BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Komae

He'd caught the weaponsmith's eye-roll, but Komae made no response. Instead, he hopped up onto the dock and took the rope from Beosach's hand and began tying it to one of the many posts.

"Well, here we are, then!" he called down. "Need any help getting your stuff out?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC-Beosach:

"In a moment, yes," the weaponsmith replied, though he lifed all of his items on up after him. Komae looked in confusion before Beosach grabbed him by the upper arm, launching him into the water.

"If you need help, gurgle. Otherwise, make your way down to the lilypad next to the docks through the water."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Komae Really should have seen that coming, he thought as the sea swallowed him up. For a few moments he flailed helplessly, sinking rather appropriately like a stone, his scarf tangling around his throat. He felt his hand slap against his face, and something in him shifted. Calm down. Look around you. The light is up. Push your arms down and then back up. One, two, one, two. He broke the surface and gasped for air, still awkwardly pushing at the water to stay afloat. He looked up at Beosach and coughed out a good half a lungful's worth of sea. "Sink or swim, then?" He tried to flash a thumbs-up, but all that managed to do was unbalance him and dip him under the water again. He resurfaced a few seconds later, still splashing and coughing. "I-" hack, gasp "I like it!" Still spluttering, he forced his legs to kick in what he hoped was the right way to move him toward the lilypad. It wasn't, but a few more tries and a few minutes of awkward splashing later he grabbed onto the side of the floating platform for dear life.

A moment later he had clambered up onto the side, soaked to the bone. His scarf flopped to the lilypad like a dead snake. He coughed again, and glanced up at the weaponsmith, who by now had hauled out most of their cargo. "Next time, warn a guy, would you?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC-Beosach:

"Had I warned you, I would have enforced a sense of dependence within you," the weaponsmith replied. "That dependence would take a few quick lessons to teach you and dilate them to a months-long series of classes on swimming. So, instead, I forced you to rely on your instincts...not too bad, for your first time."

profiles i guess

He chortled. "My instincts are fine, thank you. I could've told you if you'd asked." He hopped up onto the dock from the pad. "So, any other stuff in the boat, or are you just going to push me in again? I warn you, I'm not half bad at grabbing onto attackers in panic when I have half a sense they're coming."

"Hey, I'm just giving fair warning," he said with a smile and a wave of the hand. "Anyway, what'll we do about the cargo? Or the boat? Or a place to stay while we're here? Last time I was here there was no shortage of hotels, but, well, times have changed. Could be there's not quite as many places happy to accept random travelers anymore."

Edited by GSR

IC: Shadd"Absolutely! Is this all you need to know?"

IC: Voutok"For now, I believe so." Voutok stated, pleased with how easy this interview was. He turned to face Daylaria. "Commander, shall I call in Kirgan--Shadd's alluded-to accomplice--now, or do you have another in mind for the order?" Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

IC: Vhohan

"Not much, to be honest. They sent me this tablet, and asked for me to join them. I don't know how they found out about my League, but they did. The one thing I do know that you wouldn't is that they are based in Onu-Koro."

While the Skakdi had said this, he pulled out the tablet NEX had sent him.

OOC:

This is actually true. I didn't set up a meeting with NEX IC.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Kurkai

I sat at the bar and ordered a drink. "Surprise me!" I said. I began to scan the bar for anyone that may know about my missing turaga. Maybe that skakdi know? Maybe that matoran? I decided to finish my drink before I went to ask anyone...

OOC: Kurkai is open for interaction from anyone!

picasion.com c4ba807b638d12d03dd390658f770e50

TANNOHK-KAL FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a world filled with peace,

one shadow will spark a war

My epic, Shadow Destiny: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10089

IC: Voutok"As you wish. This way, Mr. Shadd."Voutok led Shadd out the door of Daylaria's office, then quickly called among the remaining interviewees."Kitane? You're up next."

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

IC: Captain IrairaIraira paused in tapping her axe, letting it hang in the air slightly as she inspected the edge. "Just as a fikou knows when a rahi has lodged in her web, the Marines know when shady individuals arrive. It's what we're paid to do, after all: keep the peace. Without some proper knowledge about who's where and when, we'd be ridiculous fools." She paused her little speech, taking a moment to glance at the vortixx. He was good-looking, dressed in his own style -- part woodsman part dandy -- and seemed unarmed. That's a first, She thought quizzically. Passing it off as impossible, Iraira continued. "To answer you're next question, I'm offering you an opportunity to explore the remains of Kumu Islets. Here's the gist: you will become a temporary Marine for the duration of the voyage at Private class, with all its benefits; you will receive 100 gold widgets as a third party fee, along with a stipend paid weekly until the voyage is complete; you will be given basic nautical and dive training before departure, including a full set of basic Marine equipment. I would highly recommend saying yes, because saying no will set into motion a rather depressing mechanism. This is a backdoor deal, and you will be answering directly to me until the end of the voyage."

IC: [ Krios ] - Marines HQKrios flashed the female Toa an easy, charismatic smile, one that even the most perceptive beings would have difficulty recognizing as anything less than genuine. "And just what makes you think of me as a 'shady' individual, Captain? My dark clothing? My rumored Xa-Koronian heritage? What makes you think I'd be interested in a 'backdoor deal'... whatever that is. I assume it's illegal, which of course puts it waay out of my moral boundaries. I'm a straight arrow to the core, I assure you."Obvious banter, just to test the axe-wielding Marine's manner of thought... but the Vortixx was interested in why his background seemed so detectable. If highly-trained Ga-Koronian military could easily recognize him for what he was, could not mere civilians become suspicious?It's the black Rahi-hide backpack. I just know it.

IC: KitaneThis was my chance. I had been called up, and now I just needed to make a good impression.I opened my mouth to say something witty. Then drew a blank.".........hi"That didn't go well.

IC: VoutokThe De-Matoran did his best to repress a grin and mask a chuckle as a cough. "This should be good." he thought to himself."Right this way, Kitane." Voutok motioned to enter the Commander's office.

"Wrong."

The trader shrugged. "I'll take your word for it, then." He grabbed his pack from the pile of luggage and fastened it around his shoulder before turning to face the city. The village sprawled out in front of him, buildings of all shapes and sizes riding the waves atop titanic lilypads. He smiled - it had been too long since he'd come to Ga-Koro. "Alright, let's go find lodging, shall we?" Whistling to himself, he began strolling down the docks.

A massive gray arm shot out in front of his face, and he smacked into it with a dull thud. The Toa looked down at him with a scowl. "Where are you coming from, stranger, and what's your business?"

He smiled and held up the bag. "Hello, sir! I take it you're a guard? My name's Komae, I'm a Po-Matoran trader and carver. Here to do a bit of light commerce, at the behest of my current partner in business, the weaponsmith Beosach, who should be coming up the dock behind me any minute now. Is there anything I can do to help speed this up?"

The guard considered the sheer existence of a chipper, innocent-faced Po-Matoran offering to help in his own entry processing. Odds were two to one the trader was up to no good, he concluded. "Give me the bag," he grumbled, and snatched it before the Matoran could hand it over.

Komae crossed his arms and watched in silence as the Toa shuffled through the items within. "It's mostly crafts, sir. Nothing too spectacular."

The Toa snorted. "I'll be the one to decide that. Just sit right there."

"Well, it's good to see you taking your duties so seriously," Komae said with a smile. The guard scowled at him. Was the little Matoran screwing with him, or what?

...But there was nothing in the bag out of the ordinary. Just a bunch of trinkets, some carver's knives, and a decent stash of widgets. Grumbling, he plucked two of the widgets out of the bag and pocketed them as he handed it back to the trader. "You're clear, for now. Don't try anything funny, though."

Komae slipped the bag back around his shoulder. "And- those two widgets?"

The Toa chuckled. "Let's just call it an 'entry tax' and send you on your way, huh, little man?"

For a few moments Komae said nothing, merely crossed his arms once more and looked at the Toa. He sighed and looked away. "Oh, well. Some Toa just aren't cut out for the title."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing," he replied, all smiles again. "Sorry to be of any trouble. Come on, Beosach, we ought to find a place to stay." Humming to himself, he strode on past the guard and towards the city. As he did, though, he glanced over his shoulder at the scowling Toa one more time. What a shame, he thought. I hope the rest of the village isn't quite as... flawed.

IC-Beosach:

"Komae, you're lucky he decided to just take a couple widgets as a prank," the weaponsmith nearby growled at his friend. "Because he wasn't even wearing the Marine's colours, and I didn't particularly feel like burying my axe in a crook's leg."

profiles i guess

He shrugged and waved the weaponsmith off with a smile. "Like I said, Beosach. Some Toa just don't live up to the title. Pay them too much heed, and, well, all you'll wind up doing is worrying." He continued on, still whistling. "By the way, what are the Marine's colors? Might not be bad to know."

OOC: This jam is brought to you by the talented snoip lion and me, Master of Masks. We hope you enjoy it and learning a little more about the characters!

IC: (Kino Iho)

I returned to my room, Xilecki was apparently not ready to start the day, as he hadn't responded in a long time. Sitting upon the soft bed, a frustrated sigh escaping from my lips. My slender fingers picked up that white pebble from the nightstand. Listen, I figure you're bored listening to me so far. So how about I tell you a tale, it's infinitely more interesting than me describing my room while I wait for owner of this inn to actually start training me.

Well this story starts with...

-----------------------

Eyes blinking in even intervals, the child-Toa watched the yard making motions with his body only when it served important. It was a practice Pae took up over the past few months. Gazing off into what looked like to onlookers as nothing, this child Toa continued; seemingly so aware of everything around him.

The yard was sat on the eastern side of Xa-Koro, it was attached to one of the few schools that actually intended to teach childern, but the schools were packed, and it was awfully understaffed. The other children, whether Toa, Matoran, Vortixx, and Skakdi played various games from tag to Kohlii. There was scuffles here and there but none of it was really anything a teacher needed to intervene in.
The sound of footsteps came upon the child-Toa, it was another, except she had vibrant forest green skin, and wore light green Toa armor over it, her grey eyes were filled with a surprising energy for their color. A friendly smirk on her face as she walked up to the child-Toa, he seemed so reserved, so distant and yet still in the moment.
"Hello! My name is Kino! Kino Iho! What's yours?" The other child-Toa said. Eagerly awaiting her peer's reply.
Pae turned only his head to look at the grey eyed Toa. He quickly took note of everything about her as quickly as he could. Height, probable weight, possible weapons. He skipped breath rate. She didn't seem like she was up for attacking Pae. Not that people were known for doing that. People typically avoided the darkened Toa-child; let alone came and talked to him. Newer kid. She would decide otherwise soon, Pae decided. He spoke simply, "Pae."
"Nice to meet you Pae! So...what are you doing?" Kino asked, leaning forward on her toes, her head tilting slightly with interest. He seemed so focused, determined. Strange behavior considering most of the other children were just at school because their parents or guardians were forcing them to go. Pae however with his jet black armor, green accents and dark green eyes. He wasn't like the others and that's why Kino wanted to talk to him. The other kids were playing a bunch of stupid games she had never really been interested in. Why pick boring when you had an enigma right in front of you?
In some ways Kino wasn't like the others either. The games seemed empty, meaningless things to occupy time, but Pae, Pae was observing, he was learning. He was doing something with purpose with the time the teacher granted to him.
"Watching."
Pae gave full acknowledgement of Kino. His eyes were hollow and held no emotion or message. They were however, flicking back and forth from Kino to the world around him.
"Learning."
Kino did her best follow Pae's eyes but the flitted about so much, scanning new information, gathering, and sorting it all out. They looked so hollow when Pae's gaze landed on her, strangely though she didn't shudder, didn't flinch as others likely would have. Instead her smile got wider as she recieved a response.
"What are you learning?" Kino asked, looking about trying to follow the directions where she believed Pae was looking.
"Lots."
The Toa of Iron looked on again, "How people move. Why they move. To see what happens before it happens."
He looked back at Kino, "I have only seen you here twice. You are new."

"Yeah I just moved here from the west side of Xa-Koro! How long have you lived here? Our house burned down, Mother didn't make it…" Kino frowned for a few seconds, before returning to her happy demeanor, almost a little too easily. After she sorted through what else Pae had said, a quizzical expression crossed Kino's face.
"What do mean to see what happens before it happens? Like telling the future?"
Pae watched Kino as she spoke. It was clear that she was upset speaking about her previous home. It was something Pae was never really able to properly relate to. Family, or half-consistent living conditions. Pae had essentially raised himself. He shook his head internally, shaking off the thought. He stood up taller, and motioned to the crowd before them.
"People are patterns. Before doing something, there is always a preceeding action."
The Toa looked back at Kino, his green eyes flicking from eye to eye, "I have to know them all."
Kino noticed Pae's reaction to family, and a frown crossed her lips. Where was his family, did he have one? Oh by the Great Beings the thought of him not having one? It made Kino so sad.
"Where's your family?" Kino asked, direct as she could be, before continuing to listen to Pae talk about predicting the future. What he said, so intriguing so new, they never taught anything like this in class!
"Wow…um can you teach me? That sounds so cool! Wait…why do you need to know them all?" She questioned, her heading tilting to the side, her eyes looking straight into Pae's. He was so smart, she could learn a lot from him! Maybe she could teach him things too! First day and she was already on the road to making friends!
Pae froze to look at the Toa beside him. It was then his eyes showed a sign of surprise.
"You want to learn?"
The corners of Pae's eyes made it seem like he smiled. Which was almost accurate.
"I will do my best to teach you."
Pae looked back to the people, his usual tone and demeanor taking charge once more, "I am by myself."
"You shouldn't be alone, no one deserves that, least of all someone as cool as you! Somebody should be with you, someone should have been. I'm sorry."
Kino frowned, and before the other child-Toa could react she took two quick steps forward and hugged him. Her arms wrapped him, holding him tightly for about a second before she pulled back, a sheepish grin plastered on her face.
"Thank you Pae! So where do we start?"
Pae's arms hovered awkwardly above Kino, unsure of how to react. His eyes shifted around, judging the reactions of those that noticed. Taking note of their expressions and body posture. It was all he really knew how to do anyways. It was a default.
She pulled away, still smiling brightly. It made him feel safer. That was strange on its own. Pae was never safe. He could never feel safe. He had to be watching. He looked into her eyes to see a genuine sincerity.
"We can start right now I think."
While Pae hadn't returned the hug the young Kino mostly attributed this to what she considered to be Pae's shy and reserved nature. The young Toa of Air couldn't help but let out a small giggle as her grey eyes met his, he seemed intrigued by her, and his eyes, they always seemed to speak more than he did. They told volumes of what his voice did not.
"Alright! So what do we do first?" She asked, smirking all the while.
Pae gazed at the shuffling students in the park. He said quietly, "Notice mannerisms to begin. That is how I started," He looked back to Kino, "How people move."

"Alright."
Kino's eyes followed Pae's look at the throng of children milling about in the schoolyard. Her eyes settled on the male Skakdi, one of the bigger kids in their class. He fitted the stereotype of a Skakdi sadly, strong and tall, and not exactly that bright. The way he moved about was brutish, that much was obvious, if the others weren't smart enough to move out of his way, he brushed them aside, he demanded attention in the worst possible way.
"How people move is a good way to know somebody," Don't judge a book by its cover was a popular expression. This wasn't it. This was sneaking a few peeks at the pages midway through. He glanced at Kino, "I knew your choice would be the Skakdi."
Kino looked at him, surprise in her grey eyes.
"His size attracts attention, and he moves unlike others. Unless you were instructed to observe smallers, you were unlikely to choose another," Pae did not take his eyes of the Skakdi who continued on his path with a specific gait, "The factors that decided your choice were non-specific instruction, his unique walk and size, and your current field of view."
Woah. That was a mouthful. Pae was not used to speaking at lengths longer than a few words at a time. He turned to Kino to meet her look, "Factors for action is important. It comes with time."
"Wow, so you know all that from just those few factors that's…that's amazing!" Kino replied, but quickly quieted down after realizing how much attention that would have attracted. Instead her grey eyes turned to follow the Skakdi, taking in as much information as she could. Kino noticed something though, one of the children that had been knocked to the ground was a Toa like Pae and her.
However the child was a Toa of Fire, and that element coupled with a child's temper was a volatile combo. Kino's focus remember on this kid, and without turning to Pae she whispered her question.
"What do you think is going to happen?"
Pae did not hesitate to answer. He noticed she was getting much better at this already, "He'll get up, and fume silently. If there is a grudge between the pair, he will speak, hit, or leave."
He didn't take his eyes off the Skakdi still, "Guess and see."
"I think there's grudge. Look at how he's murmuring and balling up his fist. I think there's gonna be a fight," Kino pointed out, her grey eyes already narrowing as the Toa of Fire pulled himself to his feet. His voice echoed over the playground as he yelled after the Skakdi.
"YOU BIG STUPID SKAKDI!" Ta-Toa roared. The Skakdi wheeled about, and was greeted with a rock to the face, drawing first blood. The child Skakdi roared intent on bullrushing the Ta-Toa and was pelted with a small fireball, lightly burning the flesh and causing the Skakdi to clutch his face howling in pain as everyone on the playground backed up and fell silent. The corners of Kino's lips tugged into a smirk, if Pae was this good at teaching her. She could only get even better! He was so cool!
Pae's open eyes continued to watch like hollow green moons. They were so quick and precise, taking in all the information from the contacts he was watching. The way their breathed and moved their own eyes. He finally turned to Kino.
"You will be good at this."
"Not as good as you though," Kino smiled, a cheerful glint in those light grey eyes. "How about you come over tonight? My father is an excellent chef, and afterwards we could hang out! It would be so cool!" The teacher, a tall female Skakdi of Water, started hollering at the children to get back in class, picking up the two kids and shaking them a bit. She yelled to Pae and Kino. "Well looks like we gotta get back to class. So how about it Pae?" She smirked, holding out her small hand to shake his.
Pae turned his whole body to face Kino. He looked down at her open hand as though admiring its shape. It was really more about the whole situation.
Still staring at the hand Pae reached forwards with his own and silently gripped it, "Ok."
He released the hand and looked at Kino. He repeated, "Ok."
"MR. PAE and MISS KINO IHO YOU WILL JOIN YOUR CLASSMATES THIS INSTANT!" The exhausted Skakdi, roared at the two children shook hands, it caused a jolt in the forest green Toa as if she had been struck by a lightning bolt. She started off towards the doorway, besides their teacher still scolding the child-Toa and the younger Skakdi while Kino continued on her way. Kino turned around for a second, to speak, winking as she spoke.
"Alright then, I'll see ya after school!" The girl replied, her voice like a soft breeze blowing in over the Kumu Islet beaches, the few that weren't marred by all the scum in Xa-Koro, but she was, it just didn't look like it. Those of Xa-Koro like Pae, like Kino, they were born in Karzahni, forged by suffering, and soon to be hardened by pain.

---------------

You're still probably wondering why I keep this white pebble around, huh? Well that's going to have to wait till later, I'm not really in the mood to reflect any more. So I gathered up my gear again, calling out to Xilecki.

"Mr. Xilecki, you said we were going to start training? What time had you planned to start?" It felt wrong, just sitting her, twiddling my thumbs as I waited for something to happen. What was I going to do though, what purpose did I serve after all meaning was stripped away from me? Purpose, the cloth that had kept me warm through all these harsh winters, was stripped away, leaving me bare of protection against despair.

There only a few reasons to keep on fighting, to keep on struggling and that one main reason, I hadn't seen in three months, I wanted to believe that reason still drew breath, still existed, for that was the last pillar that held me up.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Ga-Wahi

IC: Captain Commander Iraira

“Hahahahaha,” Iraira laughed, her voice a ringing of crystal bells. Her demeanor was disconcerting to the vortixx standing ungainly in the office, head slightly bowed to avoid the exposed beams. “Please, take a seat if you can fit; they’re rather small,” She said, waving toward the driftwood stool before her desk. “Straight as an arrow, huh. Wow, impressive metaphor. You had me going there for a moment, except any archer would shoot holes through your statement, pun intended. Arrows don’t fly straight, Triscuit, they wiggle and squirm and sail in an arc that decays the farther away from the bowstring. A Ta-Koro text on military physics calls this arc a parabolic arc. I call it shady. Way out of true, and never straight. Ever fired an arrow? They jump when you let them go, bouncing around like a Le-Koran with a sugar-high.”

“You’re vortixx,” Iraira said, as if the simple fact of race sealed the matter. Her kanohi betrayed none of her emotions. After a pause, Iraira continued to validate her point. “Granted, Commander Daylaria’s recruitment posters did say, ‘name your prize,’ on them, and that was a bloody stupid thing to do, but why would a Xa-Koro refugee, and a vortixx, want to return to a place that no longer exists? It doesn’t take an Onu-Koran engineer to connect the dots.” She sighed, as if her speech wasn’t long enough to fully empty her lungs. “No, the fact of the matter is, I’ve been in this business long enough to tell by just a few seconds of contact. You, Krios, are a shady character. How close to true black, I won’t stipulate, thought I’m hoping you’re more of a light grey to be honest. I can use mariners who won’t mutiny in what is to be essentially, at the lowest level, a tomb-raiding operation under the slogan of rediscovery and archeology. Besides, you know the coordinates. It’s an added bonus to your resume.”

She stood up, suddenly becoming a far more threatening presence with her hands placed on the desktop. “Politician’s have a great way of making an illegal act seem liable, even necessary. They seem to have a grace of speech I lack. I’m not one for pleasantries as a general rule. So, are you in, or not?”

+++ (ooc: This is for the ussalry Corps. guards escorting the Onu-Koro diplomat.) +++

The marines snapped to attention as a cerulean toa bowed through the doorway. The Ussalry Corps. members paused in their actions, taking in the figure. She stood stooped slightly by the ceiling, avoiding the exposed beams as she made here way into the room. The Amazonian toa sparkled as if covered in a sheen of ocean water. Her green eyes glittered like emeralds through her great kanohi Hau.

“I thought I might find you all here,” She said and smiled. The pendent hanging about her neck on a long chain swung mathematically with her stride. “Excuse my entrance gentleman I am Captain Commander Iraira. Captain when on a boat, Commander when on a lilypad. Ladies, at ease.” The marines nodded and returned to their seats, resuming their attempts at making a public show of peace between the two military groups. Iraira glanced about the bar, taking in the escort of heavily armored military personnel. Subtly she was analyzing the easiest way to kill them all. No doubt they were doing the same, despite the peaceful facades painting each kanohi. Perhaps using my elemental powers would even the field, though the one in the corner looks tough to keep shackled.

“Is there anything I can provide you gentlemen?”

IC: ?

On the other side of Ga-Koro, a lone matoran hid in the shadows of a dumpster. She breathed through her mouth to avoid the stench of fish guts rotting in the receptacle she leaned against. She blinked, yellow eyes dimly peering through her rau. Judging by her shadow, it was time. Stepping out, she turned to face the opening of the alleyway. The lilypads gently rocked beneath her feet, but strong sailor’s legs kept her steady. A cloaked being faced her. They both held up their hands, revealing the proper sign.

“The letter,” the cloak requested, a rasping honey voice barely reaching the matoran’s auditory receptors. The hood jangled softly, the talismans bolted through eyelets around the lip swaying softly as the being underneath made a motion.

“The widgets first,” she replied, her hand slipping into the fold of her messenger bag. The flap slid softly against the back of her hand while she gripped the soft envelope.

“As you wish.” A small pouch appeared from within the folds of the brown garment. “There are five gold widgets, plus two silver for your silence.”

The ga-matoran quickly grabbed the pouch with her left hand, tossing it in the air to listen to the jangle of gear-shaped coins. Satisfied with the heft in her palm as it landed, she passed on the sealed letter, letting it disappear like money into a slot machine behind the cloak. They both raised their hands, reviewed the sign, and the cloak vanished with the passing wind of the sea.

Turning away from her treachery, she walked out of the alley into the sunshine of the docks. Mariners were rushing to and from their boats, surfers gawking at new boards lined up on a tarp, rope-makers carrying their orders of nets and hempen chord to buyers. Lipa smirked, realizing how soon the world would change. His legacy shall have revenge.

KLITSLECOQLFRCAKLQFMCRLQCJCLUFMgYNQITKSFRJCSRDFQFMBKLQFMCQRYNQUNXLBC9UNXLBCRFQLFQLLKAALXJLQFLENSDJCLAFMBLSSLGINMINQNONRRFEJCVCLICMCAKFJFSLQXYQGCKLITSLECOQLFRCAJCBLGX

IC:"I believe your marines have provided anything we need, Commander Iraira." The voice that answered was the epitome of respect, the title used for address indicating a recognition of their difference in rank. The Matoran in the corner, for that was who chose to respond, stood with a straight-backed posture, the stance's militaristic bearing belied the fluidity with with he nodded to the arrival. His expression was a stoic mask, though as with most, his eyes were the best indicator of his thoughts; he regarded the Toa with the same measure of respect as everyone else. Her stature, nor her rank, held any specific importance. Until such a time as he had reason to behave differently, she was due the same respect as her marines."Though I cannot speak for my comrades, nor my commanding officer, your village's hospitality has been more than generous."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: [ Krios ] - Marines HQAlthough not unduly intimidated by the Marine Captain, Krios nonetheless decided to treat her with all due caution and respect. For one thing, she was a trained military professional, at least as dangerous as the experienced cutthroats he'd consorted with in earlier life. For another thing, she carried a wicked-looking boarding axe, wore a Kanohi, and was capable of manipulating elemental energies.Krios didn't, didn't, and wasn't. He was at a distinct disadvantage if their relationship ever came to blows.Settling himself into the offered chair with an unconscious ease, the black-clad Vortixx feigned a few moments of indecision; then, as her explanation ended, he nodded curtly."It's a deal, Captain. Shake on it?"He extended his clawed right hand, carefully noting her reaction to the gesture.

IC: Aar

The Ussalmatoran heard the Toa from his spot just outside the door. "I am of the same mind as my comrade," the Onu-Matoran said, face neutral and stance rigid. He had to squint in the light, but it was easier with the sun to his back. "I thank Ga-Koro for its hospitality."

It was difficult getting himself to speak respectfully to a stranger for another village. He did not know this person, and didn't know whether her respect was well earned or not. He sized her up to see if he could determine something respectable of her other than her status and words. She spoke respectfully and outwardly seemed well-intentioned, but that wasn't good enough for him. Kyju had appeared as such when he had first appeared, and Aar had learned his lesson from that. She appeared to look at them with both respect and a little wariness, he noted. She may have viewed them at least as a potential threat, if not equals. He could respect that. He would rather be treated with fear than be seen as weak, even if he meant no harm.

With that newfound respect, he saluted.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC(Daylaria-Marine HQ)

Daylaria gently greeted Kitane, noting his lack of social ability with a mixture of pity and confusion.

"Please, sit down. Would you like some tea?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Kurkai

I sat at the bar and ordered a drink. "Surprise me!" I said. I began to scan the bar for anyone that may know about my missing turaga. Maybe that skakdi know? Maybe that matoran? I decided to finish my drink before I went to ask anyone...

OOC: Kurkai is open for interaction from anyone!

OOC: Guess it'll be me then!

IC: Cedoka - The Great Takea

I step quietly into the bar. As I stand in the entryway for a couple seconds, I take a quick glance around the room. A couple of toa occupy the seats near the walls, and plenty of skakdi sit at a table not too far from where I stand.

"Wow, lot's of people here today." I think to myself as I walk across the room. "At least there aren't too many people at the bar. It's about time I get a drink."

One of the wall lightstones shines on my silver armor, causing it to glint brightly, drawing more attention to myself than I would care for. After passing a table full of skakdi, I sit down next to a Toa of Plasma at the bar.

I look over at him nonchalantly as I sit down. He has a drink in his hand, and it is obvious that he is scanning the room for something. "Not very good at hiding it." I smirk to myself.

The bartender walks over and looks at me questioningly. "I'll have what he's having." I say and I gesture towards to the Toa of Plasma. The plasma toa looks quickly at me but then turns away again. The bartender nods and he walks away to get my drink. I turn towards to the Toa of Plasma again and examine his orange and yellow armor. "Something about him intrigues me, but I can't quite put my finger on it..."

"Here you go!" The bartender shouts as he hands me my drink. I sip it quietly for a couple more seconds until my curiosity gets the better of me and I turn towards the plasma stranger again. "What brings you to these parts?" I ask him.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: Captain Commander Iraira (with Krios)

This Krios is good with his words, Iraira realized, feeling half-affected by the vortixx's eloquent speech. To clear her mind, the toa of crystal looked at the books lining the back wall as he spoke, focusing less on the words and more on the meaning. In all, what was he besides another member of the crew, a component to be exchanged at leisure? When finished, Iraira stared at Krios' extended hand with a mild look of satisfaction. Languidly, she pointed to the piece of paper held down by a stylus to the desk. As the vortixx stared blankly, she pushed a small jar of ink across the surface. After another puzzled pause, Iraira explained.

"It's a contract. This may be a back door deal, but I still keep written records. Might as well give the Mata-Nui Daily some dirt to find."

IC: Captain Commander Iraira (with the Ussalry in the bar)

An uncomfortable silence fell amongst the women as the beefy ussalry guard uttered his slurred request. Iraira's mouth contorted into a thin line, even as the marines currently occupying their chairs froze mid-motion. She uncrossed her arms and walked closer, the pendent continuing its motions.

"It's considered bad manners to ask a woman her age." Iraira paused, giving herself a moment to saddle a barstool with feline ease. Her elbows rested softly against the counter as she continued. "I'm not quite sure what other meaning you would have for number, officer. If you're meaning my rank I have already established that. I would hate to know our allies in the mines are both deaf and blind."

IC: Captain Commander Iraira (In the prisons)

The jangling of key warranted the approach, followed by the echo of footsteps in the under-water prison. Iraira stared down through the bars at the vortixx and Verak, feeling little remorse for the deal she was about to offer. The two were wallowing in boredom, attempting to play a game Iraira had banned from her office. Iraira found herself distracted by the board and pieces, and never got any work done with a game of chess running.

"Move your knight C1 to D3," Iraira commented by way of entry. The two paused long enough to stare angrily at her, then resumed their painfully slow game. She waited, tapping her foot against the ground softly, an annoying sound of impatience.

"Alright," she said, butting into their game once more; "Verak and you vortixx who can't remember his name, I have a proposition. I'm needing some crew who know their way around the southern tip of Le-wahi and across the waters to the coordinates for the Kumu Islets. Although I could easily pull from the regular marine staff, I've decided to offer the positions to you as a gesture of second chances. If you accept, you will be considered Private rank for the duration of the voyage, and given adequate gear and training to fulfill your purpose aboard the exploratory vessel. If you follow orders and perform well, I will submit the papers for your release and you can go about your lives as you once did, hopefully with a little less law-breaking.

"Try anything stupid and I'll personally flay you alive as bait for fish hooks." Iraira smiled with closed eyes, a dangerously sweet grin. "Do we have an accord?"

IC: Kughii (JAM between Floridan Citrus and Myself)

Kughii slowly rolled on his side and stared into his roommate's eyes. He was a good two head's taller than her, even if he was short for his species. Kughii felt a tight pang in his chest as he gazed at her black kanohi. "What is it like to be a toa?"

Liikyra paused for a moment, though didn't put too much thought into her reply. It wasn't a question that she was asked often, although she thought of the topic extensively before. And how couldn't she, having been granted a power that few beings could imagine.

“It can be hard sometimes,” She replied, her gaze becoming slightly more distant as she stared at the roof above. “People look up to you, expect you to live up to their dreams, depend on you for guidance and advice, they want you to solve all of their problems with a wave of the hand. And it only makes it that much worse when you don't live up to their expectations. Some people resent you for the power you wield, sometimes it puts you in danger, and sometimes... Sometimes... You loose someon-”

“-Something because of it.”

“Although,” Liikyra continued quickly, her gaze focusing once more as she turned her head to look at Kughii, “You get to go on grand adventures, and meet some... interesting... friends.”

She smiled, one that only held the barest hints of being forced, despite being completely genuine.

Kughii pushed himself into a sitting position, his eyes staring out the window into the harbor and along the beach. In the distance, he could see the faint outline of surfers on the rolling waves. They’d try to hold on, fall down into the water before coming up in a splutter of brine, then try again.

“That sounds like a really bad dish of karma,” Kughii finally spoke, rolling his neck in circles to release the stiffness. Clapping his hands once, Kughii continued. “Okay, forget that. What about this stolen kanohi poster we were looking at? Any ideas on where to start?”

Liikyra followed the Vortixx's example, smoothly pushing herself up to a sitting position on the floor. The Toa shrugged, hands held together as she hugged her legs close. "Well, I suppose Po-Koro would be the best place to start, considering that's where it all started," Liikyra suggested, glancing over to Kughii. She shudderd, ever so slightly, at the mention of the Koro of Stone. Didn't she have fond memories of that place. Unconsciously, her hand drifted towards her ribs.

Yeah, great memories.

"I'd prefer to stay away from there if possible," Kughii replied. "I mean, it's not that I don't like sand. It's just I don't like dragging you through sand. It gets monotonous after a while."

Liikyra glared, unlaced a hand to shove the Vortixx in the shoulder. Not hard, but...

"Oh come on, it wasn't that bad," She protested.

Kughii chuckled and blocked her hand mid-swipe. "Please, I've never run that long a distance in my life." He rolled his head, letting the bones of his neck crackle, releasing the pent up tension with a comforting sigh. "We could go there, and that makes sense, but let's take the long way around. I'd like to see the snow before I see the desert again."

"Snow... would be most preferable."

OOC: Kughii and Liikyra to Ko-Wahi.