The Best Laid Plans: Gameplay Topic

IC:

"At face!" Potas yelled at his men in front of men. "Ready!" His men faced his left, and loaded their guns. "Aim!" They set their sights on the targets in front of them. "Fire!" They fired until their magazines ran out.

It was just a practice round in case any thing with armed men come around. Today it was paper targets for the men. Tomorrow, real training soldiers.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Avolka / Gearheadville - Avolka's Workshop

'You're paralysed from the waist down and I'm not sure I have the replacement parts.' I didn't mince words. 'The good news is, the holster is installed, and by the looks of it,' I held the hoverboard above her back, and it was immediately stuck to it. 'working fine. You can consciously turn the electromagnets on and off, when required. But, for now, it's a bit useless until I can repair your spine.'

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC:

Although the darkness around me may negate the intended affect, my face shifts into an expression of amused pride at Mantox's requests. Well, I say requests -- to my auditory receptors, they sounded more like demands, or orders. I guess that's where the "amused" part of my visage comes in; for someone who knows so much about me, you'd think he would know why I'm nicknamed "The Gunner".

"I must say, Mr. Mantox," I reply, entwining my fingers together, "Your... requests are certainly thoroughly thought out. I'm rather impressed, I will admit that much right off the bat.

"However, on the last point -- about the access to resources -- I will add something to our contract: anything that you wish to have procured by me must have a good reason behind it. I know your kind, the Gumshoes; and I can see countless scenarios in which you'd abuse such power to aid in other lines of investigation. And we just can't have that, can we?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Leyana

"You seem to know a lot about swords, though that hardly surprises me." On a more subconscious level I edged toward the end of the roof and began to watch for signs of trouble, it was just something you picked up after being a cop for a while.

Welp, this is pretty boring. I glanced at Krax, he was alright for a conversation about weapons and just policing in general, but he wasn't really the type to talk about the more simple stuff, like just living life, hanging out with friends, shopping...

I blinked, I actually didn't really do any of those things did I? At least not often. I was always working. "Well, I've got to get back to work...if you see any signs of trouble, don't hesitate to call me if you want some backup."

With that I leaped off the rooftop, my powers over air slowed and cushioned my fall and I landed rather softly. Slowly I made my way back the way I'd come from through the alleyways. Maybe if I was lucky I could catch some unsuspecting crooks, coppers didn't usually travel this way, especially not alone.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

The race was very heated. She really comes close to my car in power. She was taking shortcuts around the raceway, and more importantly, some of these turns were hard to maneuver. I slammed the gas to the floor, as I saw the finish line in my sights. And no opponent in sight. Then in 500 yards, she came out of an alley, roaring behind me.

I kept my car in front of her at all times. There is no way that I'm going to lose to some muscle girl. Then we crossed the line. I won, and she lost. She rolled up beside my right and rolled down her window. She said, "Nice driving there. But there's no way that you can control this turf."

"What do you mean?"

"All of the outskirts of Gearheadville, is controlled by us. The 21st. All of the western side is controlled by the Muliks. the center to western area is controlled by the Alshudo. And the high north is controlled by the Stacked Shots. If you're going to beat us, and them, you're going to have to win more races. Until then, tata."

She sped away, and left me there to ponder. If I gain the territory, that gives me a load of cash to receive. Looks like it's time to get to work.

IC: Liluke (Workshop)

She sighs, reflecting on how it's nice to have a purely robotic body for once as she detaches her useless legs and flips herself over with just her arms, turning to look at the mechanic.

"Alright. We can deal with this, then. I know a few people who could get me the parts you'll need to fix my back and legs, though it'll be tough without letting my bosses know. They'd kill me for letting the 'bot get damaged, even if it was a honest mistake by one with good intentions.

Plus, because I'm the spirit of a Vo-Toa, I should be able to control the basic functions of the legs if you can hook up a temporary reroute. I'll know how to manipulate the current to do my bidding, even if I don't truly control Lightning anymore."

The Maxilos' head turns to look into Alvolka's eyes, unblinking.

"And you're coming with me, whether you want to or not. Mistake or not, I'd be a Karzahni-brain to let you just walk away, being crippled as I am."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

'Finally, someone who speaks my language.' I grinned ear to ear. 'I know where I can get the parts, but unfortunately, the bank's closed, so we either wait this out until morning, or commit some cr-...... very illegitimate activities, in order to obtain the parts or money.' I tapped my fingers together, struggling to maintain my facade as a by-the-book mechanic.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC | Vakann | GearheadvilleWalking through Gearheadville was so different and refreshing after being caged up in the stuffiness of his little lair in the Ghetto for so long. Vakann sucked air in, flaring his nostrils as he savoured the smell and taste and cleanness of his surroundings. He walked with abandon, not bothering to pay attention to his peripheral vision or even to flick his head back every once in a while to check for very nice people with very large knives. After all, he was out of mugging-and-robbing territory and in racer territory. The adrenaline junkies here were more likely to off themselves long before they could cause the Skakdi any trouble.

Vakann lugged some parts over his shoulders, the crumpled remains of an engine taken from the carcass of a vehicle that was totaled so bad it would cost more to patch it up than it would to buy a completely new rig anyway. Normally, what little ethical restraint the Skakdi had would keep his eager hands off of the wreck, but times were tough, and he wasn't the only vulture on the scene. More likely than not, some towing bottom-feeder would scuttle in and drag it off to a scrapyard where it would sit and rust, completely useless to anyone who could use the parts.

A hunter's pride bubbled up within Vakann's chest, prompting him to give a Skakdi grin. He whistled a jaunty tune as he lugged the engine around, satisfied with his conquest.

Edited by Iota

matanuinuvabanner.gif

IC: Elirahk

So I'm back.

Surprising, I know.

Pretty amazing that I haven't died within the few... however long it's been... since one last saw my devilishly handsome face. Still alive. Walking around. Making weapons. Selling things.

Anyway, Shorty's little thing didn't take too long, and ended up being pretty normal in terms of things I've done. I mean, really. He's probably going to call me again for something else, give me another cut of the deal and all that. All well and good for me and all, even if it did get a bit tedious working with others. Following directions had never really been one of my strong points. And it probably showed.

Anyway, I had some time, and a bit of extra cash, and I didn't feel like spending any more time holed up in my shop, sooooo... Where did that take me? Why outside out course. Where one can spend their hard earned money (extremely hard earned in most cases) on things that will be used once, before being sold to another being wandering around. So there I was. Wandering around, looking for something that I most definitely didn't need. My purple and black armor did blend in quite nicely to the mass of beings in the area, as my keen eyes scanned the crowd. I wasn't looking for anyone in particular, I wasn't looking for anyone at all, actually, but when you lived here, you learned to watch everything. If you preferred living, that is.

A hint of green intermixed with some dashes of gold caught my attention, and I lazily turned my head to get a better view of who it was, and try and figure out why my mind had picked it out within the sea of beings. Oh. Hey, look. It's that one cop. The clingy one. Who almost got both of us killed while hovering over a sixty bio drop. Yeah, I remembered her. Don't think she saw me yet...

Throwing caution to the wind, I started following the copper, hesitating only slightly as she went into an alleyway. I had my pistol, so I felt mildly more reassured about going into such a place. For the most part, I stayed well behind her, far enough away not to draw any attention whatsoever. Eventually, though, I couldn't help myself.

"Dangerous thing to be doing," I commented idly, suddenly less than a foot away from the Toa of Air, having closed the distance between us with a little help from my elemental power. Didn't make any footsteps when your feet weren't actually touching the ground, right? "Walking around here alone."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I know that voice...Despite myself I slowly turned around to face Elirahk, it really wasn't the proper thing to do in this situation, being surprised like this, but if he had wanted to kill me, I'd already have been dead.

"Oh what, you decided to pay me back for following you so you decided to stalk me? You do understand how easy it would be for me to file charges right?" I acted tough, though the fact that this guy had snuck up on me and caught me so unawares made me very nervous. I had my hand ready to draw my gun, just in case.

Edited by A billion cats

I gave a noncommittal shrug, taking a half a step back form the green-armored copper, though I couldn't move much further in the confines of the alleyway. "You could, though I might worm my way out through arguably legal questionable methods," I pointed out, and it wasn't completely a lie. Completely. I saw her hand move towards her pistol, and looked ready to draw it if I so much as blinked funny. Smart move, especially in a place like this. "Isn't that right?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Heh." I gave a smirk, this guy was quite sure of himself, he most definitely wasn't your average hooligan. He had actually had some brains. Of course that made him dangerous to be sure.

"Right now, yeah you could easily worm your way out...I mean it's not like I'm recording all this." Okay, so that was a bluff, I wasn't recording anything. But he wouldn't know that.

"Or we could do neither and use my money to get the parts, with say.. 50% of the cost of the parts being deleted from your payment."

It's a blunt tactic, safer than illegal activities, and quicker than waiting for morn'.

"Perhaps less if I'm feeling good and you've made up for your mistake."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC. Ryjak.The drug was quickly reviewed by his contact, and as Elirahk disappeared, Ryjak's team was close to doing the same. The trucks were loaded hastily, but with a degree of carefulness as to not upset the explosives laden inside. Four men jumped inside the back, and closed the doors. Ryjak and another man hopped in the cabin while anyone left melted away from the area. The group was gone without a trace. The truck began down the street, small enough to be nondescript. He was headed for Gearheadville, where this stuff was in high demand and people could pay handsomely. So far, the plan was going swimmingly. Not that he expected any aberrations- Boom manufacturers weren't exactly detectives. Most of the time, the drug was easy pickings, and from what he heard this time had been no exception.Ryjak's operation moved into Gearheadville flawlessly. The vehicle parked in an alleyway, the back up against a garage door. The hatch opened and the four men came moving out, transporting he drug into the building. Crates of the stuff were opened, stripped of explosives, and stacked. Ryjak stepped out of the track and made his way to the back, ready to collect his money.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC(Drox, TT Bar): This guy was good. This game of wits was almost as much fun as any of my interrogations. The man was clearly used to doing business with my kind. I wasn't going to be able to slip in much in this contract. Oh, well. My other contacts would provide me with the rest of the access I needed. In reply, I gave him my lopsided grin. "No, you wouldn't. I would, but that's not going to happen, so I'd best get used to disappointment. I myself have one more item to add to the contract. In order to keep you from tailing me, and finding my home or place of business, I will designate drop points where you can find reports of my investigation. I will keep you regularly posted on the results of my investigation."

"So," I asked. "Do you accept the terms of the contract?"

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

"You're not recording? So I guess it's safe to say that I recently committed the horrible crime of giving away a billion adorable muaka kittens to various animal shelters, huh?"

I gave an award-winning grin. Or it would be award winning if there were any such awards for something like that. Still, totally would be award winning, because that's just how I roll, y'know?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

I made my way back to the shop. As I was slowly making my way, I decided to get a drink at a bar nearby. I made sure to park it where I can see it. Soon that drink turned into a bite.

OOC: Flaredrick open for interaction

IC:

Potas made his way to the training field, now that his men were gone. He hated the power inside his gun, and how slow it refires. The fire rate is almost like firing and reloading an RPG. Either way, it was good at taking out small crowds,and killing one person if he aimed it right. He setup three targets close together, and aimed his drill/rifle. He fired, and the burst pushed him back a couple of feet. The projectile made it's way to the targets, and exploded on impact.

It was a small explosion, not big enough to be like a grenade. The targets were now all torn and had holes in it. Proves the effectiveness of his gun, even if it was paper targets. At least tomorrow he can try with with actual targets that move and react, than some inanimate object that can be blown to shreds easily.

IC - Reelyz:

Reelyz walked along the alleyway, going over his evidence.

Which is to say, he was going over nothing.

Despite his best efforts, currently he was at a standstill, not really able to progress further, The Suits were proving fairly uncooperative as well, restricting access to certain areas for "security reasons" as they put it.

He soon emerged into the heart of Phan-Metru. Bustling, Matoran and Toa going about their daily lives. Kind of awkward, not being given the respect you deserve when you're in the midst of a busy crowd. The occasional bow or salute, but nothing more.

Then he saw it. A green wisp, about 10 meters up. Faint, but visible.

Reelyz planned out his route to it...

OOC - Reelyz is open for any interaction.

Edited by SonicBOOM XS

Undergoing Renovations...

I flicked the back of her neck, and the electromagnets holding her board were deactivated. 'Don't tell anyone about that, design fault I still haven't worked out yet.' I slid the hoverboard underneath where her legs once were, so she wouldn't have to lope around on her hands. 'So, shall we be off then?' I jumped, threw my own board down, and kicked it into life. 'Onwards!' Before I set off, I suddenly remembered that she would be leading. 'Ummm... could you?'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: [Vod] - Bar, Typewriter Town

I match Mantox's lopsided grin with a serene smirk of my own, quickly and methodically writing out a short message on my notepad, before tearing the sheet off and sliding it over to him. A single line of sketchy, black text mars its otherwise clean, cream surface: The holder of this document [Mr. Mantox] is not to detained in any situation without the immediate approval of the undersigned. - Antiro Vod

"I believe that's what you requested," I say, "Your contract seems reasonable enough; it will be a pleasure working with you.

"Now then, where will I find your first drop point, Mr. Mantox?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Of course."

She takes a few seconds to get used to using the board without legs, and then glides over to the door and heads outside. Once there, she takes a second to orient herself in the city, and then motions for Alvolka to follow as she glides off.

The path they're taking isn't one that one would normally seem to take, it's like they're heading for Typewriter Town instead of deeper into Gearheadville or even towards the Stab 'n Grab.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC(Drox, TT Bar):

I smile. Mission accomplished, I think. I've landed the big fist. Now I just need a good lead on the situation. But that won't be too hard. I know every scumbag in Gearheadville. One of them should be able to tell me something.

I break away from my musings to reply to Vod. "Your first drop point will be under this table, wedged between the tabletop and the stand that extends from it to the floor. Expect a report in two days, the two days starting tomorrow. Keep in mind, though, that if this signature isn't in your true handwriting, I will come after you. I'm not afraid of what your coppers might do."

I stood, and readjusted my coat, motioning for Watcher to come. "It will be a pleasure working with you sir. Just don't try to follow me."

I stepped out of the bar, and onto the street. The day had become colder, and I buttoned the duster I was wearing. I stepped off the curb, and headed towards the other side of the road. On the other side of the four-way crossing, I waited for Watcher to come out of the bar.

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC | Vakann | Gearheadville

As Vakann lugged the hovercraft guts on his shoulder, he chanced by a duo of strangers on hoverboards. From what he could tell, one of them was a Toa of some sort dolled up in red, probably a firebug from how Toa loved to color-coordinate. Whoever this hoverboarder was, he wasn't too out of place in the streets of Gearheadville; he even had one of those fancy magnification lenses attached to his face. Very tacky, but Vakann knew firsthand that it got the job done when you needed to work on a machine. It would probably do a number on his depth perception, but hey, to each his own.

He normally would have let boarders like that whiz off into the dust and get mauled by whatever speed-demon road-hog noun-hyphen-noun monstrosity-of-the-day Gearheadville had to offer, but the person leading in front of the firebug Toa caught his eye. It wasn't every day that you got to see a big, bulky robot out in the open, especially not boarding about in the dust and oil of Gearheadville, and especially, especially not without the benefit of legs. Before they could zoom past him, Vakann gave them the friendliest grin he could manage with a head chock-full of bone-crusher teeth and spoke--more shouted--in a tone that nearly passed as amicable.

"Hey, firebug! Boarderbot! Where you two headed?!"

Hoho, smooth as always, Vakann.

Edited by Iota

matanuinuvabanner.gif

OOC: Wow, it feels longer than a week.

IC:

After finishing my meal I headed back to my ride. I hopped in and started it up. I gave it two hard taps on the gas, which made the engine roar to life. I backed out of the drive way and onto the road. I headed in the same direction in which he came, and saw a Skakdi talking to some people. I think he needs to get some dental implants, cause that grin does not make me happy.

IC:

Potas and his men stood back out on the field. This time it was live training, with live targets. Criminals whose sentence was death, were put to the work as targets for Potas' men. They were to simulate live targets with weapons, so that the soldiers could get used to what will happen. Currently the convicts are restrained.

"Alright men, when they come out of their restraints, shoot to kill." Potas said to his men.

OOC:

Flaredrick, you just got some interaction. *Manical Laughing*

IC: Unit #1

The Ta Toa was in jail after Unit #1 had captured him. The giant Vahki strode through the police headquarters, looking for something new to take on. Then, it came to him. An annoucment came over the speakers, "Unit #1, please report to the office."

The Kranua got there, and sat down. His superior said, "Armed robbery. Criminals are there. With your tough armor, we want you in extraction."

IC: Koglar

The Toa of Crystal sat down and looked at his boss. "Koglar, we have a story. We have reason to believe that criminals are being shot in training exercises for the military. They run around, aren't blindfolded, it's a terrible abuse of human rights. Go get on it."

Koglar arrived at the military installation. He heard gunfire coming from inside and walked in. A secretary came up to him and started saying how Koglar couldn't be there. Koglar stood back and said, "Alright then. I'll just make the accusation that you're shooting prisoners for a training exercise without actually getting a firsthand conformation. I have reason to believe that its happening"

Koglar looked at the training field. It was true. This was absolutely sickening. He yelled, "Who is in charge here?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Cease fire!" Potas ordered, and the guns stopped. Potas turned around not looking to happy. He saw a Toa of Crystal, at the gate, a Gumshoe. The one class that he hates had to be here. His gun was in hand, and he was about to fire at a convict. "I am in charge, now if you mind, we're in the middle of training."

"I'm not blind. But this, this is a violation of basic rights. Suits argue if the death penalty should be kept, but they all agree that it should be done in the most humane way. How is running around a field, being shot at by soldiers humane? We have robots for this purpose. Besides, what war are we fighting that requires soldiers to have a good shot? Last I checked, we're not fighting any wars. Plus, if you're training police, lethal force is only used in discretion."

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC:

"Which is way I hate incompetent personnel who don't chase away people like you!" He yells at the Toa standing next to him. "You are fired. Get out of my sight!" The Toa goes away crying (can they cry?). "Now I train troops to be the elite of the all the Coppers. I prepare them for anything. Armed robbery, hostage takeovers, and more that require lethal force. These criminals have been sentenced to death, and I have selected them to be executed here for this purpose. they ARE armed, and they WILL fire back. This is to show them how to deal with real life situations when they happen."

A convict tires to escape by jumping over the fence, but Potas catches him from the corner of his eye. He aims and fires without leaving his eyes from there position. The round goes towards the convict and hits him, killing him with the shear power inside his gun.

"Why didn't any of you contain him?!"

"You didn't say anything," One of them responded.

"Next time you do that again, I'll strip your rank. And don't you even think of interviewing him." He turns to the Crystal Toa with anger.

He sighs, and wipes his face with his hand in stress. "You clearly should have not have seen this, but nothing can prepare them for real life training with paper targets. Real targets are the key, live ammo, no fake rounds, and protective armor. Once they get out in the field, it's completely different. Which is why I do this. Now if you excuse me I have to attend to my training exercise. Leave."

The Toa of Crystal looked at Potas, scowling. Crystal pillars erupted from the ground around Potas, one knocking his gun out of his hand. More pillars erupted around the ground all around the training area, each knocking the weapons of their captives out of their hands.

Another, final, larger pillar erupted from below Koglar and started to raise him into the air. "Those crystals are the hardest I can make. They are nigh indestructible. And this? This is not a training exercise. This is the biggest violation of rights in the last century. These prisoners deserve more humane forms of execution than ... this!

"We have laws to prevent executions that are like this! This is blatantly illegal and unethical! I am horrified that something like this is happening in a civil environment like this! It sickens me! So what if these men are criminals who have been sentence to death? They don't deserve to die like this!

"Surely robots would be both practical, and ethical! You program them quite well, give them weapons and once they die, you can use them again! And they aren't even alive, strictly speaking! I know this is what the Glatorian said about us, but we are better than the robots we make!

"Whatever the case maybe, whatever the outcome is, the public backlash you will face here will be a tsunami! You will not do this! Robots can simulate the same thing you are doing here!"

The Toa of Crystal rarely lost his temper, but it was gone now.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Raskino / Training Yard

As Koglar began to lose his temper, narrow sightedness was sinking in, and making him the perfect target for another figure. Raskino, the hooded figure from before, rose behind him via telekinesis, in almost complete silence, and let lose a power lock Rhotuka spinner that would completely negate Koglar's crystal power.

Let's step back.

Over the last day, practically, Koglar had gotten a little too deep into things. The antidermis story was one of those said things, and it happened to interfere with Raskino and others who shared his job - keeping secrets buried. Those paper boys dispatched across the city? Taken out, almost one by one, and memory wiped. The boss at Koglar's job? He had met a similar fate the moment the Toa of Crystal left the building. After all, attempting to do it while he was there would be pointless in the long run. Others, who could easily discover the events again, were in far worse situations.

Sure, a few still knew. But one, two people, proclaiming such hard to believe statements? Nobody would believe them.

Koglar, and possibly one or two compatriots who Raskino would track down, was the missing link. Two things could happen now - loss of memory, or loss of life. Time to see which.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)