Your history with Bionicle

Lachanu

*tilts head sideways* what do you mean by this? explain your history as a fan? or explain your life story when you were a fan?

He means history as a fan. Life story info is not something you want to be putting in a forum; more of a blog thing to do.

My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

Hmmm. I guess it started in 2002 when I got Tahu Nuva. I was a pretty big collector of the toys and had about 70 or so by 2006. As it was just the year before I was moving in to secondary school I stopped collecting and a few years later, most of my Bionicle collection was accidentally thrown away, leaving me with only the Toa Nuva and Taka Nuva. I wasn't really that bothered and semi-lost interest in it all together until late 2011. made an account on here in mid 2012 and have managed to rebuild my collection to just over 100, and still growing.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I colleced bionicle in 2001 to now (thanks you bricklink) and started MOCing in 2006 (The time i found BZP) but stop untill 2009 came and i gotten back to MOCing, it was not that good and later i join YT as cycoelric (don't ask). When the Gatorian Legends cameout i started to get a lot better and made custom body and it when my former selfMOC Sam was rename Saido. In 2010 when my father died (note: i did not like my father) my brain was starting to get a lot better and i can think a lot better now. I made a new YT called TheToaSaido and my MOCing gotten better and i later gotten skype and met Edictarts and met one of my best friend day Ian Gorix (at the time was ToaAckar). Later in 2011 when TheBionicleFans was made (and was made on my Birthday) but i can't join becuse they have 7 people all ready so I join TheHeroFans and met Ash (pukeslut at the time), Jack and met Jon (Tumalord at the time) and it was good for a week or 2 but went bad (i forgotten how it started and how it end) So later both TheBionicleFan and TheHeroFans Died. There was not much later but i was still Bionicle MOCing and i have met Maxus and . At the end of 2011 everything went went really bad. I lost my friends (all but Maxus and Jack) and i have lost all my YT, dA, MOCpages and my skype account and later Saido was no longer my SelfMOC and i gaven my Self a new SelfMOC and that is Riaso Wolf (my SelfMOC today). Later at the summer of 2012 I regain my Friends and made new account. Then in this year 2013 i join The Custom Bionicle Wiki and Join BZP.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Well, here it goes:

2001: I got Gali for my birthday from my aunt. The next day I got Pohatu, Kopaka and Onua. I loved them all so I bought Tahu and Lewa myself. The Toa were just so awesome... and when the Rahi came out, my interest only grew. Unfortunately they were too expensive.

2002: I had been sure Bionicle was already over. Then I saw advertisements of the Bohrok and I was immedaitely dancing aboce the clouds. Got all the Bohrok and Bohrok Va soon and enjoyed Bionicle more than ever.

2003: My first glimpse at Bionicle.com. Immediately loved the comics and MNOG, plus all the info there. I waited for a long time before I saw Rahkshi on shelves.

2004: I just collected everything and followed the story tightly, always checking latest updates on Bionicle.com and the LEGO message boards.

2005: Somewhere at this point I joined Bzpower for the first time. Still loved collecting, and finally met a friend who shared the interest.

2006: I was of course excited about the Piraka, but my parents kept reminding me that I was a bit old for Bionicle. Ended up not buying Brutaka because of that, but everything else I did get. Still loved Bionicle from the bottom of my heart.

2007: I decided to quit Bionicle due to my... age. A decision I would come to regret. I did get Ehlek but then I decided it would be over. Still visited the internet Bionicle sites often, though.

2008: Still loved Bionicle, focus shifted from the sets to everything creative such as epics and comics on Bzpower. The big revelation at the end of the year threw me off balance. Good thing I had not completely quit Bionicle, otherwise it would've gone by.

2009: Absolutely hated every inch of the new unoriginal Glatorian storyline. Even The Legend Reborn didn't help much. Still spent a lot of time on Bzpower.

2010: I was relieved that the story ended, because it was really becoming too insane with all the serials. Bzpower activity stayed the same, but I did feel that it would die soon. I was wrong.

2011: I did read the new serials, but didn't like any of them.

2012: My interest just kept growing and growing despite the line being discontinued.

2013: Here I am, a 20-year-old Bionicle freak. I do have another life as well, though, so I don't feel liking Bionicle is anything negative to me. I still love it and actually started collecting again, the sets I missed in 2007 and 2008.

lol

That's a journey over 12 years long. Suffice it to say that I was first given a Kopaka back in 2001 from a friend across the country. The comic was awesome, and I got hooked on the story. There were some ups and downs. I took the story very seriously, and even cried when Web of Shadows disappointed me. I elected not to buy any of the Titan sets from that year due to my sadness. Then read Time Trap and my fanhood was reignited by 2006. :)

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

• 2 weeks later...

I started off in January '01, when a fascinating comic starring Kopaka came free with my Lego World Club magazine. Between that and the double-page spread of the Toa Mata, I was intrigued, and once I pestered my mum into taking me into town to buy Onua the next day, I was completely hooked. Over the course of the year, I collected five of the six Toa Mata and Turaga Vakama, and the decided that once I'd bought my final Toa (Lewa), I would stop there. The six would be enough for me.

Of course, that lasted only as long as it took to find that the shop I usually bought them from had a buy-one-get-one offer on Bionicle sets, so when I bought Lewa, I got Tahnok half price (or free? I don't remember) as well. My interest in Bionicle was successfully sustained, although it wavered throughout the year due to my preoccupation with the release of Attack of the Clones (Star Wars, at the time, being my other major interest); the only other set I bought prior to the release of the Nuva was the Boxor.

Then with the release of the Nuva - and the return of the free Bionicle comics with Lego magazine in early 03 - my interest was increased; by the year's end I owned all the Nuva, two Kal, the eight matoran (including Jaller, Takua - and, of course, their respective mounts - who had fascinated me as characters since I'd discovered they existed the year before), Takanuva, two Rahkshi, and the movie, which - naieve as I was - I thought at the time was the best thing ever (now it makes me cringe, but whatever).

2004, though, was the year my obsession with Bionicle really got serious; it was the first year I devoted myself to buying all that year's sets - which amazingly, I actually managed, from Whenua and Ahkmou in January, through to Vorzakh as the last one right at the very end of the year. Not to mention, the year I discovered BZPower and joined up; all in all, probably my best year as a far as being a Bionicle fan was concerned.

In '05, my interest waned a lot. Less through any fault of Bionicle's own - though I found the Visorak to be particularly underwhelming to start with - than because the hype leading up to the release of Revenge of the Sith stole my full attention, more or less. I believe I still visited BZP regularly, but mostly, RotS was all I cared about for the first half of that year. Eventually, once I'd watched the movie and the novelty of the Star Wars saga being complete had worn off, I found myself perusing the Lego aisle again, and for whatever reason, the Hordika riveted me. I bought Matau straight away, and when I found out that there was another movie in production, my interest once again began to climb.

'06 was another good year for the Bionicle fan part of me. At the time, I found the story captivating - it was the first year I cared to investigate the books - and the Piraka being the most interesting villains to date certainly played a part in that. Not only did I collect almost all of that year's sets at the time, that was also the year I discovered the joys of eBay, and decided it was time to try and complete my previous years' collections as well. Over the latter half of the year, I was buying Bohrok, Turaga, Visorak and others everywhere I could find them, building myself a substantial collection, though it wasn't until early 07 that it reached the state of completeness that I wanted.

'07 was when my interest began to wane again, after buying all of the Barraki. I found myself not caring much about Bionicle as a whole, even fell away from BZ for a bit, though I came back to my interest again later in the year - when the titans appealed to me, I think. Still, though I made a point of buying all the books and sets if I could, I wasn't the fan I had been. It was, I suppose, the beginning of the end for me and Bionicle.

'08, I enjoyed the sets, but I was less than impressed with the storyline. The Nuva were back, but seemed like much less interesting characters this time around, and around the middle of the year, I began to find interest in other things instead - such as, surprisingly, Disney films, which I'd never watched much as a child. I still kept on buying the sets and maintaining an interest for the rest of the year, though. Loved the fact that the story apparently ended with the villain winning - and looking back in the future, I would maintain that should have been Bionicle's epic ending.

'09 was, frankly, when I really gave up. I was still a regular visitor to BZP, but the Bara Magna 'restart' didn't appeal to me much, and the one set I did by - Fero and Skirmix - was so underwhelming that I didn't bother with any of the rest of them. I only loosely followed the storyline, and didn't much care for the movie, but maintained to see Bionicle through to its end the following year, only buying two more sets (Kiina and Tahu Star) along the way. Once Bionicle officially ended was when I fell away proper; didn't bother with the serials or anything, wondered away from BZPower (and got caught up roleplaying on another site instead). That was it for me, mostly, with only the nostalgia of the years I'd loved left. I sold a lot of my sets on eBay, keeping only those who held the biggest pull of nostalgia for me - still a substantial number, all things considered.

Over the last year or so, a spark of just casual interest has been rekindled. It's still mostly the nostalgia that keeps me with the fandom, since I can see how lacking much of the plot was nowadays, but I do enjoy looking back on the story from '01 to '08, messing about with it and the characters, hanging around on BZ again when I'm bored.

...wow, that came out a lot longer than I intended. You *did* ask for my autobiography, didn't you? :P

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

My story is quite simple.

It all started in 2006 with the Inika/Piraka promotion at Micky D's. Got Zaktan in a Happy Meal box and thought he was cool.

Went to Walgreens and picked up Inika Hahli. Sorta went into the dark after that. Then comes Xmas '07 when I got Mantax and Kalmah. Again, into the dark. Then I sort of got back into it around '09 and I've been collecting ever since.

Vahki_Yr4.PNG

^ Best year.

Proud to be from the Great White North

:flagcanada:

• 4 weeks later...

*tilts head sideways* what do you mean by this? explain your history as a fan? or explain your life story when you were a fan?

He means history as a fan. Life story info is not something you want to be putting in a forum

Unless you've spent your entire life with Tahu sitting by you....IT CAN HAPPEN. XD

My parents bought Levahk for me when there was a sale at Target or something. I had no comprehension of the story whatsoever; I was convinced that the Bohrok were the good guys. :P Then I think I subscribed to the LEGO magazine when I went to the LEGO store during my first trip to Disney World and started reading the comics. I bought Kopaka Nuva myself a year or so later and actually became interested in the story around late 2003 / early 2004. After that, there's not much to say, really. I closely followed both the story and the sets until the line's end.

Q2TtLEz.png

• 3 weeks later...

My mom got me Toa Nokama back when I was 4 because my favorite color was blue. had no idea that she was a girl (looks like everybody goes the same way when first buying blue Toa :P). Then my mom got me Rahaga Bomonga and my dad got me Nuju Hordika in 2005, then (somewhy I don't remember) I didn't get anything in 2006 (except an unprinted trans-yellow Kanoka from a promo my cousins gave me), then in 2007 my grandma got me Takadox (though I wanted Ehlek, but didn't tell anyone. Duh. XD). He has missed some pieces and the bulding instructions, but with time I fixed it with my extra parts. He came to be one of my favorite sets. Then in 2008 my dad, mom and grandma got me Krika (my dad stepped on Nuju's lower torso and broke a ball joint so making him buy Krika was my revenge on him. :P). In 2009 my grandma got me Ackar(?), but after seeing on Krika's manual the Kongu pic at the back (still don't get why they put stuff from the PAST year on the booklets) I told her I wanted the green one (without knowing she had already gotten me "the red one"), so she got me that and a 2005 City set (in 2009, store shelves, wat?). Then, under the assumption HF was BIONICLE (don't blame me, I was 10 :P), I got a few sets, afterwards realizing it was NOT BIONICLE (discovery! XD). Then in late 2011 I got rebuilt Matoran Hahli, then in late 2012 I got all Glatorian and in early 2013 I got Vahki Rorzahk.

Whew. That was SOME writing.

-G u u R a h K

To save myself the writing, I'll just copy and paste from my profile... :D

Hey BZPower!

I am Trydeltix, but you can call me Ben if you want. I am an avid Bionicle fan, and I am a Staff Member for the (that one media archive) and (Predator - Jungle Hunter's site). (Go to both of those sites. They're awesome! :D ) I am also working on putting together a Bionicle collection that could rival even Toa Lhikan Hordika's. However, my favorite part of the Bionicle world is the storyline. I believe Bionicle has one of the best stories I have ever seen. Bionicle was a huge part of my childhood, and it was a great influence on me. My first encounter with Bionicle was at a Toys R Us, in 2002. I was pretty young then, and I had not heard of Bionicle before. I saw the shelves lined with Toa Nuva and Bohrok. The one that intrigued me the most was Gali Nuva. Blue was my favorite color, you see, so that was the one I bought. I went home and built it with help from my uncle that night. Everything about the experience was so awesome. From building the set, to seeing the cool and mysterious graphics in the instruction manual, and actually playing with Gali, I instantly fell in love with Bionicle. Building Gali Nuva that night with my uncle is still today one of my most cherished memories. I started visiting Bionicle.com and playing MNOLG, and a little later MNOLG II. I quickly became more knowledgeable about the Bionicle universe and its characters, and I collected more and more sets. Today, my love and interest in Bionicle has not faded even slightly. Bionicle will always remain a part of my life.

I could go in to a full analysis of each year, but I really don't have the time for that at the moment.

Bliss.png

2001-2002 (5-4 BGC): My journey started with just commercials. I used to watch them and always thought the bohrahk were the coolest things ever. But I never got one because I was "too young".

2003 (3 BGC): One of my friends showed me his Bionicle collection. He had all the Bohrahk and the Toa, Toa Nuva, matoran, and rahi. I instantly became interested, unable to put them down. I loved the functionality, especially the rahi. They weren't very articulating, as the elbows and legs were all pre-bent. I didn't really care for posing though, all i cared about was a tarakava delivering a knock out punch to the other one. After some time the rahkshi came out, and they were even better. They still had functionality, but they were now posable. Up until the rahkshi, i didn't buy any of the Bionicles, just played with my friend's collection. One day, i was given Kurahk, and Ice became my home element (although i later learned he was a rahkshi of anger, not Ice). That Christmas, i was given Lewa nuva, Takanuva, Pewku, Turahk, Gurrahk, and Vorahk. Later i got makuta and Lerahk, but unfortunately, i never got Panrahk. Unfortunatly, my friend quit Bionicle and gave them all away (not to me though) and tried to make me give up Bionicle too. I refused to put away my Bionicles, and just kept collecting and building until i had most of the Nuva and a few matoran, most of the rahkshi, and all the titans. Then the movie Mask of Light came out, and I was sucked into the story.

2004 (2 BGC): The Vahki arrived. Surprisingly, the only Vahki i did not get was the Ice one, despite Ice being my home element. The first vahki i got was the air type. When the toa metru came out, my first was also the air type. I played the Mata Nui online game II with a computer that could only operate for 30 minutes at a time, so i never got far. ( oh if only i could play that game now, with a much better computer!). Then the movie came out, and i was most satisfied ( I was like 8 yrs old...) and wanted more.

2005 (1 BGC): The visorak appeared from the shadowed remnants of Metru Nui and I immediately set out to get one. My first was the brown w/ red visorak, and followed by the green one. When the toa cam out, i lost all interest in the visorak and got the Air, Stone, Earth, and Fire toa. When the movie came out, it felt much darker than the other two before it. But it was Bionicle, so i made myself satisfied and watched it many more times.

2006 (The Great Change): so before this i have been refering to everything as BGC (Before the Great Change). Now the great change happens. Up until the year, all the toa had some sort of gear function. This time there are no gears, instead they are much more like action figures. For me, this could mean the end since my love of bionicle started with the functionality, being able to make swords swing or the tarakava go at, punching wildly. But I adjusted just went back to my Ice element with Matoro (So wish i could have him as matoran). No movie came out this year, so I had to follow the game Bionicle Heroes to have a story (which wasn't really a story, and there was only one talking person).

2007 (1 AGC): The Baraki caught my attention very quickly, and I started to get over the loss of functionality. Ehlek was my first of this line and is still one of my favorites. And Maxilos and Spinax were the best duo since the Tarakava (I really, really like/want Tarakava). Still no movie, I have almost given up hope. Nearly lost some Toa Mahri pieces when i tried to bring them in a pool...

2008 (2 AGC): The Phantoka were one of my favorites, since villians and toa came out together. The combination mode of Matoran and toa/makuta was a great idea. My favorite thing was the song Gravity Hurts, reminded me so much of the good old days of Bionicle. To make things even more nostalgic, the full team of Toa Nuva was brought back, along with my beloved Takanuva.

2009-2010 (3 AGC): The glatorian came out. I got Gresh and was like "nope". But my friends got them so i put up with it. Luckily i didnt have to long, Bionicle was coming to a close and we landed on a soft note with the return of the Rahkshi, Tahu mata, and Takanuva.

2011+ (4 AGC+): Desperately trying to keep my collection alive and rebuilding some of my first Bionicles and making a tribute to Kurahk. Through it all, I'm proud (i think) to say i never let go of BIonicle even though everyone else was. I'm glad to have found these forums and see other people who see what i see. And i still remember my three virtues, Unity! Duty Destiny!

The End? Never...

Edited by war_wolf

WELL, I got interested when I saw the advertisement for the pre order of Tahu and Turaga Vakama in ~2001. A while later I bought Onua and was hooked. And proceeded to try and buy every canister set possible, with a good portion of boxed sets as well.

Flashforward two years and I joined BZP because being able to talk to other people about BIONICLE was cool.

Flashforward five and a half-six years later and I graduated from High School. With college being the main focus I just sort of stopped collecting BIONICLE, and Lego in general. Up till this point I owned every single canister set save for 2001 Tahu, and I more or less just stopped buying them. The comics stopped coming for some reason so I didn't really follow any of the post 2008 story. And while I tried to keep up with bioniclestory, the story was just getting too big and convoluted.

Flashforward four years later to today. BIONICLE sets are no longer in production obviously, but I've been trying to understand more of the later story by visiting sites like BS01. But I'm still a regular here and willing to post in topics like this so clearly I haven't abandoned my interest in the line completely.

BZPRPG

I had heard of Bionicle, but I wasn't as interested as I was in System sets, specifically Star Wars. But one time, at a friend's house, I was playing with his Bionicle pieces, and I built a Toa. I forget what I called him, but it was the coolest thing I'd ever built. So I convinced my parents to get me Onua and Pohatu Nuva for Christmas. I had a ball with them. Then I gut Kurahk, and I think all the other Vahki. I also got Kopaka Nuva, several Lew Nuva, a handful of Matoran, and a couple Turaga. I got Takanuva, Makuta, two Takua & Pewku sets...I was thoroughly obsessed. I got all the Toa Metru, all the Vahki...I think I got every single 2004 set. Same with the Hordika, but I missed out on several Visorak. About the time of the Mistika, I started falling away. Between my brothers and I, we had all the Toa Mistika, but only two Makuta, I think. I got the Jetrax T6, and it was easily my favorite set ever. But then came the Glatorian, and I only got Mata-Nui, maybe one Glatorian figure, and Tahu from the All-Stars. After that was when I left BZP for a while. I came back for a month or two, then left until a couple days ago. I'm still interesting in MOCing, and I've been collecting the Avengers sets. In fact, at my desk at school, I have Iron Man (Mark 42) and War Machine standing vigil on top of my computer!

If Bionicle ever comes back, you can bet I'll buy them. But I've only bought a couple Hero Factory sets, and I didn't much like them. I hope they reboot Bionicle, and start again with rather simple sets like way back when.