Ask GregF A Question!

Hope you don't mind I answered what I could.

-How did the Toa acquire noble masks? Were they given or did they find them?

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure they found them like they found the Great masks. Hopefully someone else can back me up or correct me on this.

-When did they get the Makoki Stones?

Again, not certain about this one, but I'm pretty sure the Turaga gave them to the Toa when it was time to enter Mangaia. Unless they sent them on a scavenger hunt for them, too, but I don't remember reading about that.

-Is there any canon explanation that Greg can come up with (even on the spot) for the use of the words Tohunga and Koronan, the descent into the Suva to get the golden mask, the Mana Ko in the Mangaia in Legend of Mata Nui (video game)?

Koronan would just mean 'villager', I guess, so I don't see any reason to consider it non-canon.

-How come the 2001 storyline is so messed up from all the different sources (MNOG, Tale of the Toa, LoMN video game, Comics)?

Cathy Hapka wrote the books then, and Greg wasn't involved in MNOG, so that would explain some of it.

-Why was there a floating golden Hau in Onu-Koro?

Greg might not know this, because he wasn't involved in MNOG.

-How come Ka is a Kahu in MNOG but a regular Gukko in MoL?

Again, Greg wasn't involved in MNOG. But are you sure the Gukko in MoL was meant to be the same bird?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

What might happen if Teridax didn't kill all the Makuta?

I think that's a little too vague of a question to ask... :lol:

Well, he didn't kill all the Makuta; Miserix is still alive.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

////

If he didn't kill the other Makuta (becides Miserix, since he is alive) another Makua may be able to take him down with a virus. I guess he killed them because was afraid of a second great cataclysm, and also, he probably didn't like to share power too much.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Is it safe to assume that the Agori and Glatorian species originate from one original species that diverged into these two over time ?Are the GBs natives to Spherus Magna, and if yes, are they related biologically to the Agori and/or Glatorian? If no, could you tell us where they come from?That is all.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Is it safe to assume that the Agori and Glatorian species originate from one original species that diverged into these two over time ?Are the GBs natives to Spherus Magna, and if yes, are they related biologically to the Agori and/or Glatorian? If no, could you tell us where they come from?That is all.

//////

I know part of the answer to the second one. They are not native, because Annona describes how she was there before the Great Beings came to Spherus Magna.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

////

If he didn't kill the other Makuta (becides Miserix, since he is alive) another Makua may be able to take him down with a virus. I guess he killed them because was afraid of a second great cataclysm, and also, he probably didn't like to share power too much.

I think it mentioned in Makuta's Guide to the Universe that he actually kept a few other Makuta around to create Kraata.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I know part of the answer to the second one. They are not native, because Annona describes how she was there before the Great Beings came to Spherus Magna.

As bones has mentioned frequently, it's possible that she meant that they came into existence (were created or evolved), instead of actually arriving.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Not sure if this was answered already, but well reading a topic a while ago(couldn't find it again), Bonesiii quoted Greg saying Vakama's Disk Launcher/Jetpack was used by channeling his elemental fire power through it, but in comic #19 Vakama says he used up all his elemental power fighting the Morbuzakh, and triggered his Jetpack with his thoughts. So how did he activate his jetpack if he used up all his elemental power?

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

I'll be the one who asks this, since I still have a second question:

In The Final Battle, Pohatu is seen levitating a large stone, with himself inside, from the Karda Nui swamp. However, Greg has implied in the past that Toa cannot levitate themselves directly (as proven by Toa of Iron) or indirectly (as in, by standing on a platform which they levitate with their element). Why is this - did Pohatu use a different method to lift the rocks, is it a power only accessible to Toa Nuva, or can Toa actually levitate themselves with their elements?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

In The Final Battle, Pohatu is seen levitating a large stone, with himself inside, from the Karda Nui swamp. However, Greg has implied in the past that Toa cannot levitate themselves directly (as proven by Toa of Iron) or indirectly (as in, by standing on a platform which they levitate with their element). Why is this - did Pohatu use a different method to lift the rocks, is it a power only accessible to Toa Nuva, or can Toa actually levitate themselves with their elements?

Greg said a Toa of Iron can't fly by controlling his armor, not entirely ruling out levitation/flight by another means. We also never found a quote from Greg that said Toa can't lift themselves indirectly.

We're mostly curious if a user of a Mask of Telekinesis can lift himself or herself indirectly like Pohatu did. Same with a Toa of Iron. A yes or no on these would provide a better answer for us. I'd also like to know if a Toa of Psionic's telekinesis works the same as the mask.

There comes a point when we have to ask ourselves a very simple question, "Why?"

swahili_translate.png

Man, I've been on this site for like six years and only have 500+ posts,

being the strong, silent type really doesn't work well online.

I was wondering, did any good-natured MU inhabitants (Matoran, Turaga, Toa, etc.) die during the Battle of Bara Magna? Were any of them crushed under the robots' feet, when the robots fell, or did any die when Teridax was hit with blows and lasers? Even if they could be brought back by the Red Star, that would be terrible. It seemed like such a violent battle and not-so far fetched that some would be crushed. And does anyone know when they will speak with Greg again?

I was wondering, did any good-natured MU inhabitants (Matoran, Turaga, Toa, etc.) die during the Battle of Bara Magna? Were any of them crushed under the robots' feet, when the robots fell, or did any die when Teridax was hit with blows and lasers? Even if they could be brought back by the Red Star, that would be terrible. It seemed like such a violent battle and not-so far fetched that some would be crushed. And does anyone know when they will speak with Greg again?

It definitely was. In Journey's End, after the battle we're told that the ground is littered with the bodies of those who lost their lives.

It was confirmed that Nektann killed three Toa and killed a dozen Agori and Matoran. Of course, more than that must've died as well.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Can non-Toa species (i.e. Vortixx, Skadi, Makuta, etc.) survive a Protodermis dip and become Nuva?

Results of contact with EP are based on destiny, so depending on the destiny of a specific character, then yes, it is possible. However, the results can vary immensely, anywhere from the likes of Firedracax to the Toa Nuva. Also, if a similar transformation did occur, they wouldn't be referred to as a Nuva (considering that Nuva was a term used by Tahu to describe his own team).

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Another MNOG question:

How does Gali make a mental link with Takua?

I think it may have been since he was an Av-Matoran, and as we've seen Toa can from mental links with them.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I would like explanation on the nature of the golden masks (2001, toa mata) and the golden armor (2010, tahu)

And was the golden armor just thrown out as marketing crud, or was it planned from early on (like the giant mata nui robot)

----------

Golden masks were combinations of all 6 original Kanohi powers (Shielding, X-ray Vision, Speed, Strength, Water-Breathing and Levitation) acquired by the Mata before they entered Mangia. And methinks the Golden Armor was a marketing gig to get fans to buy all the sets.

Edited by Dude w/ a Hat

Morally unambiguous.

I would like explanation on the nature of the golden masks (2001, toa mata) and the golden armor (2010, tahu) And was the golden armor just thrown out as marketing crud, or was it planned from early on (like the giant mata nui robot)

----------

Golden masks were combinations of all 6 original Kanohi powers (Shielding, X-ray Vision, Speed, Strength, Water-Breathing and Levitation) acquired by the Mata before they entered Mangia.
I think he(or she) was asking why the Gold Masks were created.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

I would like explanation on the nature of the golden masks (2001, toa mata) and the golden armor (2010, tahu) And was the golden armor just thrown out as marketing crud, or was it planned from early on (like the giant mata nui robot)

----------

Golden masks were combinations of all 6 original Kanohi powers (Shielding, X-ray Vision, Speed, Strength, Water-Breathing and Levitation) acquired by the Mata before they entered Mangia.
I think he(or she) was asking why the Gold Masks were created.

----

Instead of having to call each of their secondary masks from their suva to use their power, the gold masks made it so they could use all six mask powers without having to switch masks. While the silver masks did not appear in the storyline, they did the same as the gold masks, but it was just the combination of three masks. So basically, they were just created to make switching powers easier, and so they could use all their powers even if they are cut off from their suva.

While the silver masks did not appear in the storyline, they did the same as the gold masks, but it was just the combination of three masks.
~~~Wrong. The "silver masks" (assuming you mean the Aki, which looked like either a silver or golden Hau, and the Rua, which looked like a silver Miru) were actually Toa Kaita Akamai and Wairuha's Kanohi. They had all the powers of their three component Kanohi, and could use them freely and in conjunction - unlike the Golden Masks, which could only use one power at a time. These Kanohi fused and de-fused with their respective Kaita.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

While the silver masks did not appear in the storyline, they did the same as the gold masks, but it was just the combination of three masks.

~~~Wrong. The "silver masks" (assuming you mean the Aki, which looked like either a silver or golden Hau, and the Rua, which looked like a silver Miru) were actually Toa Kaita Akamai and Wairuha's Kanohi. They had all the powers of their three component Kanohi, and could use them freely and in conjunction - unlike the Golden Masks, which could only use one power at a time. These Kanohi fused and de-fused with their respective Kaita.

---

I wasn't talking about the Toa Kaita's masks. Yes, what you say about their masks are true. However, there is a silver set of masks that came out that have half the power of a golden mask. They work exactly like the golden masks, except they only have three powers, instead of six. These were not seen in the storyline, but were sold as a part of a Kanohi mask pack.

I wasn't talking about the Toa Kaita's masks. Yes, what you say about their masks are true. However, there is a silver set of masks that came out that have half the power of a golden mask. They work exactly like the golden masks, except they only have three powers, instead of six. These were not seen in the storyline, but were sold as a part of a Kanohi mask pack.
~~~Unless you mean the silver Nuva masks, the "regular" silver Kanohi released were literally non-canon. They had no powers, no storyline significance, and were never even assigned names. I'm not sure where you're getting this "they have half the power of a Golden Kanohi" thing from.

~~~Unless you mean the silver Nuva masks, the "regular" silver Kanohi released were literally non-canon. They had no powers, no storyline significance, and were never even assigned names. I'm not sure where you're getting this "they have half the power of a Golden Kanohi" thing from.

They had no powers? I could of sworn that they consisted of three of the six powers. Either way, they never showed up in the story, so it doesn't really matter.

What is Takanuva's destiny and did he fulfil it already?
No. He would've become a Turaga, most likely.
~~~To be fair, a Toa must sacrifice their Toa Power and achieve their destiny to become a Turaga. This is why Lhikan didn't become a Turaga until he had completely finished transforming the Metru, and also why the Nuva haven't become Turaga Nuva yet.

Okay, I've decided on my 2 questions:

1. How does Kapura "move quickly by moving slowly?"

2. Who are the other "Time Slip Av-Matoran?" Do we know any others?

Disregard these: (Unless someone else wants to ask them :D)

What was the purpose of the evolution to Antidermis for the Makuta? (And maybe you could mention that theory a while ago by Podu about it being a control device, just to make him think...)

I'm really curious about how airweed is harvested now.EDIT: Can we ask another question when one of ours have been answered? If not, and if it's not too late, it would be nice to ask the Antidermis question and not the Time Slip Av-Matoran one.

Although that last question still stands. Can I ask these other two if the first two are answered?

And when is the next meeting with Greg?

Here's a second question since I've only asked 1 this time around(also not sure if it's been asked before, but it's been bugging me) :In Bionicle Adventures #10: Time Trap, when Vakama's under Teridax's illusion, he calls Jaller 'Jaller' when his name wasn't changed from 'Jala' till after the Bohrok attacked on Mata Nui 1000 years later.

Edited by Vakama-san

metroid.gif

Here's a second question since I've only asked 1 this time around(also not sure if it's been asked before, but it's been bugging me) :In Bionicle Adventures #10: Time Trap, when Vakama's under Teridax's illusion, he calls Jaller 'Jaller' when his name wasn't changed from 'Jala' till after the Bohrok attacked on Mata Nui 1000 years later.

---

He probably just wasn't allowed to use the name "Jala" any more. "Jala" was changed to "Jaller" because Pacific Islanders took legal action to change it because "Jala" (along with other names) were based off of their language. After that, he probably wasn't allowed to use that name again.

A story reason for that is that I believe the Turaga simplified the Matoran's names when they got to Mata Nui. Can't remember where it says that, but it would be a reason for the spelling to be only "Jala" during 01-02.

---He probably just wasn't allowed to use the name "Jala" any more. "Jala" was changed to "Jaller" because Pacific Islanders took legal action to change it because "Jala" (along with other names) were based off of their language. After that, he probably wasn't allowed to use that name again.
I don't think that's it. I thought the thing with the other language was they couldn't copyright it, and that that was why 'Kopaka' and 'Toa' among other things are still being used, but not(as far as I know) copyrighted. So I'm still pretty sure he could have said it.

metroid.gif

Quote from BIONICLEsector01:

"The Naming Day concept was created by The LEGO Group when they were requested to change the names of several characters to avoid a lawsuit by representatives of the Maori people, who were angry that The LEGO Group was misusing words of their language. Some of the names changed were not from the Maori language, but rather from different Polynesian languages."

The lawsuit had nothing to do with copyright issues, but simply because the Maori people thought the Bionicle words were "misused". The Maori tribe must have decided that other Bionicle words, such as "Toa" or "Kopaka", were not misused.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Toa Of Virtues" data-cid="486729" data-time="1357420641"><p>Quote from BIONICLEsector01:<br />"The Naming Day concept was created by <a href='http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/LEGO'>The LEGO Group</a> when they were requested to change the names of several characters to avoid a lawsuit by representatives of the Maori people, who were angry that The LEGO Group was misusing words of their language. Some of the names changed were not from the Maori language, but rather from different Polynesian languages."<br /> <br />The lawsuit had nothing to do with copyright issues, but simply because the Maori people thought the Bionicle words were "misused". The Maori tribe must have decided that other Bionicle words, such as "Toa" or "Kopaka", were not misused.</p></blockquote>I guess that makes sense. Because if I remember correctly I read in an article somewhere that 'Kopaka' means 'cold'(an obvious pun) and that 'Toa' means 'warrior', in which case it might make sense to consider them correctly used.Thanks for clarifying this!

metroid.gif