BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Saeva hadn't intended to stay on the roof until dawn. She had gone inside after her father did to get her tea and then returned to the roof, intending to enjoy the hot drink and then turn in for the night. Somehow she had stayed awake under the stars instead, regarding the gleaming points of light until the rising sun began to obscure them. By then she had to stay. A sunrise wasn't something to miss. She watched and listened from her perch as Red returned, and heard the occupants of the house begin to stir.

But still she perched on the roof. She'd have to head inside soon.

But she didn't want to yet.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: ...

"Well, I woke up in the middle of the night, so I don't think I'm quite crashed enough yet." Erzu said somewhat awkwardly, somewhat weakly. "I'm 'onna... go try and fix that some more. Lemme know if we're doing anything."

Spinning on his heel, the Bo-Toa made tracks back for his hammock, not deigning to conceal a yawn.

helo frens

IC:

"He was out most of the night."

A little tired, Saeva Sareta slipped into the room. A few easy steps took her well into the kitchen, setting a simple earthenware mug silently on the table and reaching for one of the coffees Redhot had brought. The temperature of the beverage spiked, intentionally heated to much higher levels than most would drink it at. Saeva herself took a long sip, staring out the window lazily. "He only came back a bit ago."

"Mornin'."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Kihohiki

Sad. They can hold their own and then some in a fight, but come up against annoyance... Eh. I'm never gonna find the right one.

"A dictatorship has risen to power, attempting to kill off anyone who tries to restore order." He said, only half-knowing what he was talking about.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: The sounds of one Ta-Toa's sullen, unmotivated tones where there once was a fiery and devil-may-care growl reached his ears from down the hallway, prompting an grimace from the recipient.

The sounds of one Bo-Toa flopping into a hammock were sent in response, prompting an unknown reaction from the recipients.

The sounds of one Bo-Toa unceremoniously spilling out of said hammock and onto the hard and unforgiving floor followed half a second later, prompting both grimace and groan from the messenger himself.

helo frens

IC:

"Mornin' Saeva. Thanks for selling me out."

Redhot grinned slightly and took a sip of coffee.

"She's right, Tor. No one in my family sleeps well. Too much pent-up energy."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC Brontes

After leaving Dahkapa in custody and returning to his patrol, he was feeling more than a little weary. He still needed to return to the hospital and provide them with any details he could give them on Ko-Koro, but the prospect of that left him dry mouthed and anxious. Instead he found himself on a stool in one of the town's more popular bars, probably the most popular with the demise of the Lavapool.

A line of veritable Dirty Harry's and Frank Castle's set on the bar to either side, each ordering a brew darker, liquor harder or shot larger than the last. When the bartender inevitably turned to him, he found himself attempting to one up the other patron's despite being able to count the number of drink's he'd had in recent memory on one hand.

This was going to be a painful night...

...but close to it

IC: Tezzek

"Ah," he replied, a soft sigh escaping from beneath his mask. "Still, for you to casually refer to them as family means you often live with them in close proximity. That's a fair list of family though." He paused a moment, breathing in the crisp, dry volcanic air. "So, where else do you need samples from?"

IC: Tezzek

"Ah," he replied, a soft sigh escaping from beneath his mask. "Still, for you to casually refer to them as family means you often live with them in close proximity. That's a fair list of family though." He paused a moment, breathing in the crisp, dry volcanic air. "So, where else do you need samples from?"

IC: (Kino Iho)

Was this what Angelus wanted to talk to me about? When I had dropped another mess upon his burdened lap in the form of my past. I had jumped the gun, assuming he was going to grill me about my relationship with Pae. Now he was just being burdened with more, and I was wondering if I should ever be around anymore. As the two of them talked to each other, I quietly sipped my Bula Berry Juice. I was stuck not sure whether I was supposed to leave or stay.

IC

Kino had waited in Angelus' office, with only her thoughts and her Bula juice for company, for as long as she could bear. But as the minutes ticked by, and still he didn't return from the Guard rec room, she found her resolve failing. Although she'd always known deep down that her past would catch up with her, it had chosen the worst possible moment to do so and she couldn't help but fear that it might have cost her the happiness she'd only just found.

The Le-Toa couldn't bring herself to stay there any longer. She tossed the empty juice bottle in Angel's waste paper bin and left the office, not bothering to close the door behind her. She was going home.

She wasn't truly going home, of course, because home was gone: buried under rock and dust and ocean. Her comfortable Ta-Koro apartment wasn't really home, but it was good enough.

As evening descended, the sky above Ta-Koro turned gradually red, studded with cherry-blossom clouds. As electric lamps turned on one by one in main streets and squares, shadows lengthened in lanes and alleyways.

Kino walked quickly along one such alleyway. She was now past the markets, and it was only a few blocks further to her apartment.

A sharp noise from behind her made her wheel around. A few metres away, a tile had fallen off a nearby roof and shattered. She stared at the shards of clay, then up at the small gap it had left in the eaves above like a missing tooth, her heart involuntarily racing. She shook herself, scolding herself for being over-emotional and needlessly on-edge. It wasn't like this was Xa-Koro, where danger lurked around every corner. The most a falling tile meant in Ta-Koro was that someone needed to get their roof renovated. She turned away and picked up her stride again, and allowed her thoughts to return to fretting over Angelus.

She had hardly gone ten paces when a sudden pain in her abdomen brought her to a shuddering halt.

Kino looked down, and like in a dream, it took her brain a long time to process what it was she saw. There should not be, there could not be the tip of a blade poking out of her belly. And yet there was: two inches of sharpened steel, slick with red. Her mouth formed a silent ‘o’ of disbelief.

She felt a force on her shoulder and the blade slid away and out of her. Like wine from an unstoppered bottle, she saw her life begin to run out of the thin red hole it left. Her knees gave way beneath her. Hands caught her as she fell, and laid her down on the cold cobbles like a parent putting a child to bed, only devoid of any tenderness. She saw a dark shape above her: a figure tall and lean, a blade on one forearm dripping with blood, a reptilian face.

“Sorry, Kino,” said Zadron, as though apologising for spilling a drink.

She gasped as she recognised the assassin and things finally clicked, and tried to scrabble away, but the wound’s pain stabbed through her and stopped her short.

“I’m sure you’re upset about this,” the Vortixx continued, “but really, I’m being merciful. ‘Dead or alive’, Echelon said. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to go to him alive. It’s better this way.”

He sighed as she struggled for breath.

“You didn’t think they’d just let you walk away, did you?” he asked admonishingly. “I mean, I can’t blame you for trying. Karzahni, I wish I could walk away. But people like us, Kino, we know too much, you see? If I want to stay alive, I’ve got to make sure I’m an asset. Otherwise I’ll be a loose end, and well…”

He gestured at where his Radius Blade had pierced her belly.

“...look where being a loose end got you.”

“You...…” Kino managed to half-growl, half-sob between coughs. “I just...wanted...a normal life!”

“There is no normal life,” Zadron replied flatly. “What, you thought you were going to settle down with the Captain of the Guard and live happily ever after, no strings attached? You didn’t even try to keep your head down.”

He looked up at the sky, gauging the time, and Kino forced her muscles into one last, desperate movement: with numb fingers she pulled a knife from her bandolier and prepared to thrust it at her assassin. But Zadron’s senses were too sharp, and before she could strike a blade had pierced her forearm. She cried out, and the knife slipped from her agonised hand.

“I give you credit for trying, though,” he said, straightening up and dusting off his hands. “Fighting to the end. Your boyfriend will be proud.”

The thought of Angelus finding her like this cut her deeper than the wounds.

“Speaking of whom, his guardsmen will be on patrol down here any minute, so I’ll be leaving now,” Zadron continued, then paused for a moment, looking down at her and shaking his head almost regretfully. Then he leaned down and slowly prised the Kanohi from her face.

“Goodbye, Kino.”

The assassin turned and wiped his blade in the folds of his cloak, before disappearing out of sight. Even before he was gone, she found it hard to see his retreating back as her vision blurred and turned dark at the edges.

As the warmth of the evening sky faded, Kino Iho began to slip away.

• Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Praxis

"A dictatorship? Run by who? That ####head Ambages?"

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Dessa

"I think I'm good with samples right now. Well, soil samples, at least. I should take groundwater samples just to be sure, but I'm sure it's fine."

She looked around, scanning the area.

"No freshwater lakes or streams around... we'd have to build a well, but that's for another day."

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Torana

"Ah. That... makes sense, I guess."

She remembered that this guy uprooted a tree with his bare hands and broke an entire staircase using a carpet.

Edited by Perpendicular

IC:

well congratulations

you've got feelings caught

now what's the next step in your master plan

"Get out here and drink your coffee, Salvajemono. I didn't pick it up for you so that it could keep being reheated and ignored all morning."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Never exactly asked for it..." he muttered, but nonetheless ambling back into the living room to crash the party (with no survivors!). Accepting his cup of Joe, he took a long draft from the mug as the bitter warmth flowed through his system, waiting for the caffeine to bring him back up to full speed.

He glanced at Saeva.

"Mornin'." he said from behind the mug.

Bitter warmth, indeed.

helo frens

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: Suprisingly it was not one of the partols that frequently swept the streets that found Kino's body. Instead it was the head of the RRF, Loren. On his way home from yet another desk full of paperwork the grey Toa was looking forward to an evening of good food and perhaps a drink or two at one of the many water holes in the city of fire.

It seemed that fate had other plans.

The route that Loren was taking home from work that evening happened to take the same street that Kino had been walking when she was killed. So, of course Loren soon came upon her maskless body. The amount of blood pooled around the body answered any question about whether or not there was any chance of saving the woman's life. That left only one thing to do.

The piercing whistle of the alarm rang through the air, courtesy of the Sound Toa's powers as he knelt next to the body. Making sure not to touch the body or the puddle of blood he stared at her maskless face. Obviously a beauty in her own right even without the mask, marred by a look that was equal parts anger and sadness. There was something about her that was ringing bells in the Guardsman's head though. Something that told him that he had seen her somewhere before. It came to him as he stared at her maskless face, checking the basic features that not even the lack of a mask could change.

"Oh no... Angelus I'm so, so sorry."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: I stared at the backpack.

I did a lot of that, to be totally honest, and as important as it was to me... It didn't look like much. Plain, dirty green cloth, wooden frame and reinforcement (made by yours truly), flap that strapped down over the top, numerous other pockets and straps covering its surface irregularly, most of which were not square or stitched with much skill.

To be frank, the thing looked nasty, both in quality and cleanliness. But in a way, that was the point. Dirty old knapsack, not even worth stealing for the ability to carry things in it, carried by a Ve-Toa wearing a tattered old cloak and wearing bulky, stained and scratched wooden armor, katana in a battered wooden scabbard. I didn't paint a pretty picture, but I looked like what I was: A wanderer. And in a place as rife with wanderers and wayward heroes as Mata Nui, I wasn't likely to attract attention. Especially with my companion.

Kassiopeia. Midnight black with yellow splashes,big heterochromatic eyes, plates that looked like the ice of Ko-Wahi-And insistent that she wear her weapon unconcealed, the golden metal flashing in ever the slightest light. Nope. Wasn't going to attract attention to myself with her around. Who cares about the grungy wanderer next to that?

I sighed, grabbing up the backpack and slinging it over my shoulder, pulling my fraying hood up and stepping out of my inn room, walking down the hall to the one Kass had picked and knocking on the door, listening to the slight clink of the two wrapped objects in my pack. Would have to rewrap them...

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Kassiopeia

The sound of worn, wooden floorboards creaking underfoot seeped out from the other side of the door. A second of silence followed, long enough for one to wonder if there was anyone inside.

Kassiopeia opened the door slowly, glancing up to the suitably ragged toa, for even in his hunched, defeated posture she was still slightly shorter. She was missing her stark white armor, though the dual talons were quite noticeably still present. The toa gave a lazy grin, before stepping aside to let him in. "Sorry buddy, I don't do charity."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Tezzek

"A task for when you have many hands to help you." He said with a nod. "And do not worry, I'll be glad to provide any assistance I can in helping your family get set up in the region."

He remained quiet for a time, before gazing back northward, towards the arid landscape his traveling companion called home. "How long of a journey is it back to your family?" He asked, realizing the vast distance laid out before them. "Not to long or lonesome, I hope."

Edited by Rennoc215

IC: Mekana

Mekana took the slice of cake, she knew she'd probably regret this, but it wasn't like she had much else to do stuck in a wheelchair. She took a piece with her fork, brought it to her mouth and ate it. 

"Ophaim we should get out of this inn, get some fresh air. Or I'm gonna go crazy." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar