Ask GregF A Question!

Ahh! Just thought of another question...If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa? And if it were similar to a computer program or a signal then would it be possible for a Matoran to trick a Kanohi mask into thinking it's wearer was a Toa?

BZPRPG Characters

Tahmira

• 2 weeks later...

Because it should happen! I started the thread once, and then Greg himself got it closed by saying that it couldn't happen because they're two completely different continuities. That's nonsense. There's JLA/Avengers where DC's Justice League and Justice Society team up with the Avengers to save both of their universes. Superman wields Mjolnir and Captain America's shield. Batman fights Vision. Two separate continuities, and yet it happened, and is considered totally canon.

I think ruling out a crossover completely is a ridiculous thing to do because, if Dark Mirror is anything to go by, in the BIONICLE universe anything is possible. How many times have Spider-man and Superman met alternate counterparts? It doesn't matter how many universes away from something you are, fiction finds a way. Besides, there's nothing to stop the fans from doing a crossover - BIONICLE is over, so the story is only being driven by fans, and if they want to write Stormer and Stringer's mission to Bota Magna, or even a Tahtorak in Manhattan, then they can do so, whether Greg says so or not.

This isn't supposed to be an attack on Greg, as I have a lot of respect for him, his works and his continued communion with the fans, but I disagree with his ruling and appeal against it. If Malcolm Reynolds and Han Solo can team up, so can BIONICLE and Hero Factory.

-JR

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

I concur with the other statements here, there's no reason they couldn't be in the same universe, but perhaps just ridiculously so far apart (opposite ends of the universe, perhaps?) that both worlds have never come into contact and have extremely similar evolutions (pan-galactic morphgenic field?). If the man himself says it's unrelated, then fine, but regardless, the fans will cross them over like it's canon anyway.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Did Lesovikk kill Karzhini?

No. It's been confirmed that the disguised Great Being (Velika) killed him, as well as TK. About the "Hero Factory and Bionicle should be in the same canon" discussion: Greg has repeatedly stated that they don't exist in the same universe, no matter how interesting it might be to see the two worlds collide. Since he's stated that they're not set in the same universe, and (presumably) doesn't want to make any canon crossover between the two, then it doesn't make a lot of sense to get on him about it. Also remember that, due to both the Olmak and alternate universes, this doesn't come anywhere close to ruling out fanon crossovers between the two.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Yeah, I was going to write out a long response... but Metamind summed that up nicely. It's been confirmed to be false for story reasons, not because they're different product lines. Fanon? Sure, and we see it a lot. Canon? No. (And as a side not, it's kind of annoying when people misunderstand the canon storyline and believe that Hero Factory and Bionicle are the same thing.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Also remember that, due to both the Olmak and alternate universes, this doesn't come anywhere close to ruling out fanon crossovers between the two.

It should be noted that the alternate dimensions in BIONICLE are still very much a BIONICLE-universe thing, and has not pulled in anything from other fictional universes. Mixing two brands just because is not good for keeping the core brand what it was.Crossovers can be cool, and funny, and awesome, but I would not want to see them in main canon. As fans we are of course free to write whatever we like, and that is good, but I want the main BIONICLE series to stay just as "the BIONICLE series" and not "the BIONICLE series plus Star Trek" (for example). There's so much to do in the canon we have established already that I think it would be almost a cop-out to start relying on other series material.

No. It's been confirmed that the disguised Great Being (Velika) killed him, as well as TK.

*heh heh* I knew that.

What mask did Toa Velika wear in the Toa Empire of Alternate Universe? (I ask this specifically because velika is you favorite matoran)

2xu8Ptu.png

No. It's been confirmed that the disguised Great Being (Velika) killed him, as well as TK.
*heh heh* I knew that. What mask did Toa Velika wear in the Toa Empire of Alternate Universe? (I ask this specifically because velika is you favorite matoran)
You probably mean THE KINGDOM amternate dimension? Probably the same as his Matoran form

I'm back!

Are there any mackuta alive?

PLEASE look things up on BS01 before asking questions. As for the answer: two Makuta are still alive in the "main" universe. An alternate Teridax from another universe, and Miserix.

Not everyone knows that BS01 even exists. And it's actually a good question, and one I didn't know the answer to myself until only a few months ago. To Boston100, DuplexBeGreat is correct -- only Miserix and Alt-Teridax still live. Every other Makuta who was still alive by the time Teridax took over the MU was destroyed by Teridax.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I also have an annoying habit of posting before looking it up on BS01 also.

I don't know all the bionicle trivia (example: q: who forged the mask of creation a: the great beings), I'm sure no one does, and Silverglass makes a good point.

Edited by Maranui

2xu8Ptu.png

This first one isn't exactly plot related as such, and not sure if it's fair game for this discussion (by all means put it to the back in favour of questions that help us understand Bionicle more) but simply are we likely to see continuation of the serials any time soon?

I know Greg has said that he will write when he has time etc but just wondering if anything a bit more solid could perhaps be given, not a date or anything like that, just , could we expect an official continuation/ chapter within the next few months, or at all (what with revelations such as who the GB is making it seem less likely, IMO at least, that proper continuations are going to occur). To simplify further, should we continue holding out for a new chapter?This may have been answered to a degree that I would be happy with, or may have been put forward by someone else before me, but not that I personally hace seen (take note that I haven't trawled through this entire topic checking.)

Secondly, is there any news on Varian and what my have happened to her recently. Would something have crushed her stasis tube and free her or, in a more Alien 3 style, killed her? Would a search party have been sent (perhaps by Norik) or did TSO simply take/organise for her to be taken onto Spherus Magna and remain a trophy.

Thanks

Edited by Arcalis
Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:
"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

On the HF and BIONICLE crossover one: it was LEGO's decision to do so (Greg has less rein in the HF universe than he did BIONICLE). Besides, what mandates a crossover? They are two completely separate lines; if Knight's Kingdom was in BIONICLE canon, people would have flipped desks, and there's plenty of people who still hold weird grudges against Hero Factory.

As someone mentioned, there is the recourse of fan fiction; nobody is stopping anybody from writing what they want about it.

Also, Earth is in Hero Factory canon; you want Earth in your bionicles? I sure don't.

This first one isn't exactly plot related as such, and not sure if it's fair game for this discussion (by all means put it to the back in favour of questions that help us understand Bionicle more) but simply are we likely to see continuation of the serials any time soon?

I know Greg has said that he will write when he has time etc but just wondering if anything a bit more solid could perhaps be given, not a date or anything like that, just , could we expect an official continuation/ chapter within the next few months, or at all (what with revelations such as who the GB is making it seem less likely, IMO at least, that proper continuations are going to occur). To simplify further, should we continue holding out for a new chapter?This may have been answered to a degree that I would be happy with, or may have been put forward by someone else before me, but not that I personally hace seen (take note that I haven't trawled through this entire topic checking.)

Secondly, is there any news on Varian and what my have happened to her recently. Would something have crushed her stasis tube and free her or, in a more Alien 3 style, killed her? Would a search party have been sent (perhaps by Norik) or did TSO simply take/organise for her to be taken onto Spherus Magna and remain a trophy.

Thanks

Greg is busy with Hero Factory, Legends of Chima, and most likely Ninjago if that does end up coming back, among other things, so there isn't really a chance for any new serials any time soon, and hasn't been for some time now (sorry if you've been holding your breath for that one =P).

On Varian: Greg has said before that she survived the quake, in stasis, but beyond that would have been future serial stuff, which he wouldn't plan out ahead of time anyway.

Ah, well that's a bit annoying. Having re read yesterday quest recently got me in the mood. It's annoying that it is all left in mid action/ story, just a chapter or so to keep me ticking over would be fantastic ahaha.

Well seeing as my old stories are in the archives, and don't see to be reachable, there isn't much for me to put here right now. So hope you are having a good day, and try not to fall into any trans-dimensional portals I guess. Lastly, to round things off with a quote:
"Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?"

Are there any mackuta alive?

PLEASE look things up on BS01 before asking questions. As for the answer: two Makuta are still alive in the "main" universe. An alternate Teridax from another universe, and Miserix.
Not everyone knows that BS01 even exists. And it's actually a good question, and one I didn't know the answer to myself until only a few months ago. To Boston100, DuplexBeGreat is correct -- only Miserix and Alt-Teridax still live. Every other Makuta who was still alive by the time Teridax took over the MU was destroyed by Teridax.
To add to that, they weren't all destroyed by Teridax directly, he set some of them up to die(Makuta in Karda Nui).

I couldn't find this one anywhere, so...

Why was there never any actual sets/main storyline characters based on any of the other elements (Sonics, Plasma etc.)? Only the six main Toa elements, light, and shadow has been used. This looks to me like a wasted opportunity.

P.S. Gresh doesn't count.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Of course Gresh doesn't count. Since Glatorians and Agori don't naturally have elemental powers and their 'elements' aren't the same as the MU (like Sand) they're exempt from your question. But I agree it is a wasted opportunity. It's part of the reason I wish there'd been some kind of 'collectible Matoran' box a la Metru Nui matoran with a different colour scheme in each box. That would have been entertaining.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Aw! I was going to ask if Matoran could be transgender.

That is kind of the most ridiculous question I have ever thought, but it's been bugging me for ages as to whether a trans* Matoran, for example MtF, would have a male or female element.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

The vahi was one of the legendary masks of power (the other two being the masks of creation and life) but it was crafted by vakama. Was it origionally planned by the great beings for there to be a mask of time?

Edited by Mairanui

2xu8Ptu.png

Why did Velika kill Tren Krom and Karzahni?

From what I know, it's because he thinks SM doesn't need them anymore, so he goes out and eliminates powerful beings that may pose a threat to the Agori. I'm not too sure, but I'm pretty sure that that's what I read,

Well, that makes up a good excuse for murdering license. :P

-G u u R a h K

I asked this a while back, I just touched it up and added a little more to it.

Does pit mutagen mutate beings based on the appearance of surrounding creatures, adapting them to the environment, their personality, or just at random? Is it possible that an alternate purpose of pit mutagen was to mutate beings to survive in extreme conditions?

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Is there any way we could get a list of beings (that we care about) on the red star?

We know it's prett much all the inhabitants within the MU that died with a body. So prett much everyone that dies, except the Makuta, Matoro, etc. But it would include beings like Lhikan, Mavrah(we know that), Sidorak, etc. Edited by Takua Dragonstar7

What happend to strak

also are there any makuta or shadow matoran alive?

If I recall correctly, Strakk is currently living in the Wastelands due to his exile.There are only two remaining Makuta; Miserix and the alternate Teridax.All of the Shadow Matoran except for Vultraz were cured and brought back to Metru Nui (and later relocated to Spherus Magna). Vultraz is currently in an alternate universe being experimented on by Great Beings.

Why did Velika kill Tren Krom and Karzahni?

They were powerful wild cards that could have posed a threat to his ambitions.

coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |