BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Mariko):

"Must have been a scene to behold."

Quite the story indeed.

Mariko had gotten quite a good sense that many of the people on Mata-Nui liked to often exaggerate their tales. That didn't make them lies of course - it just meant they were a little more dramatic than the real events had been. 

"Perhaps Draeverian will write a song about it sometime." he said, obviously not serious, glancing back to where his companion was sitting.

Or supposed to sit. The Toa of sonics was not in the place he had been in just a few minutes earlier. Looking around, the dark Toa instantly noted that his friend was no longer present in the inn. Mariko sat up straighter for a second, worried for just a moment, but then relaxed again. Draeverian had probably just tired of quietly sitting, listening to Reordin Maru's ragtag-team, and most likely gone for a walk. 

He'll turn up again.

After all, even Aitua could be mistaken. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Mariko):

"It's a myth." the Aitua simply said. "Spread by word of mouth and those who take stories at face-value without question. It pops up every now and then, usually when multiple people or Rahi go missing in a short amount of time."

"But there is as of yet no proof of its existence. It's nothing more than a scary made-up story about some fantasy nightmare-creature."

IC: Alfon

"Eeeeh, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. I've had a supposed god of evil throw a thunderstorm my way and blow up a castle I was in, hot Toa of shadow and slugs in metal suits try to murder me, and seen even freakier slugs transform kind old people into the stuff of nightmares."

I leaned back in my chair.

"You never know what else you'll find on this island."

IC (Mariko): 

"From what I heard since my arrival you only recently got out from under the of a dark almost-deity that could control the nature and almost everything on this very island. Between that and all your more common criminally insane beings, there is little point in worrying about fairy-tale creatures while the real nightmares are right out there."

IC Solvi

She did not move as Saeva joined her companions and they drew distant, maybe they'd meet again someday. It had been a fun afternoon, if nothing else. After giving a quick word of parting and apology to the house's owner, as well as a quickly written note of compensation he could present to the Guard, she started off on another path, adjacent to the one's the others had taken.

Her patrol was lonely, the others had walked back to the town as a party. It seemed to her that such occurrences were frequent, to say the least. Many threads of thought came up on her lonely road, as the evening was quiet and all was in it's right place.

Ga-Koro, it had happened there as well. A group of strangers, fast met and fast becoming friends, she had left alone. It had happened more times than she could count, like there was a stone wall separating her from others. If force of will or resolve was a literal thing, and not simply a metaphor, it would surely be a pushing force, for she pushed others away as easily as breathing. It was not something she intended to do, but just what seemed to happen. All throughout her childhood, even her current career in the Guard, she was a lone operative. Maybe it was who she was, maybe everything and everyone was in their right place, and her place was apart and separate from others.

She could still wish, couldn't she? How nice it would be to have friends.

Her wishes stayed silent as she made her way back to home.

...but close to it

IC:

The walk through the Charred Forest was swift; even at his shortest strides Red forced the group to move briskly. As before it was silent, little said between those returning, despite the addition of another member. The electricity was gone, and the air felt cold. Blue eyes didn't scan the trees above a Skakdi-wide grin, fixed instead on the road. Saeva had pulled ahead, as their guide, advancing on Ta-Koro with her hands in her pockets. She moved easily through the forest, ignoring the occasional lances of pain that shot through her skull if she moved wrong.

Getting through the gate didn't take long. The Guards had seen her, and her companions, leave, and their exchange lacked the insults she usually threw. It was as simple as waiting for the pair to give them all the once-over and walk through the gate.

Only a few moments later, the Ta-Toa glanced over her shoulder.

"Got a place to stay, Red?"

IC:

"Really struggling to see why we're taking this ###########, Reordin."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: After much (read: five whole seconds' worth) debate, the metal push-doors of the band hall were staunchly struck open by an arguably overenthusiastic heel, sending a thunderous crash resounding through the room.

And much like the natural reaction of animals after a thunderclap, the practice in session (currently halfway through "An Ode to Joy") ground to a halt.

As one, every person in the room leveled a surly gaze at the intruder, some practically aiming their instruments at them as though they were weapons.

And in turn, all found that gaze sent right back at them, as golden eyes swept the room. Bunch of colors, faces, and sizes here.

None of them pink, female, nor very decidedly small.

A tense silence hung in the room, very out-of-place in relation to the cheery and jaunty interior design.

Said silence was broken by a the small thump of fist hitting open palm, and all eyes turned to the Vo-Toa in the third row, on Alto Sax.

"Elly's off right now."

"Ah."

Quietly, the door to the hall was shut, and after a few passing comments about their Conductor's habits, the practice continued from the top.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: "Gotta say I'm with the lady on this one. To what does My Swoliness owe the honor, Mister Maru?"

Totally gonna keep using that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: The Firefly wasn't the only one uncharacteristically quiet. It was hard to be your typical brash and smart-aleck self when everything's awkward. 

Her fault for buttin' in in the first place.

Nonetheless, the trip back was much, much quieter. Were it not for the causal circumstances, he'd have welcomed the rest on his ears.

But life was never so simple.

• Upvote 1

helo frens

IC:

Man, the suicide half of this mission is not gonna come soon enough for you, is it.

Not really.

"I need someone who knows what happened there. How the Legacy got in, what they were packing, what can be used against them."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I see you have two eyes that cast hasn't covered up. Skrihen wants to black 'em both, from the sounds of things. But they saw exactly what Echelon used to take Ko-Koro, and that's more than I can say for any eyes I have on my team." Reordin flicked his unopened beer onto the bed by Gevenne's knee. "Or I can leave. And you can drink the beer free of charge, let your gains disintegrate inside that cast, and miss the best story anyone's had to tell about a couple of rowdy #####s in Ko-Koro in a hundred years."

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Beautiful though that was, my gains are anyway. Seriously, I can't get outta this cast if I tried."

Because I did.

"That shield on the wall's probably the only reason I can say that much. Poor guy. Took so many hits for me..." he said wistfully, gazing at the mangled mostly-disc of metal at the foot of the bed.

helo frens

ICElkau - Ta-Wahi Beach

The water had made him weak just as he had woken up from a long sleep, using what was left of his energy he swam to shore, he saw a strange silver staff and picked it up. He heard a voice in his head saying

"electricity is the future"

Without any idea where the voice had come from he yelled

"Who's there?!" 

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: Torana

This was the second time she'd walked though this gate today, with more or less the same people.

The air was different.

Hours ago she'd known none of these people, and it had only taken hours for her to get to know them, understand them, laugh with them, joke with them...

She'd felt... genuinely happy amongst these people, for the first time in a long time. She'd managed to soothe the burning in her chest for a brief moment, forgetting it even existed.

But those same few hours had brought their own ups and downs to the table, something she might not have been prepared for emotionally but did her best nonetheless.

The journey back had just been... depressing? Tense? She didn't really know, but wanted to say something, anything, but bit her tongue and thought better of it.

Did I up?