides. To be honest, it's more faithful to the show than Lego's variant...

Thanks! i tried. :u

and yeah, Euripides reall ended up fairly nicely, even though he's probably one of the simplest. (i did have to mount the chestplate in a new way to get all the armours to fit though. man, i need to figure out how to host LXF files or something because you miss a lot in just these images. o: )

Galidor 2015 confirmed.

Seriously though—they're all super-recognizable and remarkably set-like. Now I'm actually legitimately interested to see LEGO being back Galidor in CCBS style.

Yeah, that's the idea, plus at least with this system even if people didn't liek it they'd probably make better part-packs. o:

speaking of making a good parts pack:

makarr1.png

Makarr

jawblade head version

standing upright form

something tells me static technic-frame limbs mught have made this more feasible and smoother, but i really wanted it to shift between shark-man and shark-man-bike. y'know?

• Upvote 2

Did you change some dark green to regular green (or "earth green" to "dark green" in official color-speak) on Euripedes?

I'm impressed - these are surprisingly easy to recognize as the old sets. How far do you plan on taking this? As a rare color collector, I tend to think of Galidor in terms of how many rare colors show up in seemingly "useless" parts - there will probably never be CCBS elements in some of the weirder shades of purple there. Gorm looks close enough here, but I can't imagine how Nick Bluetooth or the TDN module might be possible.

That's not a shark-bike, that's Makarr. (Hah, pun!)

Anyways, these depictions are so good that I couldn't help to drop a comment. Although I honestly didn't have a lot of interest into this theme and show, I must commend you for accuracy and detail.

I would actually buy CCBS Makarr to be honest.

• 1 month later...

Did you change some dark green to regular green (or "earth green" to "dark green" in official color-speak) on Euripedes?

I'm impressed - these are surprisingly easy to recognize as the old sets. How far do you plan on taking this? As a rare color collector, I tend to think of Galidor in terms of how many rare colors show up in seemingly "useless" parts - there will probably never be CCBS elements in some of the weirder shades of purple there. Gorm looks close enough here, but I can't imagine how Nick Bluetooth or the TDN module might be possible.

Yep! wanted a mix of greens to make the set feel less bleh. o:

and yeah, the colors have mostly been stuck to to-date colors, that is, a lot of the metallics n whatnot were changed to colors Lego actually uses today. :u

That's not a shark-bike, that's Makarr. (Hah, pun!)

Anyways, these depictions are so good that I couldn't help to drop a comment. Although I honestly didn't have a lot of interest into this theme and show, I must commend you for accuracy and detail.

I would actually buy CCBS Makarr to be honest.

PUNS! but yeah, i've never seen or bought Galidor, i honestly just wanted to do this because it was a theme that was given a bad hand in a bad time in Lego's lifetime and deserved probs a bit better. o:

(i would buy Makarr too, and not just cause i designed it. :u)

What is that head used on Euripidies?

a green aquagon head! u:

I have absolutely no clue what that is.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 8 months later...

These are freaking awesome.  Jens is pretty much perfect.  It would be great to see Nepol, but I don't really see how you could make his head.

~snip~

I honestly need to figure out how i can link to the LXF files because some of the weird builds these required aren't quite captured in their fullest here. 0:

You can actually upload LXF files to brickset (Example here).  I did this pretty regularly back when I uploaded LDD mocs a lot.

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active