• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1435 replies to this topic

#1361 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2014 - 06:51 PM

You might be thinking of the Robots of Death, RG. 

I can see how you'd arrive at the conclusion that they look similar, but the robots there looked a little more humans in terms of their 'face' compared to this silvery robot, and were a bit more green IIRC. This robot has seemed to have bit of a purple light in its forehead? 

Also, dinosaur in what appears to be London.

Yes I was.

Yes, also, wasn't one of them silvery?

Though I did see the purple light in the photo.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

#1362 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,667 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 20 2014 - 11:51 PM

I'm a terrible person and so when I refreshed the website where I watch Doctor Who dubbed in Russian and saw that they all of a sudden had the first episode of Season 8 on there, which I soon found out was a dub of the leaked episode from like a week or two ago, I cracked under pressure and ended up watching the whole thing.

Capaldi kills it, it's a great episode. A couple really, really great callbacks to earlier episodes, including one of Ten's best. Great stuff, very entertaining. And it looks like it's actually gonna have a nice clear story arc unlike the giant gorilla-sized question mark that was Season 7 :P

Rating: Spoilers/10

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#1363 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,652 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 21 2014 - 06:51 AM

You might be thinking of the Robots of Death, RG. 

I can see how you'd arrive at the conclusion that they look similar, but the robots there looked a little more humans in terms of their 'face' compared to this silvery robot, and were a bit more green IIRC. This robot has seemed to have bit of a purple light in its forehead? 

Also, dinosaur in what appears to be London.

Still I've seen of the purple forehead robots seem to show that purple light is in the shape of a cross, like the 'bots are kitted out to be Crusaders. At a guess those'll be the robots of Sherwood then

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#1364 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 03:34 PM

you know greendude33 on dailymotion? (aka dude with every episode of classic who uploaded) yeah he got shut down.

rip in peace.

now how am i supposed to watch the entirety of classic who over the summer? ;-;

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

#1365 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,061 posts

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 04:01 PM

you know greendude33 on dailymotion? (aka dude with every episode of classic who uploaded) yeah he got shut down.

rip in peace.

I think a good portion of them are on Netflix or you could torrent them. If not that, check your local library to see if they have any of the classic serials on DVD. Or if you really want to just order the DVDs on Amazon but that's the hardest option on your wallet.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#1366 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,667 posts

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 04:26 PM

rip in peace.

I think a good portion of them are on Netflix or you could torrent them. If not that, check your local library to see if they have any of the classic serials on DVD. Or if you really want to just order the DVDs on Amazon but that's the hardest option on your wallet.

Noooooo I was about to watch the Classic series D: I only got a chance to finish the first couple Hartnell stories. Netflix has like, a couple stories from a couple of the classic doctors but they are faaaar from having "a good portion" unfortunately :c I'm sure there are plenty of not very legal ways to find 'em online :P 

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#1367 Offline Elissa

Elissa
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 219 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 04:27 PM

Anyone here in Denmark (Middelfart, specifically) have a way/channel/etc. that I can watch the premier and subsequent episodes? :D

#1368 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2014 - 09:10 PM

rip in peace.

Noooooo I was about to watch the Classic series D: I only got a chance to finish the first couple Hartnell stories. Netflix has like, a couple stories from a couple of the classic doctors but they are faaaar from having "a good portion" unfortunately :c I'm sure there are plenty of not very legal ways to find 'em online :P

Youtube has a bit of the series, really only the first 2 doctors though.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#1369 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2014 - 02:47 AM

rip in peace.

Youtube has a bit of the series, really only the first 2 doctors though.

it also has parts of sixth doctor serials, but i think part 3 of timelash and a part from the doctors is down, and the last 4 parts of Trial arn't there. And Trial of a Timelord is flimed off a TV. No joke.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

#1370 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,667 posts

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 01:04 AM

The Series 8 premiere is gonna be in theaters like the 50th was, so keep an eye out for more news on that if you wanna find out if it'll be in a theater near you ^^

#1371 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,187 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 03:08 AM

Bit redundant really.

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1372 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2014 - 07:25 AM

So, I had this drama course on the weekend. It was taught by this nice but slightly eccentric British bloke. On the second day of the course, he randomly rocked up dressed as a pirate. Anyway, he managed to slip a Doctor Who quote into the lecture, and then immediately pulled out a silver pocket watch to check the time. I, of course, immediately blurted out "Is your Timelord identity sealed in there?!" Everyone stared at me blankly. The guy opens his pocket watch. It's a really fancy thing with a big section that pops up out of the middle and some sort of compassy-looking thing in there along with the actual watch.

I think my actual response was something along the lines of "whoooa... you could fit, like, three Time Lords in there", but I'm absolutely kicking myself for not making a "bigger on the inside" joke.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#1373 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2014 - 09:22 AM

So, I had this drama course on the weekend. It was taught by this nice but slightly eccentric British bloke. On the second day of the course, he randomly rocked up dressed as a pirate. Anyway, he managed to slip a Doctor Who quote into the lecture, and then immediately pulled out a silver pocket watch to check the time. I, of course, immediately blurted out "Is your Timelord identity sealed in there?!" Everyone stared at me blankly. The guy opens his pocket watch. It's a really fancy thing with a big section that pops up out of the middle and some sort of compassy-looking thing in there along with the actual watch.

I think my actual response was something along the lines of "whoooa... you could fit, like, three Time Lords in there", but I'm absolutely kicking myself for not making a "bigger on the inside" joke.

Maybe he was truly was the Doctor for real. o:

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

3DS FC: 2681-0566-5359

#1374 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 3,187 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 12 2014 - 05:27 AM

So it turns out Mr. Capaldi's history with Doctor Who is more deeply-rooted than I was aware.

(Large images!)

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1375 Offline Pulse Trijhak

Pulse Trijhak
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,650 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 03:13 PM

Deep Breath just finished, in the UK at least.

Spoiler

BIOLOGICAL CHRONICLE: 2015

starring

HERO FACTORY CHARACTERISTICS

and

GALIDOR PIECES

with

TONS OF NEW SERIALS AND REVELATIONS

in an

OVERCOMPLICATED ADVENTURE

#1376 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,061 posts

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 03:19 PM

Spoiler

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#1377 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members

• 3,187 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 03:34 PM

Loved every second of it! Was on the edge of my seat!

Spoiler

I'm going to miss him now.

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#1378 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 08:05 PM

...And now RG begins his quest to find a way to watch the episode without BBC America... =P

No really if you know how tell me, my IP changing software is being annoying. =P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk, Aug 23 2014 - 08:06 PM.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#1379 Offline Aiwendil

Aiwendil
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 634 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 09:05 PM

Spoiler

76561198084895102.png

Add me on steam, I don't bite.

probably.

also, if you can see this text, you get a brownie C:

#1380 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 09:10 PM

Spoiler

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#1381 Offline Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,936 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 03:56 AM

First off, WOW. I can't believe this topic has survived for almost 3 years!

Second, my thoughts on the new episode.

It was. . . . . .okay. Certainly miles ahead of the awful christmas special, but definitely far behind the awesome 50th anniversary special. I thought the Villains were cool, but what was up with those cartoon sound effects? They were just so out of place.

I'd say more but I forgot how to spoiler tag.

titanfall.jpg

#1382 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 258 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 11:37 AM

Spoiler

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

#1383 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 248 posts

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 11:42 AM

Spoiler

BIONICLE 2015 CONFIRMED BY

GATANUI!

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

Why not check out my B/S/T topic and see if you have anything I want?:

http://www.bzpower.c...f-a-few-things/

BZPRPG profiles: 

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=726674

#1384 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

• Members
  • Seeker

• 258 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 12:02 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

=)

#1385 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 02:46 PM

Did no one else think that premier was one of the dumbest episodes of the franchise? Just me? Okay.

#1386 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,225 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 03:01 PM

Did no one else think that premier was one of the dumbest episodes of the franchise? Just me? Okay.

Eh, it was okay. The focus seemed to be more on the characters than the plotline, anyway.

Still better than "The Time of The Doctor". That one just seemed like the writers said "Okay, we have a bunch of storylines to resolve. Let's get them all out of the way at once." The whole episode just seemed poorly-written and bad.

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#1387 Offline Toa K

Toa K
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 699 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, the origin of the Silence did not explain why they killed people other than the Doctor or why they wanted to rule the world. But anything is better than Cassandra. Except maybe the pig-people.

#1388 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 248 posts

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 06:41 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

=)
Have you been peeking at those leaked scripts?

GATANUI!

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

BZPRPG profiles: 

#1389 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 09:31 PM

Spoiler

So I got this to work.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#1390 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

• Members
  • Seeker

• 258 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 10:15 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

=)

Scripts? What scripts (and I say this very truthfully)? I haven't read any scripts.

=)

#1391 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 10:52 PM

Oh, I see, another time traveller then?

I really liked Clara's characterisation in this episode. It's the first time in a while she's felt like a real person, rather than a questions and sass dispenser. I love that she doesn't trust the new Doctor, loses her temper and shouts when she's frustrated, cries helplessly when she's scared and had a rubbish first day as a teacher. I really hope this continues throughout the series.

#1392 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 248 posts

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 06:54 AM

I like the new Tardis interior. It's similar to the previous one, which happens to be my favourite of the interiors since Series 1, and also the column is orange! We haven't had a Tardis with a red/orange column yet! 

Also, I predict that Series 8, will be very steampunk. Even just going by the first episode and the title sequence, I can tell that there will be lots of steampunk when there can be. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

=)

Scripts? What scripts (and I say this very truthfully)? I haven't read any scripts.

Hmmmmm... Maybe a future version of yourself will wear a malfunctioning Mohtrek, and so that's how you know...

[Edit] Does anyone know if that first bit should be in spoiler tags?

Edited by Makuta Miras, Aug 26 2014 - 06:56 AM.

GATANUI!

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

BZPRPG profiles: 

#1393 Offline Space: Ocean of Awe

• Members
  • Seeker

• 258 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 12:53 PM

I like the new Tardis interior. It's similar to the previous one, which happens to be my favourite of the interiors since Series 1, and also the column is orange! We haven't had a Tardis with a red/orange column yet! 

Also, I predict that Series 8, will be very steampunk. Even just going by the first episode and the title sequence, I can tell that there will be lots of steampunk when there can be. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

=)

Hmmmmm... Maybe a future version of yourself will wear a malfunctioning Mohtrek, and so that's how you know...

[Edit] Does anyone know if that first bit should be in spoiler tags?

Or perhaps there's a TARDIS involved.

I imagine spoiler tags wouldn't be too important for this. I prefer the previous version of the TARDIS interior; this one looks (to me) a bit tacky. And as for steampunk:

Spoiler

=)

#1394 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 129 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 04:03 AM

Spoiler

Whos to bet that for the Doctor Who 100th Annversairy, Paul McGann would exactly the same.

BJvKYW4.png

̧̨̧̡

#1395 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 28 2014 - 04:26 PM

Spoiler

Whos to bet that for the Doctor Who 100th Annversairy, Paul McGann would exactly the same.

Spoiler

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

#1396 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 486 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2014 - 07:43 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
May I point out that:
Spoiler

-Rahkshi Guurahk

#1397 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2014 - 08:12 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
May I point out that:
Spoiler

Spoiler

#1398 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,547 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 29 2014 - 06:36 PM

Is there a party-blower tongue involved?

...Don't answer that!

#1399 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Toa

• 188 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 09:13 AM

Spoiler

#1400 Offline Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 248 posts

Posted Aug 31 2014 - 09:24 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Makuta Miras, Aug 31 2014 - 09:25 AM.

GATANUI!

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

BZPRPG profiles: 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users