BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"C'mon up." The Ta-Toa opened the door and slipped into the shop, ascending the stairs without much more comment. The shop was much more orderly than it had been a few hours before, and it seemed the sign had already been mended. The shop's ground floor was lifeless, with the store's current closed doors, but lights still emanated from the second floor.

"Ay, Mom. Dad. We're back."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Well if this ain't familiar...

Jolek poured on the speed, bursting out of the gate even as he skidded past the corner's edge just in time to see his prey duck out behind another corner. She knew the terrain, and had the tiled, trackless floors working in her favor, but he had a much longer stride, and was quickly gaining ground through nothing but raw speed.

"You ain't gettin' away that easy, ya little snake!" he growled, whipping around the second corner with a full head of steam and a primal light in his eyes. It had been too long since he'd had a good chase.

He was prepared to do this however long it took. Elly picked the wrong man to play this game with.

Anyone who hadn't done this to feed themselves would give up far, far sooner.

helo frens

IC:

Red's eyes followed Saeva as he took a tentative step towards the doorway--

and stepped back. He tilted his left shoulder forward, as if trying to muscle his way through something--

and stepped back. Then his right shoulder.

Redhot stepped back.

Displaying the keen tactical mind only a man who turned into an exhibitionist berserk tornado when inebriated can truly possess, Redhot ducked down--

and walked through the doorway, barely scraping the top of his head.

Well THAT was easy!

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Beautiful though that was, my gains are ###### anyway. Seriously, I can't get outta this cast if I tried."

Because I did.

"That shield on the wall's probably the only reason I can say that much. Poor guy. Took so many hits for me..." he said wistfully, gazing at the mangled mostly-disc of metal at the foot of the bed.

IC:

Reordin spared the shield a glance, too, and then stood up into a perfunctory, leaning stance.

"You're right. Charisma can't get you out of a hospital bed by itself," he admitted, pulling the chair back to the visitor's table with three fingers. "If your bones fix themselves in your sleep, or you think it's worth a shot to drag yourself up, the other Maru are always complaining I'm easy to find."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Jin)

"Yeah, but I didn't exactly keep tabs on 'em after we split. None of us did."

Except Brykon. We'd stayed together for some reason, keeping on keeping on after everything'd gone to karz in a basket. But now he was gone too. Everyone ditched eventually. This island never seemed big until you were trying to find someone: the jungles and deserts were full of old names and forgotten people, whole archaeological digs of faces that nobody knew anymore. 

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

"You may need to start again," Pae said with a long pause. He looked at Nika.

"Jin. May Nika and I meet?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (As Fupa): "Well, I can see... The volcano from here." Replied the bigender Lesterin as she looked up. His throat felt pretty dry and it was getting difficult to speak. "Hey, want to go find some water?" She asked the Le-Matoran.

IC: Naohi [Ta-Koro {Streets} ]

Now that it was mentioned, the streets of Ta-Koro were pretty dry, really hot too. the ash was actually starting to bother her the more she dwelled on this train of thought,

"oh, okay," she tried to put the texture out of her mind, "I could use a drink!"

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC (As Fupa): "You'll have to lead the way, I can't find a place that has fresh water available." The jungle Lesterin said as she looked at a guard. "Or I could find out where to go, just wait here." She ran up to the guard and asked for directions. After coming back, he pointed at Lavapool inn. "There's a tavern in there, the two of us could go there to get a drink."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"No, but that seems relatively cruel to the bug," Edubard said, frowning. "It's not like that was a parasite or a pest. That was just an average bug, fulfilling its part in the island's ecological system. And you just killed it for no reason. Regardless, congratulations, now you've figured out what your staff can do. It shoots electricity. Just don't aim it at anybody else unless you're wanting a fight. Although, I suppose now you ought to look it over and figure out how to deactivate it."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"Says the gentleman who only just washed up and probably doesn't even know what that insect was," Edubard replied. "Besides, there's probably a billion more of you somewhere, but you don't see us cutting you to ribbons just to make sure our weapons still work. And no, we don't know of any power generators."

profiles i guess

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

This person's constantly rude manner and apparent lack of understanding of humour or general advice (or lack of ability to observe what on Earth was around him) was really starting to get on Edubard's nerves. So instead of suggesting that this person actually search for a source of power (which there were, not that Edubard was going to tell him that), he told him there were no power generators anywhere. Which was an obvious fallacy, given that there were lights in Ta-Koro and there was a (albeit broken) monorail nearby. And this Vortixx seemed apparently incapable of even recognizing that.

"What on Mata-Nui is a lightbulb?" Edubard asked, his voice incredulous. And completely at odds with the fact that there was a streetlight literally right behind him. He turned to Gunner and shrugged. "I can't say I've ever heard of such a thing. Maybe he just means an oddly-shaped lightstone?"

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

IC: Elkau - Ta-Koro

He looked behind him.

"So you were lying, I'll give you guys credit for being good at it"

He pointed his staff at the light and after a couple attempts squeezed hard and pulled the staff back a little, it started to suck up the electricity. 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"Only reason we did so well was because you didn't use your eyes," Edubard said cheerfully. "Now this one is just speculation, but I'm fairly certain sucking up the electricity like that could actually count as theft."

profiles i guess

OOC: Not like we didn't already go over it on skype...=P

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"Darnit, Gunner. Oh, well, yeah, we were pardoned. All the crimes were commited by the previous crew anyways, we generally try to be good people. So...yeah, technically, we could turn you in and it'd be fine. For that matter, even if we had commited crimes ourselves, we could still turn you in. I'm just going to settle for 'How about you don't do that, nyah?' myself. Although I will say, your attitude definitely leaves a lot to be desired."

profiles i guess

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"Did you miss the part about 'crimes commited by previous crew,' because that's an important thing to consider here," Edubard pointed out. "Last thing our crew did was help the guard out, actually. And there's maybe four of us who were on the previous crew, and most of them didn't really do anything, I don't think. We're less full time thieves and more full time don't really do much but hang around and talk. And it's not a problem of not liking you, or not wanting to answer your questions. From the beginning you've been rude and insulting without good reason. Which is why I say your attitude leaves a lot to be desired."

profiles i guess

IC: Well if this ain't familiar...

Jolek poured on the speed, bursting out of the gate even as he skidded past the corner's edge just in time to see his prey duck out behind another corner. She knew the terrain, and had the tiled, trackless floors working in her favor, but he had a much longer stride, and was quickly gaining ground through nothing but raw speed.

"You ain't gettin' away that easy, ya little snake!" he growled, whipping around the second corner with a full head of steam and a primal light in his eyes. It had been too long since he'd had a good chase.

He was prepared to do this however long it took. Elly picked the wrong man to play this game with.

Anyone who hadn't done this to feed themselves would give up far, far sooner.

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly looked back, as she noticed Jolek beginning to catch up. However, Elly wasn't out of the running yet. She suddenly stopped, and her mask glowed more, as she shrunk herself down, and proceeded to try and dodge around Jol while he was trying to run past her. Whether that would actually work or not, however, was an entirely different question, as it was a gamble.

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"...So being blatantly rude and insulting, and speaking your opinion, now counts as telling the truth?" Edubard raised an eyebrow. "Last I checked, a specific person's thoughts weren't the truth. As for all the lies, yes, I'll hand that to you, but you'll probably just have to try and take us on our word when we say we won't harm you or steal from you. I was just messing with you because you were being annoying." Edubard grinned. "For example, the claim that I didn't know what lightbulbs were when there were streetlights right behind me. Perhaps if you used your eyes - which both seem to be working just fine - you would've noticed they were there without asking us. And without me having to mess with you so much. Or my friend here." Knowing know that Elkau really didn't know how his staff worked - and willing to put aside his inherent wariness for a moment - Edubard finally sheathed his sword.

"There, I'll even put my sword up, if it'll make you feel oh-so-less threatened," the jokester Toa of Air said after a moment. "Not like I wasn't backed far enough away that you were out of my reach, anyways. In the time it'd take me to get to you if I did have any reason to attack you you'd probably be able to electrocute me before I got close."

profiles i guess