BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Not to be a spoilsport, but I think we should keep our younger members in mind while considering this.

Well, now, here's my thoughts. Don't consider this a ruling, by any stretch, but my opinion on the matter.

It isn't a concept we haven't had. The NBZP was particularly infamous, largely for one character, but it was present multiple times. Lohkar in this season burned a slaver ship, and most notably, we have Toros. A PC actually enslaved and now reliant on Agrona.

Not to mention, it'd be far from the most immoral thing in the game. Murder's a constant, maiming of PCs isn't all that uncommon.

In large part it would boil downto whether or not it stayed within the bounds of the PG-13 rating the game is supposed to hover at.

Also, as noted; the whole "can't do anything to a character you don't approve" isn't a hard and fast rule. I've been seeing this come up a lot. Like character death, if your character is put in a position you can't escape, provided it doesn't violate any other rules, then... You're stuck.

Much like Toros was. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So it would seem.

Ko has fallen. Onu looks to be in the Piraka's sights. Le is about to become Entropy Beetle food. Ga will probably be conquered by the Dasaka. Soon Po and Ta will be all that's left...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That was the (unlikely) worst case scenario.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Something I'm a look title unclear about.

In canon, the only way to detect an Idea spirit was either through the Elda or the Rode. However, it was mentioned in the Kentoku topic that an Idea spirit could be detected if their presence was being searched for. Could somebody help explain/elaborate on this?

I think Tuck has talked about something similar to your question before.  I think his statement boiled down to the difference between "could" and "can."  Sure, a toa could have the ability to do so, since creating highly specific poisons and other plants is pretty common tactics for bo-toa like Syvra.  However, the character in question would have needed prior experience with these Entropy Beetles to do so now with any real effect.  I think that also falls into the concept of meta-gaming.

• Upvote 1

How would that be meta-gaming? Its not like it would be all that hard for a person to tell that their poison is not working and vary it up to see what happens.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That's assuming a lone Toa can even make enough poison to kill the whole swarm. Or that poison will work on them at all...

The Dasaka will conquer Ga-Koro as much as I will conquer my irrational fear of everything.

*Ga-Koronans see Dasaka coming*

*All the Ga-Toa simultaneously flip the bird*

*All the Dasaka ships sink*

Yeah, assaulting Ga isn't a good idea.

I love seeing 'em all grown up.

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Assuming you could find a poison that worked on them, even a single Toa of the Green could make a sizable dent in the swarm.

They are in the middle of a jungle after all.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I got the impression from the first post that tbese beetles bred like rats or rabbits, producing whole new generations within a very short time.

In real life, large rat swarms can build up complete immunity to poisons over just three generations - that's a few weeks. If these beetles breed even faster than that, how long before they start developing immunities to the poisons?

Use a new poison. Every beetle dead means one less that can make new generation.

I'm not saying that its going to solve the entire problem, but its not an idea that you should just toss out.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

But I doubt a Bo could create a good poison for them - they would have to know how their digestive system works, how it flies, how it eats, e.t.c, and that doesn't seem easy in such a short period of time  - they're practically on their doorstep.

What about trapping them though? Like, a wall of grass and leaves, or a giant ball that encases them?

BTW, Talu is on his way to the zone, so I may be able to put this into practice.

Edited by alijar

Something I'm a look title unclear about.

In canon, the only way to detect an Idea spirit was either through the Elda or the Rode. However, it was mentioned in the Kentoku topic that an Idea spirit could be detected if their presence was being searched for. Could somebody help explain/elaborate on this?

Very good question, and one I think I can answer. :) Look at it this way; when the Iden user leaves their body, they are taking everything with them in spirit form. A good metaphor would be astral projection. Now, the user obviously takes their mind with them. Thus, there are two possibilities; firstly, an Iden permits the user to exist entirely on the mental plane for a time. This relies on more than a little bit of creative interpretation of the way it works, however.

More likely, their mind is simply still detectable. We never saw a Toa of Psionics encounter an Iden user in canon, so we must draw from extended reasoning here, factoring in the BZPRPG's power explanations. An Iden user takes their mind with them. As a result, even when using the Iden, they have a presence on the mental plane that can be detected if it is looked for. It's possible than an Iden makes it a little harder for the user to be detected, but there is no ground to draw that hypothesis from. It's more likely that since an Iden user is unnoticeable in all other respects, they simply go unnoticed, rather than undetected. 

Hope that helps. :)

So it would seem.

Ko has fallen. Onu looks to be in the Piraka's sights. Le is about to become Entropy Beetle food. Ga will probably be conquered by the Dasaka. Soon Po and Ta will be all that's left...

This conversation has been had; the Dasaka aren't likely to conquer anyone any time soon. Their abilities are potent and unknown on Mata Nui, but the reverse is also true. Moreover, Mata Nui has the home team advantage. The Dasaka are not used to any kind of real environmental factors, and indeed, they have not participated in large scale battle for a very long time. Mata Nui, conversely, has just finished enduring a several thousand year long siege from the powers of darkness. Even many of their (in technicality only) civilians are combat ready. 

The Dasaka would get trounced.

Ta-Koro isn't likely to fall, either. :P You might note that while the Piraka hit hard, most of their damage was to morale and structures. Some buildings got a little shaken up, Lavapool being the exception that was obliterated, and there were civilian casualties. Overall, however, the death count was pretty low. Ta-Koro is very much a fortress city, with a Guard force that's considered to have the best military tradition on the island. And they're going to have some more fun soon, so stay tuned. :)

And Onu-Koro...

Most technologically advanced village on the island. A military force that, while small, is often jokingly compared to Spartans (Actual Greek soldiers, not science fiction. Take your Halo elsewhere. :P) for reasons not entirely inaccurate. Even if they were average troops (And it has been shown that, especially among PCs, they have some exceptional ones), they have some very effective tech.

The attackers are substantial; there will certainly be damage to the Koro, if indeed there is an attack. But the battle isn't nearly as lopsided as Ko was.

@Poisoning Entropy Beetles: This could very well be an effective method. Consider that, in the real world, we have plenty of poisons that work on multiple kinds of insects. In this case, only one effective type needs to be found. Plenty of plants produce toxins that harm bugs that try to eat them, it's a common defense mechanism. With a little trial and error, a Bo-Toa could find a toxin that worked. A group of them could make a sizable dent in the population, at least enough to slow them down a little.

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

The Dasaka will conquer Ga-Koro as much as I will conquer my irrational fear of everything.

*Ga-Koronans see Dasaka coming*

*All the Ga-Toa simultaneously flip the bird*

*All the Dasaka ships sink*

Yeah, assaulting Ga isn't a good idea.

I love seeing 'em all grown up.

-Tyler

We come in peace to shoot and thrill!

But I like how you all think one ship will attempt conquering an entire village ;)

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Krayzikk hit perfectly on what I was getting at with the entropy beetles.  You just have to find the right poison in game, that way it's not meta-gaming.

Throw a bunch at them and see what works best.

Typically how people solve things anyway.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

Krayzikk hit perfectly on what I was getting at with the entropy beetles.  You just have to find the right poison in game, that way it's not meta-gaming.

Throw a bunch at them and see what works best.

Typically how people solve things anyway.

BUT WHICH TYPE!?

THERE ARE OVER 300 POISONS.

:c

The chances are rather slim unless we get a bunch of people asking for one. Many of the people here simply don't have the time for another RPG of this size.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1