BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Oceanna Gallywix

The music stopped. Oceanna's eye twitched. 

"Well...well...that was low. Now I think...it's time for you...to GO!" She brandished her heavy, solid, protosteel guitar like hammer and swung at Volin's head. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Oceanna Gallywix

"###### yeah I'm crazy!" She raised her guitar above her head, prepared to bring it down. 

"Crazy...lazy? Kind of...hazy?" In her rage she had forgotten how thirsty and dehydrated she had felt. The world seemed to be growing darker...or was that the blindfold? 

"I'll...get you back...sap..." The guitar fell out of her hand, landing with a thud on the sand. "...after I take a...nap..." She soon followed her guitar. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Peho looked back, and three ideas sprung to mind:

> "Oh God, Guitar Girl's dead!"

>> "Oh God, did Volin kill her?"

>>> "Oh God, what the frick do I do now?"

He decided to do what he thought his good friend Aronis Ril would do!

And when he said that, he meant Aronis Ril the Policeman, not Aronis Ril the Alcoholic.

Activating his mask, he zoomed back over to the rest of the group, immediately kneeling in the sand so that he could put two fingers against her throat.

babum

babum

"I think she's still alive," Peho announced, almost ready to sob in relief. "But we need to get her to the Koro."

With that said, he lifted her up and slung her over his shoulder.

Because when he said that they needed to get her to the Koro, he -- and this was him quoting Ril the Alcoholic -- ###### meant they needed to get her to the Koro.

"Unless anyone else has a better idea," the mighty Toa said, his voice becoming harder and touched with steel, "I'm flying her over. I'll meet you at the hospital."

-Void

• Upvote 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Arvas

Now, Arvas may have been an uncaring merc by trade, but he had signed up for this voluntarily, and if they were gonna fight Rahkshi eventually, they needed everyone they could get. Including Oceanna.

Besides, leaving someone in the desert just wasnt something you did!

"Why don't we leave you behind, Volin? Seeing as you don't seem to care about anyone else, what would it matter?"

He snarled, picking up the guitar, slinging it over his shoulder and following after Peho and Savfina.

Wait.

Hold on.

Was he caring about people here?

He barely even knew them!

Edited by SnowyAegis
  • Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC - Ilyin:

"What an astounding display," I said, after watching as Oceanna and Volin went at it for a while, Oceanna ultimately collapsing. "But I'm afraid she just might make you pay. Volin, tell me, do you feel achieved? Because none of the rest of us feel particularly relieved. You've just cost us one of our number and our time, all because you had to make one bad rhyme."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Volin

"You didn't really think I was serious, did y-?" Volin asked, but he was cut short by the Fe-Matoran's ridiculous accusation. They'd never really spoken, but Volin's impression currently bordered along condescending snob. 

Is he really blaming me for her passing out?

Volin sighed. He wasn't even going to argue with this guy.

"No, I guess not." he said flatly. "If you're looking for an apology from me, you're not getting it. Oceanna though..."

He trailed off. The thought made him uncomfortable, leaving a sour taste in his mouth. She did deserve it however.

"We'll see about that. Drill away, kind sir."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Rannin

[

ゴゴ

ゴゴ

TL: MENACING

"Could we stop yammering and instead start moving?" asked Rannin tiredly. "Peho, go now. Get her there quickly and safely."

There was an edge to his low rumble of a voice. He was evidently annoyed by the mess they had all found themselves in, and really all he wanted to do was to arrive at Po-koro.

IC: Stronin

"Neither am I, but anyway, you ready to go?"

• Upvote 1

IC:

Peho wasn't about to argue there.

He nodded curtly to Rannin before activating his Kadin and streaking into the sky.

Fortunately for everyone, the Po-Koro Hospital was used to patients suffering from dehydration and sunstroke, so the nice doctors and nurses there had fixed Oceanna right up -- they tried explaining how exactly to Peho, but they liked using complicated words, so all he could really do was smile and nod and thank them again -- and set her up in a bed in the main wing. They even gave Peho a chair so that he could sit next to her!

The massive Toa was starting to like this hospital!

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

"Well that was fun, eh Kreff?" I remarked as I opened the door to my workshop and finally could assess that nothing had blown up in my absence (which I of course didn't expect it to have the audacity to in the first place, I do the exploding around here).

Kreff didn't respond, he was too occupied with hauling the big crate to the back of the shop so he could get some rest.

"Yeah, me too. For once I could use some me-time" I remarked.

"I just need to find the right hat..." I mumbled as I looked through a collection of said article of clothing. I had hats on hand for when I slept in a seated position, so I could pull them down over my face and look all relaxed and folksy, pardner.

Donning a straw hat, I leaned back behind my desk and started snoozing, Kreff did the same.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Kehua):

Forsi. Probably one of the most remote settlements of the whole island and yet the easiest to get to thanks to some good old Matoran engineering. The tracks of the Iron Mahi cut from it's center right through the desert to Po-Koro.

Kehua however had not taken the train but instead choosen to follow the coastline from Ga-Wahi north until Mata-Nui curved east and he was forced to cut through the desert. The trek had taken its toll: Sand and dust covered his figure and the usually black armored Yoa was now more tan than anything else.

With big, heavy steps, Kehua entered the frontier village.

OOC: Open for interaction.

OOC: Not much happening in this post. Felt like writing an idle, 'once upon a time in the west' type post. Just to set the mood a bit, listen here: 

IC (Kehua):

Kehua's heavy neck muscles strained as his head rolled on his shoulders, upper vertebrae cracking slightly as it did. The sun beat down hard upon his large frame and the hood concealing his facial features came in most handy, as it provided a small, protective amount of shadow over his eyes, sparing him the discomfort of the midday-sun stinging in his eyes. That only left the heat it created, but that was more than enough to make most visitors find a cool spot away from the sun, kick back and rest. And quite a few did. Kehua saw two Po-Matoran, resting against the wall of a nearby hut. They were obviously natives, judging by the uncaring manner that they lay exposed in the sun. Forsi really was a village solely defined by its strategic position on the map of Mata-Nui. The settlement was mostly spartan in appearance and only those establishments that were absolutely needed had been built here: A crude inn for travelers, who were mostly messengers passing through in order to get to one of the other villages, a shipping office, several huts serving as warehouses and others that housed the Po-Matoran that kept the coastal outpost up and running. The primary features however were the piers making up the small harbour connecting Forsi to the rest of the island by sea - and then there was the main-reason for the towns existence: the station for the Iron Mahi he stood in.

The train had arrived not long ago and the noise it had made as it approached could be heard for miles in this desert before it even reached the station. Kehua had made his way there as soon as he had heard the sound and was now standing calmly on the platform by himself. A few people had gotten off the train as it arrived, but it had been barely a hand full. Mostly the train had delivered supplies, which the local Matoran had unloaded, before returning to their daily routines or getting a well-deserved siesta like the two villagers nearby. Meanwhile, the dark Toa stood, watched and waited. Forsi was just a stop on the way over to Po-Koro, where he hoped to continue his mission, or - if he was lucky - might meet his team-mates again after many weeks spent apart, either trying to further their cause on their own or to find their lost team-member, Taipu. The Toa had gone missing shortly after their arrival on the island after an encounter with some monsters near Kini-Nui while out with Tupua. He was sure his brother wasn't dead, they had all survived worse, but they also had gotten sidetracked and bogged down in personal squabbles and meaningless sidequests along the way. Things needed to change.

Kehua breathed deeply in and out and after a few minutes, he noticed that his rhythm matched that of the Iron Mahi, the metallic, engineered behemoth resting on the track, letting out deep huffs over a constant, soft hissing noise. According to what the workers had said as they had unloaded the train, it would be leaving within the day again. 

So Kehua continued to stand, and wait.

OOC. Kehua open for interaction. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: interacting with Rahkshi Hunters (first post, here we go!)

IC: Lureq

It wasn't often that you found groups just wandering around in the desert, but a woefully unprepared gathering appeared to be doing just that. Lureq watched, hidden by the power of her Volitak. She scampered around behind them for a time, sizing them up, before sidling up so she was a small way in front of them-- close enough for a conversation but not close enough to risk herself should things turn out less than congenial. Lureq liked to account for every possibility.

She switched off the power of her mask, appearing before the group, arms folded.

"My, my, my... Now what are you all doing way out here?" She purred, head tipped.

Similarly, it wasn't every day some lady just appeared in front of you, arms folded. Arvas, caught off-guard, came to a halt, almost dropping Oceanna's guitar. It was Protosteel, wasn't it? It would've been fine if he had.

"Could ask the same of you, stranger."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Savfina

Opening her mouth to reply to Peho's inquiry before quickly closing it again following the ruckus behind her, she shook her head in exasperation at youth just being youth and had the Exo-Matoran keep trundling on as they made their way into town.

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Jokaro

Approaching the workshop, he noticed Ussal tracks in the street leading up to the workshop door - they hadn't been there before. Maybe someone was home.

He knocked.

Edited by Perplexed

The Fe-Toa nearly dropped his guitar in his surprise, and Lureq chuckled. She flipped her hand dismissively at his question, glancing away as though to demonstrate her total lack of interest in that line of enquiry.

"I asked first, dearie! I mean, a gaggle of people, out in the desert, but obviously as unprepared as can be! How could such an event have transpired, hm? What are you hoping to accomplish out here?"

OOC:Perplexed, Arvas is holding Oceanna's guitar.

Arvas grumbled. "Well, we were meant to go to Ta-Wahi, but Illyin back there took us down the wrong path." He pointed to the bulky black mech up ahead.

"And Savfina's mech is about to become dead weight, so we're headed to some expo or something at Po-Koro to get it charged up." He paused.

"Also our friends are there."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

"Ufufufufu... Me oh my, what a predicament! Well, best put a spring in your step before the juice runs out, hm? Heehee! That's some mistake, winding up out here on your way to Ta-Wahi! I think I'd best stay close by, lest you get lost again!" Lureq clapped her hands together as though the matter was settled.

"I am called Lureq. Who are you and your group?" She asked the Fe-Toa with a slow blink.

Arvas blinked.

"Well, if you insist, but I'm not the one in charge. That's...either Peho or Oceanna." He looked up ahead, Po-Koro in the distance.

"I'm Arvas. Those back there are Volin, Illyin and Rannin. The lady in the robot is Savfina." He sighed.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: Syvra and Co. Location: Remains of Blackrock Fortress

It was done. After so much strife and countless setbacks Blackrock had fallen, reduced to a fraction of it's former glory. That's not to say the assault on it was a walk in the park, oh it was far from that. Demos had lead the assault in a way, managing to take out two of the three guards stationed outside the actual fortress using his stealth tactics of which he is well known for. The third guard stood little chance against the combined efforts of Demos, Syvra and Seren.

Once inside the ensuing battle was interesting to say the least. Due to Blackrock being a rather solid structure Seren and Syvra lacked a direct access to either of their elements, which meant a good portion of the fight would rely on raw combat prowess versus elemental efficiency. That's not to say they couldn't just create bits of their element, but that is always more time consuming than when you have readily available sources. Seren and Syvra took the rear while Demos went ahead to scout out the enemies. It didn't take long for the group to attract the attention of what few stragglers there were. Given the Brotherhoods attack on Ko-koro only four days earlier, much of the forces had moved that way, with only a few left to guard the Fortress. Afterall you don't put all your eggs in one basket should those eggs fail to overthrow Ko-koro. 

The battles were ferocious, with both sides seeing their share of traded blows, but it was due to the prior planning of Syvra and Demos that ensured the small squadron's success. While Demos had been scouting, Syvra went to work setting 'traps' in advantageous locations. These traps consisted of Syvra's patented puffballs, which upon impact release a cloud of tiny spores that cause a coughing fit, which also leads to the eyes to tear up. While simple in their creation they are effective for ambushes. These traps allowed the group to gain the upperhand early on in the fight, taking several of the guards by surprise. The rest of the fight was left to pure skill on both sides. Syvra was unable to fight to the fullest of his ability as he was still getting used to the prosthetic foot, which lead to several good attacks on his person, though with some quick action by Demos and Seren he was luckily not overwhelmed. 

In the end the group stood victorious, with the entirety of the fortress being cleared out, and the death toll standing at about seven, eight if you wish to include the 'zombie' which was still alive, but merely a head at the moment. After a moment's respite the group went to work on the final task of the mission, the destruction of Blackrock Fortress. All those years ago when the Ga-Koro Marines and Po-Koro Sentinels launched a joint attack on Blackrock, they had made the mistake of leaving Blackrock partially whole, which allowed the Brotherhood to manage to rebuild it later on without much difficulty. Syvra did not intend to make the same mistake. The group worked on placing Madu Cabolo, which were easy enough for Syvra to create, throughout the fortress. During this preparation Syvra had managed to find a few of the Purple Lighstones the Brotherhood so coveted, so he grabbed a few of the specimens for himself, for study of course.

Once the 'explosives' were set, the group exited Blackrock and retreated to a safe distance. From this cover one could see a lonely Madu Cabolo sitting atop the fortress, with seemingly no purpose. On Syvra's cue, Demos fired a concentrated soundwave towards the Madu Cabolo, which upon impact set it off. This created a glorious chain reaction, for each level of the fortress had Madu Cabolo littered throughout, and when the rubble from the floor above came crashing down it would hit the Madu below causing them to explode and send rubble below, thus creating an effective domino effect. Not quite as effective as Stralix powder would have been, but it did the job.

The group watched on as Blackrock collapsed before their weary eyes, practically imploding upon itself. Of course the smell that accompanied the explosions sort of ruined the moment, but at least no one would have to worry about Kane-ra for sometime. Syvra glanced over at the two toa he had been assigned; One a serial killer, the other a ussalman assigned to watch the two. Even despite the differences between the three, they could share in this moment of triumph.

Edited by Voxumo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Ilyin, Desert):

"I'm not sure why you say 'unprepared' when I've got more than enough water and supplies in general to last me long enough to find civilization wherever I am. Nor why you've been sneaking around us as though you're perfectly hidden when it's the middle of the day and your mask still leaves a shadow," I said to this random, unannounced, and (at least in my opinion) unwelcome newcomer. I didn't start forming this group just for us to get more and more people everywhere we went, darnit, because that would cut into my profits more and more. I also don't understand that idea of Peho or Oceanna being in charge, because those two definitely don't have any leadership abilities.

Not that I really do either. I'm often relatively quiet and don't do much because my writer doesn't always remember me.

"Arvas, don't go spreading information about us around to random sun-baked Toa. Could prove dangerous, you know."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

"Ufufufufu... Any group that has a member pass out from heat and dehydration is, by definition, unprepared! Perrrrhaps you personally are prepared for this eventuality... But your group sure isn't." Lureq tapped at her mouth, head tipping back and forth once again. "And maybe I was deciding whether or not to allow you to alight your gaze upon me, hm? I do not afford everyone that privilege!" The Toa placed her hand upon her chest.

"Kukukuku... I kid, of course. I'm just skittish! I like to keep as hidden as is possible until I work up my courage... Even if the shadow is unavoidable!" She chuckled behind her hand. "You'd be surprised how many people don't notice it!"

"But sun-baked? How rude! Goodness gracious, what a thing to say! I am but a friendly passer-by, keeping a watchful eye out! But I understand suspicion-- I will not hold it against you. If you trust not my words, then my actions will prove I mean no harm!"

Arvas shrugged and looked at Illyin. "I'm not usually payed enough to care." Was all he said, before turning back to the newcomer.

"Personally, heat doesn't bother me and Po isn't far."

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: Jokaro

Approaching the workshop, he noticed Ussal tracks in the street leading up to the workshop door - they hadn't been there before. Maybe someone was home.

He knocked.

IC: Farzan (Farzan's Workshop)

"What in tarnation's rappin' at my door" came a muffled voice from inside the building, "gimme a reason or skedaddle forthwith, um... knave"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Volin

"Arvas, I admire your genius, truly. Giving out our names and information to creepy invisible stalkers in the middle of the desert?"

Volin rolled his eyes, briefly shaking his head.

"Never would've thought of that."

He looked back at the stranger with a scowl, a disapproving curl forming on his lips. How annoying, he thought to himself. Were they really going to let her tag along?

"Well, you already know a bit about us. You might as well repay the favour now that you're, err...sticking around. If not, get lost."

IC: Stronin

"Right then," said the Toa of Iron firmly, clapping his hands together. "Off we go!"

Vuth nodded. "I don't know about you, but I'm going back the way we came. Boat rides aren't my idea of fun."

He put one foot in front of the other, and pretty soon he'd be walking out the door of the Koro.

OOC: A cookie to whomever knows that song.

OOC: Gimme my cookie

IC: Daltrahk

Goodness, Skakdi weren't designed for this heat. He sat there, boiling in the sun, waiting for the group to arrive out of that ruddy pile of rock.

He finally decided to head in the entrance, just a little, to give him shade. Why did he ever come to Po?

OOC:

Will be gone 'till next Monday; last (and first) IC post for a while. :P

IC:

Minor(?) things were happening with the temple quest.

Rhea
and her ever-present bodyguard were still involved, if not dramatically so (yet).

The Toa of Plasma blinked occasionally as said minor(?) things happened. Instinctively and efficiently moistening her eyeballs. The desert sure was a dry place, even underground. Cool and dry and dark. A bit of dust, but not bad.

Edited by Shadowhawk