BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded, setting his now-empty plate aside.

"I'd say it's our clearest lead," he said. "We haven't really got much else to go on. From what I can tell, he seems to operate out of somewhere in Ko-Wahi, but well..."

The Toa of Fire shrugged.

"...that's Ko-Wahi. And it's likely not on the surface, either. No; best to stick to the freshest trail."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"It's not," I confirm, standing a short distance from the others. "On the surface."

My stance is timid, my speech quiet hesitant. Head held low. My body language says what it needs to - little confidence. I don't introduce myself. I was able to walk up practically unnoticed, but I can't allow my entry to give me the appearance of a threat. I am harmless and I am scared. Not a particularly difficult act to keep up, in light of recent events. Merror has companions - a Matoran and a Toa. I don't know the Matoran, but the Toa is a member of the team. Not sure on the name. I should remember that, too. It's stress. Maybe a little sleep deprivation. Everyone gets jumpy when they're tired.

OOC: yay aerus is back w00t

Edited by slawth

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC:

"You, Momma Daring, and half the goddamn A-Team all on one cruise? Did the rest of the world end while I was stranded on that craphole ferry?" I fished a cigarette out of my back pocket and struck Joske's lighter around my neck. Skyra was still blushing, and Krayn's face was unreadable, but I had been a mercenary long enough to know when I was getting the 'I'm going to put a dagger in you' evil eye, and Skyra's mother was aiming that hawk's gaze at me hella hard. The longer I stood here, the more I risked Tuara and Cael coming down on me - or more visitors. "Alright. Alright. I'm gonna go and get the rest of the gang. Boat's gonna be a bit tighter a fit than I expected, but we should all make it. Unless anyone wants to help me throw Utu over the prow? Negatori? . Worth a try."

I can only guess what Cael was thinking when I brought back a Marine cutter with five other occupants, half of whom wore military attire and one who was nearly as big as Utu with a much brighter disposition. Onuzek yelled something about "FRIEND TUARA" when we approached the rest of Joske's old outfit, and Skyra waved sunnily at her before she saw Praggos and Utu, but Cipher largely sat to himself and brooded about how close he was to Ga-Koro for a change. I stepped off the boat and landed with a flourish on the craggy ground. Skyra landed behind me, and I could feel the doctor's eyes slant from me to her and back to me. Skyra tried not to blush again.

"Brought some old teammates, Doc. They're all good in a fight, half of them are good with air pockets, and they have all their shots and everything. Pleaaase, can I keep them?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: So close!

Did that little dick lie to me about the ferry being for Ga-Wahi?

Wouldn't be the first time, he reminded himself. In any case, it was just good that he wasn't on a job right now. He could afford a detour, he guessed.

Well, not like he had a choice anyway...

He allowed himself a few more seconds before rising and lightening himself up. Put your best foot forward and all. Stepping onto the balcony, he gave a brief lookover to the group they were meeting up with before following the trend and dropping down himself. 

"I dunno," he muttered. "I'm pretty sure I got my immunizations the old-fashioned way."

Haha, it's good to be able to laugh at yourself.

As a myriad of steely gazes flicked his way, he responded with a calm look and a wave. Might as well go with the flow, wasn't like he knew anyone besides the prettyboy grandstanding.

helo frens

IC: Komae/Beosach

Komae frowned.  "Pala-Koro?" There's only supposed to be six.  Don't tell me this is another Xa-

Behind him, Beosach slapped his forehead.  "Pala-Koro, that's right! I thought this place was rubble, but guess someone got the idea to rebuild it."

"Oh?" Komae asked.  "What was it built for in the first place?"

"Search me.  Never visited while it was still kicking.  Does it really matter now?"

"It might."

Beosach rolled his eyes.  "Well, we can discuss the finer points of Pala-Koro history after we get something to eat."  He turned back to the Toa standing there.  "Look, truth be told, I dunno what this place is, but Pala-Koro seems like a good bet.  My partner and I just got done being shipwrecked, so we're about to make tracks for the nearest inn."

"There's no need to be in such a hurry, Beosa- ow!"

"We're going right now, but if you'd like to accompany us, miss...?"

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Alfon

"Right now? Surviving you." I replied, sparing only a quick glance to the Toa. Seemed like an odd question to be asking, considering the purpose of this arena being so obvious, but if this guy wanted to get to know each other before we started throwing punches, then so be it. For the time being however, I was busy looking at the various weapons presented to me, an ugly batch of sharp objects and blunt tools that belonged in the trash. I needed something light and versatile, a sharp blade ideally, so after a moment of examination, I settled on a gladius flecked with signs of wear and rust. 

"I'm not a volunteer, if that's what you're asking."

By this point, the surprise factor of everything had worn off. I kinda just accepted that yeah, life dealt me a pretty ##### hand, and I had to deal with it. That's not to say I was cool with it though.

If anything, I was just about ready to lose it.

Still, couldn't do that. Not yet, anyway. This guy looked like he'd be mean in a fight and if this was one of those cliché fight-to-the-death tournaments, I needed to keep a cool head. Awkwardly, I balanced the sword in my hand and looked at my opponent.

"So uh...we really doing this?"

IC: Skyra

I was quite happy to see Tuara and Cael, more friendly faces that I could always get to know better. Praggos and Utu...well I figured the best thing I could do is avoid talking to them entirely. I was still having trouble looking at Dorian without blushing, and mom was looking at Dorian like she was going to kill him. Krayn was probably trying to figure out what was happening, felt a little bad for dragging him into...whatever it was I'd just dragged him into. Still wasn't sure what it was we were diving for really. 

As for the unfamiliar face, this Toa named Cipher, I had never met. I knew nothing about him other than the fact that he was acquainted with Dorian, take that as you will. It was getting a bit awkward with everyone else so I decided to approach him. 

"Hey, I'm Skyra." 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: "Cipher. Nice to meet you, Skyra." he responded in a friendly manner. 

Totally either embarrassed to all karz about something, or can't handle the Dor.

Or both, he conceded, after a moment's thought.

He was half-tempted to prod her about it, but was also thankfully too smart to forget how bad an idea that'd be. Especially since nobody knew him. It's never smart to bug people you don't know. Just keep doing what you've been doing, Ciph. Stay cool.

"I take it everyone else knows eachother." he observed, glancing around and more than aware of the general atmosphere. "Since it looks like I'm the one out of the loop, you mind filling me in on what's goin' on here?" he asked with a rueful, "I'm way too used to asking this" sort of grin.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

He seemed like a nice enough guy, his question however was gonna be difficult to answer, since I wasn't entirely sure what was going on myself. 

"Yeah, we all know each other more or less." Wasn't that the truth? "Basically me and my friends ran into Dorian and his party by coincidence and now we're gonna squeeze onto this ferry to go diving in the ruins." I shrugged. 

"No idea what we're looking for." 

IC: He frowned momentarily.

So was it supposed to go to Ga-Wahi?

He couldn't help himself. It was going to bug him for the rest of this trip. He could tell. The best he could do was to shove that concern to the back of his mind for now.

"Well, as long as I've got a little context, that makes things a lot less unclear. Thank you." he said with a nod, before looking around at the rest of the assembled groups.

"Definitely gonna be a bit of a squeeze, though."

helo frens

"Beosach," the mapmaker replied.

"Komae Jishin," added his friend.  "It's an honor to meet you, Toa Arden."

"Since when do you go tacking your last name onto everything?"

Komae's smile was serene.  "Since an honored Toa asked me."

Beosach rolled his eyes again and shot Arden a look that hopefully conveyed just go along with it.  "Okay.  Food.  I'm guessing that's an inn over there, so let's get going before my legs give out.  You coming?"

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC:

"Pity," she said "Seeing all of these butlers around here had me thinking about getting one of my own. But anyway; now that that's over with, let's get back to doing whatever it was we were doing before all this."

She turned to face the resident Le-Toa. "Greed, dear, what were doing again?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Beosach half-grunted, half-growled.  "Look, sorry to be rude about all this, but I wasn't joking when I said we just got done being shipwrecked.  Right now, basic food and water takes priority over funny-sounding Toa titles."

Komae, meanwhile, just grinned and waved his hand dismissively.  "Oh, I just didn't want to impose.  I'm sure you have a reason for such an-" and here, for just an instant, his eyes flashed - "improper element.  But who am I to dig into the affairs of Toa?

"Still," he went on, "if you insist, we can have a nice long chat about it over dinner."  The grin widened.  "Oh, actually, on that note, we're a bit low on money and, well, everything at the moment.  I realize I've done nothing to earn it, but if it turns out the proprietor here won't take pity on us, and we can't pay the bill through trading or working - I'd be truly thankful if you could pick up the tab for a few bites for us.  We really are in bad shape, after all.  I realize it's not the usual way for a Toa to guard a Matoran, but - these days you've got to make do, don't you agree?"

"Komae, tell me that wasn't your idea of a hard sell."

Edited by GSR

IC: "I don't." he responded bluntly, glancing around. "Makes everything hard to keep track of."

Except, of course...

"Only feels right when you're fighting."

Not everything was rational. Came with the territory of emotions. While he felt a bit uneased in the hubbub of a city, during a fight or a hunt, the commotion felt natural, almost welcome.

Perhaps you could just chalk it up to small reference pools.

helo frens

IC: Dehkaz

Dehkaz glanced up ahead, Le-Koro slowly coming into view through the trees ahead, the Village of Air's platforms illuminated by the dappled light form the midday suns.  He gave a shrug, though not one that dismissed the question.  

"I'll probably have to head over to Po-Koro after checking in with the Force here, otherwise, I don't believe I have anything else to do," He replied as they trudged through the undergrowth.

"That is, of course, if the monster known only to a few doesn't decide to eat my free time."

"The one known as... paperwork."

Beosach half-grunted, half-growled.  "Look, sorry to be rude about all this, but I wasn't joking when I said we just got done being shipwrecked.  Right now, basic food and water takes priority over funny-sounding Toa titles."

Komae, meanwhile, just grinned and waved his hand dismissively.  "Oh, I just didn't want to impose.  I'm sure you have a reason for such an-" and here, for just an instant, his eyes flashed - "improper element.  But who am I to dig into the affairs of Toa?

"Still," he went on, "if you insist, we can have a nice long chat about it over dinner."  The grin widened.  "Oh, actually, on that note, we're a bit low on money and, well, everything at the moment.  I realize I've done nothing to earn it, but if it turns out the proprietor here won't take pity on us, and we can't pay the bill through trading or working - I'd be truly thankful if you could pick up the tab for a few bites for us.  We really are in bad shape, after all.  I realize it's not the usual way for a Toa to guard a Matoran, but - these days you've got to make do, don't you agree?"

"Komae, tell me that wasn't your idea of a hard sell."

Ic:

"Well, we aught to speak with the owners then, shouldn't we?" Arden said, glancing at the gate.

"And don't worry. I may be technically on leave, but that doesn't mean I won't help you guys out."

Wow Arden. Who knew you were such a Samaritan?

IC: Kythera

"I wouldn't really worry about that," a bored, obviously female, voice sounded off to the side of the trio.  Kythera was leaning against the wall, her grey armor reflecting a surprisingly small amount of the jungle's green light.  "The economy's pretty bust here, Le-Koro's gone and drove our prices to nonexistence, though we've still got killer fruit salads."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Cael)

Instead of returning with a boat, Dorian came over the hill with a small crowd in tow. Cael recognized a few of the new arrivals, one of them being Skyra Daring, who'd helped bring the scattered remnants of their company back to Le-Koro after the showdown with Echelon. She greeted the Le-Toa warmly, and went about learning the names of the others.

After introductions had been made, she managed to maneuver herself next to Dor. "So, are they helping us get to the temple?"

IC:

"'Course they did. I brought them back, didn't I? You know I hate dead weight. I've tried to kill Skyra and Krayn enough times to know how good they are with their element - between you three, we'll be able to reach the bottom with enough fresh air for everyone who goes down. If the way Skyra's mom was fondling those daggers while her daughter made eyes at me was any proof, she's a decent fighter. Same with Cipher - we once fought off a raving, bloodthirsty Valkyr from some long-forgotten dimension together, and he laughed about it until her flunky shot him in the leg. Then he kept fighting like everything was aces." I looked back at the rest of the assorted team, already filtering onto the boat, and the two biggest Toa of all. "And Onuzek...Onuzek's one big motherer."

I flipped my gaze back on Cael and smiled wolfishly at the look my bestie gave me. "I do declare, Doctah, for such a proper, mild-mannered lady of such high repute, you do seem mighty intent on despoiling me and my decisions lately. If I've displeased m'lady in any manner, well, gee willy, I'd like to offer you an apology and a half. I'll seal it with a kiss if you want."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: He only had a shrug to offer, an annoyed grimace making it's way onto his face. 

"I don't know. In battle it feels like it's to be expected. In a city, I don't know what to expect. Everyone's perfectly clear about their intentions when they're fighting. Somewhere like Ta-Koro, it could be anything. They could be walking past on their way to work, or walking up to you to try and mug you." he said, mind working it's way into something resembling rationalization the more his mouth kept going.

Made sense to him, at least.

He turned his head over to look directly at the two for the first time, scrutinizing them as if waiting for some sign of their response to show before they spoke.

Somewhere in the back of his head, he realized his voice was, for the first time in ages, actually starting to warm up from a morning-esque croak to a natural-sounding smoothness, deep and somber.

These people had gotten him talkative. Who'd have guessed?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Wait. Didn't I end up just being a distraction?

He's talking, roll with it.

Thankfully, that momentary bit of confusion hadn't shown on his face, and he nodded, smiling at some of the more incredulous looks sent his way wolfishly.

After all, wasn't completely wrong. There was fighting and shooting and laughing involved.

"Oh, we're diving. That'll be interesting." he said, injecting just a mild note of apprehension in his voice.

If nothing else, he hoped Dor'd understand his concern with that particular activity.

Lost underwater with a limited air supply and no way out...

Scary.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

I could sense Cipher's uneasiness about the diving, so I decided to reassure him. "Don't worry, we'll make sure no one drowns." 

I decided it would be a bad time to mention I'd never dived in my life. How hard could it be anyway right? Hahahahhahaha....yeah.

Toa Tukeli
Currently: heading towards Pala-Koro
Interacting With: n/a
Mood: emotionless 

IC: The whirrr of a Gukko's wings drifted from Lake Pala.  The rahi's muddy brown and silver form darted across the water's surface, gazing restlessly down at the waves just inches below.  His violet eyes narrowed in determination, it wasn't clear what he was doing, or why he had strayed away from the more familiar jungles nearby.  That is, until a sudden wave of water hurled up in the air towards him.  But he was ready.  He let out a squawk of delight; he knew this game, even if he found it boring.  The bird quickly avoided the violent burst, waiting for what he knew was sure to follow: a figure bearing a Kanohi Hau emerged from beneath the water, and he dove at her with extreme speed.  

Still catching her breath, Tukeli almost managed to dodge, but her companion knocked her down to the depths once more.  After emerging, she managed to smile a little and took a deep breath.  It was a little stronger this time, wasn't it? she thought.  I could feel it.  Maybe all these years of training had been worth it after all.  It was clear that Tukeli was never meant to become a Toa in the first place.  For a long time, it had defeated her.  She didn't like how that felt, so she wouldn't let it happen again.  She was confident that her practice would get her somewhere, someday.  Where that was, only Mata Nui knew.  She may never be a real Toa, but surely wandering around blindly couldn't be what she was meant to do.

Ignoring the playful splash Kiru made with his beak, Tukeli swam towards the shore.  When she left the water, she felt energy leave her body, but she paid no heed.  Tukeli was used to it by now, and she'd been at this for hours.   It was time to move on.  She picked up her satchel first, and wrapped her scarf around her neck before picking up her staff.  She ran the fabric of her oldest possession through her fingers, exhaling calmly, before turning around to gaze at the lake.  She saw Kiru levitating towards her, before setting her sights on the ruins.  Her eyes narrowed; this was her first time at Lake Pala, and she certainly hadn't expected to find a sort of Koro here.  

Tukeli nearly toppled over in surprise when her Gukko nudged her playfully.  He wanted a turn to play! Irritated, she shoved Kiru away.  She only let her guard down when they were alone, which meant she didn't mind scolding the bird, but she was too distracted to directly confront her partner.  She gazed again at Pala-Koro.  Tukeli was cautious by nature; that's why she'd avoided it in the first place.  But she was also very curious, and curiosity was sneaky.  Once again, it defeated caution.  At first she took only a few shaky steps, but before she knew it she was walking towards the village.  Kiru chirped; being bolder, he immediately dashed towards the Koro.  By the time Tukeli had second thoughts, he was already halfway there.  Groaning inwardly, she tried to catch up to him, suddenly wishing she had her old Kakama back.  

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC: A familiar buzz reached the longtime jungle-native's ears.

"Incoming." he said sharply, turning into the direction of Lake Pala.

Yeah, just like he thought. Gukko.

Probably harmless, he thought, bandaged, non armored right hand reaching for the hilt of the massive blade under his cloak. 

But then again--

He gripped it tightly, taking a small step back to widen and sturdy his base.

So are half the other things that've tried to kill me so far.

Tarex kept his eyes locked on the bird as it approached, ready to bring that slab of crystal down upon it at a moment's notice. If that'd make Kunitu, a member of the Gukko force, squeamish, well...

Not his fault.

helo frens

IC: What in the karz are you--

Right. Gukko Force.

As the bird approached, he slightly eased up. There was a professional here, someone who knew how to handle these things.

He was still ready, but at least the situation didn't seem quite so potentially severe.

As long as the thing didn't try to attack anyone.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

IC: Kunitu

"Not everything's out to kill you," commented Kunitu as she watched the Gukko approach.

From its movements and behaviour, it was obvious that the bird was a tame one. Kunitu thought she may have glimpsed it flying around the village of air once or twice, but it was quite possible she could have mistaken it for any other bird in the Force. The likelihood of the Gukko and its rider having been part of Le-koro's militia was high, but the commander could not exactly pass judgement without any further data to work off. After all, she had yet to meet the bird's partner yet.