BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC Seiryu

"... In terms of my immediate family, Toroshu Kyoshi and myself are the only members left." He did not give explicit mention to the fact that his sister would probably be dead within the year. "As for my clansisters... Only 23 bearing the name Amakusa remain."

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: Ahrusa

Ahrusa did not appreciate being given the runabout, especially about a matter of such importance. "Unfortunately, your dossier says otherwise. You obviously know what kind of tension I'm referring to, the kind that would tear this Empire apart."

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC Seiryu

"I am most grateful to hear that you held my mother in such high regard. I humbly accept your praise on behalf of my mother." He gave a respectful bow. "Alas, there are others," he continued as he gave a quick glance at Toroshu Fursic, "who choose to focus on the negative aspects of her term; this, perhaps, is why the families that made up our clan have split apart once more. Only Matou and Sai remain loyal to us." He thought of the chemical burn beneath his Kanohi-nobody had ever seen it before-and his sister's own illness. "What a legacy our mother left to us," he thought silently.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC (Kilanya)

"Kilanya," she replied. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The Toroshu thought she might have heard this Datsue's name before somewhere...but she could not place it. It didn't matter; she was pleased to have met him. The old man seemed to have a very level head on his shoulders.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Tazera had no way of knowing, not for sure, but with a single comment she had cut through all the behaviors, all the facades, all of the day-to-day toil straight towards the one goal that Sinshi held most dear. Almost as if on instinct, the facial responses that would have followed that comment were locked down, a reflexive attempt to prevent any indication that she had struck a chord. It was instinct, one that she found she didn't really want to further. She forced down the defensive instincts honed by years of being of her status, and nodded slightly.

"That is my goal, ma'am. Not one I truly expect to succeed, but it is the objective I value most highly."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Vilda Mako (Dragon Hall)

"A real treat, Ageru Kilanya" I replied, pondering for a moment where I'd heard the name before, it rapped against something in my noggin that I couldn't quite place. She was obviously pretty high up there, otherwise she wouldn't be here, and especially not in that getup.

My concentration placed elsewhere, I suddenly felt a very concrete weight lift off my head, and a ruffling of feathers.

"Kama, no-" I bellowed almost in panic, next thing I knew Kama had perched herself... on Kilanya's shoulder, inspecting the headdress closely.

I sighed. That bird is going to mean the end of me someday.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Kilanya)

Kilanya laughed melodiously as the Janu landed on her shoulder, examining her headdress intently. She turned her face to look at the inquisitive little bird, and reached out with a finger to stroke the soft feathers just above her beak.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Kama purred as Kilanya stroked her feathers, I just shook my head with a small smile as Kama projected an aura of triumph at me.

:Alright, so maybe there is something to what Soraph said: I muttered in half-annoyance as Kama returned to my side, landing on my shoulder.

"Had your fill now have you?" I asked, she made a nod that was partly a haughty throw of her head.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Soraya

"Yes," I breathed, rather taken away by the exquisite dress itself. I want one like that! And her makeover in general was just fantastic as though Hana herself tidied her up. "That's her."

Normally I don't do this—telling relative strangers secrets I reserve for deep conversations with Hana or Inokio isn't my thing because so many people would take what I say and run to sell it to someone else—but Soraya was an exception. She wasn't in my inner circle, that's for sure, but she was dependable and keen; I trusted her. And so, I squatted down, put my mouth close to her ear and said, "Befriending the tools of my enemies and turning them against their old masters always did tickle me. Nihi was an easy case."

"Your Highness," a handmaiden of mine greeted upon approach, "sorry for the interruption, but it's time for your address."

"Thank you," I said, rising up. "Soraya, we'll have to continue this later, I'm afraid. Please enjoy yourself—there's plenty spirit for everybody," I said with a wink before stepping into the crowd.

Soraph

"A girl... and a guy," Inokio added abstrusely and shot a clever glance at Soraph as their dancing pace was kicked up a few notches. "Some things are best left unshared.

"But others are much less coded. Put simply: I haven't had the time," he said of his relationship status. "There was no chance of it in the guard, and even now that I'm free of that obligation I still teach and train. My efforts to find the one have been minimal. Besides, I'm in my prime—I'm not in a rush even though Tyee may think otherwise.

"As for you?" he asked and joked, "Does Clan Vilda have a breeding committee to find your husband?"

I stepped out onto the balcony overlooking the dance floor and took a moment to absorb the sight. It all looked so dazzling, what with dresses of all colors and shades as though every sort of flower was represented in a garden's square. They shimmered to the music like petals in a breeze and pleasant conversation drifted to my ears, sweetened by the song played below. This is what the people needed, a distraction from the realities of ruling. Relisai dared try to break this cordiality with her schemes and paid the price; here, people were supposed to be happy.

But the occasion also served as the idea platform to promote and draw attention to myself. My mom's message was clear: She was preparing for the worst and was slowly empowering me more and more. The day before, when she told me to publicize the upcoming expedition, it was clear she was wishing I put my face out there for people to see. For most of twenty-three decades I had been just an unseen royal, known by features mostly just to toroshu and my imminence by most everyone else. Sure, the whole empire knew a girl named Yumiwa was heiress to the throne but aside from that, nothing. Here and now, in the presence of toroshu from all clans and their children and their handmaidens and their relatives, I presented myself to my highest subjects.

Well... not just yet. I retreated a bit into the shadows until the right time, which was very soon. The current song was a perfect climactic point for my entrance, and as it came to a close a familiar servant stepped out on the balcony and called down to the crowd. It was the same girl who called my name out when I entered the empty floor earlier, only this time she did it at the proper time—and yeah, in case you're wondering: She is hot as ######.

"Ladies and sirs," her booming voice announced over the hall's expanse. "I present to you a woman who's magnificence precedes her, your lovely hostess, Her Imperial Highness the Chōjo, Yumiwa of Clan Umbraline, Crown Princess of the Dasaka Empire."

People cheered and clapped as I stepped forward to the balustrade and waved graciously to the people below while shining my smile, effortlessly showing every bit of my royal side while secretly trying to not look as drunk as I expected I was. Thankfully I had consumed a healthy amount of protein before coming up and guzzled some water to freshen myself, so I wasn't that bad. In fact, things were looking pretty good! Great job, you party princess—keep it up, Yumi, keep yourself together. This is important business!

"My people," I began when the welcome died down and allowed me to speak, "I thank you all for coming to tonight's festivity. I know many of you traveled from your clan's lands, and for taking the time to travel hither for this event I doubly thank you.

"This party is meant to celebrate two things: Our successes, but especially our diversity. Truly, as I look down and see all these dresses and masks I am reminded that no two clans—or even two people—are alike, and that pleases me. It pleases me because, despite our differences and traits, we can still all gather and be festive as one unified body. That is Order, and that is why we as an empire succeed so much." The crowd enthusiastically applauded to that point, basically patting themselves on the back.

"I would also like to announce something to you all. As some of you may know by now, it has been decided that a bigger, greater expedition shall occur to investigate the newly discovered island of Mata Nui, to explore it and its culture. This shall truly be a journey for our future, and my mother has honoured me to go and see this strange island firsthand as the Throne's envoy. To accommodate this undertaking a new submersible was commissioned, grander and more magnificent than any we have seen before, to be under the command of Commodore Umbraline Ayiwah and a crew of her choosing. I would like to direct your attention to the commodore," I said, gesturing broadly towards the table where my cousin sat, and she rose to accept the scrutiny I pressed on her visage.

"As I understand it, this vessel still has not been named. Ayiwah, the honour is yours. Have you thought what to christen your new ship?" I asked.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

IC:

As soon as her highness had begun to mention the expedition, Ayiwah knew what would come next. She had expected that her invitation to the party had served more of a purpose than to just make sure all the highest-ranked military officials were present. That the expedition would be topic of the discussion had been pretty much guaranteed. That the crown princess would let that Kanohi Dragon fly so soon though was a bit of a surprise. But being prepared to deal with the unexpected was part of the job. And just as luck would have it (or rather, careful timing), just a day after commissioning her dress, the commodore had found a letter delivered via messenger bird in her quarters; the parchment sealed with thick wax and the royal emblem of the Rora. It had contained a recommendation...

Without hesitation, Ayiwah rose as Yumiwa addressed her directly, despite her being quite aware that between her and the entire leadership of the empire were just a few lenths of light silky cloth and a bit jewelry hanging from her navel. Duty came first and even without her dress uniform, the commodore carried herself with as much professionalism and authority as always.

She respectfully bowed to the assembled nobles quickly, before standing back up straight and looking over to Yumiwa on the balcony.

"Thank you, your highness. It is my great pleasure to announce that the second expedition to the island of Mata Nui will be undertaken by the Chiisai Ryuu, which is in its final stages of assembly in the yard's drydock."

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ic: "Chiisai Ryuu," I gasped. My heartlight stopped for a couple beats—my hastily palm covered it as I recaptured my composure as quickly as it fled. Such a name could only have come at the suggestion of my mother since I was pretty sure Ayiwah didn't know of it's special meaning to me. And if Mom did suggest that name, it really did illustrate the sheer magnanimousness she had for me. A battle raged around my eyes as I fought back tears of unbridled joy. It wasn't even my name day! I had to show some level of gratitude, though, at least to the messenger who clearly not had an idea what that name meant to me.

Well ######, why not share it with the people present? My eyes flitted down briefly on the disinterested visage of Toroshu Nera and her sister, then the outrageous appearance of the Dastana twins (are there any limits to their vanity?) and decided that yes, I would share the meaning in the ship's name and if it insulted them to know how much my mom loved me then all the better. Suck it, Kuno! :devil:

"Chiisai Ryuu," I repeated, loudly this time, then paused for effect. "In my youth my mother dubbed me her 'Little Dragon' and the nickname has remained sacred in my family ever since," I said unabashedly. My dress suddenly had a very special, if coincidental, importance in this occasion and I stifled a sob as I looked down on the fine embroidery, admiring it like a proud dragon would its many scales. "Commodore, I am deeply honoured in your choice and so incredibly touched. Thank you." Once again, the people applauded, softer this time in the weight of the emotion.

"At this time I would like to remind you all to eat, drink and be content. We have several musical guests performing tonight as well, the first of whom will be following me. And again, I'm gracious of you all being here. I hope to mingle and speak with all of you. Enjoy!"

I stepped back into the alcove as the partygoers all applauded one more time, vigorously so, and joined the announcer servant in the shadows. Without saying a word I almost jumped the few steps between us and assaulted her with a huge embrace—in lieu of Hanako, she was the closest thing I could express my repressed euphoria on. I sobbed uncontrollably for a solid minute, swaying in the hug and shrieking lowly, before finally releasing the massive squeeze. She suddenly gasped for air and nearly fell over in faintness, but my happiness was infectious and she wore a huge smile on her face even as she struggled to be upright against the wall.

By the time she was fully recovered I had vanished to rejoin the party below, but I'm pretty sure I gave her a moment to last a lifetime, hopefully for the better.

Edited by Crown Princess Yumiwa

IC:

Ayiwah smiled, pleased that the impromptu address of the party guests had gone over smoothly. She had in fact been made aware of the name's meaning through the letter, which had come from the Rora herself. And it had indeed been fitting, not just due to the chojo's partaking in the expedition but also because the dragons meant a lot to the empire at large.

Also, the Chiisai Ryuu was a little dragon compared to the Yukanna and the empire's other ships of the line.

With the eyes back on the princess, the commodore turned back around and sat down next to her companions again.

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

Ic: Donévako

Donévako leaned up against the light pole across from the party. She drank out of the bottle she had in her hand. She want very popular or rich or important. The streets were empty accept for the occasional person ordered out of the party.

OOc:open for interaction

Edited by Party Poison

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

IC(Moeru):

For a split second, I freeze, staring at the Chojo, upon the mention of Mata Nui.

Another expedition? And a bigger one?

And I know one thing:

When that submersible leaves the Archipelago, I will be on board.

Whether I can get into the crew legitimately or whether I'm forced to resort to... shadier means, I can't know for sure that anyone on board will even try, let alone suceed, to keep a war from breaking out unless that person is me.

Of course, ideally I will be able to get in legitimately; if at all possible, that will be my goal.

But I do not fear alternate options.

For now, I'll continue to plan on legitimacy. Chances are, assuming the crew isn't already complete, I'll need some sort of recommendations. Perhaps I could get one from-

"Toroshu Rida of Clan Mamoru."

-yeah, her.

Wait, what in the ?!

I spin to face the entrance and see my sister entering, wearing a dress made to resemble a dark crimson dragon.

Then we make eye contact.

:What in Zuto Nui's name are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be on Iki!:

Quickly, she walks over to me.

"I could say the exact same thing about you. You're supposed to be my bodyguard, how exactly is that carried out from Sado?"

"Come on, you live underground. Literally. You're the Toroshu of a minor clan, I decided you could probably go one night without me there. Besides, I thought you weren't interested in parties."

"Normally, I'm not. Normally, they're not thrown by the Chojo."

"So you were planning on coming the entire time?"

"Of course. I don't make decisions on a whim like you."

Aggravated, I decide to drop the subject. "Look, we're both here now, so why don't we just enjoy the party?"

"Well, it looks like I'm late. What did I miss?"

"Toroshu of Vilda got kicked out for starting a fight or something, First Son of Vilda's servant slapped someone, he and I got yelled at by Princess Desdemona, the Chojo announced a second expedition to Mata Nui. Y'know, normal party stuff."

"Wait, you got yelled at by who?!"

OOC: Moeru and Rida open for interaction.

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Ic: Donévako

She thought why not? and entered the party. The guards tried to stop her, but she paid them off. She saw some people arguing in the corner. She walked up to them. "Hi" she said, drunkenly "hows it going?"

Ooc; I'm talking to you, nold

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

NPC IC: Hogo Guardswoman

Donévako would find her arms clasped behind her tightly by a strong grip. If she had been sober enough to crane her head around to look at the person currently holding onto her, she would immediately see the navy and crimson crest of the Hogo clan. Despite the drunk's beliefs that she had successfully managed to crash the party, the Hogo guards were not so sloppy as to turn a blind eye to her trespass. After all, this was the Imperial Princess' party - it would not do for drunks, lepers and beggars to swarm in.

"Yare yare dawa," muttered the guardswoman as she dragged Donévako away, pushing the drunk back through the door. "No entry without invites!"

The door to the Dragon Hall closed behind them. The guardswoman gave a slight glare to the receptionist, who had been responsible for letting everyone in, before returning to stare at Donévako, now lying on the ground in a haze of alcohol.

"We need to talk about trying to trespass into the Princess' own event," she said matter-of-factly.

Edited by Fabulous Sunshine

NPC IC: Hogo Guardswoman

"Didya really have to play along with her delusions of having paid ya off?" asked the guardswoman drily to the receptionist. "I smell like cheap booze now."

The receptionist shrugged. "It does not matter. You would mostly likely find the scent: 'kinky'."

"Well screw you too," grumbled the Hogo guardswoman, reentering the Hall.

OOC: Getting Caught up never felt so laborious, lol. WHOOHOO FOR SO MUCH INTERACTION.

IC: Daikura Koga and Ihi

The Sun arced across the dance floor, heat-stones warming those who orbited close by. He was not the center of the universe, simply the first son of the Daikura clan garbed in light and heat and silk. In his hand he carried a wide-brimmed but shallow glass of the wine, taken from a waiter who had like an asteroid passed Koga by in a moment of celestial divination. It is a party, drink, be gay, the comet had prophesied. One was supposed to follow the wisdom of the stars of course, and so the Sun was swept up by the celebrations until he found his daughter of night.

:Tasa!: Koga ideatalked the pet-name with a smile blazing an arc across the unmasked portion of his face. The tall orange and yellow spikes of his mask dipped as Koga leaned forward and tapped his brow upon his daughter's. :It's good to see you my sweet. I heard of your prowess in this year's Tarakona Games. A great honor to win such high esteem. How's your mother?:

The toroshu of the Daikura clan had disappeared before the arrival of Koga. She had spoken to him recently on a willhammer lesson plan and was loath to spend another moment in the presence of his gaudy costume sense. Instead, Ihi had taken her bedazzled self to the wings of the dance floor where a Kingfisher delicately dipped into a sea of fish to pull out a choice pair. Upon reaching the man she realized it was indeed who she had hoped.

"Ah, Inokio, would you do me the pleasure of a dance?" Ihi asked. She knew him from the Yards, his frequent visits and occasional forays into teaching had left a permanent memory in the mind of the toroshu.

OOC: Sorry this took so long; had a difficultly dealing with my busy schedule.

IC: :She is well: Tarasu answered. :What have you been up to as of late?:

In the time before I had spoken with my father, several things had happened-I observed several scuffles by the Vilda, and decided that if I had any students from that clan, than I would indeed be somewhat harsh about their discipline within the Yards. It was then that the princess announced the trip to Mata Nui. :I wish I could go. I would love to learn the history of their land and add to the archives of the Towers.:

IC (Dakte, Kilanya)

Once the applause had died down and the announcer recovered from her impromptu Yumi-hug, she returned to the stage and announced the first of the musical acts mentioned by the Crown Princess.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for your musical delectation, Ageru Dakte!"

His cue given, Dakte ascended the steps to the stage to a fresh round of applause. As he bowed low, he felt almost all the eyes in the Dragon Hall on him. This was the most high-profile performance he'd given, and the largest audience he'd had. Performance anxiety, however, did not grip his heart; instead, as he always did on stepping up to perform, he felt a sudden calm wash over him, a kind of zen that allowed him the relaxed clarity he needed.

He straightened up.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is my distinct honour to play for you here, and on such a marvellous instrument."

He gestured to the Umbralines' harpsichord behind him.

"I will be performing a set of eight variations, then a few minuets - please feel free to dance - and to close, a short three-part invention."

Kilanya had not turned her head at the announcement, but as the male spoke she shivered a little. That was a voice she had not heard in years, except in dreams. It was a voice she had both yearned and feared to hear, but she had not expected to hear it now. She had not realised he had gained so much prestige as to be invited to the Chojo's party (as the first performer, no less), despite the occasional report she received of his standing on Sado.

Despite the mask of leaves hiding her features, she could not bear to look as he spoke.

Dakte turned away from the audience and approached the harpsichord. He lifted the silken cover from its two keyboards and adjusted the stool, then seated himself.

He breathed in, closing his eyes, and slowly reached out toward the ivory and crystal keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLI8oh8wY6A

Slowly, he began to play. A sweet aria of string-plucks echoed through the Dragon Hall. Dakte did not just use his fingers to play - the movements came through his shoulders, his whole body moving gently, transferring through his arms to the fingertips and the keys. With unerring skill, his hands danced across the keys. The piece contained many ornaments, elegant trills and mordents requiring precision and speed belied by the slow tempo, and was a perfect showcase for Dakte's honed dexterity. His performance was not pure skill, though, for then it would have been impressive but ultimately boring to listen to. The male put a wealth of expression into the music, pausing just a little here and there, placing this note, moving quickly off another, and weaving a colourful tapestry of sound that was limited only by the instrument.

The next variation began, and the music moved into a series of lively interlocking voices, and Dakte's hands began to spring and dance around and over one another. Sometimes it was a smooth legato, sometimes a spidery staccato, and sometimes both as the different voices told their own stories.

Each variation echoed those before but remained unique. Despite their mathematical complexity, they flowed from Dakte's memory to his hands as easily as if they were originating there and then. There was a freedom in performance, and Dakte contemplated it as he played. It was almost like meditation: the mind perfectly in union with the body, and yet somehow freer from its confines. It was an experience unlike any other.

Almost any other.

He knew she listened.

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 1

Despite myself (for once), I remained silent as Yumiwa made the grand announcement and presentation of herself as the upcoming Rora. Little Dragon was right, if I recalled her explosion at Relisai earlier. Speaking of which I still owe her a thanks for that save, and I still have to tell Soraph what happened.

Kilanya almost seemed to freeze as the music (which was admittedly rather pleasant) began. Far be it for me to pry into other people's business, so I just left the scene while the tone was good.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ageru Kilanya. I think I spot a good friend of mine somewhere there. Another time perhaps" I said with a nod as I disappeared to where I thought I'd spotted Soraph.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ic Donévako

Waking up in a pool of cheep booze wasn't very fun. She hated that #### guardswoman. As she staggered away she heard beautiful music and another guest was ordered out. The guest said in pure elation "there's another voyage to the island!" Donévako knew she had to get on that ship.

BzpRpg Profile

IC: Amaki

The music was beautiful. Amaki gripped onto her plate of exotic-looking fruit tightly, mesmerised by the performance her fellow musician. So much emotion could be felt behind each note, as if the keys and player were one. She was struggling to maintain her composure, especially when faced with such expressive sounds.

In a way, the young Fursic drummer was a bit jealous, and definitely very humbled. Amaki didn't believe she could ever be as good as somebody who had dedicated their life to music, and wished she had even a fraction of the talent Dakte possessed. Maybe she was selling herself short, but in her mind, her confidence was beginning to wane a bit.

Oh Zuto I'm going to have to go after him ack I don't know if I can do this.

Ic:

By the time she was fully recovered I had vanished to rejoin the party below, but I'm pretty sure I gave her a moment to last a lifetime, hopefully for the better.

Ah, no, that wasn't Soraph over there, someone else in the middle of a dance. As I turned around and looked again, I spotted Yumiwa nearby, just the other gal I wanted to talk to, and Kama could feel it too.

"Chojo," I called to get her attention as I walked up, "you disappeared so fast I didn't get to say thanks for the save earlier"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ic: It hadn't been a full minute on the floor again when Mako found me. "You should be thanking Kama," I kindly replied, snatching a snack from a passing servant's tray. "If it weren't for her memories I wouldn't have known what to do! Though, for my part, you're welcome. It was partly self-defence, though; Relisai insulted me as well, and that cannot go unpunished."

I stuffed the sandwich into my mouth gleefully, quickly softening it up with a dose of wine.

"Relisai's had it coming for a long time as far as I'm concerned, and yeah, I know I owe Kama a lot too." I replied as I noticed the food, realizing that I was pretty darn hungry after such a taxing endeavor.

It was time to indulge my rather big appetite. Kama descended to the table and "inspected" the food.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Daijuno -- Dragon Hall

"To be perfectly fair to your seamstress, it is a lovely dress--"

I might have gotten through a few more flatteries after that, if not for the sudden announcement that the magnificently glorious chojo had a few words for her collected and half-drunk audience. I was just about to start another cup of wine myself, not to mention share a few disguisedly snide comments with the Dasaka as soon as the crown princess started talking about diversity ("yes, yes, all these nobles, nothing but nobles, were special unique snowflakes, weren't they"), when crown princess Yumiwa started talking about Mata Nui.

"I would also like to announce something to you all. As some of you may know by now, it has been decided that a bigger, greater expedition shall occur to investigate the newly discovered island of Mata Nui, to explore it and its culture," she said, and started on about the new submersible being commissioned and captained by some Umbraline commodore, but I'd stopped listening by this point. All I could think of was Mata Nui, and the riches it held for the Emprie me.

"Well now, this is interesting," I said to the Dasaka.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Conversations died down or dropped low as the music began to play. It was a lovely melody and Ayiwah listened to it intently, every now and then glancing down from the dais to watch the artist.

:That is quite an opening act...: she said mentally, directing the thoughts at Tazera. :Such a performance will be remembered. I imagine your Toroshu will be quite pleased, Taz.:

IC:

Sinshi listened with rapt attention as the Chojo spoke, smiling faintly at her explanation of the name. As Dakte took to the stage, she was still pondering the expedition; The more she thought about it, the more she found that she wanted to go. The opportunity was massive, and as the Lieutenant had pointed out, there would be few better chances to further her goals. What better chance for honor could she find in these times? The Menti listened to the music intently, but her mind was focused on the expedition. It was an adventure, a chance to venture to unknown lands alongside some of the greatest Dasaka of the day. Such events were remembered for generations, and no doubt this one would be more momentous than them all.

She wanted to go, wanted to explore and to gain honor in the process. She could scarcely imagine what she could learn from the trip, both from the new land and from those she would travel with.

She realized she was looking intently at her companions, and looked away, taking a long sip from her drink. Even now, she tried to avoid drawing attention to herself out of habit.

OOC: Nihonei post tomorrow, when I have more time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

"Now that's a pretty big load of things to get through, so bear with me"

"When I was born, it was the usual business, before I'd even stopped being just a wee lad, suddenly I was ripped away from everything I knew, however fleetingly it was, I'm still not sure what my Pop's name was, and I never got to meet him, and my Mother wasn't very important to my training, so there's that too."

I emptied the glass reserved for Soraph a fifth time, and my eyes went a bit glazed, reminiscing and alcohol usually don't go well together.

"Yumiwa, I imagine you probably know a thing or two about having responsibilities that take up a lot of your time, being the Crown Princess and all, well, imagine basically that, only 24 hours a day seven days a week for thousands of years, on top of that with people occasionally trying their hardest to kill you, and you have me."

My voice was evidently angered and bitter, my inhibitions gone as I gave Yumiwa everything.

"I was a bodyguard, you know what means? It means I couldn't so much as wiggle a finger without it being on someone else's behalf. And because I was good at my job, I became a trophy to my family and a chess piece for the Toroshu. A healthy, strong male I don't need to tell you is an incredibly valuable asset, not in the least for the purposes of keeping the population"

"Alright, now there's a can of worm if ever there was one"

"I did my part, that's all I'm going to say about that. Well... aside from this one girl that I actually wanted to be with..."

"Do you know what it's like to find the one for you, only to know in your heart that it's darn near impossible that it could ever be realized? Well I do, and yes, I'm fully aware that I basically gave the middle finger to all Three Virtues by trying to pursue it anyway, and I don't regret a single second I spent pursuing that dream, I only regret not being there for her when she needed me the most... when she died."

Darnit, the bottle's talking again.

"So yeah, I lost her, so I guess I got my righteous comeuppance for the crime of acting beyond my position" I said, my voice dripping with bitter sarcasm.

"You want to know the worst of it? Because that wasn't it, no the worst part was when Relisai came to power riding the coattails of Kulrik's birth, because it was thanks to that witch that I couldn't be there, not even for her funeral."

"Relisai's left me estranged from my clan because of all the distant positions she assigned me to, I didn't even know much about Kulrik until I retired, and since then he's only helped contribute to my perception of First Sons as a whole, and Soraph is an extremely recent acquaintance. The only real friend I have left is Kama right here"

"So now I just mind my own business, I don't really have anything more to give to a society that dictated my every move like an unwilling puppet"

"In all fairness, I'm not looking to blame you or Yusanora or anyone else for what happened to me, it was partially my fault anyway, I just felt you deserved to know where I was coming from, without any gray zones"

• Upvote 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Hmm... so at least I've earned her attention. Use it wisely, Mako.

"Soraph, as I said, I've only met fairly recently. She's nice enough company and all that, but that's not really the reason I'm here with her. Rather, it's because she's a stranger to her own clan, much like me. Relisai's been keeping her stuck here on Sado for a long time, because she was paranoid that Soraph was actively plotting to usurp her, and as such she's been as much of a stranger to her home and people as I have. I cherish what kinship I can find"

"And as for First Sons..." I took a deep breath, "my opinion is that they're a bunch of ungrateful, whiney self-absorbed little snots, the lot of them, or at least I have yet to meet someone who proves me otherwise"

"Our own First Son is a self-obsessed womanizer, the Dastana's more vain than this entire room, the Fursic is a spineless momma's boy, and the Roku can't keep his affairs in order for two seconds"

"They want to complain about their position when they at least have some influence and importance? Give me a break"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Celis (Dragon Hall)

Celis rolled her eyes faintly at this comment

"How about this, if I notice any tension I will let you know. However perhaps you should be asking those hogo clan members over there." she motions to some random hogo guard as if they have any actual importance "I'm am fairly certain they would know better than I as to the situation at hand since it is their job."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Seiryu

Seiryu's eyebrow slowly raised as the Chojo made her announcement on the expedition to Mata Nui. He could not help thinking of all the possible things that could go wrong as well as the consequences the results of such an expedition would have.

But he had no time to give a lengthy voicing if his opinion as Ageru Dakte completely stole the attention of the crowd with his music. "... Have I seen an instrument of that manner before?" Seiryu wondered to himself. "If not, then I must ask Dakte for more information on it. Nevertheless, it appesrs that he has complete mastery over the sound of the instrument... 'Tis supposed to sound like that, am I correct?"