Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

This is one of my favorite games! Keep up the good work.  B-)

Con: Google Chrome says that the Dropbox download has malware. Is this normal?

Yeah, that's normal. Just trust it and go with it, it's completely safe.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Let's try to narrow down the issue. Does the changing of the keys happen while in the middle of playing, or only between each startup of the game itself? When you say they don't work, do you mean that they have no effect at all, or that they produce glitches? Does other settings change/revert themselves?

I remember this topic back from the okd forums, I love this game, I'm going to download the newest update right away!

Will this ever be made into an actual multiplayer game?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Eventually kinda floats in and out. I'm not even sure where this is going anymore, heh.

To be honest, such a small amount of people actually follow this topic actively that there would only be like 2 or 3 people online at a time if multiplayer were added.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

As this is my first time posting in this topic and I have nothing to say (at the moment) about the game that hasn't already been said several times over, I agree with Shadowhawk.

However I haven't said it yet, so I will say that I have been playing this game for a couple of weeks now, only just finished digging my way through the topic, and have enjoyed the game so far and look forward to the updates no doubt to come, when you get around to them.

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

39 people are following this topic. let's say there are 5 bots and a player in a singleplayer server so that would make 6 servers full or and one server with 3 people.

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

39 people are following this topic. let's say there are 5 bots and a player in a singleplayer server so that would make 6 servers full or and one server with 3 people.

That's assuming a everyone is playing at the same time.
Also considering that everyone is in the same time zone.

Hey Katuko! Just wanted to say what a great job you've done on the game, it's amazing!

I've known and played the game since a long time but never got around to make an account here on bzp. However, with Bionicle coming back I just had to. This is one of my first posts here but I've been visiting bzp for a few years. I look forward to the following updates and please keep up the good work!

Edited by FikouSpider

This is an awesome topic and game but the followers are rather low. on another note: are you going to include the bionicle 2015 weapons? Because some look very amazing

So it seems I do in fact have some faithful followers. I love you guys. ;_; If it weren't for you I wouldn't still be working on this.

I have taken a break for a while due to schoolwork and other things taking up my time, but I hope to get back in the groove soon. I really need to fix those glitches from the last version, and get some serious work in on the new engine. I've started a small, original project (that is, not BIONICLE-related) which I'm using to test out some new platform physics. I already got jump-through platforms working 85%, so you'll definitely be seeing those in the future.

are you going to include the bionicle 2015 weapons?

With this game I aim to capture the Matoran Universe as we knew it from 2001 to 2008, so anything beyond that will not be implemented. I've used a few graphics for weapons from Bara Magna (and made some custom ones), but I'll have to devote my time to use what I have already. A few of you have even helped me out with sprites which I still haven't implemented, so I think it's best to keep things slow as far as new things go.

Sprite work: I am currently working on a new and improved Proto Piton. I tried my hand at Matau's Aero Slicer, but got a bit annoyed and gave up for the time being. Earlier in this topic JacobLazer sent me some Inika and Hagah armor that had been ported to Toa Mata sprites. I will try to do the same for Nuva Armor to Toa Metru bodies, then we'll see how that works in-game. I'll also grab Norik's armor and stick it on some Rahkshi sprites, so that maybe they'll finally get visible armor too.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this game I've played it so much just one problem I can only play it at school.

Also I own a mac. so because of this I cant play it.

so my question is. will there be a version of this game for mac and linux in the future?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Items don't drop on the kini-nui part of the joint map is that normal?

Another oversight on my part. I forgot to enable the item drops.

so my question is. will there be a version of this game for mac and linux in the future?

Not in the foreseeable future, no. I need a Mac with the proper setup in order to export the game to that platform, and I'm not a Mac user. Linux could potentially happen, but I'd need another computer running Ubuntu for that. Currently I only have this laptop, and since I need to have both running at the same time for the export to work I don't think I can just dual-boot. Plus, the export modules for Mac and Linux cost quite a bit each, so I won't be getting them just for this game.

Glad you like the gameplay in its current state, though! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first day here at BZPower, and I was directed towards this work of art from a fellow Bionicle fan on another forum. I downloaded it and played through some of it, and I have the confidence to say it's one of the better platforming games I've played that isn't Terraria. The looks of the weapons, masks, Toa and Rahkshi, and the customizability you've set on the proverbial table has put this on my watch list. Thank you for making my day.

sml_gallery_113066_240_8955.gif"Fear is a great motivator..."sml_gallery_113066_240_6966.gif

So, yesterday I actually felt like programming games, but then I had to spend somewhere between 6 and 8 hours doing server configuration with two friends of mine for a school assignment. One that I already finished myself but I am too nice to say "you're on your own" on. We were up until 4 AM fixing tiny errors in stupid text files. :P

Therefore I don't really have any programming news for you, but here are some more sprites I have been working on.

matau_aeroslicer_redone.pngonewa_protopiton_redone.png

As always, free to use for anyone who might need them.

EDIT: Hi there, Denevol. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when someone makes their first post in my topic! :lol: I'm happy you like the game. :)

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

So, yesterday I actually felt like programming games, but then I had to spend somewhere between 6 and 8 hours doing server configuration with two friends of mine for a school assignment. One that I already finished myself but I am too nice to say "you're on your own" on. We were up until 4 AM fixing tiny errors in stupid text files. :P

Therefore I don't really have any programming news for you, but here are some more sprites I have been working on.

EDIT: Hi there, Denevol. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when someone makes their first post in my topic! :lol: I'm happy you like the game. 

WOAH!!!! Does this mean what I think it means- alternate Toa bodies? 

Also, I'm on a Mac right now and I'm gonna try Boot Camp.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

WOAH!!!! Does this mean what I think it means- alternate Toa bodies?

Well, the weapons are my sprites, but Rayg's Toa Metru bodies have the same proportions as Toa Mata, so giving you the alternative won't be hard. It'll have to wait, though, because my old and outdated engine makes it a hassle to add.

Done recently:

- Toa Mata didn't spawn properly on Kini Nui. They do now.

- Items will now spawn in the joint Kini Nui/Mangaia map.

- Gravity lift fixed, it will now let you glide gracefully to the ground, and also exit the hole in the opposite direction.

- Added a column of light which will act as a lift to get you out after Makuta is defeated.

Bug fixes will be uploaded soon-ish.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

EDIT: Hi there, Denevol. I get a warm fuzzy feeling when someone makes their first post in my topic! :lol: I'm happy you like the game. :)

These look beautiful!

Also, I made some new stuff!

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg