BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Toenga

Toenga chuckled.

"Reminds me of a friend of mine: Jakura, a lieutenant in the Ta-Koro Guard. He was always screwing something up, back when he worked at a forge, so I made fun of him by calling him the 'Toa of Obliviousness.' The title doesn't fit him anymore, though - I heard he got all of his weaknesses pounded out of him on the front lines. He's a cold and calculating warrior now, apparently. What a shame."

The Su-Matoran grimaced at the thought. He hated it when people lost their sense of humor.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Arzaki

"And you already know who I am. Unless you forgot, in which case I'm Arzaki, Toa of Miracles Fire."

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro, the Akiri's hut]

"I'm sorry if you don't like that answer. It's what I got."

Zataka's right buttcheek, had someone in charge actually given a straight answer without beating around the bush with half a dozen political power plays first? And one that actually seemed to put value on the lives of villagers over dragging out enemies? She was going to have to sit down for a drink with this Hahli chick somet-

And that was when Soraya's brain exploded.

That was a bit of an exaggeration, of course, but only a bit of one.  Dashi weren't that good with filtering ideatalk to begin with, and Soraya had never been a fan of people in her head, so that was strike one.  Here on Mata Nui, they were the only psychics around, meaning any broadcasts were going to go a lot further.  Strike two.  And those broadcasts were a panicked mix of - paraphrasing - "someone's drugged us" and "send help, now" and "where are you" being blasted as loud as they could and -

Soraya had learned quite a few coping mechanisms for stress over the years, and lacking the processing power to select any other, her brain went for the most basic, which was to turn control over to her mouth.

When her mind had finally gotten a hold on what exactly was going on with the quarter-dozen people shouting back and forth mentally, it took the time to back up and review what had happened while it was away.  It turned out what had happened was a four-letter word, repeated over and over, in gradually increasing volume.

She slammed her mouth shut, then forced it open again, because really, what other choice did she have at this point? "All of you!" she barked.  "Shut- hold that thought!"  She spun on a heel to face the rest of the Dasakans.  "I know I'm not the only one who heard all that, so why are we still standing here?"

She was going in the brig for this, probably.

• Upvote 1

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Dessa

She smirked.

"I've yet to see you actually perform any of these miracles."

"Yeah," Toenga said with a smirk. "I dare you to walk on water, Arzy. Can I call you Arzy? I don't want to call you something you don't want to be known by..."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

"Call me Arzy and you won't have the organs to call me Arzy. They'll be on the ground."

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

IC (Leah, Ayiwah):

Ayiwah remained quiet as the Akiri spoke, taking into account what was said. This Hahli, despite her initial friendly appearance, was a hardened leader. Despite the difference in height, the Dasaka had a feeling the two of them were seeing eye to eye. She understood the unwillingness to rally forces for a direct attack upon an enemy stronghold. Especially just to apprehend a handfull of criminals, however powerful they were. Their custody should not cost more lives than they had taken already. But maybe there was another way. Ayiwah took a step forward and looked at the map on Hahli's desk as well.

"The circumstances are unfortunate." she commented. "But if I read this correctly, the village is flanked by glaciers on both sides, yes?"

The answer was a raised eyebrow and a nod. 

"And the village is completely overrun, yes?"

"That's what the reports say."

"Then there is no reason not to bury the village underneath these glaciers, along with every criminal. 

Leah's eyes glowed brightly. "You can not be serious!" she interjected. Ayiwah looked at her with a hint of disapproval. The Toa Maru also took a decided step forward, up to the desk. "You are talking about wiping out an entire village! That's not an option!"

"Buildings can be rebuilt. I fail to see why you won't consider the strategy. If done covertly you can accomplish it with only a fraction of the forces need for a direct offensive and limited risk to your people."

"Except everybody IN the village!" the Toa of water said, angrily. She had known the Commodore was a tough commanding officer, but the cold ruthlessness had taken her aback.

Ayiwah in the meantime didn't reply as things outside of the hut became suddenly tense. The commodore immediately focused on the fast succession of ideatalk messages they received. :Permission granted, intervene if you can. Avoid killing whoever's causing trouble if possible, but it's not a priority.:

Her head turned sharply towards Soraya. "Plangori Soraya, contrary to what you seem to believe, we are not mentally deaf. So I strongly suggest you secure that and get a move on yourself. Your getting het up is costing us time."

She looked back at Hanako. "Mylady, I must leave; I am afraid Sinshi and the others are in trouble. Remain here with your guards. I will return shortly." It wasn't an order, but another strong suggestion. She had to keep Hanako safe and right now being with the Akiri and Toa Maru was the most safe location aside from back aboard the Ryuu. 

A quick look signaled Soraya to head for the door as well. Keeping her mind sharp and ready to produce her psionic rapier in a split-second, Ayiwah followed the general directions she could deduce from the idea chatter still going on on the mental plane. Along the way, they met Arisaka and continued through the village.

-----------

Back in the hut, Leah looked from the open door to Hanako and then to Hahli. Her eyes said it all. 

Our guests do not mess around.

• Upvote 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Okay. You should have just said so."

Feeling confident in the moment, Toenga drew a few small sticks from his pack, along with some string and a few oddly-shaped objects.

"Come with me," he said as he set off towards a dock. "I was actually looking forward to eating at a diner or something - but Dessa just gave me an idea. Why should we have to pay for our food when we can get it for free? Assuming you both like fish..."

A thought suddenly popped into his head. I feel a great sense of... seniority. It's a feeling I haven't felt before... as if I've hit a major milestone in my life. Is this even canon?!?

OOC: 1,000th post, yay :D

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Arzaki, Ga-Koro

"I'm fine with fish. Dunno about Dessa, though."

OOC: Luyn, Ira, Zarkov, Fyura, Insidian, Krakant, and Maeloc from Ko-Wahi

IC: Maeloc had almost forgotten the sweltering heat of this Wahi. Granted, anything would feel hot after those days in the Ko-Koro Archives... he took off the Amulet of Ice, and briefly stared into the facets of the heartstone. It was an icy blue... complemented by the white and blue made from the original matoran's metallic tendons. Sturdy, given its age. Time to test that out...

"Alright, which of you skakdi wants to try this out? Since we're not in Ko-Wahi, I'm willing to dole it out, as I'm not in the middle of freezing my mask off."

Fyura enjoyed the weather compared to Ko-Wahi. It was... pleasant. Actually, it might be the most agreeable climate out of all six Wahis. Such climate bred many rahi. Where there were rahi, there were hunters and predators. She ignored Maeloc's request, since the amulet wasn't going to work for her anyway.

Aokora faced the bow and pointed, smiling widely. "We're nearing the island now!" She walked to the vessel's captain. "Take us around the coast of the island. Other way from Ga-Kini; pilgrims would have stumbled upon it by now."

The boat turned slowly, edging the island. Most of it was a coastal rock wall; cliffs all around, except for a beach on the northeast side. The cliffs were uneven, and pitted by erosion. Still, there was one hole bigger than the others... Aokora took out her spyglass, and peered through it.

"I think... take us closer to that cliff cave up there." Raising her voice to be heard by the others, she shouted: "Any of you have a quick way to reach that grotto up there?"

OOC: Mechanics time! I already have most of the stuff in mind, so I'll describe stuff. Mostly through a character I control, but on the occasions another character discovers something, I'll post when they discover it.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Zaara - Boat.

She sat up, still a little groggy from her restless sleep. "Have you got a rope or something that we could throw or shoot up there?" she tapped her Sanok, smiling smugly, "I won't miss, I promise."

Or at least, I'll try not to....

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Aokora scurried down to the hold, cracking open a box. "We got rope, we got grappling hooks! This isn't my first climb." She pulled out a length of rope, much longer than was necessary, and looped it around a grappling hook. Handing it to Zaara, she said, softly. "Don't hit it at the zenith of the entrance. If we need to bring stuff up, that's where we'll mount the pulley."

IC: Zaara - Boat.

"Okay..." she took the grappling hook and let the rope dangle a little from her hand. Standing up, she started to swing it around in a circle, getting accustomed to the weight, doing her best to adjust to the rocking motion of the boat without throwing up again. 

Three.... Zaara spotted an outcropping that looked like it would make a good spot to aim for.... 

Two.... she focused on it, letting her mask power become fully active.... 

One.... took a deep breath....

Throw.... and flung the hook. It arced through the air, the rope unraveling behind it. Time seemed to slow as the grapple made its flight, soaring upwards before curving down.....

....and biting into the rock, exactly where Zaara had aimed. She let out a sigh of relief and gave the rope a tug.

It held.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Jalkron

Jalkron closes his eyes, locating the part of the grappling hook that was in the rock.  Finding it, he causes metal tendrils to grow out of it, digging through the rock.  He opens his eyes and says, "That hook won't come out till you want it to.  As long as the rope holds we're good."  He jumps up and grabs the rope, putting his whole weight on it.  "Feels good to me.  Want me to head up?"

Edited by Vestak

OOC: Amnesiac Ga-Maotran
So I take it we are at the island based on Zaara throwing a line to the island itself...

IC: Looking around and noticing that her friend had gotten up from her nap and was now securing a hook with others to the side of the island. These Toa were quite skilled. Being only a small Matoran, she didn't know how much help she could be. That wasn't going to stop her however. "So who is going to climb up first?" Being smaller She could go up first, Being a sailor she could help rig a pulley system to bring up any heavy supplies.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

OOC: Sorry for the extremely long wait; I won't waste time with excuses.

-IC:-

Moana's mind struggled with her situation as it attempted to resist the offer of a temporary residence. She had done considerably less intelligent things with far less initial reserve; this wasn't even that bad of an offer. "Alright," she said after a few moments after the crew finished speaking. "I guess I could stay. Care to let me on the ship, so I can put this somewhere?" She gestured to the assortment of weapons and miscellaneous items attached to her pack.

IC: The Angler / The Southern Charm

"Gangplank's right over there," I said with a finger-point (making sure to use the hand with all of its fingers thankyouverymuch) and a smile, before leaning over to Wherya and asking, "The gangplank's still down, right?"

IC: Asa

They weren't following. Well, no matter. It would be better to find the others.

Who was with Sinshi with? ... Dakte... Mako...

.:Sinshi, Dakte, Mako; where are you?:.

Even as she asked over Ideatalk, she began searching on her own using her limited Willhammer abilities. "If only Soraph was here..."

IC: Daijuno / Ga-Koro

"'Taka, where could they be?" I said between gasps of breath as I finally caught up with Asa's looooooong strides. "Are you getting any sign of their location?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Daijuno / Ga-Koro

"Then we'll just have to keep moving until we can get a stronger lead," I said, following Asa through the streets (a Dasaka like her clears a bigger swathe through the crowds than little old me). "And we'd better pray to Zuto that they're all right by the time we find them."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Aokora tugged at the rope. "I'll go up first. Jalkron, you follow. Um, nameless... you can start rigging up a pulley system, we'll need it if this is anything."

Aokora scurried up the rope, bracing herself against the cliff wall. Once she was about twenty bios up, she poked her head above the cave's floor. No rahi or anything but what was there was perhaps more disturbing. The ga-matoran pulled herself up, looking over the scene laid before her.

There was a dessicated ga-matoran corpse, judging by the color that was still with it. It lay underneath a pile of rocks... but it didn't look crushed. Looking closely, Aokora saw that there was a crawlspace large enough for a matoran under the rocks. There wasn't much room out in the cave, but there were plenty of old crates. Moss and decay had taken most of them, so she didn't bother checking them. She could see that the matoran's mask had broken; a probably explanation for her death.

"Well, something's up here," she shouted back down. "An old smuggling hideaway?" she quietly mused to herself.

OOC: Amnesiac Ga-Matoran

IC: Giving a quick sailor salute the Ga-Matoran traveled to the hold where she found the needed items to construct a pulley system that would be able to lift a large Rahi with the slightest of ease. She hoisted the gear over her shoulder before walked back up tot he deck. There where she seen Aokora had already made the trip up and was yelling down to them. As Jalkron was suggested to be the second to scale the wall she got to work on the gear and weight system for the pulley.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC: Krakant

Krakant looked around as the other Skakdi shuffled around nervously and muttered to themselves. He sighed and shook his head.

"Fine", he said. "Give it here", he said, holding out his hand.

Then, as Maeloc was giving the crystal to him he suddenly closed his hand and pointed a finger at him.

"However, if this thing nearly kills me, I have first dibs on the relics there, no objections. However, if anyone who wants to get the relics comes after me is another matter", he said, re-opening his hand.

Jalkron scaled the wall easily.  He looked around, coming to the same conclusion as Aokora.  When he saw the Ga-matoran he knelt down and used his powers to put her mask back together, then covered her in a cocoon of metal.  "Nobody else should see that."  After another moment, he said, "We must proceed with extreme caution.  If this place is what I think it is, there could be traps.  Guards seem unlikely, but who knows."

Edited by Vestak

IC: Zaara - Cave.

The Su-Toa climbed up next, hauling herself up the rope and onto the ledge next to the others. 

IC: "Well, I can tell you've never been on an archeological dig. Body must be hundred of years old, we're lucky its still here with all the moisture in the air." Aokora dragged the cocoon (more of a metal bag with metal parts in it now) out of the way of the hole. As the others pulled themselves onto the ledge, she crouched, peering into the crawlway. It extended a fair bit, past where she could see. Something caught her attention, though: three scrabbled letters on the rock.

:a: :r: :t:

"Art?" the archeologist asked quizzically, to nobody in particular.

Maeloc handed the amulet to Krakant. It was cool to the touch; much more noticeable here than it would be in Ko-Wahi.

"It took an hour for me to gain any effects from it. If there is a side effect, you'll notice it at about the same time we hit Ga-Koro."

The archivist looked at the rest of the company. "Speaking of which, we need a plan. A cover story for why an Onu-Turaga, several toa, and a load of skakdi are travelling together. Merchant's guard doesn't really work, given that I have nothing to sell or buy with."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

OOC: Amnesiac Ga-Matoran

IC: The Amnesiac Ga-Matoran had finished her pulley system just in time to see both Jalkron and her friend Zaara scale the wall easy enough. Looking around she seen just what she needed to secure the bottom end of the pulley to the boat. Once it was secure she hoisted the other end over her shoulder and proceeded to climb up the rope to the cave above. She struggled a bit but with great effort and enough time she placed her hand on the level of the cave entrance. Pulling herself up the last stretch of the ledge. Falling on her back she was panting heavily. "That... was... harder than... it... *pant* looked."

Getting to her feet she took the pulley from around her shoulder and placed it on the ground in front of everyone. "Here it is, as requested. We just have to secure this part to the roof of the cave and anchor this part below it on the floor and then pull it tight." Looking up she realized she was a bit short to reach the ceiling and would not be able to di it herself. "Would one of you Toa be willing to secure this end to the cave up there." She pointed to an ideal spot overhead that would give the pulley ample clearance to work effectively.

Onua.png

IC: Aine and Shu - Ship/Cave

Aine grabbed the rope, pulling herself up to the cave while Shu stayed on the boat to make sure she didn't fall. She turned around, looking back down at him as she smiled.

"Come on, Lazy-Bones! What's the matter? You afraid of heights?"

The Le-Toa grabbed onto a pulley attached to one of the masts, kicking the crank that operated it before zooming up towards the crow's nest. He then took a flying leap off of the ship, aided by his elemental powers of course, before sailing towards the cave entrance and rolling into a standing position a few feet in front of her.

"No, just of you slowing me down," he responded cooly as he proceeded to examine the interior.

"Show off," the Cy-Lesterin said, rolling her eyes as she followed him deeper inside.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Zaara - Cave. 

She created a bubbling ball of plasma in her hand and held it up as a light source. "Where to from here?" 

OOC: Just for the heck of it, I'm gunna make Arzaki be really bad at fishing but be too stubborn to get a better tool.

"Bah, I don't need a pole. I can use my swords. Can't be too hard, right?"

5 minutes later....

"WHY CAN'T I CATCH ANYTHING?!"

Jalkron took the pulley and held it against the ceiling in the place the Ga-matoran had pointed to, securing it the same way he had with the hook earlier.  "Really?  You seem like the kind of girl who would have been on dozens of archaeological digs."  He walked over, peering through the opening next to her.  He activates his Arthron, attempting to see down the tunnel.

IC: The tunnel continued straight for about four bios, then opens into a round room. No further information can be discerned.

Aokora continued to peer down the dark crawlway. "Bring up the crate of lightstones first. I'm going to crawl in there. Somebody start figuring out a way to open this up."

The archeologist dug around in her pack, and pulled out a lightstone. She uncapped it, and crawled forward. "I'll let you know when I'm through!"