Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Taja's jaw clenched at the cruel name, but she kept her face expressionless. She'd had plenty of practice dealing with blustering egos back when she worked in the knowledge towers. The key was flattery and pretend naiveté—play to their sense of superiority and leave them feeling like they'd won the exchange. This Aspect was clearly trying to rile her up, and she wouldn't take the bait.

But even as she tried to shake the insult off, she found herself suddenly unwilling to play the game any longer. The shadows seemed to hum around her, singing strength into her bones. Her heart hammered in her chest, each beat a syllable: I! Am! A! Toa! She wasn't a powerless Matoran any longer, an outsider carefully navigating Ko-Matoran office politics. She was a chosen hero, and she would no longer pretend to be weak when she knew she was strong. Her people needed a warrior, not a timid scholar. She was not weak. She was not frightened. And above all, she was no Piraka.

"It's a poor host who calls their guests such names," Taja said coldly, her weapon still trained on the Rahi-like creature. "Your manners have grown rusty, old one."

 

IC: Oreius | Throne Room, the Coliseum

It was over.

Oreius staggered to his feet, dazed and sore, but unharmed. Everything seemed to have come to a standstill, like time itself had finally wound down. Pridak's broken body lay before his throne. His last words still echoed softly through the air. And Stannis sat next to him, cross-legged, reaching for his mask like he was reaching for a cup of tea. Even this did not surprise the Toa of Fire. Of course the old man had not died. How could such a small thing as gravity stop him?

Oreius reached out for a moment as if to take the mask for himself, but the chains of a promise bound him as securely as any chains of steel or of stone. He was cursed to guard Stannis's secret, and could do nothing, even now, that might rouse suspicion that he was anything more than a Toa of Stone. But perhaps the secret was already out. The others were whispering. Skyra was asking questions—she was good at that, Oreius recalled, like most Le-Toa. Even if he stayed silent, Stannis might have finally revealed more than could be put back in the box.

That left one problem: the empty throne. Who would assume control now that Pridak was dead? The League was always a patchwork army, built of soldiers and warlords from different lands and creeds. The six Barraki had commanded them by virtue of being the strongest, and Pridak had been the strongest of all. Without him, surely the League would dissolve back into its composite factions as each man fought to ascend the empty throne.

Unless someone took control now, while the vacuum of power was still fresh. Oreius's eyes flickered to each of the others in the room. He knew Stannis, Skyra, and Rose, but the others were foreign to him. Any one of them might decide to claim Pridak's crown for themselves, and if they did, it was the Toa of Fire's duty to strike them down in turn. No one could be permitted to lay claim to the City of Legends unless they were of the exiled Matoran race. All others were usurpers, and he would cleanse their blasphemy with righteous fire.

As if in answer to his thoughts, the injured Toa of Plasma stood to his feet and picked up the Barraki's sword. "I couldn't have done this without all of your help, so thank you," he said. "I claim Pridak's sword, his throne, and his ACR- what's left of it, anyway. I'm gonna start making some changes around here..."

Oreius raised his sword in answer. "Who are you, Toa? No League usurper will sit on this throne. Not while I still breathe."

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

 

She slept for a solid ten hours, missing lunch in the process. It was mid-afternoon by the time she awoke. She was well rested, but emotionally drained. Another Matoran dead, and under her watch, no less. This swamp was the absolute worst! How in the world were they supposed to defend against every threat?!

Much like the earlier deaths, this one only pushed her to fight harder, to train as much as possible. The village was up in the trees and made of wood. She should have been able to destroy those mosquitoes with barely a thought, not hours of hiding and sniping.

She got up, grabbed her axe crossbow, and made her way out into the dappled sunlight that managed to get through the canopy up above. The smell of rot was gone and replaced with the sweet scent of the many flowers she had been planting around the village every chance she got.

There was a new sign up on the main platform. It held the names of everyone lost since the village’s creation. Viltia noted with sadness that most of it was left blank, no doubt waiting for further expansion. She read the last couple names, surprised to see two new names, not just the one she knew about from earlier that morning. It was a blow that hit her like a waist high wave in the ocean. Thankfully it wasn’t Sidra, but still. A life was a life. And they were gone now, forever out from under her protection. Viltia supposed that maybe they were someplace safer than here. She hoped so, anyway.

The bodies had already been buried, as any large gathering on the swamp floor was a bad idea, so funerals were out. But before dinner they held a ceremony of remembrance. It was a sad affair, full of grieving friends. Yet seeing all the beings of various species mourning the loss of their fellow villagers filled Viltia with hope for the future and their combined survival. The more everyone cared for everyone else, the harder they would all work together to survive.

Wing, arm in a sling, came over afterwards, explaining the many stories about the night and why they had originally thought only one Matoran had died. She also told about how Sidra had volunteered to help get the giant mosquito bodies away from the village and had been a large part of keeping them safe despite the rotting odor from the bodies calling forth all kinds of scavengers. Viltia was very glad to hear that, but concerned for her friend as well. Viltia had been allowed to sleep, was Sidra doing okay?
 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak

 

Cravious undid his briefcase’s clasps, popping it open to reveal two Heartlights still beating, powered by his own innate Lightning. The Heartlight key to his Debt Collector was also in the briefcase alongside an empty slot in the velvet interior.

I have what is required,” Cravious answered the Aspect, looking down to meet her deep purple eyes as he closed his briefcase once more, “And I have no objections to your goal. But I am no fool. I understand that Aspects require a wish from those they Desecrate. I will not accept your offer until I have heard it and fully understood it to make sure it doesn’t conflict with my interests.

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Karz of a day, right?" As if summoned by Viltia's thought, Sidra languidly sidled by beside her, stifling a yawn as she spoke. "I heard you took out a lot of those bugs." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Oh!” Viltia said, slightly surprised, “I’m glad to see you’re doing well. I guess now you really know how the swamp likes to treat its inhabitants.” Viltia shook her head in disappointment. 

Horrible day indeed… Yeah I took out a lot of them. Thankfully my crossbow is relatively silent and they were… busy fighting others.” Viltia looked in Sidra’s optics, “You seem tired. Do you need to rest?

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"Probably. It's just kind of hard to even think about rest knowing there's giant bloodsucking insects prowling around." 

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

1 hour ago, Eyru said:

But even as she tried to shake the insult off, she found herself suddenly unwilling to play the game any longer. The shadows seemed to hum around her, singing strength into her bones. Her heart hammered in her chest, each beat a syllable: I! Am! A! Toa! 

"It's a poor host who calls their guests such names. Your manners have grown rusty, old one."

As Apex looked towards the desecrated Toa, their weapon still aimed at the ancient aspect, Apex could feel as the shadows seemed to be drawn towards them, endowing the Toa with its potential strength. Noticeably taking a step back from the Toa, Apex's wings began to rise as her tail cowered low beyond her control. Although Apex's beastial face made it hard to determine her expressions, the distinct signs of fear could be seen from the aspect as their mind raced at the situation at hand.

"I don't understand. A sufficient show of force would cower most Rahi. But this Toa, this void-touched being, they don't seemed frightened, if anything, they seemed even more aggressive. I don't understand, was it what I said? No matter, if I am to gain control once more, I must retake my ground. No forsaken Toa nor young shadowling shall command."

Steadying herself, Apex took a single step back towards the Toa, and then another, stepping over and in-between the illuminated strands of moonlight that surrounded them. Soon, Apex was but a bio away from the pair, her full height made known, her wings stretched out and her tail readied behind herself for if the worst may come. With the coolness of the night, and the chiming of the morning birds, Apex spoke to the Toa, "Know this Toa. I do not speak my words to strike your heart with fear or shame. I merely speak of the truths that I knew back in my age before ages now. So cease your aggression, lest you understand why I am the Aspect of the Beast and learn of those who fight alongside me..."

"Your sight must be abandoning you in your age if you've failed to notice what's happening on this island. The skull of a dead god occupies the horizon. The denizens of a new universe are among us. Toa wield the power of light, and two Tahtoraks have walked our shores in less than two weeks..."

As Apex made her reproach, she had barely noticed, let alone registered, the words of Whisper as they spoke to her. But now, with her ferocious display made and her confidence in her display to be sufficient, Apex turned her head towards Whisper. "...And you. You seem to misunderstand. I quite truly mean released. Since my time, I have been trapped, unable to influence the world beyond, and forced to suffer at the hands of the endless depths of the void. I have but only recently borne witness to the way the world has shifted and I myself find it abhorrent."

"Where was my companion Morangad, surely he would be better than I at this."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Eyru @Burnmad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia giggled at that, trying to stop herself. It turned into a full on laugh, though not bubbly with the occasional snort like she normally did. No, this laugh was harsh, born of fear. She didn’t mean to laugh. There was nothing funny about Sidra’s statement. But the giant mosquitoes were nothing compared to what she had seen. Images of two head Muaka, Shallows Cats with glowing nodules killing her friends, a Metru Mantis with a menacing grin killing Skakdi and almost her with little effort, and Evolis Kerhs decimating all he disproved of with barely a twitch filled Viltia’s mind at Sidra’s statement. Life could be much, much worse. Even with all the deaths, they were probably safest here, right where they were on the edge of the marsh and the swamp.

She finally got her laughter under control. “I’m so sorry about that. So very sorry. It’s just. Well, I’ve seen way worse than last night. Way worse. Those beasts were just hungry. Some only followed the others. They didn’t really attack if you remain quiet. I bet if the guards had been allowed to remain quiet, they would have left before morning without injuring anyone.

Viltia shook her head slowly, optics unfocused and staring off into nowhere as the horrors she had seen filled her mind once more. “Although I guess knowing there’s way worse out there isn’t going to help you sleep. Sorry…. Sorry.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler


-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

If Aurax could've rolled his eyes all the way back into his head, he would've. 

He sat down gingerly onto the throne, wincing as he did so. "Who am I? Oh, that's right, Oreius of the Toa Maru, you never got the chance to meet me. I'm Aurax, formerly of the Nynrah Ghosts and then Maru Nui. And the League too, I guess, although it was more a matter of convenience than true loyalty. I know of you. I've seen carvings of you, and League reports of your efforts against them. Very impressive, by the way."

He paused for a moment, taking in the view from the throne. He could get used to this. 

"I really don't want to fight you. Plus I'm not really in good enough shape for fighting right now anyways. The real question you should be asking, Oreius, is that, if I'm such a "League usurper" as you claim, then why would your old pal Stannis... be helping me?"

OOC: @Eyru @EmperorWhenua

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins

Whira smiled. "Ah, you came prepared. Impressive. Very well. The wish that I would ask of you is this: help me desecrate a Nui Jaga. In order to achieve my ultimate goal, there are certain... steps that I need to take. Desecrating one of those scorpion Rahi is one of them. Assist me with this, and then you'll be free to do whatever pleases you in this life. However, if you wish to use both these heartlights you've shown me, and be Desecrated twice... then you'd need to honor a second wish from me."

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"You really know how to improve the mood," Sidra sighed, "I suppose I should just be grateful that we didn't lose too many." 

@Kal the Guardian

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Whisper - Grand Temple Ruins

"You sneak up on us, talk down to us, insult us, then threaten violence... and expect us to lay down our arms?" Whisper sneered, "Save your bluster. We're simply here to explore the ruins. Unless you have some claim over this place, there's no reason we can't be... civil." 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green - Metru-Nui Refugees

Location - Le-Metru Nuva, on the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sidra

 

Viltia winced at Sidra’s comment. She hadn’t meant to laugh. And in the end she hadn’t done much to help comfort her friend. Thankfully Sidra changed the topic.

I agree. Two is two too many, but nothing compared to what it could be. We picked a pretty great spot to settle, considering our surroundings.” Viltia knew it might be rude to ask, but her eagerness to continue forging Kanoka provided a great mental escape. She would ask in a roundabout way, “Should we put off our forging lesson this evening? I don’t want you accidentally hurting yourself due to fatigue.

 

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning - Zakazian

Location - Outside the Ruins of Fire

With - Whira, Zak-Yak

 

Cravious made a show of mulling over the requested wish. He knew immediately that the wish was nothing. A mere trifle that could be completed this very day. But it was best never to play your hand too soon, or reveal that which didn’t need to be revealed. Bartering was all about revealing only pieces of information at the proper time. His face shifted as he worked his jaw in “thought”.

I accept your wish for the first Desecration. And I also want to know your second wish. But first I have another question. Everyone I know or met has powers that are measly or almost nothing. But a few Skakdi I know are a little stronger than most others. How can I make the Kraata I get as strong as possible?

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @Sparticus147

Edited by Kal the Guardian
Accidently posted too early before I added Cravious.

-----------------------------

 

--------- Six Kingdoms: Rebirth Profiles: Saybo, Sorilax, Viltia, Cravious, and Hahvok   ---------

--------- Description of Sorilax's Avagah or Dawnguard, Saybo's Eclipse, and Cravious' Debt Collector and Cube ---------

 

-----------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sidra - Le-Metru Nuva

"If you still want to go ahead, I might just watch," she replied, "Then the worst thing that can happen is me dozing off mid-lesson."

@Kal the Guardian


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Zataka - Aboard the Tactical Panda]:

The Skakdi definitely had gotten the warlord’s attention. Zataka nodded along slowly with Ysocla’s words as well, waiting a second or two after she’d finished to consider her reply. The confident smirk disappeared from her features, replaced by a hard, serious expression. She remembered her arrival in Metru Nui, just days ago. ‘I’m here to help’, she had told them, and meant it. So did Ysocla, as far as her mask was concerned. She had to admit, the Skakdi had her there. She would not slap away a helpful hand. Except there was one thing: Prisoner. She’d figured that was the case - or at least how this Yumiwak regarded her - but everyone had been trying to keep up the veneer of civility to the point nobody had said it out loud. Which made the talk of assistance and allies, however genuine on Ysocla’s part, reek of coercion. To the Skakdi, she was a captive. At least that meant they were done beating around the bush... 

“Very well. All valid points. I appreciate the honesty.”

The warlord let out a deliberate long breath.

“You’re right, I don’t know you. And you don’t know me. You want to know more so you can help me? Then allow me to reintroduce myself: I am Zataka. Warlord Zataka, of the Southern Isles. They're part of the universe that giant cranium on the horizon came from - the head of a god, if you believe in that sort of thing. The rest, including my home, is still in orbit around this planet. Look up at night and you might even spot it with your naked eye. Now I don’t know what their status is, whether or not anything survived up there. There’s no way to tell, but there is a chance that they made it. And as long as my people might still be alive, I have to find a way to get back to them.”

At this point she turned to look at Yumiwak again. “I am sure you can relate, princess.”
She might not have known her much either yet, but whether it was for selfish reasons or more genuine, the Skakdi leader cared for her people as well. The titan focused back on Ysocla.

“The best place to start is to check what's left of the head, to see if anybody else made it out. That’s where I was headed when you found me. That’s still where I’m going. And there’s no putting hold on that.”

She let that last bit hang in the air for a heartbeat. 

“You may think of me as a prisoner, but make no mistake: I am on this ship because I chose to be. Because it presents a chance to help me get to where I need to be sooner. And don’t take this as a threat, but I am also capable of leaving it again at any time.”
”Now, if you truly wish to help me and give me your word, I will honor that and help you in turn. And since my goal is to leave your world again, I can hardly offer you an IOU. So I am willing to work with you, as long as it serves our mutual interests.”

“You know where I stand, the question is: what exactly do you want from me?
 

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

  • Like 2

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Barius - Base of Irnakk's Tooth

Barius cocked his head, weighing the mimic's words carefully. He did not mind the questioning from Corrivalis; familiarity, coupled with the knowledge that the strange being was essentially incapable of rebellion, softened the newly-ascended ruler's perception of his underling. "The settlement is as a fruit tree, Corrivalis. When it bears fruit, we harvest it. If it fails to bear fruit, we prune it. And only if pruning it fails time and again, do we resort to chopping it down for firewood. There is no sense in chopping down a fruit tree before we see if it shall bear fruit." The sinister analogy made clear, he leaned back against the windshield of the Wagon. "Does that answer your question?"

Truthfully, he had made up the reasoning on the spot. He related strongly with the mimic's line of thinking, and he found it quite likely that they would wind up razing the village before long. But between the acquisition of a Tahtorak and the far more pressing threat of the larger settlement to the south - and the great skull it had formed around - they were in no rush, and Barius did not want people thinking of him as weak or indecisive in the meantime.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Conway @Sparticus147

IC: Morangad - Grand Temple Ruins

The lithe and rugged form of an ancient Tiokaha emerged from the foliage to stand beside Apex. "Be calm, all," he spoke, stressing the final word as he directed a rebuking glance at Apex. "There is no reason that we should make enemies of each other before even learning each other's aims."

He stepped forward to greet the beings properly. The other Aspect did not, as far as he could tell, have any hands, so he extended his fist towards Taja in what he recalled to be a common Toa greeting. "I am Morangad, and my companion is called Apex. We, too, have come to investigate this temple."

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Eyru @Nato the Traveler

IC: Ollem - On the Road With Mahrika

Ollem's frown deepened. "What good would it do for you to die? Better that you live to fight another day, as far as I care. I'm sure your tribe would rather you survive long enough to see justice done, than carry the last memories of your people to the grave."

OOC: @Harvali

  • Like 3

Avatar by Brickeens

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary @Toru Nui @Tarn

Mazor nodded. "I've never been more certain." He couldn't think of what else to say. He wanted to try and fix what had happened, but he didn't know what to do. He was thinking about going after the Krom sphere again, but it was a long shot and he didn't want the others to feel like he was going to drag them into it.

  • Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn, somewhere between nowhere and there

The battle Korruhn had left behind while on his trip to the Far Shore resumed its ferocity the moment the bestial form of Axonn had reemerged from the shining pool of Mata Nui's tainted lifesblood. So ferocious, it was, that nobody noticed the sharp crack of thunder, and a jet black finger of lightning reach down from the sky, prodding the protodermis lake before returning from whence it came in the blink of an eye. So ferocious, it was, that nobody saw the single wave on an otherwise settled lake, cast off from the lightning's point of impact, moving hastily toward the base of the fortress. So ferocious, it was, that nobody saw as the black hands from below threw the Toa known as Korruhn back up onto the shore, and retreat back into the lake.

Korruhn gasped, a combined reaction to not only the protodermis in his lungs and flesh, searing and burning every inch of his body inside and out, but to the sudden return to the world of the living, and the strange implications of his visit to Nuju and the... Far Shore. Korruhn had known Nuju rather well back in his days as Cartographer, sometimes even working directly with him to interpret runes, or guide his path. But the last time Korruhn had heard mention of Nuju was a far cry from that. The Cartographer had never forgotten that moment, deep in the heart of the Hideaway of Ko-Metru. He fired the reconstitute disc, with naivety and and without thought, and the Abomination rose from the crumpled carrion on the floor. And in that moment, as it gripped Korruhn's wrist, it spoke to him.

Nuju, no!

Those words were burned into Koruhn's head as deeply as the acid burned into his flesh and armor now.

Korruhn cried out, the agonizing feeling of the vestiges of the toxic protodermis lingered on his flesh even now suddenly reaching the forefront of his conscious thought. His body burned, a deep flame cut through him like no other sensation. Tendrils of smoke rose from the writhing body of the Toa as the protodermis cooled on his flesh, leaving veins of dark gold throughout his form. He rolled desperately in the sand, writhing and screaming, until the sand had finally absorbed the heat and the liquid protodermis.

Now that he could focus on something other than agony (although the pain was still intense, he could a least manage now), the Shadow Toa opened his eyes, hoping to see more familiar surroundings. And he did. The lake was devoid of ghostly silhouettes, the world had color to it. Despite all the pain, Korruhn could at least find momentary comfort in being back here... wherever here was. Was it really comforting? The more he thought of it, the more he reaized he knew about as much of their current location as he did of the Far Shore.

The frame of the Shadow Toa slowly rose from a laying position on the beach. His arms and legs strained with effort; searing pain shot through them with each movement. But slowly, the Toa got to his knees. And that's when he heard the blood-curdling roar.

Looking to his left, outside the walls of the fortress he reemerged in, he could finally see the aggressor they had encountered. He was massive; twice the size of a Toa, with hands the size of speeders, and a massive halberd that looked very familiar with the art of cleaving people in half. And in front of him, were Leklo, Ultan, and Atamai. They needed Korruhn's help.

"GIVE. ME. THE. DISKS." The mutant's angry shouts startled Korruhn, not for their tone, but for the last word. Korruhn's eyes widened. Disks. The Suva. Ruins of Ice. Destiny. Since arriving in this accursed land, Korruhn had begun to question Destiny. Had he failed his? Was Destiny even a real concept, or was the world just unbridled chaos, and destiny a false beacon of hope for those with aspirations for more? But with all of the Karz they had been through in the last weeks, all of the aimless wndering, all of the hopelessness, Korruhn, for the first time, felt in tune with Destiny. He felt the veins of time and path flow through and beyond him, and they would carry him to victory.

The pain seemed miniscule now, in comparison to the power of his newfound purpose. With a final heave, Korruhn rose from his knees to his full height.

It may have been Destiny, it may have been Energized Protodermis; Karz, it could have been a combination of but, but, regardless, Korruhn appeared taller than before, and his musculature slightly expanded. His armor, although marked with the scars of battle before, was now cracked and acid burned, with patches of rust breaking up the remnants of color into small chunks. Veins of dark gold ran throughout his armor and biology, and his shadow arm looked as strong, and armor as angular as ever. The cloak he fell in with seemed to have survived, still covering his frame and obscuring his features, although the white runes had now turned gold as well. He removed the hood, so as not to obscure his vision for the fight.

And his mask? It seemed the Energized Protodermis had not been as kind to his mask, which appeared to have buckled in the acid, and melted to form-fit his face. What once was the mask of a chivalrous knight of old, now appeared to be a funereal effigy. A golden death mask, for a man caught between the world of the living, and the dead.

OOC: Back in the realm, boys. @EmperorWhenua @The Captain @~Xemnas~ @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 3

dssig.png.301aee4dd3d966b1ed8790511b44ef22.png

"One day, we will punish those that harm us by erasing them from our collective memory. Every trace gone. Every connection severed. A stranded death sentence in the shores of eternity. Only then will they know justice, and we peace."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

With water still dripping from his mouth, Waveahk moved to retrieve his sword. "Good question." He glanced suspiciously at Stannis, though that was nothing new, he had been doing that for a while now. "Though to be fair, someone does have to take charge. The League won't magically dissipate without it's figurehead. Besides, isn't there, like, one more Barraki left?"

Oh, this was good. With any luck, they'd start killing each other and make things easier on Achro.

@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@EmperorWhenua@Eyru@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Navu (Metru-Koro)

"Oh. OK. I'll be waiting there, I guess." Navu went to do exactly as Triage suggested.

@Tarn

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Nuva Chamber)

"I dunno, let’s see..." Enra impulsively tried to lift the device from the podium.

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

Gnabol rested his arm on the wall to support his quivering legs. "There’s - there’s a perfectly rational explanation for this. I just... haven't thought of it yet. Where exactly did this all happen?"

@Smudge8@Tarn


Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Oreius | Throne Room, the Coliseum

"You overestimate our friendship," Oreius replied evenly. He took a step closer, sword still extended.

"I saw what the League did on the continents. On the islands. Your hands are stained with Matoran blood. You are not fit to rule."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika started to answer Ollem, but sudden her face shifted, contorting in a strange expression. Finally she swallowed and said, “I … I suppose you are right. W-who knows, maybe there is a way to bring them back. I … I did forget a lot while I was sleeping.

The Ga-Matoran coughed and said, “I think we are getting close.” As she waddled forward her telescopic lens began to search the horizon. Her eyepiece swept into the distance, trying to sift through the lofting sands and the mirages to search for the forgotten waterfall.

But as she searched across the wasteland, her arm reached for her side. She grasped at Vokarda for comfort, as she silently focused her thoughts. Her heartbeat pounding frantically, she felt like an acolyte finding the last temple untouched by Skakdi raids. 

Without a word spoken she thought, “T-Tuakana? You a-are still alive? I-it’s been so long I … I have done little in the last few millennia, but a day or so ago I met a new Matoran, one who used to live in a giant head. The head crashed on the island, it now blots out the sunset. We have unlocked a Suva, and are now searching for other ruins. I … I have not forgotten your goal, I hope to find secrets to help you gain power over time. I … where have you been?” 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Whira: Outside Ruins

"The power I grant you is tied, in a way, to my own. After you're Desecrated, each time I grow stronger, so do you. As for my second wish that I would ask of you... I require a Kanohi Mask. Not just any Kanohi. A specific one. It is called the Kanohi Kraakhan, the Mask of Shadows. I will need you to help me acquire one. I believe that creating one ourselves may be the easiest route to take. If we were to succeed, this would be a grand leap forward for us. Would you be willing to help me with this task after your second Desecration?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC, Aurax: Coliseum

 "Though to be fair, someone does have to take charge. The League won't magically dissipate without it's figurehead. Besides, isn't there, like, one more Barraki left?"

Aurax nodded at Waveahk. "That's right. Luckily, Ehlek's like me- he's a techie. Him and I are kind of alike in that way. I'm pretty sure that I can get him to agree to a peaceful transition of power. He's really more of a scientist than a leader. He might even be happy to get the weight of leadership off his shoulders."

"You overestimate our friendship. I saw what the League did on the continents. On the islands. Your hands are stained with Matoran blood. You are not fit to rule."

Aurax turned back to Oreius and stared him down. He slowly rose out of the throne, though the slowness was more out of pain than for intimidation. He activated his Mask of Charisma. It would take a little more than words to get through to an old warrior set in his ways.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you see me personally kill Matoran? No, I don't think so. If I'm guilty by association though, then so be it. But there's not a single person in this room who doesn't have blood on their hands, least of all you. Matoran died, yes that's true, and it's terrible. But I've seen the League's reports. You yourself killed countless Skakdi, Takeans, and others, all in the name of a society that put Matoran on the very top and all others below them. If you've ever wondered why the war even started, there's your answer. Honestly, you and others fought to prevent the Matoran from falling into the place that they had put other species. You didn't want the tables turned on them. And so you murdered people of other kinds just to keep your own- our own- at the top. Their blood is on your hands, and if anything, the blood of the Matoran is on your hands, too. Who are you to say that I'm not fit to rule? Is anyone even fit to rule, anyways? Pridak wasn't fit to rule, he went nuts and got us all stuck here. Dume wasn't, he helped keep an oppressive society in place. ####, even Mata Nui wasn't- he did nothing when the bloodshed started, not even for the Matoran, who you believe were his "chosen race".'

The Toa of Plasma continued to glare at Oreius. "Oh, and by the way, you should be thanking me. If I didn't come up with this plan, which succeeded, you would've come here by yourself and died. You owe me and my companions here your life. But here you are, claiming I'm not fit to sit my ### on this throne. Clearly, you want things to go back to the way they were, when the Matoran had their soles licked by Vortixx, Steltians, and so many other peoples. What gives you a right to claim that they're lower than you or I?" He gestured to the secretary, Waveahk, and Achro. "I think some of us in this room would disagree with you. The society you worked so hard to maintain, the society you want to put back in place... it failed them. It failed so many others, it failed me. One of their own. Does a society that fails its own people really deserve to exist? People like you, who are afraid of change, wanted to take everything from me. And now you people want to do that again. But this time, you don't know what you want to stop. I'm here to be the strong leader everyone needs. I will form a new Kingdom, a better society, where Matoran and Skakdi and others can walk hand in hand, without fear that they'll be discriminated against or even killed for what they are, without the chance they'll be crushed under the pyramid of heirarchy. I want to give everyone a chance at survival and peace; you want nothing more to take it away from them.

OOC: @Eyru @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuakana | Ash Barrens

As they moved beneath the gray sky, they looked through the eyes of the one they had desecrated. The skeletal trees and ashen ground was replaced by endless blue skies and  golden sand. They turned to the north, continuing their implacable stride. They would find her.

Searching, they replied wordlessly, by way of explanation. We grow closer, little sister. What else have you heard of this fallen head? It may be the key to breaking the cycle.

@Harvali

 

IC: Oreius | Throne Room, the Coliseum

"A pretty speech," Oreius said dismissively, his sword still raised. "But it changes nothing." 

Despite himself, he felt oddly sympathetic to Aurax's point of view. Were any of it true, he might have been able to empathize with the other Toa. But he saw through Aurax's self-deception. All these petty justifications were pathetic lies.

The Matoran had never oppressed other races. Mata Nui had set the universe in order, so they did their best to preserve that divine hierarchy. If only the Barraki had accepted their god-given place in the world, there would have been peace. But they were greedy, hungry for power. They took more than was allotted them. They overreached, and so they had been cut down. But even in their falling, their blasphemy had taken the universe with them.

He steeled himself against any further empathy. He reminded himself that this man was a traitor—a Toa who had taken up arms against his own kind. He had supported an insurrection, and had only turned against Pridak when the warlord was of no further use to him. He was an opportunist. He had said as much himself: he had only fought for the League out of convenience, not out of a sense of loyalty. Of all the Piraka in the world, it was these men Oreius despised the most. They were guided by no principle save their own advancement, so their loyalty could be bought and sold. They were like sticks of bamboo, bending to each change in the wind. They could not be trusted.

Oreius raised his chin. "You are an oathbreaker and a heretic. You have defied the will of the Great Spirit himself. You fought for every side in this war trying to gain an advantage, but all you have done is proven how spineless you are."

He spat at Aurax's feet. "You're a coward, not a king. To even call you a Toa would sully the name. So spare me your delusions of grandeur and step down from that throne."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nixie | Reliable Narrator 

After considering her options -- run away from the shadow monster who would inevitably possess rahi and hunt her down to lecture her to death, try and not get stabbed by the mech-man who obviously carried secrets of his own, or stay and be nice until a good moment to disappear arose -- she decided to make herself useful. Being useful meant she’d probably stay alive longer, and maybe get a little extra protection from the wicked swamp. With a steady hand she set about to document the room at Sorilax’s provocation. There was so much to learn though! She couldn’t help being curious. 

Even after all that happened. If she learned something special, maybe she could impress her friends. Or her teachers, if her teachers still lived after the crash. 

“So what’s a grand wish?” She broached the subject casually while taking a small brush passed her way to the bottom of the suva. As she brushed away the overgrown moss and the pockets of damp soil she noticed a thin gap between the edge of the suva and the floor, as if the suva descended deeper into the floor. Maybe it rolled or turned? She wasn’t entirely sure. After all, a big old plant grew on top of it in a weird twisty shape. 

Now that she thought about it, the plant wasn’t growing normally. Plants normally grew towards the sunlight, but this plant grew in a weird half-moon shape. Did someone manipulate the growing? She knew some bo-matoran enjoyed making plants grow in specific ways by tying weighted rocks to branches. But she didn’t see any rope. Probably didn’t matter, everything in the swamp was weird.

ooc: @Kal the Guardian, @Sparticus147

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC Stannis | In Oreo's Mind

 

It's me.

(I'm sorry.)

Hate me. Loathe me. Fear me.

You owe me no respect; I ask for none. You owe me no loyalty; I'm not even sure which "me" you would be loyal to. 

(Feel Inu I'm sorry.)

I cannot pretend to have any favors to ask of you. I lost that right when I made you what you are. I cannot demand anything of you.

You are correct. Aurax is a thief. A coward. A charlatan.

(I know charlatans.)

But cowards are predictable. Cowards listen. Are cautious. A single misstep and they risk losing everything, and there isn't a place for a coward to run when the world's eyes are on him.

(I know Aurax.)

Our bonds of brotherhood are long severed, your trust in me shattered like glass, and I dare not proffer my wisdom or guidance as a beacon you should follow at all. But hear me, once-brother, and heed me. 

Let him "rule." Let him "sit." It will not be long. 

All charlatans meet their fates eventually. Some only need to perform a single circus act to congeal the audience's approval around their facade of a vision before they fade behind the curtain as well. And they make way for a new tone of performance after. A better one.

Do not trust me. But you know. I know. I see

It is as it should be—for now.

(Once-brother.)

(I'm so sorry.)

 

...

 

Stannis sat, peacefully watching the spar of words replace the rout of blades. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Do yourself a favor, get headphones for the recommended listening.

"Gravity" from the Movie Gravity

 

IC: Ehlek

One of the greatest fundamental realizations of my research is so simple: we are more. We are beyond a physical mass, beyond the wiring and the tissues. Something greater works its will through the frames of our physical connection to a far too subjective reality. What is the soul moving our shell? What makes the skull and fleshy bits move to bring the words out of the air? Is it a ghost? Is it electricity? Is it energy? 

What is it that makes me?

Is it something more than energy? Am I the emergence from physical facilitated variation, forged on the workbench and lifted by the unknowable imaginations of a secretive order who told me to mind my place and follow the path assigned? If one deems fit to affect your form, does that change who you truly are? I do not believe so. Thank you, toa, for giving me the opportunity to pursue this heretical line of thinking twice over: once when my people were “lifted” by Mata-Nui’s order and once more when I breathed air and felt the biting wind upon my eyes. Air breather lungs are weird.

Imagine removing the shell. Imagine living beyond the fleeting joyous moments of a poisoned immortality. My hypothesis is if we remove the physical form, all that is left is the real world. If we strip away the layers, the outer shell, and even the concept of self, we may find a greater sense of purpose and unity. Is this the Unity the matoran spoke of? My vahki armies speak of the three virtues now when they pass each other, full of the memories of their former lives hanging on a chain around their necks. They do not wish to discard the masks of their former selves, and I do not wish to see them suffer at a loss of visual identity. It seems their dogma remains ever present. What is destiny, then? 

I knew my duty upon lifting, and I betrayed my duty to find a better life. 

I knew my unity upon joining the League of Six, and I betrayed my unity to learn a better way.

The vahki still speak of what I don’t know: destiny.

What is destiny? Is it a painting, and all our acts are preordained? Is it a tablet, and we etch our actions into its surface? Perhaps destiny is a trap to explain suffering. 

We are so close to reaching beyond destiny. We are so close to grasping the truth! We tasted freedom, what if we could be free forever? We may even find what life is.

Or we find out what all the skeletons in the closet were wasted on. It’s a gamble, oh Science you fickle fool. There is no server full of graphs and charts capable of describing how much I love your simple process of discovery. And yet I can say it so simply through a mouth made by another.

Mata-Nui did not exist as a true being. He died, and verified my hypothesis that something greater than the physical form existed. Of course, there are always further observations and questions to arise from any collected data. Here we are now: in a land beyond the physical form of a god! I look out my window and see a new subjective reality. Is there someone inside me who feels the same? I imagine them looking out into the vast and unexplored world beyond, a world I live in as I look outside the vast world beyond my own imagining until now. Is that someone looking out of me, or is that entity something entirely different? Am I the same as Mata-Nui, or is Mata-Nui the same as me? Can I, too, be freed and still remain as I am? 

In what form are we free? Is Mantax free? Does his data in my knowledge crystal represent freedom or exile? Have I caused him to be unable to pass into his truth? Now that I have so much of him in such a small space, is it fair to take a little peak? If I peak, maybe he becomes me.

And what if I look in? Is that the trick? Is the tricking looking in? When I look inside I see the data as I’ve with all other subjects: it gets messy. Messy data. Dirty data. We’re disgusting. No, the answer is out. It’s always expanding. We’re always expanding. 

And so I shall expand my research. 

In the week since our expansion into a new realm of possibility, I have worked to funnel as much liquid protodermis fuel as possible through the remaining chute into my laboratory. The structure has been dutifully modified by my vahki, and their greatest remaining hives installed. All that is left is to make my laboratory into a castle in the sky. I have enough for the initial lift, and the rest will be up to my calculations. I will either fly, or I will find out what lies beyond the physical limitations of my own frame. And so I gamble on the hope of broadening the horizons of my research to find the simple truths of life.

Why are we more? 

Who says we are?

Am I you?

As we cast off from the skull of the dead god of our imagined reality, I feel the jolt of initial lift and watch the items on the table of my lab scatter to the wind. Readings escalate, as does the beating of my heartlight. All of this is temporary. All of this is subjective. There could even be more of this living parallel, so close but separated in time! High in the sky I see the island spread out like a map, and I see the light of the sun glinting across the horizon line and the roar of the engine dims at last and an announcement of success reaches me. Beautiful math proves anything is possible once more.

Here just below the highest clouds I can’t help but wonder: is the truth of our existence as fundamental a force as gravity?

 

Or are we even more?

  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC, Aurax and OTIS: Coliseum

Aurax's hands began to heat up in anger. "Spineless? Would a spineless person launch an attack on a ruler they know has lost their way? And I'm a Toa only in terms of species- I've never proclaimed myself as a hero. But if you haven't noticed, Mata Nui is dead. We're standing inside of his severed head. How can I defy the will of a dead being?"

He took a moment to compose himself, and sat down on the throne once more. "I'm not going to leave this throne just because you don't like it. I know most of the people in this room don't trust me, but I think even they would see you killing me as low. I'm trying to make a change here. The least you could do is give me a chance."

Aurax nodded at his ACR. Wordlessly, the now one-armed mech moved in front of his throne, placing itself between Aurax and Oreius.

OOC: @Eyru @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Rose - Pridak's Former Throne Room (Aurax's?)

She was too lightheaded from blood loss to involve herself, instead groaning in displeasure as she sat on her knees listening to Oreius and Aurax go back and forth. Rose thought they'd come all this way to install a new leader in the hopes the Toa of Plasma would make the League more agreeable to the refugees, with Aurax even being willing to work with those who had been in opposition to him not too long ago to take out his former leader. Now it seemed he had really just used her and the others as tools to betray Pridak, and the present arguing showed things had not been agreeable as she hoped. Her fellow soldier and Toa of Fire had missed the memo about the coup, it seemed.

If Oreius would not allow Aurax his victory, his seat at the throne, then perhaps it all had indeed been for nothing.

@Snelly@EmperorWhenua@Toru Nui@~Xemnas~@Kal the Guardian@Eyru

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I wrote this post while listening to Subversive Deed by Audiomachine. I hope that adds something!

IC: Axxon | Ruined Fortress

The hammer hit hard, crunching into Axxon’s shoulder with the percussive sound of metal grating on metal echoing out into the mist of the lake beyond. Axxon screamed as the organics beneath were burned by the flames lit across the hammer’s head. The torched armor took on a soot hue with brightly welded purples, golds, and greens on its outline. The force of the collision lifted the titan into the air, his feet leaving a sandy trail behind. His back hit the ground. Hard. Something inside him twisted viciously, bringing tears to Axxon’s eyes. What happened to him?

Vision doubled, he saw eight toa. Then four. Where were they all?

Axxon rolled backwards over his good shoulder, eyes scanning quickly to catch the toa with twin blades rushing him. The glow in the swords caught Axxon’s attention. Everyone seemed to have some form of burning weapon in this fight except him. His halberd, changed in appearance as it was now, was still just a blade on a stick. Or was it? Without time to look over his new weapon, he didn’t dare risk some horrid thing occurring. Until he could find the time to properly attune his mind to whatever new functions his tool might possess it was, for all intents and purposes, a very pointy blade on a stick.

The dual wielding swordsman fell upon him, blades slashing forward. Axxon raised the haft of his halberd, deflecting clumsily and feeling the burning pain of steel cutting a finger away. Screaming, he reached out with his ruined hand, grabbing the toa by the face in a vice grip. He felt the mask beneath beginning to bend from the force. He smelled the hot blood of his open wound. He lifted the toa up like a toy.

“Get out of my way.” He threw the toa to the wind and watched him sail like a rag doll towards the ruined fortress. The toa punched through the outer concrete walls of the ruined fortress like a bullet, and Axxon watched him crash into the wall beyond with an impact crater. The dust slowly settled in the toa’s wake.

Axxon paused. He never could have done that before. Rising to his feet Axxon looked down at his massive fist. The silver gauntlets were now his hands, and even missing one digit he could still feel their raw strength. He liked this. With this power he could do more than guard a temple. He could maintain order. He could enforce justice. 

“My word is law,” Axxon said loudly. “And you will give me those disks, or you will never speak of them again.”

Again, he rushed Atamai, and this time he closed the gap and brought his weapon down.

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~, @Crimson Jester, @The Captain, @EmperorWhenua

Special thanks to EW for agreeing to have his character "yeeted"

  • Like 2

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taja | Grand Temple Ruins

Tensions were running high. It didn't help when Taja sensed a second being approaching out of the trees. Was this one of the Aspect's minions? She wasn't sure she and Whisper could take the Rahi-like creature together, let alone an even two-on-two fight. But if there was no other option...

"Be calm, all," the stranger said, obviously trying to defuse the situation. "There is no reason that we should make enemies of each other before even learning each other's aims."

He stepped forward, revealing himself to be a Toa-like being, and extended a fist as if in greeting. "I am Morangad, and my companion is called Apex. We, too, have come to investigate this temple."

Taja did not lower her weapon, and did not extend her fist in return. "You'll forgive me if we skip the pleasantries, Morangad. Your companion has given us little reason to trust you."

Edited by Eyru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Cauldron, by Audiomachine

 

IC: Nektann | The Rig

The tsunami arrived before the monster did. The end was destined by the withdrawing of the tide. Waves crashed against the shore, swallowing the beaches and devastating the shantytown built out into the bay. Homes crumpled. Businesses tore themselves apart. Scrupulous vendors found their wares dumped into the bay through opening holes in the floors of their warehouses. Families and friends became isolated, and terror stole away any thoughts of compassion. Like a page being turned in a book, the Rig was lifted off its stilts and folded over itself by the ocean it floated upon. Vile waste and construction materials drifted in the froth battering the rocky shoreline. Boats sailed into the waves, their crews trying to survive the sudden disaster. Some airships took to the sky, pilots screaming out commands above the whipping winds of the rainstorm. 

Then Nektann arrived to bear witness and pass nature's judgement. Nature's wrath was plentiful in the eyes of the beholder. Nektann's dimmest memories of this bay were colored with spite. He remembered their disrespect. He smelled their garbage clogging the once pure waters. They would suffer and learn the truest meanings of loss. They would witness everything they loved destroyed, and then the sea would welcome them home. 

After destroying the coastal settlements scattered around the beach, he waded into the bay itself, body partially submerged in the ocean as he demonstrated the inevitable end of crossing his path. The scraggly palm forests blossoming on the beach's edge floated away in the downpour. ACRs en route to their home base were crushed underfoot. Convoys of escaping skakdi were turned into caviar. 

Nektann ravaged the place. He called on the rain, and it cascaded in blinding sheets to drown those desperately clinging to flotsam. He called on the tide and began to wash all the filth away and out to sea. The blues and greens of the depths bore a torrential majesty, and their force under Nektann's command proved unstoppable. He swatted airships from the sky, sending them careening down to the black cauldron of the bay. Weapons fire barraged his scales to no effect and he felt invincible as the smoke of their impacts cleared. 

The few bravest skakdi tried clinging to the blades on his tail, only to be forcibly submerged and ground into the mud of the ocean floor. The mask of water breathing carved into the waterfall in the far side of the bay bore witness as it had throughout time. Red waves crashed against its stone surface. 

Raising back his head, Nektann roared. Lightning peeled through the sky and the barbs on his spine glittered in the dancing lights. A clap of thunder rolled out to the far hills. He roared until the rain drowned his tears, and the rage burning him alive resolved to find a new place to lay waste. One name continued to arrive in his bestial mind: Miserix.

Who were they? Why did he feel so abandoned?

Nektann, tahtorak of loss, would continue his path of torment until he discovered the answer or found death's release. He knew this single name would eventually be all he could remember, and the rest would be replaced with the sounds of the dying. 

When Nektann finally left and the rains subsided, the Rig no longer existed. Instead, a swollen and battered wound on skakdi culture lingered to warn of the tahtorak's wrath. His wrath turned north and west to the deserts of his past. He would discover his loss.

And the world would suffer in his ruin. 

 

Ooc: mobile post, minimal formatting. If you have a PC in the Rig, now's your chance to describe what they witnessed. @Harvali, @Burnmad: this is the "mask carved in a waterfall" I was talking about. 

  • Like 3

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire


Enra found that the device was bolted to the podium, but that with enough applied force, those anchors would eventually yield as well. The arm the receptacle for the disk was mounted to was adjustable, able to be moved up and down with relative ease, probably to accommodate for the many different sizes of beings that might find themselves in this chamber. 
As Enra worked, the administrator finally spoke up: “Please do not tamper with the device. It is required to proceed further.”

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui


IC [Kunok McGrokk]:


“Well I’ll be…” Kunok muttered, left otherwise speechless by the sight of the Tahtorahk laying waste to the rig, silhouetted against the horizon. A massive shape, hard to discern in the downpour of rain.


The Skakdi trader stood on the roof of his storage building, watching the carnage in the distance unfold with a spyglass fashioned from a telescope. It was fortunate that his shoppe was far enough inland and away from the rig proper to not be in the massive creature’s swath.
He watched until the monstrosity moved off, leaving the settlement in ruin. Then he sent out messenger Rahi birds to some associates he knew to be smart enough to survive. There was salvage that needed claiming.
 

  • Like 1

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Xane - Ruins of Fire

"Oh, right, you're still here," he addressed the direction the Administrator's voice had originated from, "How does this thing work? Do we need to shove a Kanoka in there?" 

@Vezok's Friend @Toru Nui

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

Six Kingdoms Profiles

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 - Po-koro:

This usurper unit appears to have more individualism than usual units. Conversations overheard from civilians prior to impact indicate usurper unit is a ‘squad mother’. More self-awareness than usual usurpers. Reason creators would add more sentience after past attempts is unknown. More analysis required. Emotional reactions also appear to be present. Purpose is unknown. Will need to inquire later.

Organic allies are having extreme emotional reactions to history of kralhi and usurpers. This unit was unaware allies did not know the story. Will need to question allies about the cause of their feelings after they have returned to neutral mental states.

Ally Kanohi’s request is intriguing. This unit does not have desires. Following primary objectives is main goal. Reduction in obstacles to pursuing objectives may be possible.

Allies are also requesting unit input regarding cooperating with usurpers. Usurper unit is not currently displaying hostile intentions, and stated motivations provide a logical explanation for their arrival here. Possibility of usurper unit lying is also likely. Such a misdirection could be used to gain an advantageous position in order to counter numbers disadvantage. Ally Kanohi would be placed in greater danger due to lack of action.

Both scenarios are logically sound. Ability to determine best choice is limited. Past actions by usurpers would suggest hostile intent is more likely. This usurper is different though. They are not entirely hive mind based. Usurper unit likely activated after the Betrayal, therefore was not directly involved with past actions. If usurpers are present in future matoran civilization, present situation is currently best chance for peaceful resolution. Chance of hostile response is greater than zero. Trust is required.

This unit possesses those capabilities.

While allies of various shapes and sizes made their case for peace, the machine’s red gaze never left its original target. Before it was a machine in many ways alike despite their fundamental differences in creation. Two beings built by one matoran for the same purpose of guarding others regardless of their individual methods. Two beings with more individuality than their creators would have probably preferred them to have. Despite those similarities though, there was a history of hostility that could not be ignored, actions that could not be taken back. The mechanical enforcer slowly turned its gaze to Kanohi. Slowly the machine lowered its swords as the red glow of its eyes slowly returned to their normal green.

This unit wishes to perform its duties,” came the usual calm, garbled voice. “No longer being criminalized would assist with that pursuit. That is this unit’s request.” The machine turned back to its fellow automaton before continuing. “Our creator programmed this unit with the capability to trust others. It is unknown if you possess the same ability. For now, this unit will trust you and your fellow units to not take hostile actions against the matoran or this unit. As long as that condition is fulfilled, there is no need for hostile actions.”

The machine gradually climbed off the 4-wheeler and walked towards the vahki, stopping a short distance away.

This unit hopes that this cooperation is not broken by hostile actions by either party. You may call this unit Citizen Pacification Unit K1R1 Kilo-M9. Short form, Kilo. What designation are you known by?”

 

OOC: @Tarn@Harvali@Toru Nui@Snelly

  • Like 4

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9  Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mazor-Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary @Toru Nui @Tarn

"It was a really strange place," Mazor said to Gnabol, "It was a series of tunnels even deeper then the archives. The Walls were covered in Rotting Flesh... I-I think it was his brain."

  • Like 2

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kanohi and “Collector” - Po-Koro

Kanohi let out a sigh, h-hopefully this would be resolvable without violence. “Thank you Kilo for your understanding. W-would y’all like to come into the village now? We probably have a lot to do, and even more to talk about.

He hesitated, and said, “have any of you been to Metru-Koro recently? I heard troubling things last I was there. It wasn’t too long ago, Toa Stannis teleported me here so I didn’t need to walk. It … I am not good at words, well, that’s obvious. It might be better if Vashni read my memories and broadcast it into the rest of you. Oh um, none of you have the mental protection of a Ce-Matoran, right?

I do not,” answered Collector simply, as they eyed Kanohi. The Fe-Matoran seemed a bit agitated about something, was it just his normal anxiety?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn

IC Mahrika - Stone Suva

Mahrika clutched at Vokarda as she thought back, “I do not know much, from what I understand, the head belonged to Mata-Nui, he was a minor spirit for us, but he was the Great Spirit for the Matoran of the head. There was a war, between Matoran and other breeds, which ended when the head was torn off the God’s shoulders. I don’t

Her thoughts were cut off as she suddenly saw a blackness growing before her. The Ga-Matoran refocused her telescopic lens, before squeezing out a simple, “no.

Begoreher she could see a storm, an unnatural tsunami and typhoon localized entirely on the spot she recalled. She could see the land chewed up by the water, eroded into a paste as the rain pounded and deformed the world. The water ripped and tore with a violence beyond any Skakdi raiding party, cleaving the world like it was glass before the scythe. 

And within that maelstrom, was something monstrous. Thick with scales and terrible claws, it looked over the storm as it bellowed, a terrifying visage that sent Vokarda squirming and left Mahrika on her knees. 

Mahrika felt Vokarda embrace her, as she croaked out, “Ollem, d-do you see that thing? The rain has torn the landscape apart, shredded it like it was nothing. A-and inside the storm, there is a m-monster. A massive beast, I don’t remember ever seeing anything like it. The only thing I can think of that is bigger is the head you lived in. It’s … what is that thing?

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru feel free to have Tuakana see Nektann through her eyes. 

  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKR Profiles: Kanohi Collector Mahrika Avatar by @Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Apex (The Grand Temple Ruins)

"You sneak up on us, talk down to us, insult us, then threaten violence... and expect us to lay down our arms? Save your bluster. We're simply here to explore the ruins. Unless you have some claim over this place, there's no reason we can't be... civil." 

"Be calm, all. There is no reason that we should make enemies of each other before even learning each other's aims."

"You'll forgive me if we skip the pleasantries, Morangad. Your companion has given us little reason to trust you."

At that moment, Apex felt like some sort of naughty skaklet who was stuck being talked down too...And Apex did not care for it. Turning an accusatory glance toward Morangad, his implication that this whole affair has been solely Apex's fault, Apex turned away to walk back towards the edge of the clearing. Now having entered the clearing towards the temple ruins, Apex turned back towards the group, locking her gaze with the many-eyed gaze of Whisper. 

"Know this shadowling, I only snuck up upon you because I didn't know what you were. I only spoke to you and referred to you as you appeared to be. If I had implied insults, it was not intended. And that if you had the proper sensibilities, you would have already fled or submitted yourself to me... Now if you want to be..Civil..Taking tighter control of your pack mate might be wise."

With that, Apex left the group and proceeded to climb up and into the Grand Temple Ruins.

OOC: @Burnmad @Eyru @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Drukarus (Irnakk's Tooth)

Sitting upon the old oil drum that was offered to him, Drukarus looked at the festivities as they occurred around him. The clumsy dancing, the disharmonious singing and playing, the hastily cooked rations and game. It was a classic Skakdi celebration, no organization, no sense, a near-certainty of violence being committed on another for some minor and trivial slight. And made Drukarus's old, stone, and cold heart to long for home...But now was not time to grow sentimental.

Surveying the sitting arrangement he was in, Drukarus took note of the make-shift throne that the odd being. Obviously, there was something to this being that warranted such status, what that is though, Drukarus would have to learn later. In addition, Drukarus noticed the other odd being who approached Barius. Listening in, Drukarus heard the sounds of question towards his new warchief..and the surprisingly eloquent response of Barius.

But still, even if the warchief's words were eloquent, Drukarus could still recognize the meaning behind them. All that Barius desired was that he didn't want to destroy whatever settlement they are speaking of just yet. A shame.

Stepping off of his seat, Drukarus made his way to the side of the E. Street Wagon and spoke up towards Warchief Barius. "How eloquent Barius, you certainly have...a way with your fellow warriors. So then...may I request...why? Why have you offered me such a..." Barius looked back towards the rusted drum he was sat upon a second ago, "...Seat of honor by your side?"

OOC: @Burnmad @Conway

IC: Sala (The Air Ruins)

Upon the steps Sala sat, looking out into the vast swamp, his mind still and silent. Although Sala had seen and personally experienced the horrors of the swamp, Sala could still appreciate the beauty of the swamp that he now dwelled within. Truly, Sala could see the beauty that this place could be.

As Sala sat and thought upon the situation that had occurred, Sala thought back upon the words he had spoken to Sorilax and the reaction he had to the whole situation.

Speaking out loud, Sala spoke out quietly to himself, "By Mata-Nui, I really am cross-wired. Why did I blow up like that? Why...why am I in such a rush?" Although Sala spoke out loud to himself, his own internal monologue was where his attention was focused on. "What was that sensation? Why couldn't I speak back? Why am I feeling so cold and dense? Is this the Kraata? Is this the wish?" 

Finishing his internal questioning, Sala stood back up from his spot, and made his way back into the chamber, several minutes having passed without his notice. "So, anything interesting?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ruins of Fire

 

“This device is designed to fit a specific Kanoka disk into the receptacle. Shoving is not required. Please consult the podium to ensure the disk has the required designation.”

 

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler

  • Like 1

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Achro and Waveahk (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

"I, for one, welcome our new Toa overlord." Achro equipped his gun and moved to support OTIS against Oreius. "Besides… we weren’t finished."

Waveahk also turned on Oreius, drawing his revolver and sword, having picked up the latter in the time the others spent arguing. "I'm sorry, but you lost me when you unironically used the word 'heretic'. Killing Aurax might make you feel 'righteous', but it won't solve anything aside from perpetuating a needless war, which doesn't strike me as very 'righteous'."

@~Xemnas~@Eyru@EmperorWhenua@Kal the Guardian@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: NU-8020S (Po-Koro Gates, Vahki Transport, Exterior)

The Vahki also visibly relaxed, removing the Kanoka from her mandibles, and stepping closer to the prototype. "I am NU-8020S. Trust is an unknown variable, but there will be no hostility between us."

She then turned to Kanohi. "It has been scientifically proven that telepathic abilities have no effect on Vahki. Perhaps you could provide this information in a more conventional manner?"

@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Tarn@Snelly

 

IC: Enra (Dead Forest, Ruins of Fire, Nuva Chamber)

"Cheers, magic voice."

Enra turned to Xane, still holding the device. "Can you, uh, write down what it says on the podium? I'd do it meself, but me hands are full."

@Vezok's Friend@Nato the Traveler

 

IC: Gnabol (Metru-Koro, Village Infirmary)

"Show me." Was Gnabol’s only response. "Take to me these tunnels."

@Smudge8@Tarn

  • Like 1

Profile picture done by Onaku.

:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - Metru-Koro (Infirmary)

His...brain? The imagery Mazor had conjured in her mind sounded horrifying.

"Hold on a second," Nale said, raising a hand towards Gnabol. "You want to find this place? Why?"

@Toru Nui@Smudge8

IC: Jutori - Po-Koro

Robot fight averted. Thank you, Kilo.

"I haven't been in Metru-Koro for some time," Jutori replied. "When I and the rest of the company left everything seemed alright..." 

He then tapped the side of his Mahiki, shrugging. "I'm not trained in that sort of thing. My mind is an open book," Jutori said in response to the question about mental protection, before glancing quickly at Vashni. "I tend to keep my thoughts in order as best I can, though, being friends with a Toa of Psionics..."

@Snelly@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Toru Nui

  • Like 1

tourguidesig.png.df8f3a89a9671f725282af20498a926b.png
Six Kingdoms: Rebirth profiles: Nale Rose Jutori Korio Triage
[BZPRPG]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Zak-Yak (The Fire Ruins)

Following the Skakdi and the aspect, Zak-Yak peered cautiously from the doorway of the temple, even though his ethereal nature would have made him all but impossible to see, his cowardice told him otherwise. Listening to the pair converse, Zak-Yak's attention was only really drawn in when he saw the two heartlights within the briefcase the white Skakdi carried.

"Heartlights! Zak-Yak can take to Varian Master for power, yes? Yes, yes we can take those to master. And then we will become more powerful than all! Go, we must claim them, now!"

Moving forwards towards the pair, Zak-Yak eyed the case with as much intent as a Takean does when smelling blood. This was Zak-Yak's moment, this was when he finally wins.

"~AHHHHHHHHHHHH!~" With a sharp and vicious yell, Zak-Yak charged forth, phasing back into reality half a bio away from the two. Reaching forwards, Zak-Yak's great mechanical claw swung forth like the talons of a Kahu, intent on clasping around the briefcase and tearing it from Cravious's hand. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @~Xemnas~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...