IC: Rebekah

"I don't think so, Brooklyn. Apparently, airports are flooded near Christmas. I'm not even going to pretend to understand why. Not to mention, things have gotten a bit hectic. Probably best for me to stay here.""Besides. There has to be some bastion of sanity here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dallas (Westchester, New York)

Dallas's pianists fingers combed through the glove box, taking the registration - carefully filled out in Dallas' name and attached to his will by Alex Smith - from the compartment and handing it over, along with his license, extracted lovingly from his wallet; both were handed over to the cop with reverence as Dallas smirked and pushed himself up in his seat, trying to look over the windshield.

"Merry Christmas, officer! Hope you refuse to believe in wrapping paper and bows as much as I do..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

NPC Officer:

"I hope you get lucky," the Officer grunted, taking the items in hand, stepping back to his car to run them through a computer, to make sure all was well with them, that this man had no previous criminal record...and all was good.

He quickly stepped back, not noticing the fox that was now trailing him.

"Now. Just where were you going, and would you-or your passenger-happen to know anything about the crashed BMW back there?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dallas (Westchester, New York)

"I was going to California to visit my family, for a surprise," Dallas said casually. "Nicole back here wanted to meet my parents, since I've only ever met hers and she wanted to see where I was born and raised. As for a crashed BMW..."

Dallas looked back towards the BMW, sitting smushed against a tree, and shrugged.

"I dunno. Kinda looks like one of the cars they use in Nicole's Secret Service detail...maybe call them up and ask if they've heard anything about it?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Morrison:

Come on, Dallas, just tell him already. We need to get Nicole away from you. She's not safe.

"Uh-huh. And the BMW was uninhabited, except for a small fox that we saw jump out. And there wasn't anybody else running around the scene. I'm thinking it wasn't a CIA man in that vehicle."

Dallas, just tell him.

We can finally finish,

With Nicole's madness.

profiles i guess

IC: Amaterasu As the mech fired its missiles at its legs, Amaterasu was already gouging her way up the mech's arms. Her target was the mech's head. In her experience, most things couldn't survive without a head, and the head would most likely hold the mech's pilot.IC: WitchShe leapt and went flying over the gates into the cold night.IC: MadnessThere was a book he needed to attend to. He returned to his room and began flipping through Chaffinch's Unexpurgated Mythology and began reading the Egyptian section.IC: MichaelHe was in his room, sleeping.IC: Lester Hey, it's Christmas already. Look what Cel and Faith and Kreeg sent me.Seriously, deodorant? I need socks, or even better, shoes! These are freaking worn out and my feet have developed bloody continental size blisters!IC: Crane LamentNo Christmas for Lament. At least, not until....he found out who was trying to kill him.

Edited by ConTradictheory

"Wer Traumt?"

OOC: How is she running up the mech’s arms? That just defies gravity and just no. She was on its legs specifically she had no time to get all the way to its arms I’m sorry, I won’t accept that as canon.

IC: Nicole (Dallas’ Car)

“Oh,” she said softly. “I’m sorry I came then,” she said. “I won’t get us arrested I promise,” she said as he slowed the car and pulled over on the side of the road. She tried to look innocent as the cop approached Dallas asking for his license and registration.

Nicole released a pheromone that would make the cop very susceptible to her ideas, and since he was a human and not a mutant he had no powers to negate them. She smiled and leaned towards the cop, “You don’t care about that old BMW, in fact you don’t care about it so much you’d much rather just drive away and forget about us. We are completely innocent,” she smiled sweetly at the cop, batting her eyes at him as she released one to seduce him as well, it would make it easier to bend him to her will that way.

IC: Summer-flight (X-Manor)

Ashlynn jumped onto the bed next to Alaric she smiled as she crossed her legs and offered him his present.

IC-Morrison:

Oh. No way was she trying that. Nuh-uh. That spoiled brat had better learn something for once...

Just as the cop began to turn away, to walk back to his car, Morrison jumped up again, hanging on to the edge of the window, glaring-and growling-at Nicole, the sound drawing the officer's attention back to the song at hand, working to convince him that this was Nicole's fault, and that she should get some sort of lesson from this.

I can play this game.

I can play it just like you.

And I can win, too.

"I'm afraid I'm not too inclined to believe that," the officer rather bluntly stated, glaring, again, at Nicole. "I think you'd better tell me just what you did."

profiles i guess

IC: AbiAbigail finally ripped opened her gift and screamed with excitment as the sound of static could be heard from her body, "TOE SOCKS!!" she exclaimed with excitment.IC: ZacZac heard the happy scream of his sister, "Well, Abi sure is happy," Zac said. He looked at Jared, "You still drunk as s***?"IC: Zanebono"So Nats, what I was trying say back there was..." Zanebono said

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

OOC Yes, I know, it's another profile.NOTE: The word "Daraznor" refers to Jacob Westley, not to Raidriar, unless otherwise specified.Name: Jacob WestleyCodename: Daraznor, the God-KingAge: Calendar age 34, "physical" age 17Gender: MaleFaction: Brotherhood of MutantsPower(S): Daraznor possess the power of Darazkinesis (http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/Darazkinesis). He can manipulate a dark form of energy that is capable of fragmenting objects with a touch (like Panrahk), attack people's auras, and absorbing stray souls such as ghosts. SHORT version: Daraznor posses the powers of fragmentation, aura bending, and soul absorption. NOTE: he isn't as strong as his ancestor Raidriar; while his fragmentation abilties remain a force to be feared, he auric attacks have gotten much weaker to the point where they only give the foe moderate pain. Also, it takes a long time for him to absorb souls, and he can only absorb disembodied souls. Also, due to the fact that he is a ghost, Daraznor half occupies a different plane of existence. He has described his world as "a world of darkness".Appearance: Daraznor himself is invisible; he is a ghost after all. He wears a suit of plate armor similar to Darth Nihilus's armor. He usually wears a black cloak over his armor, even in combat. He will sometimes exchange his regular armor for a golden suit of armor (looks like Raidriar from IB2).Weapons: Hand and a half sword, shield.Skills: Daraznor is an accomplished swordsman. While he isn't the best, he certainly can beat the average layman in a duel. Heis also good at baking, sewing, knitting, chess, and kickboxing. He also has the tendency to write bad poetry.Personality: Daraznor is an extremely angry and hateful individual. He will hold grudges for long periods of time and will never forget a single wrongdoing against him. When he's not angry and he has some privacy, however, he will switch to a depressed personality. People who have managed to spy on him in this state have described him as a lovesick boy from a cheesy romance movie.Weakness: Daraznor has a strange state of existence; he is half in the physical world and half in the spirit world. As a result he can't perceive the world in the same way a mortal would. He can't actually see a thing of our world; he has to use dark energy in a sonar-like fashion just to get a "visual" of his surroundings. As a result, individuals within his range of "vision" may feel a chill come oer them as they are being exposed to a small portion of his powers. On the flip side, he is easy to ambush; he can't even see through a window! Also, his suit is made of steel, leaving him vulnerable to users of magnetism and metal control. As he is a spirit, he can't interact with the physical world unless he posses a soulless body, a suit of armor, or a robot. Finally, experienced users of magic, particularly evocation, may be able to bend him to his will.Bio: Once there was a sorceror named Raidriar who possessed the powers of umbrakinesis, netherkinesis, and necrokinesis. With these, among other vile powers, he mixed and made his own power, one that allowed him to weild darkness as a powerful weapon, one that allowed him to bend the human soul, twist it, corrupt it, and destroy it. This power, dubbed Darazkinesis, allowed him to rule over man. He could absorb the souls of man, spread darkness and kill with a thought by causing auras to implode, slaying the mortal. Using his powers, he was able to conquer a good portion of Europe, proclaiming himself Daraznor the God-King. Raidriar ruled his kingdom with an iron fist, bringing much terror and grief upon his subjects. Many who challenged him fell to his power, and eventually, the people called to the heavens for help. The heavens answered, and Raidriar was defeated by the god Hercules. Despite his physical death, his spirit managed to survive and went into hiding for hundreds of years. Centuries later, a young mutant boy, Jacob Westley, discovered his powers: he had exceptionally strong magical powers, having a strong leaning towards the dark arts. His aptitude in mysticism was strengthened, as he had many magician ancestors, one of them being Daraznor himself. However, his parents, in addition to being mutant haters, were very wary of magic and sorcery, denouncing it as "the Devil's art". Eventually, their viewpoints collided, and Jacob had a massive falling out with his parents. Running away from home, he continued to develop his abilities until one day, he summoned the ghost of Raidriar-the original Daraznor. Jacob tried to control his ancestor but failed, and the two started fighting. Eventually, Jacob was able to overcome Raidriar due to his additional mutant powers, and using the God-King's own art against him, he absorbed Raidriar's spirit, gaining much of his power and knowledge. Following in the footsteps of his ancestor, he began a campaign of terror against the USA until he he tried to absorb the Phoenix force but failed. The effort destroyed his body but Jacob, like his ancestor before him, released his spirit from his body, and possessing a suit of plate armor, he went into hiding, plotting his revenge. During his time of hiding, he joined the Brotherhood of Mutants, but wasn't involved in the foreground, until now...[some portions of story taken from here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1034014-magical-history]

Edited by Constructman

OOC: Probably a good time to try and introduce my new character. Had him pre-approved in PM by Fex ages ago, but since the need for double approval has been included since then I'll post him up so you guys can have a look

Name: Tyrone BishopCodename: ChaplainAge: 35Gender: MaleFaction: X-MenPower(S): Can absorb any energy directed at him and convert it into physical strength. While it can be any form of energy it must be specifically directed at him, he can't just stick his hand in an electrical socket or draw from sunlight. With the increased strength comes an enhanced durability to avoid hurting himself while using the strength, making him largely unaffected by blunt trauma but still vulnerable to focused attacks (like the edge of a blade or the tip of a bullet). He starts to gain more and more muscle mass if he absorbs enough energy, so too much and his skin will split and his bones will break simply through his altered physique, acting as a limit on how much he can gain. As the energy acts as a battery he naturally uses it up the more he uses his strength, though that is the only way it'll leave.He also has an innate sense to know exactly where and when he is at all times. Its believed its a side-effect of this secondary power that keeps him from absorbing anything but direct attacksAppearance: A big guy, standing well over 6 feet tall and every inch of it packed with muscle even before his powers kick in. Because of various time travel shenanigans he looks a lot younger than he is, like a guy in his early twenties. He's bald, but has a slight goateeWeapons: Nothing, despite his father's preference for massive gunsSkills: Talented martial artist. Strength is useless if you don't have the skill to use it rightPersonality: Stoic and not much of a talker. He reasons that, that, way, when he says something people will actually listenWeakness: No long range attacks or enhanced speed means he often just has to take punishment until he get close enough to hit something, which can be detrimental to his healthBio: The son of a version of Bishop from later in the timeline he was actually 'adopted' and raised by a younger version from earlier in history. It seemed the father thought this was the best way to raise, protect and train the son. Tyrone was taken to a miniature bubble in the space-time continuum where time passed more slowly and he could grow in peace, ready for the battles he would inevitably be drawn into. He was sent back into the world to join the X-Men and gain valuable experience in field missions and teamwork under a variety of experienced tutors just after the Phoenix massacre happened, which put a bit of a damper on that idea. He spent the next seventeen years helping out wherever he could, honing his skills in various ways and gaining the trust of Beast. He has recently returned to the newly formed X-Men to act as a teacher himself, his role in life come full circle

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: While Daraznor is indeed looking like an obvious expy, there are a few characters in this RPG who are just as guilty of "crimes of inspiration", so that's not reason enough for a denial. However, I do think Daraznor is a bit underexplained, and as a result, simply sounds very powerful and enigmatic. I'll need more of an explanation of his powers before anything is approved. His weaknesses sound very interesting, though.

What, exactly, is aura-bending? And how does the fragmentation work? Is it instantaneous to all things? Does it work differently on organic objects versus non-organics?

Chaplain seems fine by me. Consider mine the second approval.

IC: From a solid 5 miles away from the Museum of Modern Art, away from the frantic, hustling guards trying to figure out where "The Starry Night" could possibly have disappeared to, Royale chuckled as he slumped into the frony seat of his now parked BMW 650i xDrive coupe.

The painting was surprisingly small, as paintings go, and fit quite comfortably in a protective case and set in the back seat.

Now, before one were to accuse Tom of denying people the right to see such iconic art, Tom had every intention of returning the thing. Honestly, at this point, stealing paintings from MoMa was simply raw entertainment. Painting thievery was no longer Tom's area of thievery; he was on to bigger and better things now. After selling the location of the Terrigen Mists to Quicksilver (not that he was using them yet, as far as Tom was aware), he began to enjoy the thrill of obtaining weaponry of incredible worth.

All the same, one had to amuse himself from time to time.

"The Starry Night" would make it's way back to it's place in a week or so.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Semantics aside, you are welcome to your methods, as is Constructman. He isn't breaking any rules by creating characters based on other characters he likes. If you have anything further you would like to put forth as far as this discussion goes, please bring it to PM.

OOC: Wait, expy? I can understand you accusing him of being Nihilus, but there's already a character out there named Daraznor?Fragmentation is like Panrahk fragmentation: if he touches something (with his hand), it explodes. I guess it would work better on materials such as stone, glass, and metal. It probably wouldn't be very effective on fabrics and such. Organic flesh wouldn't be affected that much either.IE Jacob activates his frag powers. He touches a brick wall. BOOM, wall's gone. He then touches a couch. Seeing as fabric doesn't naturally shatter, the fabric gets a bit torn up but nothing big happens. He then touches a human. If he touched bone, the bone shatters. If he touched muscle, it shakes a bit but nothing happens.Basically: hard and stiff: bye bye. Soft and stretchy: nothing happens.As for time, the general rule is the bigger the object, the longer it takes. Anything smaller than say, a Smart Car, will shatter within 3 seconds. NOw if he tried to shatter a house, he would be standing there for a few hours.As for aura bending, he's attacking the foe's energetic system. He isn't directly attacking the soul, but since the aura seems to be connected to a person's identity, he's indirectly attacking what makes them "them". He's also making them more succeptible to psychic attack as the aura is a person's energetic "shield".IC HeiI continued drinking my glass of milk, not sure what to do.

OOC: Honestly, I don't know anything about Daraznor beyond what you linked. What I do think, however, is that you should remove the references to the things Daraznor was inspired by, such as the Infinity Blade references, or Nihilus, and come up with names of your own/a self made description of Daraznor's appearance. Simply to make him a less forced seeming character, and to provoke the imagination.

IC: Spencer crawled along the ceiling of the main hall, eyes glued to a carton of egg nog set out on the entryway table. Spencer was a serious fan of egg nog. So it was time to get some.

OOC That thing I linked to is the PsiWiki. It's a site on real life psionics but it is one of the fluffiest/unreliable/BS sites out there.IC OdysseusI continued sitting in the helicopter, wondering whywe hadn't taken off. In my spare time, I pulled out my mirror and checked my hair. Again. "Only 15 and I have to deal with grey hair," I thought. Then, I noticed something. Under my eyelid, those were... "Wrinkles?"OOC I'm thinking of giving Knower/Odysseus some sort of accelerated aging disease. It wouldn't be standard Werner syndrome or something like that; it would be part of his mutation. And to explain why it's only started to hit now, it would be because his body is reacting negatively to something. What that thing is, I don't know yet, but it would have to be something you don't see everyday. Something related to somebody else's powers.

OOC: That's not really the best thing to say when we're looking for something to approve your character with... :P

I'll wait to see what some of the other staff members think; consider me on the fence, Constructman.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Felix, NPC SHIELD soldiers, Earl, Shaw, ???

Felix heard the thunder of footsteps as SHIELD soldiers surrounded the building. He let out a sigh of relief and pressed himself against the wall, waiting for the inevitable.

Boom!

The explosive charges placed on the entrance of the building went off, throwing the doors into the building and flattening a HYDRA goon or two. The troops flooded in, taking aim and firing at whatever enemy troops they could find in their sights. Meanwhile, Felix began to silently make his way upstairs and back to the roof.

"Overlord, this is Ignis. I'll take that medivac now.

Reptilian snarled, daring the troops to shoot him.

"Hold your fire," their squad leader commanded, "he's right. We don't want that virus getting out."

"Glad we could come to an understanding," Reptilian hissed, "but you're all going to die anyway."

He lunged, tackling half of the division to the ground and crushing them while the other half staggered away, struggling to regain their formation and aim. Blood smeared the floors as Reptilian stood over the shredded bodies of his victims.

"Who's next?"

"This is good news," Shaw said, "so tell me, with this information, how soon can we move out?"

The suited man straightened his tie before he pushed open the revolving doors of the Roxxon building. His car was parked just a few feet away, but still, the cold was biting.

Soon enough, he was out on the icy road, heading back to his isolated home outside New York. It was a long drive, but the conference with Roxxon demanded it. Traffic was terrible on account of last-minute holiday shopping, so the trip home was even longer than expected.

But he did make it, and when he did, someone was waiting for him.

The second he stepped in the door, a massive, muscular hand pinned him to the wall by the throat. He let out a pained gasp and clasped his hands around the wrist of the figure that was holding him.

The attacker wore a dark grey and maroon hoodie, and most of his face was concealed by a maroon scarf with a zipper running horizontally down the middle, just where his mouth probably was. His hands were covered with black gloves, each with a small slit at the fingertip. All in all, he was terrifying.

"Wh-What do you want?" the businessman coughed through the fingers clutching his windpipe, prompting the hooded man to narrow his eyes.

"I want answers," he growled in a deep, surprisingly clear voice, "up until two months ago, you were involved in handling information for the shadow organization known as Weapon-X, correct?"

"Yes," the man whimpered, "I worked on the files for all of their agents--"

"Which agents?"

"The experimental soldiers. I helped compile data involving the mutants."

"What do you know about agent X-112?"

"I-I don't know anything off the top of my head. I might have some files on my computer..."

The muscular hand gradually loosened its grip, letting the man fall to the ground.

"Get the files," he said, "I want all you have printed out and in my hands. Now."

The man weakly shuffled over to a small desktop computer in his office and started it up, the imposing figure following and watching the entire time. When the computer had finished loading its interface, the man immediately went to work browsing his files. In short order, a few pieces of paper filled with text and images slid out of a nearby printer. The hooded man picked them all up in his hands and stuffed them into his jacket.

"I was never here," he said, then opened a window and leaped out. In moments, he had vanished into the fog brought on by the cold weather.

The other man, meanwhile, picked up the phone with a shaky hand and dialed 911.

OOC: Let me know if I missed anything.

67tlbk.png

IC: It had finally reached Tyrone Bishop that the X-Mansion had been rebuilt. Since it had always been the plan to help there he had been making his way, and had finally arrived this frosty Christmas Eve. He walked up to the mansion, a furry parka only adding to his already impressive bulk and knocked at the door

IC: With the firepower focused on him lessening, Magnitude walked over to the waterfront. It only took him a couple of steps. He headed for the nicer area of the docks, where the big yachts owned by millionaires could be found, and sized up a likely candidate. Quickly breaking it moorings, he bellowed back to his brothers in arms.

"Way out! All aboard!"

IC: Francesca had made her way to the main hall where it seemed Beast was letting people open there presents early. Was that just how they did things around here?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC Edited. Before finalization, however, is there anybody who would be interested in having an estranged son/brother/uncle for their character?NOTE: The word "Daraznor" refers to Jacob Westley, not to Raidriar, unless otherwise specified.Name: Jacob WestleyCodenames: Daraznor, Phantome KnightAge: Calendar age 34, "physical" age 17Gender: MaleFaction: Brotherhood of MutantsPower(S): Daraznor possess the power of Darazkinesis (http://psi.wikia.com/wiki/Darazkinesis). He can manipulate a dark form of energy that is capable of fragmenting objects with a touch (like Panrahk), attack people's auras, and absorbing stray souls such as ghosts. SHORT version: Daraznor posses the powers of fragmentation, aura bending, and soul absorption. NOTE: he isn't as strong as his ancestor Kuzod; while his fragmentation abilties remain a force to be feared, he auric attacks have gotten much weaker to the point where they only give the foe moderate pain. Also, it takes a long time for him to absorb souls, and he can only absorb disembodied souls. Also, due to the fact that he is a ghost, Daraznor half occupies a different plane of existence. He has described his world as "a world of darkness".DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF POWERS:Fragmentation: Usage of fragmentation requires physical contact with the target. Generally, stiff and hard materials like wood and stone will shatter the easiest while soft and stretchy materials such as fabric, soft rubber, and organic material will be the least affected. Also, the bigger something is, the more time it takes to shatter.Aura Bending: This power bends the aura. Not much is known about the process except for that while it doesn't do physical pain, it causes mental and spiritual pain, as if one's heart and brain were being torn out of their body. As the aura is a manifestation of a person's identity, he's basically damaging what makes "them" them. This attack also leaves the target succeptible to psychic attacks as their shield-the aura-is being let down.Soul absorption: Daraznor can absorb ghosts, demons, etc and gain their memories and powers. However, the spirit needs to be extremely weakened for this to be possible; it becomes even harder if the soul is bonded to a body, and triply as hard if the body is still alive. As a result, Daraznor rarely uses this ability except for scavenging.Appearance: Daraznor himself is invisible; he is a ghost after all. He wears a suit of black armor to contain his energies. This suit of armor is resemblant of traditional plate armor and is completed by a helmet shaped like the Mask of Charisma (Trinuma's mask). NOTE: He should look similar to my BZPRPG character Ira except for the mask.Weapons: Hand and a half sword, shield. The sword has a plain design. The shield is a round shield with a layered construction.Skills: Daraznor is an accomplished swordsman. While he isn't the best, he certainly can beat the average layman in a duel. He is also good at baking, sewing, knitting, chess, and kickboxing. He also has the tendency to write bad poetry.Personality: Daraznor is an extremely angry and hateful individual. He will hold grudges for long periods of time and will never forget a single wrongdoing against him. When he's not angry and he has some privacy, however, he will switch to a depressed personality. People who have managed to spy on him in this state have described him as a lovesick wimp from a cheesy romance movie.Weakness: Daraznor has a strange state of existence; he is half in the physical world and half in the spirit world. As a result he can't perceive the world in the same way a mortal would. He can't actually see a thing of our world; he has to use dark energy in a sonar-like fashion just to get a "visual" of his surroundings. As a result, individuals within his range of "vision" may feel a chill come oer them as they are being exposed to a small portion of his powers. On the flip side, he is easy to ambush; he can't even see through a window! Also, his suit is made of steel, leaving him vulnerable to users of magnetism and metal control. As he is a spirit, he can't interact with the physical world unless he posses a soulless body, a suit of armor, or a robot. Finally, experienced users of magic, particularly evocation, may be able to bend him to his will.Bio: Once there was a sorceror named Kuzod who possessed the powers of umbrakinesis, netherkinesis, and necrokinesis. With these, among other vile powers, he mixed and made his own power, one that allowed him to weild darkness as a powerful weapon, one that allowed him to bend the human soul, twist it, corrupt it, and destroy it. This power, dubbed Darazkinesis, allowed him to rule over man. He could absorb the souls of man, spread darkness and kill with a thought by causing auras to implode, slaying the mortal. Using his powers, he was able to conquer a good portion of Europe, proclaiming himself Daraznor the God-King. Kuzod ruled his kingdom with an iron fist, bringing much terror and grief upon his subjects. Many who challenged him fell to his power, and eventually, the people called to the heavens for help. The heavens answered, and Kuzod was defeated by the god Hercules. Despite his physical death, his spirit managed to survive and went into hiding for hundreds of years. Centuries later, a young mutant boy, Jacob Westley, discovered his powers: he had exceptionally strong magical powers, having a strong leaning towards the dark arts. His aptitude in mysticism was strengthened, as he had many magician ancestors, one of them being Kuzod himself. However, his parents, in addition to being mutant haters, were very wary of magic and sorcery, denouncing it as "the Devil's art". Eventually, their viewpoints collided, and Jacob had a massive falling out with his parents. Running away from home, he continued to develop his abilities until one day, he summoned the ghost of Kuzod-the original Daraznor. Jacob tried to control his ancestor but failed, and the two started fighting. Eventually, Jacob was able to overcome Kuzod due to his additional mutant powers, and using the God-King's own art against him, he absorbed his ancestor's spirit, gaining much of his power and knowledge. Following in the footsteps of his ancestor, he began a campaign of terror against the USA until he he tried to absorb the Phoenix force but failed. The effort destroyed his body but Jacob, like his ancestor before him, released his spirit from his body, and possessing a suit of plate armor, he went into hiding, plotting his revenge. During his time of hiding, he joined the Brotherhood of Mutants, but wasn't involved in the foreground, until now...

Edited by Constructman

OOC: I would also suggest you give a variant of the in depth description of his powers that you gave me to the character's actual description.

IC: Inches from the Egg Nog, Spencer heard the knock on the door. Spencer glanced from the nog to the door, and with a nod of confirmation, grabbed at the nog while sipping across a web to the door, finishing in a comfortable hang. Grinning at his own fancy maneuver, Spencer hopped off of the web, and opened the door.

"Merry christmas! How can I help you?"

IC: Malus, Julia, ???

Malus followed Beast into his office, trotting along behind the furry giant. Once they reached their destination, Malus took a seat.

"I would like to discuss living arrangements with you," he said, "specifically, living arrangements for me. After all, my previous home was all but destroyed--" at this point, Malus pulled up the sleeve of his hospital gown, revealing a tattoo bearing the code X-987 and designating him as the property of Weapon-X.

"--and I don't think anyone else would be willing to take in a man of my...disposition."

Julia finally managed to pick herself up off of her bed and trot downstairs, where everyone was celebrating Christmas Eve. She couldn't help but cringe; her family had barely managed to pay for one or two Christmas presents a year before she was sent off to the X-Manor.

The hooded figure finally found himself in Manhattan after hours of running. How he wasn't absolutely exhausted by now, not even he quite knew. He took a deep breath and started running again, casting a glance over his shoulder. Just as he turned his head back, he found himself running directly into a new-looking BMW coupe with a rather loud thump. He staggered backwards, gazing up at the driver (Royale) confusedly.

"That car wasn't there a second ago..." he muttered aloud.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Francesca looked over at Chris, her lava-lamp eyes dimmed by a fringe of hair. "They know its Christmas Eve, right? We've not quite crossed the midnight hour into Christmas yet."

IC: Well that confirmed he was definitely in the right place. Tyrone doubted anywhere else had spider-people opening the door. Well, maybe Vegas....

"Guy knocks on the door, you just open it? You don't ask who it is, you don't check through the peep-hole. Dang boy, we gotta learn you some security tips," he said as he strolled inside, taking off the parka

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

(Scott)

Scott was now in a much happier mood. He wasn't sure what caused it. Maybe it was watching Abigail opening her presents, But Scott just felt, right. Opening the seal on his helmet, It started to shrink and disassemble, till it looked like a pair of sunglasses. Much easier to carry around, and looked stylish too. Putting them on top of his head, Scott walked over to the tree. Sitting down on the floor, Scott watched and listened, being at peace for the first time in a long time.

(Lexie)

With it looking bad all over, Lexie did one final attack. She pounded on the mecha with her hammer-fists, then jumped off, landing, rolling, and moving to the docks, ready to go.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Tom gazed confusedly at the man man who had just apparently been hit by a parked car. Tom's parked car to be specific. Somewhat cautiously, Tom stepped out of the BMW, a disarming smile crossing his face. "Hey, are you okay?" Tom asked warmly, hiding the suspicious feelings running through his brain.

---

Spencer coughed abashedly, dropping to the floor and matching pace with the rather blunt guest. "I, well, I mean it's Christmas! And this is supposed to be a house open to everyone... I didn't think it would be that much of an issue."

Rubbing the back fo his neck nervously, Spencer hopped in front of the man. "I'm Spencer. Are you here looking for someone?"

IC: ???

The figure stood.

"Just fine," he grumbled, "not like I ran head-on into a car or anything. Seriously, ain't this lot closed or something?"

He shook his head and brushed himself off.

"Lucky I don't put a fist through your **** chest cavity," he mumbled, hopefully quiet enough that Tom wouldn't hear.

He absentmindedly lifted a hand to the zipper on his scarf, but decided against it at the last minute.

If he had paid attention, Tom might have noticed the ribcage-shaped dent in the side of the vehicle...

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Tom held up his hands, continuing the trend of being unassuming and disarming. Being who he was, Tom most certainly noticed the dentin his car. 'Just how hard did this guy hit my car?' Tom wondered to himself in amazement. His face betrayed no inkling of his astonishment, however. 'Best to keep things low key. I don't know anything about this guy aside from the fact that he must hit incredibly hard. Don't want to deal if that if I don't have to.'

"Well if all is said and done, what say we just be on our way then? No harm done, I imagine?"

IC: ???

Something glinted in the sunlight briefly at the tip of each of the man's fingers, but whatever it was, it quickly vanished. He took a deep breath.

Control your anger, he thought, no need to go around killing people for no reason other than the fact that they parked their car in the wrong place at the wrong time...

"Whatever."

He sauntered off, glancing back for a moment before continuing on.

Still, that guy'd better hope he doesn't see me again.

67tlbk.png

OOO: well since the mech is flying at high-speeds right now I don't see how she is climbing around other then just hanging into him with her sword, I must of missed that post yeah.As for Constructman's new character, I'm sorry but the soul aura thing seems very op to me, not to mention he's a ghost that no one can see, how would he even speak to the brotherhood? Etc seems like he has no real weakness or ability to die unless a character that affects ghosts attacks him.IC: Nicole (Road) She glared at the fox, okay there was definitely something strange about his fox. She decided she didn't like him at all. He'd somehow made her pheromones not affect the officer by growling. "I didn't do anything officer," she said. "And since you have no probable cause there's nothing you can really do here," IC: Romulus (Hellfire Mansion)"Now, that is if you have a sorcerer ready," he said. IC: Scorcher, Destruction (Enforcer/Brotherhood Battle)Hearing Magnitude's call, Kane flew toward the boat the giant mutant had boarded. He used his flames to blast stray billets out of the air; melting them and creating openings for his comrades to escape with.Caden charged towards the boat, unleashing blasts of explosive energy; turning soldiers to dust as he ran. IC: Quicksilver IC: (Enforcer/Brotherhood Battle)Pietro flew towards the ship, using his powers to surround himself with plates of floating metal to deflect bullets.IC: Beast (X-Manor)Beast raised a furry blue brow. "I see," he said. "How do I know are you trustworthy?" He asked.

OOC How about he's like a Makuta: if his armor is compromised, his energy will leak out and dissapate unless he finds a new container? And if his armor is somehow welded together, he won't be able to move. And if he forgets to use WD40 on his armor before going into battle, he wouldn't be able to move as well. But maybe I should take out the aura attacks: they would either be OP or useless.As for talking, I thought he would just speak magically. But if not, maybe telepathy?IC GamemasterI continued watching football.

Edited by Constructman

NPC-Officer:

"Two cars on the road, two occupants in one, both of whom look slightly disshevelled, one car uninhabited and crashed into a tree. I might be jumping to conclusions here, but I think there's a connection-and after that, I can check the license plate on the BMW, figure out who its connected to, and somebody's going to have to pay a fine at the least. Unless you have any real idea as to what happened?"

profiles i guess

IC: Ezekiel (X-Mansion)

Ezekiel smiled, and flew over to where the others were opening their presents. He watched the expressions of joy fill their faces. It almost brought tears to his eyes. Most of these people, these mutants, have troubled pasts. Yet on Christmas Eve, they all showed their humanity. They all received the gift of love and joy.

He reached into the basket, and pulled out a candy cane, whistling "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

IC: Rebekah, X-Manor

Rebekah stood at the periphery of the room, watching gleeful students, faculty and X-Men charge for their gifts under the tree. Her violet eyes took the scene in silently, expressionlessly.

She didn't expect to be remembered, and honestly, she wasn't sure she wanted to be. Christmas meant nothing to her, it was a date on a calendar. It held meaning for everyone else because they had memories associated with it, fond memories. Memories that, no matter how bad everything else was, were a source of light in the dark. As a celebration, that was all the holiday really was. A chance to celebrate, one fueled by the memories of Christmas' past.

Rebekah didn't have those memories. She did not know for sure if she had ever even celebrated Christmas in her life. It was, to her, just another day. And even if she desired a celebration, she could not ignore the shadow that loomed over her once more, the one she had thought vanquished two months ago.

Look at them. So happy. So blissfully unaware, so unconcerned, that Weapon X isn't as dead as we thought. And why should they be. They were there for mere days.

Ashlynn claimed to keep her tattoo so she never forgot. That statement is meaningless. She endured so little hardship there, was forced to do so little. She thinks she understands the horrors that occurred there. She doesn't.

None of them do.

OOC: Rebekah is, if anyone desires, open for interaction.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG