Unworthy Toa

They could be called Matoran, since that is technically the name of the species, but that would be confusing and rather silly. Further, "Toa" would also be acceptable, as it's used mostly as an indicator of power level (as well as being a title). In fact, I think that only Lesovikk actually renounced the title "Toa," as Helryx and Tuyet appear to have been called Toa, if not in the "hero" sense.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I always thought that if a Toa breaks the Toa Code, that Toa does not necessarily have to renounce his or her. It's more of a personal thing, at least in my mind.On top of that, it's both a title and a species (Congratulations, your Matoran evolved into a Toa!). Even the self-renounced Toa Lesovikk is still a Toa to me, because he's tall, has a Kanohi, and has an elemental power.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Disgraced Toa, or Ex-Toa I suppose. Although the latter is too close to Exo-Toa to be practically used.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Tall Matoran :PBut Kikanalo humour aside, I think it's up to the Toa in question, if you don't want the title, or don't feel you deserve it, you don't take it. It is the species name, but if you know someone is evil, there's a good chance you'll know their name and call them buy that. If you saw them being evil, but didn't know their name it would be "that rogue Toa", or "the evil Toa."

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

If a Toa breaks the Toa Code, I don't think your biggest problem is what to call them. For example, when Nidhiki went rogue, he became a Dark Hunter, and you would call him that. Toa Lesovikk isn't exactly in the middle of a crowd. We haven't seen Toa Orde or any of the TYQ Toa until now, so you wouldn't refer to him as anything at all. If nobody is around, there is no one to refer to you, and people won't be around because you're cut off from society. That aside, Toa, in addition to being a title for hero, is a reference to a state of being, like human references to "child" or "adult". Thus, the tendency would be to call someone Toa when they are a Toa, and to throw the moral implications of the title out.However, as I've explained above, most Toa that hang around to be referred to do match up to the moral implications of the title in addition to the state of being, which is why the words are synonymous with each other and haven't been divided. If there a large amount of rogue Toa in the near future, I could imagine the Matoran fashioning a word to refer to them.

I think when they're still the same species, it's alright to call them Toa. They'll no longer be referred to as "Brother" or "Sister" as Lhikan pointed out in LoMN, and if they get mutated, then they probably do lose the right to get called Toa, but when they're still in their original form, they're still a Toa. In the same way an evil Turaga will still be a Turaga, evidence being the Toa Metru referring to Dume as Turaga even after he betrayed them.Actually, that doesn't make sense. But my point still stands.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

From what I understand, the actual species is "matoran" and toa are just a form of matoran. Kind of like a catapillar and a butterfly are of the same species but of different forms. Given that, I still imagine that you would call them toa. Toa is what they are, even if you have to use that word somewhat ironically.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Personally, I support the derogatory terms "Toa-villain" and "tall Matoran" as mentioned above. XD I'll have to use those...

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I always thought that if a Toa breaks the Toa Code, that Toa does not necessarily have to renounce his or her. It's more of a personal thing, at least in my mind.On top of that, it's both a title and a species (Congratulations, your Matoran evolved into a Toa!). Even the self-renounced Toa Lesovikk is still a Toa to me, because he's tall, has a Kanohi, and has an elemental power.

Very good point. Also, in Lesovikk's case, I believe he simply dropped the "Toa" in his title and became simply "Lesovikk".

We in our society can use the word "sir" with mock respect, so maybe it's like that

I think this makes a lot of sense. Of course, former Toa like Lesovikk can drop their title if they really want to, but just the title "Toa", minus all the respect such a title normally deserves, would make just as much sense.

What are toa called when they break the toa code and become unworthy to have the title of toa? They still appear to be toa, and can't be called matoran, so what would you call them?

Well, nidhiki became a Dark Hunter, and they called him just Nidhiki. Maybe they just shave off the "Toa" at the beginning?

Very good point. Also, in Lesovikk's case, I believe he simply dropped the "Toa" in his title and became simply "Lesovikk".
Because, in his eyes, he was unworthy of being a Toa. I think he was directly responsible for his Toa Team's destruction. Correct me If I'm wrong.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 3 weeks later...

I was under the impression, like a few others, that the species was still referred to as 'Toa', but instead of referring to them as 'Toa [example]', you would just call them '[example]', dropping the 'Toa'.@BioGio: AFAIK, Helryx is excluded, and Tuyet's betrayal took place before the Toa Code was made official.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I was under the impression, like a few others, that the species was still referred to as 'Toa', but instead of referring to them as 'Toa [example]', you would just call them '[example]', dropping the 'Toa'.@BioGio: AFAIK, Helryx is excluded, and Tuyet's betrayal took place before the Toa Code was made official.

Well, yeah, but Helryx willingly refuses to follow the Toa Code, so she would be most likely understood as a code-violator, etc. Also, I don't know that the Toa Code ever really was totally official.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I was under the impression Helryx kept the Toa title... :confused:When I said 'made official' I pretty much meant it got as official as it was ever going to get to being official, and was accepted by most Toa.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I was under the impression Helryx kept the Toa title... :confused:When I said 'made official' I pretty much meant it got as official as it was ever going to get to being official, and was accepted by most Toa.

Are you certain? I don't recall that the Toa Code was not official before Tuyet's betrayal. :shrugs:-VeOi ThE rAsCaL Edited by VeoiTheRascal
sherlock4.jpeg