BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

-IC:-

Expected resistance, coupled with what appears to be an extreme confidence in his position. I do not break eye contact, waiting until it is clear he has finished his response.

"I would not dare to answer your final question until I perfectly understand your perspective. Let us summarise."

"You have invaded a city state. Your invasion is morally repugnant to five other equal or greater city states. These city states, including the one you have captured, are guarded by the island's most dangerous individuals, proven by their removal of your god from the battlefield. The only component of your position restraining the other city states from waging open war is the existence of hostages. These hostages are presumably hidden in a city that requires nothing but two words to enter. This island has an extremely large population of individuals interested in the histrionics of heroism. You appear to be interested in employing or at least attracting large numbers of mercenaries. You believe that these mercenaries will not or are unable to betray you, due to a presumption of unwillingness on the part of the other Koros to acquire military intelligence."

My facade of dull calm is undisturbed. Grin remains tranquil, gaze empty.

"You believe your strategic choices so far have been cautious, including invading Ko-Koro. You plan to continue in a similar fashion, and your strategic defence of choice is fortification. You believe it possible to survive via conventional means the offensives that are now unavoidable. Your justification for not attempting removal of key targets or otherwise continuing with preemptive operations is that it might incite a war that is no doubt nearing the end of the preparation stage on the part of your opponents. The war you are concerned about starting has already witnessed one battle, the capture of Ko-Koro. You believe that there is a chance for something less than an open war, so long as you do not dare to further injure the morale of your opponents with attacks on their figureheads. You find an honest question concerning this situation pointless and insulting. You believe that victory may be possible from leaving the Maru alive and waging or minimizing a conventional war, and that other options are less likely to result in continued survival."

I shift my gaze to the other speaker, emotions remaining static. No hint of hurt or otherwise emotional response to the maladroit invective.

"You correctly find the incursion of the Piraka into Ta-Koro to be a mistake. You believe that your actions have put you in comparatively less danger than that very mistake. You believe that either of the current groups of participants in the discussion would be capable of killing the Maru, the Toa who banished a god shortly after gaining their powers, by themselves. You attempt to ridicule with rancor-marred hyperbole an offer to solve a problem by your last remaining allies, allies who fail to grasp in any manner or form your strategic vision."

I turn my head and gaze back to the original subject of my address. Throughout the entire summary, my speech remains clear of positive or negative emotional inflection, the epitome of stoicism.

"If you were given this summary in the form of premises in a deductive argument that did not concern you as the subject, what conclusion would you draw?"

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"I think it would be best," Eisen began, cutting through the the by now nearly impervious cloud of words in the air. He had been spending the past few minutes listening carefully to all that was being said. Someone had to, for it was clear neither his compatriots nor their allies had any intention of doing so. Much was being said, and none of it was being heard. "For everyone to quiet themselves."

"Agrona, Karnakie, this argument is meaningless. It borders, in fact, on senseless. Nothing is being accomplished, you're just getting twisted and tied down in rhetoric. We know the reasons for our action. We are aware of the challenges to our position, and the risks inherent. In this, Hakann has a point. There are five Koros allied against us. We have reduced our effective strength by a third, and we took this Koro by surprise in the first place. In large scale conflict, we are outnumbered. We know this." The Iron Toa paused, surveying his allies with a calm, level gaze. "Insulting our remaining allies would be foolish in the extreme. So perhaps you, Agrona, should cease speaking in particular."

"That is not to say, Hakann," The swordsman's gaze transitioned to the Piraka, with the same calm that he addressed the other Nightfall members. "That you are entire correct. I think you would agree that one's tactical awareness is only as keen as their knowledge of the facts, yes? Knowledge that, for you, is incomplete. So perhaps we should all cease bickering, and discuss that strategic outlook."

"That is the reason for this meeting, after all."

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Thank you," I nearly spat out the words. Hakann's bloated ego seemed to be infectious, or maybe it was just the mountain air. I broke my attention away from Echelon, I had gotten what I wanted from him, focusing on the member of his inner circle who had done what I had been planning. With less crushed bones and more words.

"If we are going to kill these stuck-up vigilantes we do not have time to waste, otherwise, we'll take our services elsewhere. This trophy city of yours may not come through in that case."

• Upvote 4

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Were I not privy to this conversation, I would come to the conclusion that those whose situation you were describing were foolish. However, having been privy to the conversation, I instead come to the conclusion that your interpretations of my words have fallen short of the mark in multiple ways." I fell silent, my eyes shifting to Eisen - really the only other compatriot I had who I felt any true similarity to - as he spoke up, interrupting Hakann and I in our argument, while chastising Agrona. I looked back to Hakann, sitting back in my seat again.

"Of course, if you wish to discuss that further, we can always find another time; this has certainly been a stimulating conversation. For now, though, let's do as Eisen says and return to the original topic of our discussion."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro - The Citadel

This time, I rolled my eyes.

I quickly turned my attention to the blue one, much more interested in spurring him on since he clearly was less concerned about writing a book with his words, and solving the problem. I wanted to make a comment to Eisen that I had in fact tried to steer the conversation to the topic at hand, but was afraid it would get Karnakie or the red one talking again.

It would probably trigger another cascade of words, this time large enough to wash us all out the Citadel and into the city streets.

"Yes," I began, much warmer than before, "What is your plan?" I gestured to Vezok, "Please, share."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro - The CitadelAs Echelon greeted the Piraka, I gestured to Toros silently, signing with my hands 'Toros, take the body to my lab. To the basement. Return again.'.

IC: Greisk/Toros, Cyrena

Greisk nodded and complied, picking up the rapidly cooling corpse. It was surprisingly light, even for a Matoran.

What... What were those tentacles!?

I'm more interested in the Turaga and his envoy. How do they know of the Antidermis?

Yeah yeah, that's all fine and dandy, but... Tentacles! And... That mutating poison thing.

The mute Toa of Magnetism quietly exited the chamber and out into the main halls of the palace proper. The hallways were silent today, the echoes of Greisk's footsteps being the only sound he heard as he crossed the building to the exit.

It's hard to imagine that's the corpse of the most powerful man in Ko-Koro. His decisions affected the lives of thousands... Just drives in how vulnerable and mortal all of us are, in the end.

You're not carrying him, I am.

Thanks for ruining the moment.

It's nice to see you being serious for once.

Oh, not at all. I was going to talk about his poor skincare, and that his clothes look really shaby. You'd think a rich man like him would be better-dressed...

Greisk tuned out Cyrena's comments as he entered the cold of the outside. His hood was up, but the wind still bit deeply, snow brushing his face.

He passed by a squad of Legacy grunts roughing up a few refugees. Although he was under orders to not harm any of the soldiers of Makuta, it wasn't unheard of for violence to occur between violent followers of a dark god.

Greisk stopped and stared. One of the guards saw the Toa and sneered.

"Get lost, this is our catch. Find yourself another!"

Greisk said nothing.

One of the guard's companion, a shifty Matoran, whispered, "I think that's one of 'em Nightfall guys. We'd better leave."

The ringleader, a Vortixx, turned her attention away from the refugees once she pocketed a bag of coin.

"No way. Just a two-bit merc with more morals than sense. I'll only say it once," the Vortixx said, levelling a crossbow at Greisk's chest, dead center.

"Leave."

Don't let them go! Kill them! Look, she's got a dislocated shoulder. The Anxilia activated, and Greisk saw the many injuries in the muscle and bones of the grunts.

I'm in no shape to fight.Greisk peered down, his X-ray vision revealing numerous injuries of varying degrees.

Cyrena didn't answer, but Greisk could feel her frustration.

He turned away, ignoring the jeering of the grunts.

After a few minutes, they reached the lab. Outwardly, it was a greenhouse, a refuge for plants from the biting cold and howling wind of the outside.

Greisk mentally pushed the door's metal hinge and entered.

Agrona had built this greenhouse in the past week, and bred and grew her insects and plants inside the warn sanctuary. Her deft and skilful movements of precision was reminiscent of the skill she dealt with her other... Specimens, in the basement.

Greisk laid Ambages' corpse on the floor and hauled open the door to the basement, wafts of sterilising liquid and dried offal assaulting his nose.

Urgh, couldn't the ###### have sealed up your nose as well?

That's my nose you're talking about. I'd inquire after the opinion of my wearer if I were you.

Good thing I'm the Anxilia then. Gods, why was I made to smell what you smell? But it's curious... That crazy hag is usually meticulous about keeping things clean. Why the stench?

Greisk slung the corpse over his shoulder and walked down into the darkness, pausing to activate a few of the new-fangled electric lights along the walls. Agrona liked the glow of the new lights. It shined much better off the blood of her newest dissections.

The creak of a floorboard signalled that the Toa had reached the bottom of the stairs. Another switch; this one bathed the room in light.

It was a small and organised room, the dissecting table where Agrona plied her craft occupying the centre of the room. Rows of body lockers lined with the walls, and notes were stacked in two neat piles. There was even an analysis bench on the far side of the room, filled with tubes of chemicals, rows of differently-sized scalpels and even a rare microscope that was looted from the Nuju-Marion Research Hospital. Greisk knew it well, since it belonged to Doctor Gabel.

On the table was Agrona's latest dissection, and the source of the stench: she had neglected to store the extraneous organs of her latest experiment in Greisk's absence, opting to scribble her latest findings on Lesterin biology in blood on a nearby piece of discarded paper.

The mute Toa carefully laid the corpse of Ambages inside an empty storage chamber, built into the walls. The cold ice and soil on the other side of the walls around the basement would help preserve the corpse for a good while, enough for the ex-ruler of Ko-Koro to receive the careful and detailed dissection he was destined for. He was put into the lowest row of lockers, which seemed to store corpses the best.

After all, Greisk reflected, as he put Agrona's notes in order and stored the extraneous organs into the last few steile jars in the lab, turning to put turn the light switch off.

It was only fitting that the man who once ruled from the highest of Ko-Koro's buildings, the most powerful and elevated of its citizens, now rested at the bottom of the very same village, amongst the cadavers of the abandoned.

Edited by Norik Toa Of CuSO4
  • Upvote 2

OOC: Not the best internet connection here on vacation, so I'll skip the formatting.

IC (Kohra)

“Indeed. Please, Vezok: share your plan with us. But before you do, let me state a little more obviousness.”

Kohra had not spoken up until now, instead she had chosen to observe the present company, drawing her own conclusions as she did. And with good reason. For one, this discussion was the first proper contact the majority of their little group had had with the Piraka and so she was curious to gauge her compatriots’ reactions to the encounter.

Her own opinions of the two Piraka had not changed since their last meeting: Vezok and Hakann were both relateable in their own way. With Vezok, it was his anger and frustration. They both were not the type for politics – they were living weapons, waiting to be unleashed upon any who dared oppose their cause and bring utter destruction down upon them. As for Hakanna, he was probably the most erudite Skakdi she had made acquaintance with – and the most disturbing. Not because of how she perceived his behavior and personality by themselves, no, but because of how eerily familiar they were to her: That all-encompassing façade through which every outward signal was filtered to achieve a specific, desired result or reaction. Yes, that was familiar. And familiarity breeds contempt.

The other reason for her silence was far less complex: The two groups’ respective opinion leaders were putting forward all of her thoughts through their words already – there had been need for her to talk before. Not until Eisen had interjected some purpose into the discussion again, which was, despite the participants’ eloquence, little more than a measuring contest between organizations.

“I doubt anybody here disagrees in your assessment of the Maru. Least of all Echelon – considering all his past, personal investments and involvement trying to prevent the Maru from ever coming to be. But Hakann’s picture of the situation is a bit bleaker than the facts suggest. After all, this very city was one of those protected by a Maru as well.”

“The truth is that while we have indeed pitted the five remaining Koro against us and given them an obvious location to strike at, rather than hiding within the general populace of the island, the lines are far less clearly drawn. Just like your team and our pact, there are different factions on the other side with different approaches to how they go about ‘doing good’. Or what counts as good, considering the dealings this city’s previous ruler was said to have all over the island. Not all those opposing Mata Nui and its social norms are consolidated here. True heroes among our enemies are not quite as numerous as one might think and neither are the forces the Koro can muster. The Akiri of the other villages will have to decide how many of their respective guard forces to send to join the Maru in their eventual attempt to reclaim this city. They will need to retain some at least, if only to hold together the fragile peace that has existed since Makuta’s hold over the land was broken. If they did outnumber us so badly, they would have taken the city back by now, hostages or not. Karzhani knows, they’ve had enough time to come up with a plan. The fact that they have not lends credence to the assumption that they either lack strength or unity. And if that is the case, we can make use of that and prepare accordingly, which we have partially done already. The city is fortified and it can be defended reasonably well against larger forces. For one we have the previous administration to thank for its paranoia and listening system. And the location of the Koro itself. Most paths into the village will funnel an assault force into smaller paths we know about and we’ve spent quite some time scouting out those paths that we didn’t. And since our population and fighting force are one and the same, we can turn the entire Koro into a trap and kill zone. Of course, I am just laying down the broadest of strokes right now, though it should be obvious by now our strategic options are far more varied than relying on mere hostages."

“But to get back to the topic at hand I will leave it at that and give you one final input to consider before you tell us of your idea: When it comes down to it, this city means nothing. We have struck terror into the hearts of Matoran long before we were the Pact or the Nightfall and we have lived and thrived in the shadows even longer. This Koro is very much a ‘nice to have’ in my eyes. We did not build these walls or our lives within them. We took it to strike a blow at our enemies and their morale and I would not hesitate to bring down all of Mount Ihu to bury it if it meant annihilating those enemies. ”

Kohra was not boasting about her conviction. She had buried part of Ko-Koro before and she would unhesitatingly do so again if there was a need.

“Now then: You were saying?”

-----

IC (Agni)

“Speaking of defeat,” I said, briefly looking around, “we shouldn’t linger here much longer. Let us finish what we came here for and then get back to warmer places before we are defeated by the cold...or marauding Makuta followers. This Wahi isn't safe.”

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"I can help with the cold, at least," Praggos mumbled, breaking the silence he'd held up until now. Agni, Merror, and then the new fourth member of the group would notice that the temperature immediately surrounding them rose quickly, Praggos doing what he could do to break the laws of physics in order to dispel the cold from around himself and his fellows. After a moment he crossed his arms, his entire countenance taking the surly and annoyed set it had always had.

"You're right that we have to move, though. We should cut this little discussion short until we're back somewhere that is moderately safer than where we're at now."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Rorg)

These Skakdi think themselves eloquent. Karnakie, too, suffers under this delusion. This word-vomit, for all its eloquence, is meant to fatten their egos. They are weak.

Talk is cheap. An abundance of words marks a lack of action, and action is the only thing of any value. Men who stand and argue are useless, for all their fancy words. There is nothing more eloquent than a bullet.

• Upvote 4

IC: Kallazekh

Kallazekh pondered his options.  That creature over there sure seems interested in all those beings at the enterance.

I've definitely never seen anything like him.  And with a weapon like that, he must be dangerous.  

Kallazekh's mind slowly formulated a plan.  If I hunt this creature, I could say that I was protecting the koro from a powerful threat.  Maybe I could get a reward or at least get some recognition.  That's gotta be good for business.  

Another idea popped into his head, and Kallazekh smiled thoughtfully.

In fact, I bet there are some collectors out there who would love a rare creature like this on their mantle.

Kallezekh made up his mind.  He stood up on top of the windmill and took the heavy weapon off of his back.

"HEY!  YOU THERE!" he shouted across the wind, while simultaneously charging his railgun.

IC: Chivinix - Near the Front Gate of Koro

Hmm? Who is shouting?

Chivinix directed his gaze towards the source of the shout, eyes homing in on the Skakdi who appeared to be priming somekind of weapon that he had never seen before. Chivinix rose from his crouched position atop the roof and turned to stare directly at Kallezekh, his talons digging into the material of the roof as he took several steps towards him. He then raised both of his left hands, one hand aiming at the chest of the Skakdi, the other at the weapon he held in his hands. Bursts of energy shot from Chivinix's palms towards the aforementioned locations.

"If skakdi wants to fight, Chivinix will take the first shot. Skakdi should have spoke after weapon was ready!" Chivinix's shrill voice carried easily on the wind

OOC: I have to ask, what windmill are you referring to, or just some random convenient windmill?

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Here." Krayn stated simply, picking the map up off the table and pass it off to the Sentinel. He didn't say anything more, for the moment, and instead turned his attention back to stitching up the holeinSkyra's coat.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Lunefeld Magtstrom - The Sanctum

Lunefeld stood silently behind Hakann. The Toa of Gravity had said nothing throughout the meeting, as he was... Enraptured, by the ebb and flow of the discussion.

While the fact that the loquacious crimson Piraka was Lunefeld's patron determined which side of the argument he was on, he did feel that Hakann was right.

Nightfall's rationale for turtling instead of taking out the Maru was that it would solidify resistance to the Pact, citing the lack of a military response at this time as evidence. The lack of unity among the villages would allow the Pact to consolidate their holdings and defend from the inevitable counter-attack.

And yet, as someone intimately familiar with the darker side of Mata-Nui society, Lunefeld knew that the villages wouldn't give them time to consolidate, and the Pact had already invoked the total wrath of the Island, because of what the villages treasured most: the status quo. The occupation of Ko-Koro wasn't just morally repungent, as Hakann reiterated. It was anathema to the island's society's identity of self.

Anathema to the island's identity of self?My verbose patron's tendency for drama seems to be affecting me.

Lunefeld looked back at the group, refocusing his thoughts.

Striking at the Maru won't solidify resistance to the Pact. The occupation itself has already done that.

Indeed, Lunefeld found it slightly amusing that Nightfall was worried about the backlash if they targeted the Maru, given the current situation. They were already knee-deep in Kikanalo dung.

They might as well shoot the Kikanalo and risk its wrath now.

Edited by Norik Toa Of CuSO4

IC (Jin)

"Mmm, good idea," I agreed. 

"How about that one?" I pointed down a side street, towards a house whose door hung listlessly off one of its hinges. If I had to guess at an empty place, it'd be that one.

IC:

"Looks good to me," I said, flipping up my coat collar against the chill as I walked over to it.

I was gentle with the door when I opened it, figuring that something resembling cover -- no matter how flimsy -- could come in handy later. Hieroglyphs of dust covered the ground, strewn around, I guess, from the wind. This close to the gates and the eyes of the gatekeepers, I guessed that no one was gutsy enough to try looting anything here, so the furniture had left to sit and moulder under the occupation.

Not that I much cared. I'd stayed in worse places than this, after all.

"Ladies first," I said, attempting a smile while I held the door open.

IC:

Krayn was all business, and so was Rynekk. Already, he had the map open, piece of charcoal out, scribbling down notes, annotations, quick sketches of where buildings were gone damaged, where new avenues had opened up and where others had been closed off. He moved quickly, his Kakama glowing faintly in the dim light.

"If one of us has to go, Kale," he said, not looking up from his work, "it should be me. You, you could instrumental in what comes next. If I go, you won't be losing anyone nearly as important."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Lantz stomped through the snow, the crunching sound of the white stuff being compacted following him with each step. He breathed fast and hard, from exertion as much as anger. At a whim he looked at a nearby house and activated his Jutlin briefly; he saw veins of weakness start to appear in the solid ice.  He stopped, and continued on his way.

He would have normally grinned at this small evil, at the thought of the Matoran living their lives for weeks, months, and for then one day watch as their home collapsed on top of them. But the act brought him no pleasure, not now.

In fact, the lack of pleasure just him even angrier. He growled, frightening a nearby villager.

Finally, he arrived. He stared up the building before him in disgust. The Sanctum. A monument to a weak god,  for a weak people. Mata-Nui was gone, and good riddance, but the people on the island insisted on  bowing low to him and his ridiculous teachings. They had resisted Makuta, and more. Too much more. 

Now the temple lay in the hands of Makuta's so-called chosen ones, beings that had as of yet done nothing concrete to carry out justice for their Dark Lord.  Lantz had waited and waited, but his patience had vanished. Capturing one cold village was nothing - vengeance was needed!

He slammed the pommel of his sword loudly against the doors of the Sanctum, and waited for the guards to let him in.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Syvra - Within the Sanctums Lobby

Syvra was nose deep in his book, given the time the meeting was taken. As such when the banging occurred he looked up with an annoyed expression. He glanced towards one of the guards present and waved him off "I'll handle this." The guard simple shrugged and went back to what he was doing as Syvra tucked his book back into his satchel and walked towards the main doors.

I swear... Even for thugs and criminals some of these people lack tact.

He opened the door slightly, his foot being used to prop it open as he stared at the Toa who was banging his stick against it.

"What do ya want?" He said, trying his best to imitate your generic 'Thug' voice

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Where are they?" Lantz grumbled back at the Toa behind the Sanctum doors.

"The ones that use this mockery of a temple as a place of meeting. The ones that led the assault on Ko-Koro and now lead it. I need to speak to them. Now." 

His voice was deep and seemed barely contained - as if the Toa of Gravity was doing all he could to keep himself in check and stop from straight off screaming -or worse- at the guard that now barred his way. 

"For Makuta's sake, I must speak to them."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Syvra

Impatient little Bugger isn't he?

Indeed. Though at least he has the self-restraint to ask first.

True, Very true. Most in this village would not take that time.

"The High-ups are currently busy in a meeting with the Piraka. They don't have time to come out and attend to this themselves." He replied gruffly "But can relay a message to them if it is of High Concern, such as the city being attacked or similar undesirable examples."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Lantz' anger flared and his eyes opened wide with outrage when he heard that they were ​having a meeting. Sitting around a table politely discussing the latest news while horrible murderers and infidels roamed free across the island. It was just this sort of behaviour that incensed Lantz to the edges of his sanity. Where were the men of action that had taken this Koro?!

The only reason he didn't start battering down the door was the mention of the Piraka. They were not to be trifled with, Lantz knew that. One had given him the powerful mask he now wore - he could only guess what other weapons they kept for themselves.

"My Kanohi was given to me by one of the Piraka in exchange for service. I should at least be allowed to come and wait inside to ask what is being done to deal with those killer Maru that plague this island. Don't you think?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

While he fought to keep his expression neutral, mentally he and Venixa were rolling their eyes.

Oh great... We have another one of these chauvinistic Makuta followers.

At what point does one become so obsessed with their beliefs that they start to believe what they are doing is technically the 'right' thing?

Probably about the same time they begin to question their beliefs.

"To be frank with ya mate, I don't believe they will have the patience or care enough to answer your question. Afterall, this group has given alot of items to alot of people, heck they even have a shop here for that very purpose. But if you want to come in and waste their time once the meeting is over, be my guess. It's your limbs." He said as he removed his foot from the door, opening it widely and heading back to the chair he had previously occupied

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Lantz barged into the room, shoving the door closed with a loud bang behind him. He began pacing across the room. From one wall, to another, then back again, then back to the wall. On the one hand he wanted to barge into the meeting, demand answers and force the Legacy into action. On the other, he didn't want to risk losing his head by angering the Piraka.

Overall, it was a frustrating situation.

He stared at the Toa that had admitted him, now sitting in a chair.

"So, what's your name?" he snarled.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Syvra glanced up from his book again and stared at Lantz. He sighed faintly and closed his book once again.

"The name is Litozen, though most just call me Decay."

Of course the first part was an utter and complete lie. Litozen was a Toa that Syvra had converted to follow Makuta, even being able to convince him to forsake Matoran... However it had been sometime since he last saw Litozen, so he was likely dead. But of course Lantz would not know this, and Syvra's demeanor and tone of voice gave no indication he was lying.

"What is your name oh impatient one?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Lantz growled at the comment.

"I have been very patient. But, even Makuta's patience would be tested with all the waiting that has gone on."

He paused, taking a deep breath. Staying cool.

"My name is Lantz. So, why do they call you Decay? And how did you end up here?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Sometimes waiting is what must be done. Those who act without thinking are either those who die first, or are used as the frontline fighters in war, because ultimately they are expendable." 

He glanced towards the large double doors that lead into the room Nightfall and the Piraka were currently meeting in.

"The alias more so came about as a joke. Most Toa of Plantlife value life and use their innate knowledge of herbalism for good. I am the exact opposite. As for how I ended up here. Let's just say it's a series of convenient circumstances. What truly matters is that I am here because of my efficiency. When the Legacy needs something done about Brotherhood members, I am who they come to for it."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

"Brotherhood? The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An? More unbelievers, but at least they recognize Makuta's power. When His inheritors rightfully reclaim this island, the brotherhood too will have reckoning."

Lantz took a a careful look a the guard. Some members of the Brotherhood were formidable themselves. If Decay was the one that "took care of them," he must be more powerful than Lantz first thought.

"That's quite the arm you have there..." Lantz noticed. "You know, I've always like Toa of Plantlife. Always so creative. One most got me permanently stuck in a tree" he said with a rough laugh. "Were you a killer before or after you were given a gift from our Lord?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Syvra curled his mouth in displeasure as he listened to Lantz, and his prosthetic left foot tapped against the ground

Remember Syvra, most will not be able to accept the possibility of their being a true deity, not just a powerful being masquerading as one.

I know... It still just irks me so much how some can be so ignorant. Has makuta ever brought the dead back to life? No, not once. 

They will know eventually of Ak'rei'an. But it will be with a new image, not of one Cultists and Kidnappers.

"Killer is such a... primitive word. Anyone can be a killer, even Rahi. What sets killer's apart is how they kill. But yes, I was much the same before I was given Antidermis. I'm just now better at what I do." He stifled a laugh "You would be amazed at what it's like to have the possibility of killing with just a handshake, or a pat on the back."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

"An assassin's touch. Effective, but it lacks the honour of a proper fight. It is impersonal and cold.  But, dead is dead I suppose" Lantz said with a sigh. His mind had momentarily forgotten the impatience that had burned through him. It had been replaced with murderous fascination. 

"Makuta's  gifts are true treasure's aren't they? The give us the strength to follow his will and become his princely servants, as we are mean't to be. For you, it's been to make you an even more effective killer, as much on the battlefield as without. For me, it's given me the ability to tear down false temples such as this one" he said. Lantz moved to the wall, stroking the cold surface. "But that is for another day, another dusk. At present it is useful. Apparently."

"How many will we have to kill to bring Makuta justice I wonder? The six Maru of course, but they are only the most directly responsible for our Lord's demise. There remain countless Turaga, Toa and Matoran that supported the Maru, and who would continue to fight Makuta's teaching until their death. So be it..."

"How many of those faithless Brotherhood have you killed?" Lantz asked gleefully.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Yes... They are certainly priceless given it seems each one is unique, at least in regards to the antidermis. No two affects are the same. As for the death count, that depends. Many can be broken into servitude, though as you said there are those who fill fight for their beliefs till the end... Much like the followers of Makuta. We are willing to put our lives on the line for our beliefs." He pauses and glances towards the wall, considering his next answer "Truth be told, I can't right give an exact number. I'd say easily ten of them, though more of my work has been done in destroying their bases, thus taking away their safe havens."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Lantz howled in delight.

"That's the way! Smoke the roaches out and let them scurry blindly in the wild! And blind they are, to revere false teachings and hold anyone but Makuta as supreme. And I must say, hunting them down one by one afterwards is fantastic. I love the chase!"

At that, his thought's returned to the reason he'd come to this Sanctum.

"And we will hunt again. The Maru are scurrying around Mata-Nui, trying to make sense of their world which we so brutally mauled by capturing this village from their grasps. We must find them now, while they are separate, or divide them ourselves. Together they were able to conquer, however temporarily, our Dark Lord, so it would be foolish to take them on while they are united. No, we must get them disconnected. That one from Le-Koro, the one that can jump from Wahi to Wahi - he will have to be the first one we take care of."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Merror)

"Ihu-Koro will be the nearest friendly settlement," Merror concluded. "We should head there, and find our new friend some medical attention."

IC (Echelon)

As Hakann and Karnakie squabble I find myself increasingly disinterested. I know well enough how precarious our foothold is, and how formidable an enemy we face in the Toa Maru, without this thug (who has somehow convinced himself that he is possessed of eloquence) telling me so in oh-so-many words. Nor am I naive enough to think, as Karnakie seems to, that our actions thus far have been the soundest of military strategy.

I did not lead us here to begin a conquest of the island. I know that our occupation exists on borrowed time. I consider Ko-Koro a temporary asset, a stepping-stone to greater things—and not for its military value. To me, its value has lain in subtler things: the symbolism of our victory, the message it sends to the Maru and the Akiri and those follow them, the fear it has spread; the rallying cry it has been to the dark and the dispossessed who now flock to join our cause; and, most secretly and most crucially, the power I might gain here.

And by 'power', I refer to the knowledge sequestered in this city, in the books, scrolls and tablets to be found within the Sanctum's walls. The scholars of Ko-Koro have collected these arcane writings for centuries. Some they have gleaned from the Wall of Prophecy. Others they gained from experiment and observation and the application of scientific rigour. And some...some are of unknown origin, transcribed from older texts long since turned to dust. It seemed that here, more than anywhere else, I had a chance to find the knowledge I sought: the lore of the Two Brothers. Here I might gain an understanding of how each of them had fallen...and how one of them might be brought back.

Ko-Koro was weakened with its Akiri dead and its leadership divided, balancing on a knife-edge between martial law under Korzaa and the schemes of Ambages, and so I seized the moment. That part of the story is, I think, already history.

With the Koro under our control and any threat the Brotherhood could pose crushed, I had the libraries of the Sanctum within my grasp, and with them, access to the knowledge I so desperately needed...or so I thought. As I pored over text after text, I found that although there was no shortage of lore regarding Mata Nui (much of it religious drivel, of course, but always with at least a modicum of truth), there was infuriatingly little concerning Makuta. Seldom did I find anything that I did not already know, and never anything that I could use! I knew it was a gamble to hope that the key to Makuta's return would be hidden here, but to have found nothing at all...I concealed it well, but the truth is that I began to feel desperation gnawing at my mind.

But now, the solution has come to me in the most unlikely form. (I’d almost call it ‘destiny’, if destiny weren’t the refuge of those too weak-willed to take charge of their own fate.) Thanks to Nimil, the next step is now clear: I must go to the Vault, and I must use what I have taken from him.

And I must do it now, I decide. Every moment I delay increases the risk of interference, be it by the Maru, or Merror, or Shaddix, or whichever lackey ‘Destiny’ chooses to throw at me next—or, indeed, by these ‘allies’ of ours, who will surely have hidden agendas of their own.

Each of the five other members of the Nightfall heard Echelon’s voice in their minds.

Change of plans, he announced. I need to mobilise, now.

Kohra had finished speaking, and it seemed that Vezok was taking a moment to collect his thoughts before accepting the monologic baton.

I have...a hypothesis to test, Echelon continued. There is no time to explain in full, but suffice it to say that I believe I can open the Vault, and that doing so is of the highest priority to our cause.

The Dark Toa’s gaze flitted to his Vortixx comrade.

I would like Kohra to accompany me. I trust the rest of you will keep things running smoothly while we are gone.

Finally, he spoke aloud to the Piraka.

“Gentlemen, I’m afraid Kohra and I must take our leave,” he said, with a diplomatic smile. “Something has come up that requires our immediate attention. Please,” he gestured from the Piraka to his colleagues, “continue in our absence.”

Lantz and Syvra’s bonding session in the atrium was interrupted by the sound of the Sanctum’s great double-doors opening, revealing Echelon and Kohra. Once the two Nightfall members had passed through, the guards heaved the doors shut again.

Syvra found himself the target of the Dark Toa’s cold stare.

“You,” he addressed him brusquely. “I take it you were successful in your mission?”

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Mission? What mission?" Lantz asked angrily.

He'd thought the 'ones in charge' had been sitting around in this castle of their doing nothing since they'd taken the Koro. Now they were having missions? Why hadn't Lantz been told about any of them? 

"It had better have been about avenging our Master..." he said, his voice brimming with violence.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Rorg)

Echelon and Kohra are gone. Echelon trusts his lackeys to rule in his absence, though I would not allow Karnakie to clean my gun, let alone take charge of a village. But I am not paid to question the wisdom of his decisions.

I will obey Echelon and carry out his wishes. I will follow the pattern with the highest probability of success. Even if that requires listening to the prattle of these Piraka.

IC (Oreius)

He opened his eyes.

The room, once lit by the cracks of light peering in through the cracked shutters, was now dark. The sun had sank behind the mountain. And no Korero.

Oreius Maru stood to his feet, his face hidden in the shadows of his hood. They had planned to meet before sundown, but the light was dying and the Toa of Air was nowhere to be seen. He frowned, mind pacing methodically through the possibilities. Wearing the Hiko, Korero was nearly impossible to capture. Perhaps a crisis had arisen somewhere else, Makuta's followers striking another part of the island while the Akiri were fixated on Ko-Koro. Or perhaps the other Maru were proving more difficult to locate than they had first thought.

He refused to believe that his brother was captured, but then where was he? There was no way of knowing.

Warmed by the heat of his own blood, the ever-present fire that ran beneath his skin, Oreius left the hut to brave the icy air of Ko-Koro once more. 

Edited by Eyru

Syvra was about to speak up when Echelon made his entrance. He was quick to rise to his feet, but not in the 'oh my gosh, it's the head honcho' sort of quick. He ignored Lantz's comments towards echelon, for he knew what was coming the toa's way, and instead turned his full focus to Echelon

"Yes, Blackrock is reduced to rubble, and any sentries that were there were dealt with. The Brotherhood has no safe havens anymore. And the ussalry is none the wiser of my connections." he explained, his tone neither denoting pride in his work nor disgrace at his work. 

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Kohra):

Kohra had holstered her crossbow again across her lower back again and followed Echelon, striding past the Piraka's Rahkshi entourage. Unlike their current masters, she found them a lot more pleasant to deal with, despite the fact that Makuta's sons were alien creatures compared to most other sentient beings. When given a proper directive, their Kraata's wild nature could be suppressed to a point where they were more akin to automatons than living creatures in posture. Then they'd left the sanctum and strode through the gates, where they found another pair of beings waiting, one of which obviously was impatient. 

The Vortixx shot Lantz a half-second's glare. What did this presumptuous being think they had been doing. She felt anger surge up inside her - well, more anger than usual - followed by sting of pain in her left arm, causing her to clench her claw into a fist. But she said nothing to him. Talk was wasted here; there were more important matters, especially in light of their impending trip.

She stepped up next to Echelon to where they could make eye-contact and, after a glance at Syvra, gave him a look that, if interpreted right, would probably cause him to listen in on her thoughts, courtesy of his mask. She thought about the orders she'd give the regular city-guard in her and Echelon's absence in order to best handle any outside threats and should the need arise...their guests. Contingencies would no doubt come in handy.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Echelon)

Echelon ignored Lantz outright, and (much like the Vo-Toa himself) showed neither satisfaction nor disappointment at Syvra's report.

"Good," he said simply, before meeting Kohra's gaze. He returned her meaningful look with a nigh-imperceptible nod, and entered the Vortixx's mind.

Her focused thoughts were presented to him as images of the mercenaries and zealots that made up the Legacy's guard force, mixed with the spoken words with which she intended to instruct them: strategies for dealing with a variety of potential targets, hostile or otherwise. I approve, came his response. As he withdrew from her mind and she relaxed her thoughts back to their natural flow, however, he caught a few brief glimpses of memories, two of which were somewhat concerning. One was the sight of Agrona standing in one of the city's squares, surrounded by open carts filled with currency. The other was a sensation of pain in her clawed arm, accompanied by a strange feeling of doubt.

Echelon frowned slightly and held Kohra's gaze a moment longer, but did not try to question her on the memories now. There would be time enough for that on the journey to Mangaia.

He turned to leave. Only then did Lantz, still blocking the way to the Citadel doors, find himself the subject of the Dark Toa's attention.

"You are in my way."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Jin)

"Mmm, good idea," I agreed. 

"How about that one?" I pointed down a side street, towards a house whose door hung listlessly off one of its hinges. If I had to guess at an empty place, it'd be that one.

IC:

"Looks good to me," I said, flipping up my coat collar against the chill as I walked over to it.

I was gentle with the door when I opened it, figuring that something resembling cover -- no matter how flimsy -- could come in handy later. Hieroglyphs of dust covered the ground, strewn around, I guess, from the wind. This close to the gates and the eyes of the gatekeepers, I guessed that no one was gutsy enough to try looting anything here, so the furniture had left to sit and moulder under the occupation.

Not that I much cared. I'd stayed in worse places than this, after all.

"Ladies first," I said, attempting a smile while I held the door open.

-Void

IC (Jin)

I accepted the courtesy graciously, complete with fluttering eyes and a coy smile. But, thank everything holy in this world, I could drop the disguise as soon as the door bumped shut, giving us something resembling privacy. The room we'd picked was a little messy, like someone had clumped through looking for anything valuable, not terribly concerned with concealing their visit; and dusty, suggesting it hadn't been lived in for awhile.

"There. We're in," I said, getting straight to the point. "That was a great time to find your chivalry, by the way. Don't do it again."

IC:

"I am in your way?" Lantz repeated incredulously after the Toa of Magnetism. "I'm in your way?!"

All prudence was forgotten as weeks of pent up anger and frustration boiled dangerously to the surface. Coming to the Sanctum he'd known he would come face to face with Makuta's other servants, all of whom were known to be extremely dangerous. If he'd encountered Piraka, he probably would have been able to control himself. One of them had after all given Lantz the Mask he now wore. But, as it were, he stood facing a Toa and a Vortixx.

"I have contently sat back since I arrived in Ko-Koro while the the leaders ran this city. I have waited and waited, and what's happened? Nothing! Our Lord's supposed murderer's run free around this island! The other Koros still blaspheme in Mata-Nui's name while Makuta's is cursed and spat on!

Lantz growled and pointed a finger threateningly at Echelon.

"Now you say I'm in your way? I would follow Makuta to Karzahni if it was asked of me, I would sink this this entire island if it was needed. What do you do? Sit back in your nice little tower and take care of Ak'rei'an scum? What are you going to do now, treat with the Akiri? How dare you claim I'm standing in your way!"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?