BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

I've done a lot of stupid things in my time, but, honestly, I wasn't about to waste any more of my time with these two.

"You know what," I said, rising to my feet, two hands in the air and a scowl on my face, "I'm out. You two jokers wanna keep taking the ###### out of each other, fine by me! But leave me the ###### out of it, okay? I'm getting a ###### drink."

With that, I shoved my hands into the pockets of my coat and stalked away.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"I'll have you know stone is a perfectly fi--"

And then Gunner got up and left. Edubard raised an eyebrow, watching the retreating form of his fellow shipmate, before turning back to Elkau.

"In all truth, that actually was unexpected. I'd sooner have bet on you deciding to try and attack us with that staff of yours."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Son of a-- a Pehkui?

Even as Elly dove between his legs in her newly tiny form, The Fa-Toa skidded to a stop, trying to keep up with the sudden reversal.

Whirling, he saw her 6 inch legs could only carry her so far in such a time period--

And dove for it, attempting to snatch her in his hands while he could.

helo frens

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"I'll have you know stone is a perfectly fi--"

And then Gunner got up and left. Edubard raised an eyebrow, watching the retreating form of his fellow shipmate, before turning back to Elkau.

"In all truth, that actually was unexpected. I'd sooner have bet on you deciding to try and attack us with that staff of yours."

IC: Elkau - Ta-Koro

"Very unexpected indeed, although he was wrong in his little speech in the sense there's only one joker here, you can look in the mirror to find out who it is"

It's time to move on.

IC: Just barely too slow.

Highwind's grip on her trailing leg turned into one on her ankle as she grew back to full size. Clamping down tight, he grinned at his assured victory...

And then saw that she was falling backward, his grip combined with her backstep  causing her to essentially be tripped from behind.

"!"

Adrenal glands went to work.

He shifted gears, and acted fast. Mask glowing as he channeled his Pakari, the small De-Toa became naught but a ragdoll before his monstrous strength. Yanking her in by the leg, he sprung forward as hard as he could from his awkward, belly down position. His free hand shot outwards, racing the cold, hard, tiled floor for the back of her head. Hopefully that spout of quick thinking'd be enough.

Because if she fell back on that and cracked her skull...

Well, neither "feeling terrible" nor "in a world of trouble" would accurately describe the situation he'd have landed himself in. There was only so far he felt like taking his retribution. 

helo frens

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly was staring at the ceiling, and trying to figure out exactly what she was doing there, before she remembered the leg pull. The pink Toa glared over in Jol's direction, and proceeded to drive her elbow into his side. "What was that about, you idiot?!" Elly ranted, as she looked over in annoyance.

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"You know - just as well as I do - that you're contributing to it yourself," Edubard replied, laughing. "You can't claim complete innocence of any jocularity or intention to be overly stubborn and argumentative."

profiles i guess

IC: "You good?" he asked, before sharply recieving an elbow to the floating rib and wincing, oblivious to his audience as he moved to her side rather than "sort of on top of her" where he'd landed in the mad scramble. Something like half-guard.

"Yeah, you're fine. Accidents happen. You moved back right as I got a hold of you." he explained placatingly, Pakari slowly losing it's incandescent aura. "This is better than cracking your head on the tile, I'd say."

Come on, give a guy credit.

"Now then, that crisis averted--" he said, bringing the De-Toa's head back upright and releasing her into a seated position in front of him. "This,"

He brought a hand up and flicked her between the eyes.

"Is for tricking me."

He then looked up, and saw the Warrant Officer stonily watching them the entire time.

"Uh, found her."

Edited by Tsumugu Kinagise

helo frens

Elly looked back, and then waved at Solvi, and then looked over at Jolek and raised an eyebrow as he simply had flicked her. "... You know, after all that running, I didn't expect that." Elly muttered, rather surprised, but not complaining.

IC: "Well, it's not like I'm allowed to actually beat you up, or anything, and I feel like I don't know you well enough to punch you in the gut for it, so..."

The Fa-Toa shrugged.

"Had to do somethin'. That was the first thing I came up with."

helo frens

"Uh-huh." Elly wasn't buying that. She stood up, and stretched a bit, frowning slightly, as she adjusted her height a bit more, and then nodded to herself. "Right, so, where was I..." Elly mumbled, and looked over to Solvi. "Solvi!"

IC: Rising to his full (read: like an inch shorter than Solvi, who was pretty dang tall) height, the greenhorn guardsman dusted himself off a bit awkwardly, understandably unsure how to proceed. Wasn't every day you went from chasing someone, to catching them mid-fall, to getting chewed out by them, to now being completely put on the backburner in favor of an undoubtedly superior officer.

In the space of, say, 90 seconds.

helo frens

Elly pouted slightly, and looked away awkwardly, as she sighed. "Fine, fine." Elly turned to Jol, and sighed again. "Sorry." The pink Toa mumbled, though whether she absolutely meant it, was a totally different question. "You seemed bored, though." Elly said with a hint of a smirk.

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"You know - just as well as I do - that you're contributing to it yourself," Edubard replied, laughing. "You can't claim complete innocence of any jocularity or intention to be overly stubborn and argumentative."

IC: Elkau - Ta-Koro

"Listen I understand you can't handle the fact that your island is awful, but as far as I'm concerned your foolishness and time wasting is what's caused this" 

It's time to move on.

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"I feel like you managed not to comprehend at all what I said right there. And yes, I know full well everything I've said over the course of the conversation, don't worry." Edubard smiled again.

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"Considering I haven't said a single untruth since the comment about lightbulbs, and the only other one was power generators, and everything else was either your own misunderstanding or exaggeration of what I said, I don't know that that really pertains to the current conversation. It sounds more like you're trying to divert my attention away from what I was asking." Edubard shrugged.

"A valiant attempt, I'll give you that, but I do have to go find my friend and make sure he doesn't get so drunk he can't find his way back to the ship. We kinda need him because he's in charge of keeping everything organized and he hasn't really told anybody else his system for that. So, I'll ask again - have you been completely, utterly serious with everything you've said over the course of this conversation?"

profiles i guess

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"From a certain point of view," Edubard said, shrugging. "From my point of view, this island is great. From yours, it's terrible, and that's alright. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Anyways, I'm going to go make sure my colleague doesn't get alcohol poisoning. Try not to kill anybody with your staff, alright?" That said, Edubard turned on his heel, before walking along after Gunner. It didn't take much of a stretch of imagination to figure that Gunner might be in the Lavapool Inn, so that was where Edubard started to go.

profiles i guess

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

On his way to the Lavapool Inn, Edubard ended up running into (metaphorically, not literally) a very annoyed Gunner. Looking further down the street he saw the ruins of a building that had been destroyed, and then remembered that the Lavapool Inn was no more.

"Gunner, I can't believe it. That Vortixx actually believed everything he was saying. All of it. He considered everything he said to be the complete and utter truth and it just...uggh." Edubard shook his head in disgust again.

"I need a drink too. Which of us is going to try and stay more sober than the other?"

profiles i guess

IC:

"Then kindly shut up."

IC:

There was ash in the air, and it wasn't from the volcano.

There I'd been, storming away from two Grade-A ######s -- was this what I'd sounded like to Raknar? -- making a fool of myself, absolutely single-minded in my pursuit of some kind of drink--

And then, there it was.

The Lavapool.

###### ######, the Lavapool.

"It's not gonna be me," I said quietly, then walked away.

IC:

Nika remained silent, waiting to see how this would play out.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Elly pouted slightly, and looked away awkwardly, as she sighed. "Fine, fine." Elly turned to Jol, and sighed again. "Sorry." The pink Toa mumbled, though whether she absolutely meant it, was a totally different question. "You seemed bored, though." Elly said with a hint of a smirk.

IC: "...A little." He admitted, nodding to her point. Ruthlessly slamming the other shoe to the floor, he continued. "You didn't need to send me halfway across town, ya know. I'm pretty sure Angel's waiting for me to show back up..."

He scratched the back of his head.

Waiting for him to show up for something important, too.

helo frens

IC:

Funny thing is that, Ta-Koro might be full to the brim with bars and taverns and inns and whatever the kids are calling 'em nowadays, as soon as you try to find one them, they all make the simultaneous decision to stop existing until you leave the village.

Which was about what was happening to me when I was trying to find a place that could replace--

Not replace. Nothing could replace the Lavapool.

It's a bar, man. Get a hang of yourself.

Were there people inside when it happened? There always seem to be people in there....

--when I shook my head. It didn't do to think like that. 'What if's could kill you if you let them.

Only thing that saved me that day -- if you can call finding a source of alcohol in my poor-###### state being saved -- was remembering the day after Raknar had commandeered the 'Vika, and him, me and Grochi were stuck trying to find a new crew while the rest were still sleeping in Xa-Koro, may it rest in pieces. The place where we first met Song and when we all made fools of ourselves trying to impress her and make each other look like even bigger fools ... what was it called again? The Magma Inn? The Lava Lounge? The Lavapool Loung--

Nope. No. Not even going there. Nope.

"The Magma Lounge," I muttered to myself as I walked, gaze lingering on each cobblestone in the street as I walked further and further into the village. "Now, where was it again?"

Edubard might have been somewhere behind me; I think I remembered him making a crack about hauling my drunk back to the ship. But I wasn't in any mood to talk to anyone right now; not least one half of the comedy duo that had sent me storming off in the first place. So, nah; I just kept walking, looking up occasionally to see if I was on the right track.

When I saw the sign for the Magma Lounge, I guessed that I had been on the right track.

I glanced back to see if Edubard was still behind me; he was. I gave him a nod and a lacklustre smirk, pushed open the doors of the bar, and--

IC:

I heard the door open behind me, so I looked over and--

You've got to be joking me.

IC:

I stopped dead in my tracks.

Oh.

######.

IC:

Our eyes met.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Taleen

You didn't have to be a wetwork to see the tension flare up as Plagia stared at the Toa who had just walked in. She slipped closer to Plagia as discreetly as she could. 

"If you want me to poison his drink, just give me a nudge." She said quietly. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar