BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Verulas - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

Tracer's arrow lodged itself into Verulas' thigh, causing him to grit his teeth in pain as he fired his own. He paused momentarily to snap off the majority of the shaft so it wouldn't hamper his movement, leaving only a stub for the healers to work with later as he ducked behind the hay bale once more. He momentarily deactivated his mask, forming the same plant he had used on Marauder which he then stabbed his next arrow through, effectively coating it in the same poisonous juices that he had dripped on his knives earlier.

He was done screwing around.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: If I've missed anybody here who's hoping to get into Ko (or interacting with the guards at the Citadel), please PM me.

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The Lesterin guard captain gave Kotak a gruff nod.

"In you go," he said, allowing the Toa to pass. "Next!"

A pair of Toa approached. One appeared to be quite elderly and was wore a rough-woven poncho, while the other was adorned with black warpaint and the archetypal scowl of a bodyguard. The Lesterin looked them up and down.

"Names and business in Ko-Koro?"

IC (Merror)

The veil of slumber drew back from Merror's mind. Slowly, his breathing grew deeper and his eyes began to drift open.

He saw the whiteness of clumped snow above him, lit by the gently-flickering glow of a Heatstone. Blinking, the Ta-Toa propped his upper body upright, making sense of his surroundings and separating dream from memory as he pulled off the rough blanket.

Ko-Wahi. He was in Ko-Wahi, in a small shelter dug into the snow. Around him were the sleeping forms of most of his companions, from the not-so-gentle giant of Utu to the strange Matoran, erstwhile 'assistant' of Echelon, Aerus. Praggos' silhouette, standing watch, was visible at the entrance of their little snow-cave.

He rose, slapping a little meltwater in his face to speed wakefulness, and went to join the Toa of Ice.

"Good morning, Praggos," he said as he stepped out into the cold air.

IC (Agni):

I've never had trouble sleeping wherever my adventures required me to. Ditches, patches of grass, tree branches, stretches of sand alongside riverbanks - and in this case, a snowy cave - became as good as the most comfortable bed if required.  You got used to that during guard training pretty quickly, even though sleep was never deep after that and some small part of you stayed more or less alert.

But Ko-Wahi did not let me have a good rest. Maybe it had to do with my element or maybe with the fact that the region had fallen into the hands of the followers of the late Makuta, but there was a chill to the place that crept into my very core and soured my mood.

Eventually, when I couldn't just lie still anymore, I forced myself up and joined Merror and Praggos outside, once I shook off the last remnants of the sub-par sleep. 

"Morning."

--------------

IC (Kohra):

With nothing to do but to wait, the Vortixx turned towards Vezok. She wasn't one for small talk, but the question she had for the Piraka was born out of genuine curiosity.

"With most of your number here in the mountains, I imagine you had to up security below the great temple in your absence."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Cael)

The rest of the night was a failure as far as sleep went. The chill in the air was part of it, but the greater trouble was how Cael couldn't close her eyes without seeing the all-too-familiar silhouette of a Toa of Shadow against her eyelids. So she gave up and stared at the ceiling.

The nightmares had come frequently at first. Night after night, the Toa of Water would snap awake with her heart pounding and throw sweaty sheets aside only to find herself in the cool, quiet darkness of the Massif. Joske lay beside her, his breathing soft and even. So unlike the Toa in her dreams, who had neither breath nor heartbeat, only sinuous muscle and molten eyes. Those eyes were what kept her awake: every time she tried to find sleep, their golden light filled the space between reality and dreams.

Eventually, she learned it was easier to give up the fight. She would steal quietly from their room and walk the peaceful halls of the mountain monastery until the sun rose. The cold stone numbed her toes and sent shivers up her spine, but it grounded her. Kept her fully awake and in control. That was the most important part. Her thoughts were her own. Her body was her own.

The halls were dark, lit only by the occasional lightstone affixed to a wall. But it was a different kind of darkness than the darkness that filled her dreams, which was thick and suffocating like smoke. The Massif was filled with peaceful shadows; they concealed her without touching her. They were cool and insubstantial, and they fled whenever she brought a light.

Occasionally, she would meet someone in her midnight wanderings: the monks and scholars of the Massif were harmless, but they often kept odd hours. They would pass by with only the slightest tilt of a head in greeting, fingers busy with rosary beads or other accoutrements. They were almost like shadows themselves, apparitions that appeared only between dusk and dawn to walk the halls and fill the air with silent prayers. Sometimes, the Toa of Water felt like she was one of them: doomed to tread the soundless halls forever. Only she offered no prayers.

But time always passed. When the sun tinted the sky, turning the stars out one by one and dyeing the dark sky a deep purple-blue, she always returned to her room and to Joske, whose heartbeat reminded her that she was alive, and Heuani was not. She would sleep then, exhausted but reassured.

Eventually, the nightmares became fewer and farther between. She learned to sleep through the night. When she closed her eyes, the golden orbs were dim, as if seen through a veil. They never left completely, but their light faded until she could almost forget. She had almost forgotten...

Now she remembered.

It was almost morning. The sky was lighter (though the clouds would hide the sun), and she could hear the others beginning to stir. Suddenly lonely, the Toa of Water wished Joske were here, where the warmth of his body could remind her that she was alive. But he was gone, and where? She didn't know. But she would be okay. She didn't need Joske to see the shadows departing, or to remember the look on Heuani's face as he had dissolved and died.

I am alive. You are not.

With that, Cael shrugged off her blanket and got ready to face the day.

IC: Enforcer & Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Arena.

My wounds having been healed by Murrae, I sit in the stands beside Veteran, watching the fight unfold. Verulas is doing well, surprisingly so. Veteran had been right about him. "Told ya so," the Ta-Skakdi smirks at me. 

"I swear it's like you read my mind sometimes," I grumble, "how do you do that?" 

"You're awful expressive without that helmet of yours," Veteran explains, "I can read ya like an open book." 

I don't respond. He's right, of course. That's why I hadn't mentioned anything to him about the situation in Ko-Koro, or the visit from that other Vortixx, Xhalia. He'd know how I felt about both before I'd even finished speaking the words. 

I take another swig of my drink. "Who d'you think's gonna win?" he asks me. I merely shrug in response. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Tracer's arrow lodged itself into Verulas' thigh, causing him to grit his teeth in pain as he fired his own. He paused momentarily to snap off the majority of the shaft so it wouldn't hamper his movement, leaving only a stub for the healers to work with later as he ducked behind the hay bale once more. He momentarily deactivated his mask, forming the same plant he had used on Marauder which he then stabbed his next arrow through, effectively coating it in the same poisonous juices that he had dripped on his knives earlier.

He was done screwing around.

IC: Tracer

The arrow Verulas fired glanced at Tracer's shoulder. She gritted her teeth and examined the wound as Verulas dove back into cover. It looked like a fairly deep cut... She waited for Verulas to come out from behind the hay bale, catching whiff of a strange smell as she waited.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Verulas began creating a mental list of what he knew of his opponent, looking for a weakness that he could possibly exploit to gain an advantage.

He knew that she was an archer, and since she both lacked the power and the means to use said power by herself to create her arrows, she would eventually run out of them at some point. Not immediately useful, but worth remembering.

She had a mechanical device implanted in her face, which elongated her nose. While he did not know its exact specifications or function, damaging it would most likely be quite painful. Still not immediately useful.

She was in possession of exploding capsules, which were either meant to be used by themselves, or hinted at her having a weapon that he hadn't previously noticed on her person. He thought it better to expect the latter, even if it turned out that she didn't.

She had somehow picked him out while his mask power was active. Taking into account that his footsteps were completely silenced, that meant that she either had the eyesight of a hawk, or...

Thermal Vision.

Bingo.

Even if his conclusion turned out to be false, the combination of the detonated Strallix Powder and his mist-bomb plants had obscured a decent sized area of the ring, which neither of them could see through very well at the moment. Forming a plan in his head that partially relied on his theory, he placed the non-poisoned part of the arrow between his teeth before standing abruptly and vaulting over his cover, creating and firing yet another towards her last known position before quickly ducking inside the smoke.

Here goes nothing...

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: (Thok)

I wrote down all the drinks for the group. The one matoran seemed absolutely terrified of me, that's adorable. I mean come on I'm hardly the worst of the bunch, I'm pretty sure we all know who that is. Then again he's kinda tied neck and neck with Zaktan. I prepared the drinks, it took less than three minutes, I had some of the ingredients for my cooking prepared, until I got a couple of decent employees.

"Here you go, has any of the choices caught you interest yet?" I asked, after these customers were served I had to go talk with Echelon, make sure he remembered who brought the gifts that made his takeover of Ko-Koro possible. I'm sure the that Vezok, Hakann, and Reidak thought they had more claim in this village than I. But I could go do that in my own time, those other three could make their attempts to appeal to him, but we all knew who the real mover and shaker of this group was.

IC: (Valria)

Ko-Wahi.

Last time I was here, I considered drinking myself to death, consumed by despair, by my demons. The people I couldn't save, those shadows at the edges of my vision, men like Telric, how far I had went to get my revenge, I vaguely remember the smell of burning skin, and honestly it's better that way, if I remembered it too vividly, pretty sure I'd go somewhere, where I'd never recover from how much I had sickened myself. Now that we came here, it turned out things didn't get better. Ko-Koro had fallen to Followers of Makuta, to vagabonds, and criminals of all sorts. My mind flitted between violent, vengeful thoughts as well as cold and rational ones. There was only empathy, I had seen the atrocities a Follower of Makuta could commit first hand.

So that said, I didn't sleep well. I'd say it was the cold climate, but I think it was something else. There were innocent people inside there, civilians who would become the toys of people who would do with them as they pleased. Thoughts about such things filled my head, it made it hard to focus on resting, so I tossed and turned nearly all night. Probably got like three hours out of the whole night. I could feel the dark circles under my eyes, that stinging burn you got when you know you're pushing it. I yawned, covering my mouth as I got up from my bedroll and blanket. Walking over, I came up beside the others. When we decided to travel to Ko-Wahi, I decided to grab some warmer armor bits, made it a little more comfortable, but Ko-Wahi had that bitterness to it, maybe it was the stinging realization of how little I contributed.

"Mornin'" I said, coming up beside Agni, Cael, Merror, and Praggos.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Veteran and Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost Arena.

"Some days I wish I had thermal vision," Veteran mutters, peering into the smoke. I don't say anything; merely lean back in my seat and wait. Sooner or later, the smoke would clear, and whoever was still standing when that happened would likely be the fight's winner. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This time, the arrow took Tracer by surprise, firmly embedding itself into her left arm. That wasn't good. With her arm now disabled, her aim would be significantly reduced...

Tracer dropped her bow, drew her parang, and began moving away from the smoke in an s-shape pattern, in case he fired off more arrows.

OOC: what does the poison do and how fast acting is it?

IC: Ruhekt

Ruhekt trudged through Ko-Koro, his facescarf protecting his face from the cold air. He stared at the streets, where he quickly became affixed to a brawl involving a Vortixx, a Lesterin, and some Brotherhood members. As he was affixed to the brawl, he nearly walked into a group of people talking about Makuta.

OOC: That's Kotak and co :)

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro)

I consider Kotak's statement for a second, before saying "Yes, perhaps, but destiny is somethi-- "

I am interrupted as what appears to be a Ba-Lesterin almost inadvertently walks into us, so enthralled is he by the nearby fight.

I raise a hand casually, allowing crackling green energy to discharge around it.

"Watch your step, friend."

OOC: Won't be able to post tomorrow :/

Kathok

IC: Khil'rayu

As on edge as I am thanks to this HEATHEN's blatantly atheist monologue, a Lesterin of Gravity collides with me. Before I even know it, my HAND is coming up towards his face, a terrible, Antidermis-fuelled power SURGING through my veins, the liquid almost cackling inside me. With enormous effort, I bring it back down towards the hilt of my sword, the limb TREMBLING with suppressed energy. It is cloaked in a blue aura, pure disintegrative energy CRACKLING around my fist in a malevolent halo of sickly light. I growl, snarling- which, even for me, is unusually aggressive- and say, "Another step and you are dust on the breeze. Choose wisely."

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: The poison renders afflicted people unconcious. How long it takes to work is kind of a subject for debate, since the only other characters it was used on were Dayeth, Septima (both of whom had it take effect almost instantly due to the fact that they were already practically defeated at the time), and Marauder (who was already unconcious when it was introduced into his system). I'd say that Tracer would probably be able to fight through the drowsiness to keep herself awake, however, since she's still currently in battle.

For the record though, Verulas didn't poison the last arrow he fired, so Tracer should still be good for now.

The Bo-Toa knew he didn't have much time left before the smoke from the Skakdi's capsules dissipated, leaving him standing around blindly in his own mist.

So he got right down to business.

From the amount of branches he produced, one would think that he was creating a large stockpile of wooden arrows for future usage, but that couldn't be further from the truth. With the addition of some vines tied off to keep each carefully positioned piece together, the very cape from his shoulders, and some flaming pieces of hay for the finishing touches, he was ready.

It wasn't his best piece of work, but with the limited time he was alotted, it was all he could manage to do.

Activating his mask and sneaking away from his creation to bury himself inside of a snowbank, he waited for his trap to be sprung.

The plan was so incredibly ingenius that he refrained from even thinking about it, lest it end up backfiring in his own face. All he needed to know was whether or not her own suspected Vision Power would trick her into taking the bait once the smoke had cleared, leaving only the fading mist to obscure her sight.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro)

My eyes do not blink for a single moment as the Antidermis-powered muscles in my left arm CONTRACT, sending my blade, which is already mere millimetres from this Lesterin's neck, flying at his throat in a short, sharp STAB. As my left arm does so, the blue aura around my left hand disappearing, the same halo of energy appears around my CLENCHED right hand. As the FIST uncurls, there is a quick flash, and an azure disintegration beam is sent towards the being's midsection.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro)

As he falls forward, I pull my sword out of the Lesterin's neck with what some would call a sickening squelch. I move off to the side as what appears to be his corpse faceplants the ground. I kneel down in the snow, checking for breath. Nothing. I deactivate my sword, the blood falling off the suddenly non-existent crystal blade into the snow near the body's head, and smoothly slide the pole back into its scabbard at my hip. I turn as I stand back up, the shades of my armour suddenly seeming... darker, and, as unflustered as if I had just woken up, say, "Continue, Toa. Mortem, your abilities are no longer required in this situation."

OOC: That's you, Ultimo.

VBWj75sh.png

IC (Kohra):

With nothing to do but to wait, the Vortixx turned towards Vezok. She wasn't one for small talk, but the question she had for the Piraka was born out of genuine curiosity.

"With most of your number here in the mountains, I imagine you had to up security below the great temple in your absence."

IC: Vezok

I tensed, momentarily, my fist twitching ever so slightly as what appeared to be curiosity took the best of her.  Appeared.  I didn't otherwise feel anything aside from the mild jolt, the Rahkshi power having yet to wear off completely.  What personal reasons the vortixx would want that information, or the information that it implied, were beyond me at the moment.  Yes, I trusted these people, completely and without reservation.

I trusted them to be as calculating and backstabbing as Thok.

Then again, part the reason I even bothered to come to this frozen Karzahni at the top of a mountain with Hakann of all the idiots to choose from was to learn a thing or two about these self-branded Followers of Makuta.  So let's see where Kohra went with it.

"Yes," I answer, debating how much to give the vortixx, "We've made several additions to the place."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Khl'rayu (Ko-Koro)

"Worship of Makuta, at least in my experience, is passed from parent to child via word of mouth. If you would like a complete source, I would recommend talking to Nightfall instead of me. Is there anything you would like to add, Mortem?"

The snow is becoming too red. I send a bolt of disintegration energy at the Lesterin's corpse.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

The Ta-Skakdi watched on, eye narrowed. He hadn't decided yet which of the two combatants - Tracer or Verulas - he wanted to win this fight. Either way, it looked like the fight might be ending sometime quite soon. 

IC: Khil'rayu

The wonders of crystal. Removing my dagger from the corpse's hand and placing it back in my belt, I disintegrate the headless body, and, feeling playful, I pick up the dismembered head and drop-kick it over to the Matoran already dribbling another head around near to the Piraka.

OOC: That's you, Tiragath. Also, first PC kill.  :happydance: (Not counting Celsakh, seeing as that was more just killing him off. :D)

VBWj75sh.png

The smoke cleared. A shape slowly became visible on Tracer's thermal vision. Tracer closed the distancd, parang in guard stance -

Wait.

Tracer stopped for a moment.

The heating pattern seemed somewhat off, and why was it standing still? And it smelled... Sorta like burning hay.

Granted, Verulas's scent was present, but...

Deactivating her thermal vision, Tracer found herself staring at some piece of what was presumably an avant-garde representation of a Toa on fire made entirely of organic materials, perhaps as some sort of message about nature or something?

Or, you know, it could have just simply have been a distraction.

Stepping backwards slightly, Tracer looked around the arena, wondering where Verulas had gone. Slowly walking around to behind the hay bales, where Verulas had been hiding before, she sniffed the air.

-IC:-

I feign disinterest (with adroit skill and effortless perfection) as the Vortixx engages Vezok in a transpicuous attempt at obtaining information as to Zaktan's bunker within Mangaia, using their conversation's distraction to turn to the nearest Rahkshi and signal for cautious vigilance. The demeanour of the sextuplet of metalline demons shifts subtly; silent aggression dissipates into hidden interest as they mechanically dissect and analyse their surroundings. Their lack of imaginative creativity or autonomous drives is equilibrised by the severity of their union's supremacy; a true paragon of integrity, the embodiment of the unbroken monad in its holiest form. Two of these working in unison would most likely be capable of eviscerating my person with little effort (reminder: examine again for Avak or Thok tampering).

Due to the superiority of my personal guard (and the probability of Vezok responding before I can do anything else) I remain unconcerned at the imbecility of Vezok's Matoran hostage (he mentioned some absurdity concerning removing a head's flesh with heat, to which I refrained from response), only refocusing on his fatuousness when he acquires the attention of a Disintegration-using Skakdi. As the Matoran attempts to start another fight, I observe the Disintegration-user, my impassive stare unfaltering. The Rahkshi around me tremble slightly, their bloodlust as great as my cerulean companion's, but hidden beneath a façade of phlegm.

I take it you've encountered the wonders of Antidermis,” I speak in measured, calm tones, betraying nothing save my growing ennui; there appears to be a surfeit of manqué homicide enthusiasts dwelling in this city of gelid granite. “Tell me, from whom did you gain your power? The elegant authority of Echelon? The subterranean and ulterior enigma of Zaktan? Or perhaps the religious ecstasy of the evangelist...

OOC: Sharky posts are best posts; sorry about missing that request for a new Kohlii ball earlier.

• Upvote 1

pNNgXax.jpg

Peering out from the small hole he had made in front of his eyes, the Bo-Toa watched on as the mist disappeared, giving him a visual on his opponent as she stood near the hastily constructed, flaming wooden dummy. The Skakdi moved towards his previous position by the hay bales, completely oblivious to the drops of blood obscured by the fading cloud of green water vapor as she headed in the opposite direction of his actual location.

Had this not been a trial, she would've just set herself up to be killed.

Stringing the poisoned arrow and quickly emerging from the snowbank, Verulas fired it at the shoulder of her uninjured arm before tossing the weapon aside and following it up by throwing two of his knives her way, also poisoned.

It it hadn't been previously clear to everyone else around him that he wasn't one to play fair, it was now.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: