• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BioCraft Chronicles: Minecraft Mata Nui Island Wallpapers

Featured minecraft machinima biocraft the three virtures

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 29-April 09
  • 4,550 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 02:26 PM

For those who don't know, the cast of The Three Virtues, including myself, has been working on a Minecraft machinima based off the first year in BIONICLE called BioCraft Chronicles. We've been working on it for over a year now, and have now entered post production on the movie. We hope to release it very soon.

To film the movie, however, we had to build the entire island of Mata Nui within Minecraft. Each of the Koros, as well as some other iconic elements such as the Nui Rama hive, Mt. Mangaia, the Great Telescope and more were painstakingly recreated as much as the boundaries of Minecraft would let us at the time.

While we do plan to open up the map in a hosted server after the movie is done, we also decided that it was high time to show off our creation, and thus have created high quality wallpapers of several iconic locations. We imported the map into a computer program that used path tracing to render out parts of the map in a higher quality than a normal screenshot would give.

vaOB2.pngtBx4P.pngKRlas.png

kcPou.pngIm7SD.pngq9FmB.png

nGujT.pngDczQK.png3WcMj.png

q6lYl.png

Imgur Gallery | Brickshelf Gallery | iPhone Wallpapers:

The map will be made available for download after the movie is complete

Expect more content soon, including additional wallpapers/renders, banners, iPhone/Android/iPad wallpapers, and much more.

Rotating Banner:

BioCraft.png

[center][url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6110"][b][img=http://pile.randimg.net/0/40/10143/BioCraft.png][/b][/url][/center]

Edited by Black Six, May 20 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Offline Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen

Eljay: Toa of Mangosteen
  • Members
  • Unintentional Instigator

• 01-September 05
  • 3,656 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 02:28 PM

Looks great, Kahi! My personal favorite of these is Ga-Koro! The island also looks great!You should mention how these nearly fried your computer :PPosted Image

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic, Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

#3 Offline Maphrox: Toa of Polygons

Maphrox: Toa of Polygons
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 29-September 08
  • 747 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 02:30 PM

Looks nice indeed. Mind if I ask which program you used for the renders?

I make stuff sometimes.

#4 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 06-March 05
  • 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 02:44 PM

Everything looks spectacular! Can't wait to see the finished product. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/cool.png

#5 Offline toa ordaku

toa ordaku
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 28-October 07
  • 1,221 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 02:57 PM

This is fantastic. Po- and Ta-Koro look simply amazing. I can't wait to see the film!

Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!

Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

#6 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 13-April 06
  • 3,244 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's fantastic.I am PUMPEDEDIT: Do I see some chunk errors on po-koro?

Edited by Summer Don't Know, Jul 25 2012 - 04:49 PM.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#7 Offline Mesonak

Mesonak
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Amazin' Raisin

• 26-November 08
  • 3,835 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 06:19 PM

Glad to finally release this to the public, and that people seem to be enjoying it. I personally love these; my favorite would have to be Ga-Koro. It looks quite amazing.Really appreciate all the work you did for this, Kahi.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

Posted Image

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#8 Online Landes'Rehn

Landes'Rehn
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Overloaded

• 02-January 12
  • 4,436 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2012 - 11:33 AM

When the map is released... BZPRPG Minecraft anyone?Anyway, nice job on... Minecraftinizing(?) Mata Nui! I can't wait to see the movie! =D

#9 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 29-April 09
  • 4,550 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 02:49 AM

New rotating banner:

Posted Image

[center][url="http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6110"][b][img]http://pile.randimg.net/0/40/10143/BioCraft.png[/img][/b][/url][/center]

Edited by Kahinuva, Jul 27 2012 - 02:50 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Offline Trad

Trad
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 20-March 10
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 06:50 AM

This is magnificent. Really magnificent. Any chance of the map for single player?

"Wer Traumt?"

#11 Offline Illustrious Var

Illustrious Var
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 26-September 06
  • 1,317 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 08:06 AM

This is magnificent. Really magnificent. Any chance of the map for single player?

Yep, we will be releasing a single player map as well as an adventure map with it's own story once the movie's been released :)

Posted Image

#12 Offline Jovan2

Jovan2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 07-June 08
  • 258 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 08:29 AM

This is simply beautiful. So much detail... even the cartography is a masterpeice.

#13 Online Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 25-May 09
  • 1,948 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 11:50 AM

Wow, I had no idea you guys built all of Mata Nui, that just looks awesome. I can't wait to see the movie and explore the map! The Mata Nui Island is my new iPod wallpaper. :D

~click.gif

tohu_head_by_0nuku-d88efx4.jpg

Thanks for voting Tohu 2015, winner of GAC #21, A Picture is Worth a Thousand Likes!

Rahkshi Corpus Profiles BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

Latest Blog Entry: Art to MOC Contest!

#14 Offline Ddude

Ddude
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-August 10
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 06:40 PM

This is...wow.Will a download of the map ever be made available?

#15 Offline Mesonak

Mesonak
  • Premier Member
  • The Amazin' Raisin

• 26-November 08
  • 3,835 posts

Posted Jul 27 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yeah. As has been said, after the movie's release, we're going to put up a server for one month to let people tour the island and check out all the sights, and maybe have some other things going on. After that runs for a few weeks, though, we're going to release the map for download to the public.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

Posted Image

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

#16 Offline Ddude

Ddude
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 16-August 10
  • 511 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2012 - 12:13 AM

Yeah. As has been said, after the movie's release, we're going to put up a server for one month to let people tour the island and check out all the sights, and maybe have some other things going on. After that runs for a few weeks, though, we're going to release the map for download to the public.-Mesonak

Words do not describe my elation.

#17 Offline Toa Faybos

Toa Faybos
  • Members
  • Toa

• 07-July 08
  • 170 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2012 - 03:15 PM

Psyched for the movie! I hope everything works out just fine.I will patiently wait for when that map goes public. Been meaning to give my new Toa Faybos skin a try.

#18 Offline -TD-

-TD-
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 19-July 06
  • 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2012 - 11:28 PM

Just came across this, and the world looks AMAZING. Lots of great work was put into this! The movie should be great too! Can;t wait till we can all try it out ;)

- Tanma Dude

#19 Offline Toa Obsidious

Toa Obsidious
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 23-June 12
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2012 - 09:07 AM

This is going to be HUGE the best combination sinse the Tuna Mayonaisse sandwich

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

#20 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 09-July 10
  • 592 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 03 2012 - 10:29 PM

Whoa. You must have put a lot of work on this. Byte, you should remove one layer on the kaukau waterfall's top.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk, Aug 04 2012 - 04:21 PM.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

#21 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,081 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 04 2012 - 11:41 PM

Well, I am glad I decided to peek into GA. This is some really spectacular work you guys have done here - the level of detail is amazing, and like everyone else I can't wait to get a chance to explore it myself.

#22 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 30-August 10
  • 507 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 06 2012 - 07:29 PM

Alright, this is one of the few BIONICLE projects I am keeping my eyes on. It looks fantastic, the island looks professionally created, as do the Koros. I would be even more excited about this if I had Minecraft.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#23 Offline fauxname

fauxname
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-May 12
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 07 2012 - 09:05 PM

Wow, this is amazing! I especially like Le and Onu-Koro. I would never be able to make anything even close to this. (Because I don't have the dedication, and I only have the mobile version of Minecraft. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/tounge2.gif)

I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.

#24 Offline Ultimate StarsSaberBee 823

Ultimate StarsSaberBee 823
  • Members
  • Toa

• 04-January 10
  • 183 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 08 2012 - 08:58 AM

Impressive it looks awesome, I can't imagine how long it took to make some of that necause of how detailes it is! So after you guys make the movie and finish the island, are ya'll going to make Metru Nui :P?

Edited by Ultimate StarsSaberBee 823, Aug 09 2012 - 08:37 AM.

Percussion is love. 

#25 Offline ZOMBI3S

ZOMBI3S
  • Members
  • Toa

• 09-February 08
  • 132 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2012 - 02:31 PM

This is sweet! Can't wait to explore the island once the map is released!

#26 Offline Darkotter_of_Equestria

Darkotter_of_Equestria
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 19-June 08
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2012 - 04:37 PM

Looks nice indeed. Mind if I ask which program you used for the renders?

I believe they are actual minecraft screenshots using the GLSL shader moderator with Sonic's Unbelievable Shaders configuration.

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

#27 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-June 04
  • 3,197 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2012 - 04:21 PM

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.... I'll tell you that!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#28 Offline SirFrancisBacon2nd

SirFrancisBacon2nd
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 11-August 12
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 03:56 PM

This is so impressive! I can't wait to see the final product in action!
Posted Image

#29 Offline Trad

Trad
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 20-March 10
  • 356 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 02:49 AM

So, are we able to access Makuta's lair?

Edited by TradTheMentalist, Aug 15 2012 - 02:50 AM.

"Wer Traumt?"

#30 Offline Willess12

Willess12
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 07-January 12
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 08:34 AM

I was considering making something like this, but now it looks like I won't need to. Will the server be accesible if you can only play the game offline?

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

#31 Offline Zidonaro

Zidonaro
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 10-August 07
  • 779 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 06:09 PM

Awesome! probably going to use the Le-koro one ! :)Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ta-koro inside the volcano ? :dozingoff:

*Old HoloTheWise*

tumblr_nbtjft6Jfp1qm9p5uo1_500.png

#32 Offline Tenebrae Invictus

Tenebrae Invictus
  • Premier Member
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 04-September 04
  • 6,999 posts

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 07:09 PM

So, are we able to access Makuta's lair?

Yes.

I was considering making something like this, but now it looks like I won't need to. Will the server be accesible if you can only play the game offline?

No. There's still the offline map though.

9092_s.gif

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

#33 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 29-April 09
  • 4,550 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2012 - 07:28 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ta-koro inside the volcano ? :dozingoff:

If I'm not mistaken, Ta-Koro is surrounded and built on lava and it does have mountain-like stone walls around it, but it is not an actual volcano. The one you're probably thinking of is Mt. Mangaia, which is a different location in and of itself.

Posted Image

#34 Offline Zidonaro

Zidonaro
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 10-August 07
  • 779 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2012 - 11:25 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Ta-koro inside the volcano ? :dozingoff:

If I'm not mistaken, Ta-Koro is surrounded and built on lava and it does have mountain-like stone walls around it, but it is not an actual volcano. The one you're probably thinking of is Mt. Mangaia, which is a different location in and of itself.

I always thought that it was inside Mt. Mangaia :huh:

*Old HoloTheWise*

tumblr_nbtjft6Jfp1qm9p5uo1_500.png

#35 Offline Sir Jalokim

Sir Jalokim
  • Members
  • Toa

• 31-August 10
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 20 2012 - 08:51 AM

wow, the island is my favorite, mostly because its the first one I ever saw accomplished. le-koro also looks pretty cool. props to you!

Need a voice over done? PM me or reach me at mikolajdudek@gmail.com!

#36 Offline .:Yio:.

.:Yio:.
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 05-July 07
  • 649 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 02:51 AM

This is simply amazing. Really it is. I can't wait until you release the maps! Also I noticed that Le-Koro isn't using the jungle textured trees. Did you make it before the that update came out? It'd be cool if you could convert the trees to that texture :P if not thats cool.ALso I was thinking, there is a moderator so you can put your own NPCs. TechniPack I think? I might be wrong with the name. Anywho, it would be awesome if you could use that so that we could have actual Matoran and Turaga!

ViSa1Uz.jpg

As infrequent as I post, I will always continue to be a BIONICLE fan

#37 Offline The Iron Toa

The Iron Toa
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Submerged!

• 05-November 09
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 08:21 AM

Wow. I've never played MineCraft, never really been interested in it. But this... this would be awesome to explore. Is it to scale?

Edited by The Iron Toa, Aug 23 2012 - 08:22 AM.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

#38 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 29-April 09
  • 4,550 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 08:40 AM

This is simply amazing. Really it is. I can't wait until you release the maps! Also I noticed that Le-Koro isn't using the jungle textured trees. Did you make it before the that update came out? It'd be cool if you could convert the trees to that texture :P if not thats cool.ALso I was thinking, there is a moderator so you can put your own NPCs. TechniPack I think? I might be wrong with the name. Anywho, it would be awesome if you could use that so that we could have actual Matoran and Turaga!

We made the actual Koros separate by themselves before compiling them all onto the map when we first started filming, which was last year, so yes, the Jungle biome was not implemented ingame at that time. We might be changing the biome data for that area for the server, but that really just depends on Var because he has the actual map data while I just have a copy of it for rendering purposes.The NPC idea has been bounced around here and again. I can't confirm anything about them, though. At this point, we're more focused on editing/post-production than the actual server map to be quite honest. Once we're done with that, then we can focus more about what we're going to have in the server. But the wait shouldn't (hopefully) take too long so don't worry.

Wow. I've never played MineCraft, never really been interested in it. But this... this would be awesome to explore. Is it to scale?

I wouldn't say it's exactly to scale, no; BIONICLE was never that exact when it came to measurements. However, it is really, really big, if that's what you're wondering. Having never been on the island of Mata Nui myself, I can't say much on the ratio, but you should have plenty of time to explore as well as participate in the adventure events we'll be hosting on the server once that is up and running.Thanks for the feedback, everyone. There should be a new wallpaper up soon, and iPhone/Android wallpapers are done and should be up in short while.

Posted Image

#39 Offline Illustrious Var

Illustrious Var
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 26-September 06
  • 1,317 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 09:27 AM

We made the actual Koros separate by themselves before compiling them all onto the map when we first started filming, which was last year, so yes, the Jungle biome was not implemented ingame at that time. We might be changing the biome data for that area for the server, but that really just depends on Var because he has the actual map data while I just have a copy of it for rendering purposes.The NPC idea has been bounced around here and again. I can't confirm anything about them, though. At this point, we're more focused on editing/post-production than the actual server map to be quite honest. Once we're done with that, then we can focus more about what we're going to have in the server. But the wait shouldn't (hopefully) take too long so don't worry.

Actually we already changed the biome to jungle a while ago.

Posted Image

#40 Offline Manterax Prime

Manterax Prime
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 12-December 05
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 10:02 AM

Good to hear you guys will be making the map available for download. Gonna be very cool.Interested in the movie too as this is the first I've heard.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection?  Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users