BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

I just looked at Dorian while keeping my thoughts to myself. As much as it was important to know when to speak up, it was even more important to know when to stay silent. Right now was one of those moments. Some things were better left alone. Comments about Tuara's personality were one of them. If you doubt me, just ask Stannis' front door.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Kapa

Kapa, realizing there was someone waiting at the gates, wandered over to them and decided to have a little fun by impersonating a member of the guard. "Please state your business in Po-Koro." He said in his most official-sounding voice.

OOC: Thank you!

IC: Uitad

Finally, a Po-Matoran with a Tan Ruru arrived at the gates, who Uitad could only assume was a guard of this city.

"Please state your business in Po-Koro," He said very officially.

Ah, so this city is called Po-Koro. That information will be useful.

Uitad carefully noted this and replied in a harsh, grating voice: "I am Toa Uitad, and I am travelling from...Ga-Koro to...Onu-Koro, but I have become lost and wish for a place to stay and resupply. Do you have a hotel?"

Hopefully those places exist...and he won't ask how I managed to 'stumble' across this place in the middle of the desert.

Edited by Click

IC: Kapa

Kapa stared at the strage-looking Toa in front of him. He had crystals on parts of his armor, which looked tattered and worn. His Kanohi was cracked and chipped, and he seemed to have a general aura of tiredness around him, as if he had worked too hard in his life and was now just a shell of his former self. He certainly looks odd... I wonder if I should go and get the actual guard...

"Well I can tell you that you are about halfway to Onu-Koro." He replied, resuming his impersonation. "But your reasons for entry seem valid enough. There is a large market in the center of town and plenty of places to stay there also." Kapa looked around cautiously, to make sure none of the real Po-Koro Guard were there, then lifted the lever that controlled the gate to the city. He found it somewhat odd that there were no watchmen at the entrance, but beneficial to his act nonetheless.

OOC: No problem :P

Edited by darthme

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

IC: Komae The merchant waved the notion away with a smile. "Who, me? I'm not the kinda guy who gets into situations where big fancy weapons and big heavy armor are needed, y'know. Besides" - he patted the sheath at his side affectionately - "I'd have thought a weaponsmith would understand a man being attached to the knife he made himself." Either ardently ignoring or ardently never noticing in the first place the other Po-Matoran's sleepiness, he put a hand around Beosach's shoulders. "Now if you're done trying to sell me things, care to join me for a stroll 'till lunchtime? And along the way I can sell you things!"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC-Beosach:

"Actually, if I was trying to sell you something, you'd already be walking off with your purchase," Beosach replied, winking at the smaller Matoran. He patted Komae's shoulder, removing the merchant's arm from about his shoulders with a shrug, before standing to his full height. The Po-Matoran smith squinted his eyes in the sunlight, before turning down a street, beginning the 'stroll' Komae had mentioned.

"Remember my policy: If you're trying to sell something to me, you must first pay the price of one hearty meal," he said, smiling deviously. "Or I'm afraid I won't be too likely to buy."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Cael)

"You shouldn't feel stupid."

Tuara turned to see a smiling Cael, who had managed to avoid the chaos of the kitchen by ducking into the hallway. The healer opened her arms, and pulled the Toa of Fire into an embrace.

"What you should feel is ashamed for walking out without a goodbye," she said after a moment, drawing back to look Tuara in the eye. "I never got a chance to sob uncontrollably and beg you not to go."

IC: Tuara Drigton - Po-Koro - Stannis' Home"Yeah, sorry about walking out at all," Tuara looked down and a little to the side, "I had some... Issues, to deal with internally. I felt really bad about reacting the way I did the moment I'd stepped outside the doors," She looked up again meeting Cael's eyes, "It wasn't fair to any of you guys to react that way and for that I apologize," She paused, looking at Dorian, "I've dealt with those issues since then," Tuara jabbed a thumb at the door, "Apparently not entirely though," she sort of smiled, "I'm just glad you guys ended up alright."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ic: "We all make mistakes," Stannis said in his older, wizened tone. "We all have demons that haunt us regardless of how we fight them. It's admirable that you understand your stresses, Tuara."

He looked from his sauce that he was cooking on the stove and gave the former guard a telling look. "Now please shut that door."

IC: Komae

"Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was true," he replied cheerfully. "Now, as for that policy of yours - seems to me like I'm getting a horrible deal out if it." He counted off on his fingers as he talked. "I pay the price of your lunch, and in return receive a possibility that you make a purchase of mine, which may recoup my costs for your lunch, and which would lessen me of some of my stock." For a moment, his face sunk into a gloomy torpor. "No sane businessman would ever take such a deal."

Then he was all smiles again. "But! Having just made quite a nice deal on the raw material for today's wares, and facing no other likely buyers, I can afford a little insanity. Lunch it is then! Any ideas as to where?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC

[stannis' house, Po-Koro - late morning]

"Aaaand we're one big happy family once again!"

My voice once again cut right through the din as all heads swiveled in my direction. I was balancing a rather large plate of pancakes in one hand, and a platter of assorted meats in the other. With fluid grace I slid past the crowd of assorted Toa and placed both on the central table.

"Stannis is nearly done with the sauce and condiments while Dor is moments away from the skinned fruit selection. If you're hungry I suggest you chow down, the day's only getting started." I crossed my arms and started to address the group's members individually, a contented smile on my face.

Panic. Disorder. Chaos. My work here was done, mwahaha.

"Stannis, thank you for opening your abode to us, though it has become more of a madhouse than anything. We'll be out of your mask sooner than you think and then you can go back to your boring, stony solitude. Amazon long-legs, it's nice to see you too. Glad to have you back regardless of what happened all those months ago." I gave a playful wink in her direction, now more of an inside joke than anything else. "Merror, it would seem as though to have weathered the 'trial by fire' rather well, so I would like to officially welcome you to the team... pun intended. Congrats on making it this far, but don't expect it to get much better - gotta learn to roll with it, smile plastered on your face. And Agni-"

I could see it in his eyes. The way he had been observing the scene, judging the words and reaction of everyone, his critical eye focusing right on me. I knew he wanted to say a few choice words, somewhere between my unchanged antics and my apparent lack of letter-writing. We both grinned menacingly at each other, but I decided to nip it in the bud right here and now as I raised a single finger.

"Not a word."

My head snapped back to the group, my boyish smile returning. "So anyway, I don't know the exact reasons for this overdue reunion, but I am pleased to announce... tada!" With a flourish I slapped my two newest charms on the table. "I now have the complete set! That's right ladies and gentleman, every charm from across the island is now gathered and accounted for. So I table the notion *snicker* that once we eat we set out for the Temple of Creation so I can officially finish my quest and move on to other items of business. Stannis has more than graciously agreed to guide us there, and I'm sure at this point that's looking more and more appealing as I'm sure he would like these shenanigans out of his home. Any questions?"

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC-Beosach:

"Well, we could always raid Hewkii's pantry. On the plus side, free food. On the downside, our stroll will take us either beyond Po-Koro's bounds, or straight to gaol." Beosach shrugged, before a bright grin came upon his face.

"You want to live a little, Komae?"

profiles i guess

Ic: "I should also remind Joske and bring to everyone's attention... that this is not my house. So we have to clean the mess up before we leave."

Stannis set the frothy pan of sauce on the table and stepped back. "I think this Temple of Creation happens to be the first place I ever went to with the Companions. It was before Lekua's time, but it was that temple that sent us to town.

"Just before....

"Hafu was taken...

... away."

The prophet's glazed eyes' glare sank into the yellow soup as if it were a crystal ball. He remained entranced in the past for the spell, then rejoined the land of the living.

"I'm not hungry," he said dryly as he went to the couch and sat down.

"Erm." He scratched the back of his head with a nervous smile. "Well, as long as you're not serious about Hewkii's place. I'd rather not end up in gaol at the moment, if it's all the same to you."

IC:

Man, how far had I fallen. This time last year I was the golden child of the Four Peers, and now I was Dorian Shaddix, the fastest kiwi dicer in the six Koro. Years of study, thinking on my feet, questionable life choices and here I was, putting mangoes and apples in their place and leaving the veritable sandbox we'd been barricaded into...for even more sand. With a lot of Toa of Fire, only two of whom had any semblance of tolerance for my unique and unfettered worldview and attitude.

Could be worse. I could be Joske Nimil, living day to day, measuring the value of my life by how many stray kittens I can pick up from off the street and find good homes for.

I wonder if he, like, gets a thrill off doing that. Being the heroic type. He probably gives those stray cats only the finest organic milk and feeds them all his leftovers, even though Cael says he can eat them later. He probably buys them little hoodies and mittens so that when they're walking on the floor at night they don't get cold. The ######. So noble. Too noble. How was I supposed to live up to that?

"I have a question."

Oh man, did I say that out loud?

"Is that table the notion disaster a one time thing, or are you one of those schmucks who laughs at his own jokes?"

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

[stannis' house, Po-Koro - late morning]

"Well in that case... I'll eat your share."

I immediately sat down, piling my plate with food before handing Cael a plate, who had taken a seat across from me. This tome around I was much more civil with my eating, though it disappeared just as quickly. Those that WERE hungry however sat down shortly thereafter, and as group we quickly devoured what had been so carefully prepared. Taking a napkin to my lips I turned to Stannis.

"Look, not to bring up bad memories, but I appreciate you offering to take us. As far as I'm concerned once we finish eating and clean up you take take us out whenever you're ready. You're the guide here; we'll follow."

I could not help but have a shadow of a smile. Even on his day off it would seem as though the Toa Maru of Stone was destined to lead a group of Toa to a destined destination. I just hoped today didn't leave THAT big of a scar on his psyche.

Wait a minute... this was Stannis here. Nothing fazed him.

Not even ME.

"I have a question."

My head whipped around to look at Dor, who, while not addressing me directly, was clearly speaking to me. "Is that table the notion thing a one time thing, or are you one of those schmucks who laughs at his own jokes?"

"First of all, I'm not a schmuck; I'm a chump, though Cael might argue that point with you. Second... yes, actually, I do. I try to keep it at a minimum, but it comes out whether I intend to or not. Sorry Dor, but I have my quirks. Be thankful I don't go around lighting random fires or something similarly destructive instead."

I shot a smile over to Agni, who winced, remembering the early days of training and myself being a brand-new Toa... to which almost every time I got emotional there was nearly always a small explosion of fire. Practically lit the dock up the first day.

Ah yes, good times, good times...

Not really.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

"Walking conscience, huh?" he chuckled. "I like the sound of that. And I like the sound of roast Mahi." In fact, it would mark the third time this week he'd had roast Mahi for lunch, but he saw no problem with that. Roast Mahi was reliable.

"Shall we, then?"

Edited by GSR

IC:

"Yes, let the dinner date continue. I'm almost certain that nobody will make any stupid jokes about it," Beosach said, a slight jokingly sarcastic tone to his voice. "Thank Mata-Nui you've an innocent mind, Komae, or you would make a joke of your own just to spite me."

profiles i guess

IC:

"Ah, okay," I replied as realization dawned, nodding sagely. "So it's like an affliction kinda thing. That's rough. Sorry; I won't push it further."

"Wow, did he just apologize?" Tuara asked incredulously. "He must really like you, Joske. He's never apologized to me for anything."

"Oh, here we go."

"Hey now, let me have my soapbox for just a sec here."

"This should be good," I grumbled, deliberately putting a hand over my chin and mouth to hide a growing smirk as my other hand gripped Tuara's under the table.

"Don't listen to a word he says, he never had to carry me across Ta-Koro because I was dying on him."

"Oh, you just love to throw that one around, don't you. How about the part where I bought you a loft?"

"Dor here thinks the way to make people happy is a bunch of cash. I've told him once I've told him a thousand times. Money ain't what matters-"
Tuara looked at the others around the table, mostly silent. Some giving her perplexed looks.

"Oh by the way we're together or something surprise."

Deathly silence in the room before I cleared my throat.
"She didn't really carry me, per se."

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

He chuckled at the jibe. "Don't worry. I haven't been on a date in my life, and I don't plan to start now. I do enjoy a good business lunch, though!"

The two stepped up to the counter, where a dark-brown Matoran was manning a slab of stone piled with slabs of something much more edible, a warm and savory scent wafting from the meat baking under the desert sun. Komae whistled to get the cook's attention. "Hi there! One lean cut of Mahi, if you would. And whatever my soon-to-be-client here wants. But if it's over ten widgets, could you just throw my lean cut at his face? Thanks."

Edited by GSR

Ic: "Trick?" Jin asked.

"Yup." Brykon pulled a wrapped cigar from within his vest and pulled the gold leaf off -- the gold wrappings meant nothing to him, not anymore; say one thing for the Peers, say they payed enough to make a colonel very wealthy. He lit its tip, but the embers burned out a mere half centimetre into the roll. "A cigar that won't burn," he said and tugged the roll out, revealing its as a parchment. "A scroll that won't be found." He opened his vest a little to show three other cigars like it. "Mixed with the real things, the intended recipient is bound to find the pre-made message."

"And if it's not the intended recipient?"

"Then they can't even share it." He laid the sheet on the floor and waited a moment before slamming his palm down on it. The threads coiled and laid the sheet, and its message, to waste. "It's also message that can't be rediscovered. The weavers in Ga-Koro can work wonders with their flax."

He stretched a little and settled in a slump on the wall. "Now, it's been a long day and rest is due. In the morning we'll get to work on this mission."

IC

'Pipsqueak? Hah! I am WAAAY louder than you! You're just a Lesterin who always growls to keep up his manly bravado. Me? You wanna know, dont

cha!?' I flicked my thumb across my nose as a wildchild's smile came upon my face. 'Want me to tell you?'

OOC: The italic was supposed to imply that Korru didn't say it out loud, he was thinking it

IC: Korru

Korru met Exa's gaze staunchly

OOC: Simple post to avoid confusion

IC: Korru

"Enjoy your donuts" Korru said, after which he threw Prei a salute and nodded at Manuka. Then he went back on patrol

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC

'Yes ma'am!' I saluted with one or two donut bits flying out of my mouth and possibly landing on Prei. I definitely noticed, but it looked tasty enough and the glaze was like decoration that was much needed on Prei's dull armor, duller face and even duller personality. 'Speaking of which, ma'am, is there any place where I can, like, go? I'm looking for something to do but nobody seems to be being bad.....apart from the Akiri, who still deserves to be punched. All of them. And be replaced.'

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC

'You're male!? But....but......then why didn't you say so earlier??' I uttered in slight confusion. By now, I had gulped down the donut, the beautiful rainbow glaze having fought a brave battle against my saliva and the powers of my crushing jaws. It had admitted defeat, and in one last act of revenge against my swallowing of it, it decided to hold on, itch a single spot. I gagged, and this time, a much larger piece of donut flew out of my mouth non-aerodynamically forwards and onto Prei. 'And...the Nui-Jaga...they're like.....not doing anything. And it's such a small event for the future King!'

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Lekua ate in silence, listening to the conversation with interest but contributing little. Everyone else seemed to know each other, or at least several of the others; this gathering was clearly well within their comfort zone. Lekua, on the other hand, only knew Stannis, and even Stannis he had only known for a relatively brief time under vastly different circumstances. And being the only Matoran in a room full of Toa certainly didn't help matters. He poured a large helping of syrup on his fourth pancake and shoved a bite into his mouth, reviewing his mental notes on who was who.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Rynekk

With a hiss-POP like the inverted crackle of electricity, Stendhal vanished and reappeared amongst the dunes below, before resuming the race for his freedom.

(Did this faze me?)

My mind analyzing the ebb and flow of our skirmish as quickly as my body flew through the air, I immediately cut the flow of power running from my Kakama, before catching the back edge of the pillar with the ball of my right foot. Performing a crude pirouette on the rough stone surface, I spun around once -- twice -- three times to expend as much of my momentum as possible before kicking from the construct into a front roll into the sand, pushing myself back into a run.

(No, it didn't faze me.)

Activating my Kakama to ten percent of its full capacity, my brain buzzed with facts and estimations surrounding Stendhal's methods. The man loved leaving a good mystery, and even this escape attempt was no exception -- particularly his usage of the Kualsi.

Or, lack thereof.

(Seriously, was he actually trying to outrun the guy with a Kakama?)

Unfortunately, it didn't take a genius to figure out that a direct attack on the Ba-Toa would be futile as long as he was capable of quick-travelling all over the place. His reflexes were quite remarkable in that regard. Good for his survival; bad for my job.

Which meant that a more pragmatic solution was required. For example, did you know that a good part of deserts are constituted of this thing known as desert pavement -- literally, plains of small pieces of rock and stone hidden beneath a veneer of sand. For a person with my abilities, it would only take a small portion of focus to make localized spots of this blow apart and create a sort of smokescreen.

So, obviously, I triggered such a phenomenon in four spots around Stendhal.

(Try using your Kualsi to dodge that!)

I didn't waste energy grinning; instead, I gave myself a five percent boost of speed, then abruptly cut off power from my mask entirely, giving me time to reduce my momentum again before sweeping the shaft of my spear into Stendhal's legs -- a manoeuvre designed to take an opponent off of their feet.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Stendhal

The move was passed successfully, and Stendhal felt his consciousness shudder as he slammed into the ground, already stunned by the explosion of previously almost invisible rock. However, as usual, he was no Toa to let himself look like he was making mistakes. Everything he did had to look like it was deliberate, for some further purpose. It was crucial to his image, to the effect he, as an ambassador, had on Rynekk. Thus, he kicked his mind back into gear in milliseconds.

The fragments of rock still in the air suddenly grew slower, slower, slower, until they were almost static, frozen, suspended in open space. Then, they began to fall, faster and faster, gaining speed and velocity. But the usual center of gravity seemed to have been forgotten - now, every single one of them was being drawn to their new, personal center: Rynekk.

Using this distraction, which he was confident the Po-Toa would easily fend off, Stendhal launched himself to his feet, and began to circle his predator, like a wild dog scanning to see if a stranger was safe, awaiting the opportune moment to fight or flee.

IC: Rynekk

Child's play.

This time, I allowed myself a jaunty smile as I theatrically swept my arms towards Stendhal, directing the barrage of fragments towards him like a conductor signalling to the violin section. The stones whirled around my frame like a bizarre tornado, curving near to the ground before surging upwards at their target, flying past him like the Ba-Toa was standing between a swarm of Hoto bugs and the Mangai Volcano.

I hadn't put that much effort into the redirection -- Karz, even someone with no training whatsoever would be able to withstand a few pebbles being thrown at them. No, this was just a distraction, like the exploding sand; an appetizer before the main course of a knuckle sandwich aimed at Stendhal's chin -- a bread-and-butter strike designed for incapacitating the unfortunate recipients.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC

'No, I can do it anywhere! Watch this!'

I took my mic, and specifically the iStone placed inside one thicker part of it's handle. I messed around with it, and soon it was ready to play a track the moment I pressed play, amplified with my sonic powers and the mic itself, while I could - of course - rock with it on the mic. Placing it on the ground, weaponized tripod creating 3 sharp but small holes in the ground, I whacked the play button.

Instantly, the sounds of music began, loud enough to be heard for one or two streets. I got ready to sing, blasting my soul out in the form of art to the ears, lyrics to composition.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

-IC: Araedrex Tenebras-
The heat of midday Po-Koroian sun was unbearable, reaching beneath your armour and roasting your organic components, boiling you alive in your own metallic skin. All but the Fe- and Ta-Matoran and Toa retreated to the safety of their homes, standing beneath doorways or peering from behind windows, watching the dusty streets with the world-weary stares of desert dwellers, content to wait until the heat of the terrible midday sun passed.
Through these watched streets of dust and stone, a lone Ta-Toa strode, his armour relfecting the sun's beams, gleaming scarlet in the heat of the arid wasteland, a being composed of flame and heat, barely contained in a prisim of unbreakable ruby. His greatcoat's coat-tails were limp in the dry, lifeless air, no wind existing to send them fluttering, as dead and stationary as the aura of dispassion that surrounded him.
Araedrex, fully aware of how much attention he was attracting, continued to navigate the stone-hewn cobblestone of Po-Koro, a ghost of life admist dead streets, vestiges of the energetic commotion known as civilization. At last, he reached his destination: The massive fortress of a building in the outskirts of the city, a fortress of stone and iron, gigantic metal-barred windows on every side. The wooden door, twice as high and three times wider than the Toa who stared at it, was adorned with iron knockers and an obscenely complex lock, creaking loudly as he inserted a series of keys into their places, turning them in a special pattern.
Finally finishing unlocking the building, Araedrex pressed a hand against each of the doors, and pushed, silent and impassive as they swung inwards, revealing an amazingly large and empty complex, full of staircases and doorways, leading to dark and unused recesses, centered around a massive stone circle, almost boxing-ring esque in appearance. The entire building was lit by nothing more than the window-light, and a few gigantic, gothic candelabras, leaving the bottom floor reasonably well-light, but the dark corners and passage-ways even more terrifyingly shadowy than normally, lit only by the flickering, weak light of slowly melting candlesticks.
The shadows held no terror for Araedrex, and so he did not hesitate to begin his routine search of his secondary home, inspecting the darkest, dustiest corners with his jaded stare. What he was searching for, only he could explain.
Hours later, he returned to the light of the sun, and the bustle of a now active Po-Koro. Hidden in plain sight among the throng of mumbling citizens, he moved through streets silent and etheral, intangible in his regal movements.

pNNgXax.jpg