Lenny7092

Do all Rahkshi types look the same?

In 2003, all six types of Rahkshi look the same, despite different spines and staffs. Even 2004 comics showed that with more Rahkshi types, However, in 2010, there is the Rahkshi of Heat Vision, who is bulky with Light-resistant armor and the staff that have the same heads as Guurahk’s. This guy is short because it’s the Stars, and his short size isn’t canon. Do the staff heads canonically shaped like Guurahk’s staff heads, is it just that the designers were lazy on making a new design for the staff heads, or is it that the designers try to make the Rahkshi Stars set look strongly like one of the Rahkshi sets in 2003? 

So, are all Rahkshi types look the same? I saw some people did the same 2003 models when they are making MOCs for the 36 other types. Some did differently with the heads, and kept the Rahkshi Stars shape for the Rahkshi of Heat Vision’s staff heads. Has anyone asked Greg Farshtey about this? 

I super wish we could have gotten sets for all other 36 types through the G1 years with the same 2003 build. :(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Normal Rahkshi all look the same except for their colors and spines. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, Lorentz said:

Normal Rahkshi all look the same except for their colors and spines. 

Yes, but what about the staffs? Should the Rahkshi of Heat Vision’s staff have different heads rather than Guurahk’s in the canon?

1 hour ago, Lenny7092 said:

Yes, but what about the staffs? Should the Rahkshi of Heat Vision’s staff have different heads rather than Guurahk’s in the canon?

Staffs are probably all different, although some may look very similar to others.

• Like 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 

Bear in mind that most Rahkshi don't even have staffs. The majority of the wild Rahkshi in canon didn't use tools, they just fought with their claws and their powers.

The first Rahkshi we saw in canon were abnormally strong, and specifically chosen and equipped to take down a team of exceptionally powerful Toa. It makes sense that Makuta would go out of his way to give each of them a special unique staff.

By contrast, the Heat Vision and Quick Healing Rahkshi that fought in the final battle were a mass-produced army. Most likely Makuta just manufactured a bunch of identical staffs to arm them.

Edited by Nato The Whisperer
  • Like 2

LkqTlCk.jpg

BZPRPG Mercenary Organisation - Description - History - Base

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria

I kind of like the idea of the Rahkshi staffs having accents that go along with their Kraata's color scheme (BS01 list), although that's purely personal conjecture. Harking back to your question, there's also some info on the Rahkshi BS01 page (my go-to in lieu of Greg, tbh) about how certain types of Rahkshi don't necessarily need staffs to use their powers, such as heat vision or heat/cold resistance, although staffs increase the power level in general. That said, it makes sense to me that a Heat Vision Rahkshi's staff would be less ornate than a Guurahk's, based on utility. 

16 hours ago, Nato The Whisperer said:

By contrast, the Heat Vision and Quick Healing Rahkshi that fought in the final battle were a mass-produced army. Most likely Makuta just manufactured a bunch of identical staffs to arm them.

This makes the most sense to me, if we're trying to make this fit into the canon. 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

Just for simplicity, I once had a headcanon that there are only six shapes of Rahkshi staffs that each go with seven different powers. Think about how many other pieces get reused in Bionicle. Is there really a canon reason for Lewa, Balta and Sidorak all to have the same shaped blade?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 12/1/2021 at 3:37 PM, Master Inika said:

Just for simplicity, I once had a headcanon that there are only six shapes of Rahkshi staffs that each go with seven different powers. Think about how many other pieces get reused in Bionicle. Is there really a canon reason for Lewa, Balta and Sidorak all to have the same shaped blade?

The last part is just coincidence. It was the set designers’ idea. They also reuse something from the past to make something new. 

I would think that each of six different staff head shapes is for seven of the Kraata powers, too. For example, Guurahk would have the same staff heads as six other types, including the Rahkshi of Heat Vision. Turahk would have the same same staff heads as six other types, like the Rahkshi of Lightning and Chain Lightning (I’m thinking Tahnok-Kal if you get me).

• Like 1

I personally found it interesting that the Turahk's staff still had flame elements as the red set even though the Turahk couldn't be more further from flame powered.

Other than that one, the others could be used for other Rahkshi types as well, I could see that being a thing. :)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

16 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

I personally found it interesting that the Turahk's staff still had flame elements as the red set even though the Turahk couldn't be more further from flame powered.

Other than that one, the others could be used for other Rahkshi types as well, I could see that being a thing. :)

Set designers don't know what the powers are going to be. They just do Red = Fire and don't put any more thought into than that, until 2007 when Red = Squid. 

Also, fire is scary. 

Edited by Lorentz

26 minutes ago, Nato The Whisperer said:

To be fair, there was also 2005 when Red = Lobster. 

I haven't eaten there in years! Thanks for reminding me; I just put in a reservation :)

• Upvote 1