• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG News and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
8374 replies to this topic

#8361 Offline badabababa obesity

badabababa obesity
  • Members
  • Fragmentation Mended

• 6,630 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 11:29 PM

My only tip would be to take it easy on the Kualsi. Teleporting behind/through things is difficult, especially in the heat of combat. Otherwise you haven't broken any rules as fsr as I can see.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

#8362 Offline Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 11:35 PM

Since we know nothing about how Mata Nui was populated, secondary element Matoran may always have been on the island.

True dat; no argument here. I guess I didn't really specifically address the 'secondary element' Matoran during my spiel; it was more the Vortixx, Skakdi, etc., that I had in mind. Two whole different kettles of fish, to be sure.

- TBRPG Character Profiles -

{ BZPRPG | FTL }

#8363 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 08:58 AM

Alternatively, they were already here.

We have no idea how Mata Nuian society was founded, other than that the Turaga was in charge. It was implied at one point during last season that the Turaga were indeed Toa a la the Metru, but since they obviously were Toa at some point by virtue of being Turaga, that means nothing. Since we don't know Metru Nui existed, there may very well not have been the demographic limitations when Mata Nui was civilized.

Since we know nothing about how Mata Nui was populated, secondary element Matoran may always have been on the island.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm writing Casanuva and Vakua like they are amnesiacs from Karda Nui. Any place with somewhat advanced tech would work, but thats what I am doing. :shrugs:

#8364 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 10:19 AM

Sorry, but Karda Nui doesn't exist here. :-/

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#8365 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,174 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 11:27 AM

Sorry, but Karda Nui doesn't exist here. :-/

Correct. To quote the Starter Topic (because now I can! :D):

Q: I want my character to originally come from Bara Magna, Zakaz, or somewhere else exotic. Can my character’s back-story involve foreign places?

A: Sorry to harsh your buzz, but that’s not okay. Here’s the thing about the BZPRPG universe: it isn’t the BIONICLE universe, not exactly. Although ours is a game founded in many parts of the BIONICLE canon, there are parts of the canon that we deliberately discard or ignore, notably among those almost every known location, several known species, and a truckload of universe history. For example: the BZPRPG world isn’t actually a giant robot body; there’s only one Makuta in our universe, and he’s a primeval force of darkness; there aren’t Dark Hunters; what’s a Bohrok?; etc. Disregarding these discrepancies by, say, stating in your character’s profile that she/he is originally from Zakaz and was once a Dark Hunter would therefore be contrary to the fabric of the BZPRPG world.

Q: So let me get this straight: I’m not allowed to refer IC or in my character’s profile to… well, to what exactly? What elements of the BIONICLE canon exist in the BZPRPG?

A: Unless something from the BIONICLE canon is explicitly acknowledged by a staff source to exist in the BZPRPG, it cannot be assumed to exist in the BZPRPG universe. To get a better feel of the BZPRPG world and how it’s diverged from the BIONICLE timeline, take a look at the Plot Overview that can be found in the following post, in the various location topics, and in the allowed lists in the Profiles Topic. If something from the BIONICLE canon isn’t mentioned in any of those places, odds are good it’s not part of our game universe. If you’ve still got questions as to whether a particular part of the BIONICLE canon exists in the BZPRPG, just ask a staff member for clarification.

If, like Keeper of Kraata, any of you have backstories that run contrary to these guidelines, I'd like to ask you to please change them.

14724951249_3a64db3ca1.jpg

#8366 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 11:51 AM

If you look at their profiles, they never mention Karda Nui. I didn't initially create them like that; only that they are strangers to the island of Mata Nui, much like the original toa, but a little less blank slate. I just thought it would be amusing as a mental exercise if they were from there. Honestly, I'm getting a bit tired of this Schrodinger's canon; I can completely understand making up new stuff, but selectively ignoring elements is confusing. For example, the Piraka are a thing. All right, interesting. Dark Hunters are not a thing. But if that's true, how were they brought together? The Dark Hunters figure heavily into the Piraka's backstory.

#8367 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 12:00 PM

They have a different backstory is all. We were already shown that Zaktan got his protodite powers from antidermis rather than the Dark Hunters.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#8368 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 12:03 PM

Glaaaaaaauuuuuurgh this canon makes my brain hurt...

#8369 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 12:15 PM

It helps if you look at the BZPRPG as something separate from canon rather than canon with a new spin on it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#8370 Offline Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 12:58 PM

It helps if you look at the BZPRPG as something separate from canon rather than canon with a new spin on it.

True dat. It's not at all strange or difficult once you get used to it; it's really just a matter of perspective. Think simple, tribal, biomechanic. Think old school new. Don't think so much about the sprawling, awesome-but-slightly-stale complexity that BIONICLE GregF canon became, think about the legend-worthy wilderness island of magic and mystery it was. :)

- TBRPG Character Profiles -

{ BZPRPG | FTL }

#8371 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,841 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 09:49 PM

Dang, if the new sets weren't implicitly announced. I do think I would have left the site entirely. Firstly, let me apologize to all I've left with loose plotlines. School, work and such took a deal of the summer, and I came to the verge of abandoning BZP due to inactivity. But with a generation of fans forthcoming, and the possibility of a new generation of players to revive the BZPRPG, I felt confident to return. I will not be extremely active, but I will be around. I hope to become once again active in the community.

I don't know what happened in the past couple of months, and am coming in blind. What is currently happening? What can my characters join? Has anyone left? I just need a quick recap, as I do think the MNW archive is a tad out of date. Once I'm caught up, I'll return with Shajs, Larikon, and Senavysh posts. And if you have erstwhile plotlines to resolve with me, send me a PM, please. I'll work to continue or finish them.  

"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have"-Robert House

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Junyaus-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an

#8372 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 11:32 PM

House! You're back! :celebrate:

To get you back up to speed:

-New Players' guide topic completed just yesterday.

-Empress Yusanora assassinated.

-A lot of effort to bring new players and veterans together by involving stuff

-Many new player plots

-Many new players

-Second Matoran contest finished, winners announced

And other stuff

The Brotherhood has been very inactive.

MTG Dual Colour

#8373 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,174 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Aug 22 2014 - 11:32 PM

Our game adheres more or less exactly to the BIONICLE canon experience - meaning its story and, more importantly, what we as an audience knew of its story (had we heard of Dark Hunters back in '01?) at the time - all the way up to when Kopaka betrays the Toa Mata. After that point, the BZPRPG becomes something entirely different from the BIONICLE canon. As such, things like the Piraka - a beloved element of the canon - can get borrowed from the BIONICLE canon without having or needing context, and without having the same ties as they did in the story. They aren't the Piraka of the BIONICLE canon; they're the Piraka of the BZPRPG, and like all characters in the game, we only really know as much about them as the story has told thus far.

The key is not to overthink how we relate back to the BIONICLE canon. It's actually refreshingly simple: we don't relate back to the BIONICLE canon anymore. Everything there is to know about the BZPRPG universe (thus far!) is on full display. There's nothing else you need to confuse yourself over.

14724951249_3a64db3ca1.jpg

#8374 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 03:08 AM

They aren't the Piraka of the BIONICLE canon; they're the Piraka of the BZPRPG, and like all characters in the game, we only really know as much about them as the story has told thus far.

This is where it's at. They share characteristics, looks, and personalities with canon Piraka, but they aren't the same(much as say Drak Mirror Takua and Main Takanuva), or at least, that's what their story up to now heavily suggests.

MTG Dual Colour

#8375 Offline VoxuChro

VoxuChro
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Shadow Reaper

• 3,120 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2014 - 03:22 AM

Dang, if the new sets weren't implicitly announced. I do think I would have left the site entirely. Firstly, let me apologize to all I've left with loose plotlines. School, work and such took a deal of the summer, and I came to the verge of abandoning BZP due to inactivity. But with a generation of fans forthcoming, and the possibility of a new generation of players to revive the BZPRPG, I felt confident to return. I will not be extremely active, but I will be around. I hope to become once again active in the community.

I don't know what happened in the past couple of months, and am coming in blind. What is currently happening? What can my characters join? Has anyone left? I just need a quick recap, as I do think the MNW archive is a tad out of date. Once I'm caught up, I'll return with Shajs, Larikon, and Senavysh posts. And if you have erstwhile plotlines to resolve with me, send me a PM, please. I'll work to continue or finish them.  

Hey Glad to see you back. Hopefully the brotherhood of Ak'rei'an is brought back from the depths of inactivity with your return.. 

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu-Vrina-Voulge-Kidona-Chivinix-Celis-Darvin-Draeverian 'DJ'-

aQ85UI0.png

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

My new Sprite-shop is open.  Click the image above to head over to the topic.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users