the elusive 14K gold mask. Best prize i ever won

kjaffa

If I am correct, this is the only one of it's kind, right? - Taka
I believe that there is more than one, but not too many were made. It is definitely the rarest Kanohi Mask out there.To the topic starter, congrats on owning one of these Kanohi. I have no idea how much one is worth, though I would be surprised if it were any less than a few hundred dollars. Maybe its even more than that. Again, I have no idea.As for my favorite collectible, I guess I'll go with the original Kanohi from the 01 Toa. They were some of my favorite Kanohi, especially the Hau.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I believe that there is more than one, but not too many were made. It is definitely the rarest Kanohi Mask out there.To the topic starter, congrats on owning one of these Kanohi. I have no idea how much one is worth, though I would be surprised if it were any less than a few hundred dollars. Maybe its even more than that. Again, I have no idea.As for my favorite collectible, I guess I'll go with the original Kanohi from the 01 Toa. They were some of my favorite Kanohi, especially the Hau.
Interesting. What about the Platinum Disk?In any case, I agree, my favorite collectables are easily the 2001-2002 Kanohi masks. Classic. Some of the most addicting collectables. - Taka

BZPChat

That is rather impressive! The worth of that thing now a days is astounding due to the price of gold. I can easily see you getting over $1000. You sure have a gem there!My favorite collectibles are easily the 01 Kanohi masks. Especially the Toa masks.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Interesting. What about the Platinum Disk?In any case, I agree, my favorite collectables are easily the 2001-2002 Kanohi masks. Classic. Some of the most addicting collectables. - Taka
The Platinum Avohkii was one of a kind, but there were around 100-300 Gold-Plated Disks, and under 50 Golden Haus, I believe.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

With the price of gold at nearly 1000 dollars an ounce (around $950 I believe) That could be worth an incredible amount depending on it's weight.Very impressive, I recall entering the contest for those, didn't get anywhere though.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Aaand now everyone on BZP is insanely jealous. (Extremely)Belated congratulations!As for my collectibles, I only really got serious about collecting after their heyday had passed. I did get two trans-orange kraata, though, so that's something."Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King, / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

Edited by Hastur the Unspeakable

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Its not the rares. but there were only 30 of these made. 5 given in the contest, and 25 to the creators of bionicle
The Platinum Avohkii was one of a kind, but there were around 100-300 Gold-Plated Disks, and under 50 Golden Haus, I believe.
there are 30 of these 14K versions
Congrats on getting your golden Hau! Also, how did you in it?EDIT: Forgot to put in my favorite collectible. It's probably the Kraata.
Back in 2000 / 2001 lego held a sweepstakes for various bionicle collectibles. a world wide contest with 5 grand prize drawings for this mask. I remember getting a letter from lego that said i had won "a prize" but they didnt say which one. (there were thousands of other prizes) then it came in the mail, in an inconspicuous little box. BEST DAY EVER

As I recall, about five-six years ago someone (maybe Binkmeister?) put their Gold Hau up for auction--I think it netted $850? Might be more might be less. But that gives you a general idea?-Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the Top 5 of the rarest collectibles (excluding the prototype) with the correct amount.1. Platinum Avokhii - (1 of a kind)2. 14k-Gold Hau (32)3. Sterling Silver Krana-kal (72)4. White Metal Krana-Kal (5000)5. VMKK (More then 5000)

"I feel far far away from everything I've ever known, but when I look back, I think of you"
LewaKini.png
Credits to Eeko for the banner. Lewa is awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the Top 5 of the rarest collectibles (excluding the prototype) with the correct amount.1. Platinum Avokhii - (1 of a kind)2. 14k-Gold Hau (32)3. Sterling Silver Krana-kal (72)4. White Metal Krana-Kal (5000)5. VMKK (More then 5000)
Yep. That's how it goes.In any case, that is an awesome mask. TLH wants it, haha.My favorite? I love the classic Kanohi, that and my WMKK.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Yep. That's how it goes.In any case, that is an awesome mask. TLH wants it, haha.My favorite? I love the classic Kanohi, that and my WMKK.
Wow... as TMD said, I'm insanely jealous, but I am happy for you at the same time. I do have a WMKK (had 3 at one time recently), a full set of Kanohi (excluding a Gold Hau, Plantinum Avohkii, and a Metru Red Huna), Kanohi Nuva, Krana, Krana-Kal (minus 4 VMKK, an SSKK, and 8 GPKK), Kraata and probably one of the most complete set collections out there...How much would it cost for you to sell that? :P- :t::l::h:

• 3 weeks later...

What does the scouter say about his envy level?IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!What? Nine thousand?! That's... perfectly reasonable!I wish I had that so bad... I'm another fan who was too young at the time. As far as collectibles I got myself, I'd say my favorites would have to be the silver Hau and Akaku I found in those Kanohi boxes (they need to sell those again!!!), or the purple Kraata I got for a Kraata mini-canister. As far as stuff I ordered online, though, either my trans-neon-green Miru, or my Gold Miru.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Very nice. You are a very lucky person to have such an item in your possession. :) I kind of wish I had a piece like that. Eh, I guess I'll just have to be lucky.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Now I want a rare collectable. :P

Oh well. Congratulations on owning such a rare Kanohi! :)

My brother has a Copper Mask of Victory (Huna, I bought it for him), and a couple of Kanohi from '01 that could only have come in Mask Packs (A brown Hau and Tan Noble Mahiki). I myself have a Dark Grey Noble Matatu, a Dark Grey Noble Rau, and some odd Kanoka. So not that much in the way of collectibles (for me, at least. That Copper Mask is rare!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Takua the Chronicler7

That is so cool. I don't have a lot of collectibles but I do have a brown Akaku NuvaEDIT: I also have a silver(colored) Miru Nuva

Edited by Takua the Chronicler7