Release Date Announced for LEGO Movie

In case you had not heard, there had been plans for a LEGO movie. Announced last November, the release date for that has been revealed: February 28, 2014. Quite a ways off, but as <a href='http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1223592p1.html' target='offsite'>an article</a> explains, the animation will be done by the esteemed Animal Logic, so the quality will be worthwhile. The article also gives a quick synopsis of the movie.

View the full article

Sounds like they've fleshed out a bit more from a month or so two ago when they were talking about various fairly incompetent Lego characters trying to stop the 'freezing'. That could still play into it, of course, depending on who our 'master builder' hangs out with.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

"It is the story of basically a young man who doesn't have a creative bone in his body and [he] has to always build things from the instructions."

THEY'RE MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT ME!.......In all seriousness, while it's good to see a movie dedicated to a favorite past-time, it doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in watching. 2014 is a bit of a ways off, though, so there's still lots of room for changes.
BZPRPG

Sounds like the movie might be a bit cheesy with that plot, but I won't pass judgement yet. I'm assuming Bionicle probably won't get a cameo in this just because they'll want to stick to the traditional system building styles... although it would be cool if Makuta somehow ended up being the evil baddie or something. :P:music:

Well, Animal logic movies have usually had relatively simple premises when you get down to it and Happy Feet was darn awesome. Hope that's true here. The only thing I think will be a source of bothering is that whatever this guy has to "learn" to build and what we will see is probably stuff we as real builders could do better XDIn any case, if the animation is anything like Happy Feet, it'll be awesome!

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I love the way staff can link to sites with forums/commenting systems.

Me too - I especially enjoy that staff mocked us a year or so ago when they linked to a certain video site on the front page.
We can´t. Just News Reporters can and only for their news stories and only to appropiate sites they have checked before posting. Or would you have preferred it if they hadn´t provided you with the news at all?Freezing? Ogel, anybody? Seriously, if Ogel was behind the freezing, that would be awesome. :P I hope they include many classic characters from old themes just to make it more worthwhile for us TFOLs and AFOLs. :rolleyes: I hope this doesn´t become too cheesy, but we´ll see. There is still plenty of time left.ZOMG news stories work again! Congrats. :D-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

This synopsis sounds epic and perfectly in line with the spirit of the LEGO brand. I hope that it has a diverse range of characters like The Adventures of Clutch Powers so that it can explore multiple "building attitudes" and imaginative styles, but overall it sounds like the writers have a pretty decisive plan for it, and with any luck that will turn into something that LEGO fans and non-fans alike can enjoy.

Me too - I especially enjoy that staff mocked us a year or so ago when they linked to a certain video site on the front page.
We can´t. Just News Reporters can and only for their news stories and only to appropiate sites they have checked before posting. Or would you have preferred it if they hadn´t provided you with the news at all?
Last time I was on that site, it wasn't very appropriate. I don't know, seems kind of hypocritical.

We can´t. Just News Reporters can and only for their news stories and only to appropiate sites they have checked before posting. Or would you have preferred it if they hadn´t provided you with the news at all?
Last time I was on that site, it wasn't very appropriate. I don't know, seems kind of hypocritical.
It doesn't seem hypocritical, it IS hypocritical.

WIP

Last time I was on that site, it wasn't very appropriate.I don't know, seems kind of hypocritical.
As Gata pointed out, a perk of being a News Reporter is that you can do such a thing - but not in any instance. If the administration bequeathed the right to all members, we would have are hands well more than full trying to make sure that a certain site doesn't have any inappropriate-for-BZPower content. News Reporters are trusted that the sites they utilize in their news articles are appropriate.Sometimes I think the members don't realize what work we do to keep the site functioning properly. We have never mocked the members, and while sometimes the policies that we enforce are disliked, they are there for a reason. Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Last time I was on that site, it wasn't very appropriate.I don't know, seems kind of hypocritical.
As Gata pointed out, a perk of being a News Reporter is that you can do such a thing - but not in any instance. If the administration bequeathed the right to all members, we would have are hands well more than full trying to make sure that a certain site doesn't have any inappropriate-for-BZPower content. News Reporters are trusted that the sites they utilize in their news articles are appropriate.Sometimes I think the members don't realize what work we do to keep the site functioning properly. We have never mocked the members, and while sometimes the policies that we enforce are disliked, they are there for a reason.
Okay, it's still hypocritical. If you tell someone not to do something and you do it, you're a hypocrite. I know for a fact that that site isn't BZP-friendly, so I'm not sure why it was allowed.Anyways, I'm not going to be saying anything else about it. I'm not changing your mind, and you're not changing mine. Edited by Bambi

As Gata pointed out, a perk of being a News Reporter is that you can do such a thing - but not in any instance. If the administration bequeathed the right to all members, we would have are hands well more than full trying to make sure that a certain site doesn't have any inappropriate-for-BZPower content. News Reporters are trusted that the sites they utilize in their news articles are appropriate.Sometimes I think the members don't realize what work we do to keep the site functioning properly. We have never mocked the members, and while sometimes the policies that we enforce are disliked, they are there for a reason.
And to add to what Sumiki well said, it´s not even a perk. They are links you, the members, give to the News Reporters for them to post. They don´t post them just for fun or because they feel special for doing something you can´t but to provide you with valuable news. And it´s also not a perk because they can´t do it on the forums just like anyone else.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Wonderful.Another movie aimed at 8 - 12 year old, but they make it for 2 - 5 year old.Always happens....

I can't see anywhere in the article where it remotely suggests that, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're making stuff up. All we have is a brief synopsis, so it's practically impossible to know what direction they're going to take this.Could this go down in history as an epic failure? Quite possibly, but to assume it will do so before we have even seen so much as a trailer is insanely pessimistic.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wonderful.Another movie aimed at 8 - 12 year old, but they make it for 2 - 5 year old.Always happens....

I can't see anywhere in the article where it remotely suggests that, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you're making stuff up. All we have is a brief synopsis, so it's practically impossible to know what direction they're going to take this.Could this go down in history as an epic failure? Quite possibly, but to assume it will do so before we have even seen so much as a trailer is insanely pessimistic.
It's LEGO. The only thing they are good at is making toys. I'm just making a very accurate guess.

WIP

It's LEGO. The only thing they are good at is making toys. I'm just making a very accurate guess.
On the other hand, LEGO knows it´s a very risky project and hasn´t accepted any big screen productions before this one, so that may mean they do even know what they are doing.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I'm interested to see what they'll do with this. I just really hope it's non-canon. :P

What, there is actually a LEGO canon now? :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

It's LEGO. The only thing they are good at is making toys.I'm just making a very accurate guess.
On the other hand, LEGO knows it´s a very risky project and hasn´t accepted any big screen productions before this one, so that may mean they do even know what they are doing.-Gata signoff.jpg
I hope so.

WIP

I'm interested to see what they'll do with this. I just really hope it's non-canon. :P

What, there is actually a LEGO canon now? :P-Gata signoff.jpg
We've all been doing Bionicle for too long...Anyway, to add to recent matters, this concept doesn't sound too bad. And it's just a concept, on paper, two years before the release date. They could change it. Make it more awesome.

It's LEGO. The only thing they are good at is making toys.I'm just making a very accurate guess.
The LEGO Star Wars video games, and some of the other LEGO video games since 2005, have gotten quite good critical reception even outside the LEGO fan community.The LEGO Ninjago graphic novels have been immensely successful in terms of sales, and I assume the sales of the other books aren't too bad either as they continue to publish new ones.The one-hour Ninjago TV special in 2011 was the highest-rated program among boys in its timeslot, and the subsequent Ninjago TV series has continued to get massive viewership-- more people watched it than South Park on Wednesday, March 21, 2012. It "finished as the No. 1 new show among all boy demographics on cable during first quarter this year" (source), has another season still to go, and has been so successful that another LEGO TV series for Cartoon Network is currently in the works.Also from the same source linked above, over a third of its finale audience was over age 11. So your idea that LEGO media will appeal primarily to two-to-five-year-olds is also total bunk.Sounds to me like your assessment that "the only thing they're good at is making toys" should be corrected to "the only things I like are their toys." You might not like TLG's multimedia/marketing side, but evidently there are thousands if not millions of people who would disagree.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Michael Bay intervention because EXPLODING Lego Bricks EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS.

Gah! Michael Bay is the destroyer of movies.Hopefully this movie will have the story strength and character development of Ninjago and not the cheap cliches seen in the BIONICLE films and Clutch Powers.

I'm crossing my fingers for a Michael Bay intervention because EXPLODING Lego Bricks EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS.

Gah! Michael Bay is the destroyer of movies.Hopefully this movie will have the story strength and character development of Ninjago and not the cheap cliches seen in the BIONICLE films and Clutch Powers.
I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sounds of EXPLOSIONS AND ROBOTS AND EXPLOSIONS.

This should be interesting, although I don't think I'll see it. The last LEGO movie I saw was...well, to say the least, disappointing. Not to get down on them, you can't exactly get that much out of an animated movie (with the exception of Pixar), but you get the point. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...