• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

How Many Eyes Does "Ancient" Have?

Ancient

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 30-January 11
  • 3,283 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 08:34 PM

I just have a quick question about the Dark Hunter "Ancient": How many eyes does he have? It's almost impossible to tell on his model. Does he have just one eye? Does he have two eyes, but insists on keeping his head at an awkward angle? Does he have three eyes?Thank you.-Void

#2 Online TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 06-April 10
  • 1,727 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:03 PM

You just gave me a whole new perspective on the Ancient model.Great. Another thing to keep me up at night.My gut tells me it's just two eyes, but I'm not 100% sure.

soundtracks.jpg

#3 Offline One-Eyed Construct

One-Eyed Construct
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 19-July 12
  • 4,098 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:05 PM

I think it's two; that red thing on the top of his head might just be a decorative gemstone.

#4 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,127 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:43 PM

I do believe it's two, and his head is just depicted at an odd angle. Not completely certain, though. If he had an abnormal number of eyes I think one of his pages somewhere would have mentioned it; Kalmah obviously has three eyes but his pages say so anyways. :lol:

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#5 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,302 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 09:50 PM

The head is at an odd angle. He just has two eyes.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#6 Offline ~T1S~

~T1S~
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 21-June 10
  • 1,685 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:27 PM

Remember, he and the Shadowed One are from the same species, (Greg says so, but I still say they look absolutely NOTHING alike.) and the Shadowed one only has two eyes. So unless he was mutated or something, it should only be two eyes.Posted Image

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

Recent stuff: ECDR-1000 (BFTGM), EDIT: Move over, Dareth!, 2015 ~T1S~,  EDIT: Vote Mata Nui

#7 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

• 13-June 06
  • 9,678 posts

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:29 PM

It is clearly a parietal eye. Yep.~B~

sands_banner.jpg

#8 Offline I Am A Walrus

I Am A Walrus
  • Master of Poison Loose

• 09-April 10
  • 5,597 posts

Posted Nov 05 2012 - 10:52 PM

I always assumed it was two eyes. (I assume that with all Bionicle characters unless told otherwise.)

What's up? I'm a Walrus now. B-)

Check out my Bionicle short stories The Agori and A Skakdi Horror Story.

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#9 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,127 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 07:10 AM

It is clearly a parietal eye. Yep.~B~

Yes, the Tuatara is an amazing animal.

#10 Offline Makuta Matata

Makuta Matata
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 17-March 09
  • 1,367 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 11:01 AM

I never noticed that I always assumed he was looking down. But looking at again, he could have 3 eyes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#11 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 20-April 06
  • 2,784 posts

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 12:03 PM

I always figured he was looking down. If he is, then it's no different to any Rahkshi or Rahaga. If it isn't, well that's a new perspective. Anyone know the original creator? You never know with competition winners.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#12 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 21-April 07
  • 2,371 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 01:12 PM

I believe it's only two, and he's just looking down.Also, look at the pic of him on BS01. Why is there a floating brushing next to his left hand?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#13 Online TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 06-April 10
  • 1,727 posts

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 02:20 PM

The blacks in that image aren't very inky; it just LOOKS like it's floating.

soundtracks.jpg

#14 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 02:54 PM

Remember, he and the Shadowed One are from the same species, (Greg says so, but I still say they look absolutely NOTHING alike.) and the Shadowed one only has two eyes. So unless he was mutated or something, it should only be two eyes.Posted Image

Well also keep in mind that TSO is extremely aged. IMHO, I think it's just 2 and the thing on top is just an extra connector. However, look at this pic of TSOhttp://biosector01.c...hadowed_One.pngThat white piece at the top of his head looks slightly like it. Possibly an aged eye that is now blind? That would explain the white color.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#15 Offline Zox Tomana

Zox Tomana
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Armored Protector

• 04-June 09
  • 313 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 03:50 PM

It is only two eyes. The reason you see the red-orange on the top of his head is simply because of the way the Rahkshi head is built.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana

#16 Offline Magnetic Vorahk

Magnetic Vorahk
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 03-September 06
  • 287 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 03:53 PM

Ohhhhh, yeah. Whether or not that's an eye on TSO, those are probably the same bodypart.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

And now; our long, long wait is finally over.

#17 Offline Takhamavahu

Takhamavahu
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 15-December 04
  • 1,196 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 05:38 PM

He's got a Rahkshi head. It's got two eyes. The hole in the top of his head is no more likely to be an eye than it is on the Rahkshi or Rahaga, which it isn't.

Edited by Takhamavahu, Nov 06 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#18 Offline T.B.O.C

T.B.O.C
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 21-April 07
  • 2,371 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 07:52 PM

Well, you've got to remember that Ancient is a fan-model, while TSO is a combiner, so he was limited by parts selection. They shouldn't look alike at all.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

#19 Offline ~T1S~

~T1S~
  • Members

• 21-June 10
  • 1,685 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 06 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well, you've got to remember that Ancient is a fan-model, while TSO is a combiner, so he was limited by parts selection. They shouldn't look alike at all.

I know that, but Greg made that decision later on, even though they looked nothing alike. It wasn't mentioned that they were from the same species in any media, except for in the OGD a while back, I believe.

Comics>>t1scomicbanner_by_t1shadow-d80jnae.jpgvultrazandcobanner_by_t1shadow-d80jn6b.j<<Comedy

Recent stuff: ECDR-1000 (BFTGM), EDIT: Move over, Dareth!, 2015 ~T1S~,  EDIT: Vote Mata Nui

#20 Offline The Legendary TNT

The Legendary TNT
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 22-August 12
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 02:41 PM

I know that, but Greg made that decision later on, even though they looked nothing alike. It wasn't mentioned that they were from the same species in any media, except for in the OGD a while back, I believe.

No, it says so in the Dark Hunters Book.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

#21 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 22-October 12
  • 1,306 posts

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 02:49 PM

Anyway just a hole in his head like rahkshii and rahaga he is just looking down

I'm back!

#22 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,127 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 05:10 PM

No, it says so in the Dark Hunters Book.

Not exactly- just says they're from the same island.Well, since this has clearly been resolved... lock, anyone? :lol:

#23 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,823 posts

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 08:36 PM

I always interpreted them as being from the same species even before Greg confirmed that. They have similar body structures (although TSO uses his tail as a third leg), similarly reptilian-looking faces, and similar claws.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 30-January 11
  • 3,283 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 09:04 PM

Well, since this has clearly been resolved... lock, anyone? :lol:

So, general consensus is that Ancient has two eyes.With a possible parietal eye. :P I'll second locking the topic.Anyway, thank you so much guys. :biggrin:

#25 Offline ~T1S~

~T1S~
  • Members

• 21-June 10
  • 1,685 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 07 2012 - 10:31 PM

I always interpreted them as being from the same species even before Greg confirmed that. They have similar body structures (although TSO uses his tail as a third leg), similarly reptilian-looking faces, and similar claws.

It was in the guide? I don't remember that. I recall it saying they were from the same island,*Checks* Yeah, it just says that Ancient is a "native of [TSO's] home island." More than one species can originate from the same place, but Greg later revealed that they were from the same species. I'm just saying they hardly look anything alike.Posted Image

#26 Offline darkslizer

darkslizer
  • Members
  • Toa

• 02-June 12
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 18 2012 - 12:51 PM

He's got a Rahkshi head. It's got two eyes. The hole in the top of his head is no more likely to be an eye than it is on the Rahkshi or Rahaga, which it isn't.

Yeah...I just assumed that he had two eyes, because of the Rahkshi head. Maybe, however, one eye got clawed out by something big and carnivorous and now he insists on showing his head at a weird angle all the time. Or at least for the camera....

Edited by darkslizer, Nov 18 2012 - 12:51 PM.

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply.                Create.                  Consume.

#27 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 04-September 09
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 10:23 PM

Ancient's head looks completely like a Rahkshi's head, so I think Ancient has two eyes, but his head is in an odd angle, which makes his head look like that it is looking down at something.
I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#28 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,127 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 20 2012 - 10:33 PM

Yes, I think we've established the answer to this question. So should this be locked now? :lol:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users