Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC-Praggos:Bored, again, Praggos followed after Salamander, quickly catching up to the other Toa."Well, this ought to be fun, don't you think?" He mused. "You realize that if you aren't picked for the mark, you're most likely going to be attacked to prevent secrets from spreading. Same thing with Skyra."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Oreius)"Gnos Xo'Kaan, swordsman and musician," the Akrainid said, still playing his guitar. He soon seemed to forget about Oreius, descending further into his music, the tempo speeding, a crescendo, the energy picking up. Oreius sat there watching him for a few minutes, then figured he had forgotten about him, and anyway it was probably time he moved on.But as he moved to stand, Gnos looked straight at him, and Oreius knew he hadn't forgotten. More than that, he saw something in those blue eyes that made him curious. He sat back down, and continued watching and listening.At last, the Akrainid spoke."So, Oreius, how long have you been a guard?"The Ta-Matoran thought about it, and realized that he had been a guard for over fifteen years. He hadn't realized it had been so long. No wonder it felt so different being outside Ta-Koro. He hadn't seen anything else for years."About fiteen years, I guess." He shrugged. "I'm not a guard anymore though; I left just the other day."And again the doubts began to gnaw at him. Had he made the right choice? What more could he do away from the Guard? But Oreius forced them down and turned his attention back to Gnos."So, I see you're a pretty good musician. How long have you played for?"

IC-Gnos:"Years and years," Gnos said slowly, his voice keeping with the tempo of what he was playing. "Years numberless as the leaves on the trees, as the numerous wingbeats a fleeting butterfly might make with the rest of its kind." He closed his eyes, playing still, seeming again to go off into his own little world."Why did you leave?" He asked suddenly.

profiles i guess

IC (Oreius)Oreius shrugged. "Why does the butterfly flee? Because it hopes that the place it will one day inhabit is better than the place it was. Because it's unsatisfied, and wants more."The Ta-Matoran turned his head and looked out over the ocean. "And maybe because it's a fool. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't have left."

IC: Tank - Ga-Wahi - Arekule's Lab - TunnelsThe rats were so big, they needed to walk over the second just to get through the tunnel.After moving passed it he turned around to see a large room, shelves and tables overturned, papers and books everywhere. He let Kearrstrun pass. Who paced the room quickly, compiling things in his hands."They wrecked the whole room."Tank motioned for the others to enter, "Can you still do the procedure?"Kearrstrun turned over one of the shelves and flipped open a cabinet. A vial was pulled out. He also grabbed hold of a very large needle with hook on the end. Kearrstrun also pulled out a piece of strange metal that shimmered like a wave on the ocean. He motioned to the table in the center of the room which was also overturned, "I have the things I need."Tank picked up the table and turned it over. Writing was on the front of it, scratched messily with faded paint. Kearrstrun took hold of Tank's journal quickly and flipped through the pages rapidly, stopping on a page with drawings and diagrams.Break every rule. Defy every law. Become more.Tank looked to Yuru, "Well Yuru. Who's it gonna be?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Oreius)Oreius shrugged. "Why does the butterfly flee? Because it hopes that the place it will one day inhabit is better than the place it was. Because it's unsatisfied, and wants more."The Ta-Matoran turned his head and looked out over the ocean. "And maybe because it's a fool. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't have left."
IC-Gnos:Gnos Xo'Kaan nodded, though Oreius might have thought that the Akrainid may just have been keeping time with his music. "I know how you feel-I was one of the first Akrainid explorers to come to this island, and I didn't go back to the others." He continued playing for a bit."Have you any skill with a sword, Oreius?"

profiles i guess

IC: Salamander"And your point is...?"Salamander continued walking, his face showing just how bored he was. He wouldn't mind a fight, even in such tight quarters and with the silly Kuma Nui lurking close by, if it meant staving off his boredom for a few minutes. Of course, his body had had enough experience with the feeling to recognize that "staving off boredom" was often related to being beaten into a pulp and returning the favor to whoever had done so to it. He knew that fighting all the Mark Bearers was an impossible task, but somehow he knew that surviving such a fight wouldn't be too difficult. In fact, the longer he thought about it the more ideas he came up with for what to do if the situation turned grim.A slight grin crossed his face for the briefest of moments.

Lacertus

IC (Oreius)Oreius had never known that the Akrainids had come as explorers to Mata-Nui. He had always assumed that they had simply washed up on the shores of the island, like so many other beings, with no memory of how they got there. This added an entirely new dimension to his perception of the species. To choose to leave your homeland and your friends... and to choose not to return? Oreius couldn't imagine it."A sword? I have some, as much as you would expect a Guard to have. But if I were to choose a weapon, it would be my knives."The Ta-Matoran reached over his shoulder and drew one of his long daggers, which was almost the length of a short sword. He held it across his palms, the steel glinting in the sun.

IC-Praggos:"My point is that I would much rather you blast yourself through the ceiling, and preferably stay away from us, if such a thing happens to you," the Toa of Ice muttered. "You're a competent fighter, and you might be useful later on."IC-Gnos:Gnos set down his guitar, staring over at Oreius. Suddenly, his Pudao whipped out, an attack that Oreius barely managed to defend against due to the speed of it."Defend yourself," the Xo Akrainid growled.

profiles i guess

IC (Oreius)Without a moment's warning, the Akrainid set down his guitar and drew an odd bladed weapon with a long handle, slashing at Oreius with such speed that the Ta-Matoran only just blocked it. If he hadn't already had his dagger out, he would have been sliced in half. As it was, he managed to parry the strike and deliberately fall off his seat, rolling to his feet a metre behind the barrel."Defend yourself," Gnos growled.It just went to show you couldn't trust anyone. Even the most laid-back, music-loving being could turn out to be a bloodthirsty maniac. Still, Oreius hoped that maybe this guy was just testing him, and wasn't truly mad. He had seemed nice enough before he pulled a weapon on him.His Guard training kicked in. The Ta-Matoran drew his other long dagger and stood in a defensive stance, gently bouncing on the balls of his feet to test the stability of the ground. Being a giant lily pad and not solid rock or earth, the surface was slightly springier and softer than rock. He looked around, noting the presence of a few empty stalls, and several occupied ones at the far end of the market. There were a dozen barrels surrounding the Akrainid and the Matoran, some full, some empty, and the splintered remains of the one Gnos had destroyed lay on the ground.

IC: Salamander"'Useful later on?' Right, I almost forgot for a moment that you are the scheming one. However, I'd like to point out that blasting myself through the ceiling isn't exactly the smartest way to get out of here. Even if we ignore the fact that the entrance to the tunnel was at the face of a cliff (which means I'd have to get through multiple layers), the ceiling is made of stone. Why don't you try it out and tell me how well that plan works?"Salamander had the feeling that Praggos was once more trying to manipulate him in some way or another, and wanted nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, he knew too little about Praggos to be able to determine what outcome the Toa of Ice was aiming for, so he had simply decided to go with whatever felt most natural.Aside from trying to kill Praggos, of course. Seeing as how that was his first impulse, he'd have to go with whatever felt slightly-less-than-most natural.The things I do to keep every being on the island from being at my throat. Seriously, I deserve some kind of medal for everything I do...

Lacertus

IC-Praggos:"Are you saying you aren't smart enough to find the weak points in the stone and melt through them?"IC-Gnos:Gnos spun his Pudao around slightly, a distraction as he kicked on barrel at Oreius, following after it quickly with a stab.

profiles i guess

IC: Skyra - Ga-Wahi - Arekule's Lab - I stared at the very large needle held by Kearrstrun, it made me feel uneasy. At this point either me or Salamander was gonna become a mark bearer. I was deep enough in thought that I hardly noticed that Salamander and Praggos were speaking to each other. A rather stupid idea on Praggos part really, at least that's what I thought.

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Salamander"Are you saying that is even remotely feasible? The amount of energy required would leave me passed out on the ground, and that's assuming the tunnel doesn't collapse on us after I break through what we are referring to as the ceiling. Of course, I could use my mask to speed the process up and potentially avoid being crushed to death by a pile of rocks, but naturally that has its own set of problems. How would I be able to identify the weak spots at that kind of speed?"It wasn't the first time his intelligence would be called into question, but the sheer ridiculousness (as he saw it) of Praggos' words made it rather difficult to take sitting down.

Lacertus

IC-Praggos:"Well, here, allow me to demonstrate." Praggos picked up a metallic pole that had been left in the room for some reason. He stepped over to a part of the ceiling, appearing no different from the others, and shoved the pole up. The ceiling in that space crumbled, all falling apart around Praggos.The rest of the ceiling held its weight, though it sank slightly, until Praggos filled the area he had just cleared with ice."You see how that space was big enough to fit you?" The Toa of Ice asked. "Punch, burn, or melt through it, I don't care. It wouldn't do enough damage to the surround space to cause it to collapse, and you would turn out fine." Praggos smiled slightly."Weak spots. It wouldn't require as much energy as you seem to think. In fact," Praggos opened a small hole in the ice. Cool air seeped into the room slightly, until he closed it off again. "It would easily lead to the above world."OOC: And, surprisingly enough, things like this can be possible. I don't quite remember what book I read it out of, but it can be possible. Weird stuff.

profiles i guess

IC-Gnos:Gnos spun his Pudao around slightly, a distraction as he kicked on barrel at Oreius, following after it quickly with a stab.
IC (Oreius)Oreius watched carefully as Gnos spun his weapon. This could be a precursor to an attack, or it could be-The Akrainid lashed out, kicking an empty barrel at Oreius.-a distraction.The Ta-Matoran ducked and fluidly dodged to one side, his small stature an asset in this situation. The barrel flew past him, crashing into an empty stall and sending both toppling over.The barrel was quickly followed by a stab as Gnos leapt forward and tried to spear the Ta-Matoran on the end of his blade. He was several metres away, however, and this attack was less a surprise than an open assault. Oreius waited as the Akrainid rapidly approached him, then leapt forward.Gnos's stab had plenty of forward momentum, but little else, so it was a simple matter for Oreius to hold one dagger horizontally and push the attack upwards and off course. The Akrainid's arm followed, leaving him wide open for a counterattack. As one dagger pushed Gnos's weapon up, Oreius slipped underneath the Akranid's outstretched arm and aimed a jab with his other dagger at his opponent's armpit, an area that was unlikely to be fatal, but would greatly hinder the use of his arm.

OOC: Still not entirely convinced. Mostly because of the way you repeated "can be possible". The word "can" just makes it seem like it is unlikely to me. :PIC: SalamanderSalamander simply laughed at Praggos' demonstration. "That requires a fair amount of subtlety, something I'm pretty much incapable of pulling off with my abilities. So thanks for the advice and all, but it seems like you've got the running away business handled on your own. If you were looking for someone to make an escape tunnel for you, you'll have to look elsewhere."

Lacertus

OOC: Can be possible as in, you can do it, if you have the knowledge of what you're doing.IC-Praggos:"If I felt the need for an escape tunnel," Praggos scoffed, "I would be gone already. But fine, have it your way. You'll soon realize you're capable of more than you think."IC-Gnos:There was one thing that Oreius forgot about, however. Gnos Xo'Kaan whipped up his dextrous tail, grasping Oreius by the arm and spinning him away. As fast as he had drawn it Gnos put the Pudao away, hissing and bowing to Oreius."You have demonstrated sharp enough skill for me. Good effort, Matoran."

profiles i guess

OOC: Salamander can barely even create a flame without using one of his techniques; his powers are completely combat oriented. :PIC: Salamander"That I will dispute. We met, what, a few hours a ago? I mean as much offense as possible when I say I would know myself and my own limits better than you would. So get lost, Praggos."Salamander walked past Praggos and entered the room he assumed to be the actual lab. The rest of the group had already gathered inside of it, no doubt having passed Salamander while Praggos was distracting him.At least Yuru makes no attempt to hide what he is thinking... Way easier to deal with people like him...

Lacertus

IC (Oreius) It wasn't something he often did, but it happened: Oreius miscalculated. Granted, he wasn't the smartest guy in the Guard; there were Matoran wiser and more clever than he. But he wasn't foolhardy or rash, and prided himself on not rushing into situations without thinking them through. But it did happen sometimes. As Oreius jabbed at Gnos's armpit, something grabbed the Ta-Matoran's other arm and pulled him away from his opponent, spinning him a few metres away. He landed and stumbled to one knee, a little woozy, but still alert. He looked up, preparing for another attack, and was startled to see Gnos sheath his weapon, and bow. "You have demonstrated sharp enough skill for me. Good effort, Matoran."Oreius stood, still not entirely convinced. He didn't sheath his knives, but continued to hold them at the ready."What was the meaning of that?" he demanded.

IC: Reaver'Okay, my turn.' She thought briefly, then turned to the others. 'Right, either my name's not Reaver, or I've kille-.... taken someone's life before.' She fist-pumped at her avoidance of the letter D. 'Emotia, you can't answer this one, you know the answer. So, which one is it, girls?'

Edited by Toa Zealokan

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC-Gnos Xo'Kaan:"I merely wished to test you," Gnos said. "I have been without worthy adversary in many years. I feel that with enough training, you may reach that point." The Akrainid hissed slightly, thinking. He then sat down, gesturing to Oreius to do so as well."It was more than a test of that, though," Gnos said cryptically. "But I will say that you passed."

profiles i guess

IC (Oreius)Oreius cautiously sheathed both his knives and took a seat, though his guard was still up. As the adrenaline began to wear off, he realized his arm ached to all Karz from the arm wrestle with the other Akranid."A test, eh?" Oreius asked, not a little sarcastically. "I'm glad I passed. Do you test everyone you meet?"

IC (Oreius)Oreius smirked. He wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but it was just such an odd situation. He relaxed a little bit; this Akrainid seemed honest enough, even though he was given to "testing" people out of nowhere."I'm glad I passed, then. Being cleaved in half would ruin my day."

IC-Gnos:"I did say I was a swordsman," Gnos growled. He sat back, leaving his guitar on its stand."Now, Oreius, you said you left your job as a guard and home in Ta-Wahi because you felt that where you were was basically stagnant, that you could find something better?" The Akrainid hissed lightly when Oreius nodded."What did you feel you might find?"IC-Praggos:Praggos smiled, continuing in after Salamander.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC (Oreius)How trustworhy was this guy? He'd just pulled a sword on Oreius, and he expected him to pour out his life's story? He had a knack for sidestepping questions and returning them with questions of his own; he'd already learned plenty about the Ta-Matoran, but Oreius knew little about him.Still, what was the harm in just talking?"I wanted to do something, you know? I mean, it's not like guarding Ta-Koro isn't something, but things just seem to be getting worse and worse, and we can't do anything. What with the Rahkshi attacks and the Turaga being kidnapped, I feel like I need to act, to do something, before I lose the chance."

IC-Gnos:"I saw something here, something the other Akrainid didn't. I saw a light, flaring briefly, then being snuffed out by darkness. The darkness was soon illuminated by a larger light, revealing six beings standing. They were not Toa, nor Akrainid. They were Matoran, such as yourself." Gnos shook himself."Aside from that, I saw life. This island, when first I came to it, was a rocky wasteland. My home looked like a paradise compared to this land. But already could I see that there were small shoots springing to life, wishing to reach that sunlight above them. I stayed, hoping I could guide them." Gnos hissed slightly, closing his eyes."I saw multitudes of people, of all different species and different types, breaking aside their differences and uniting to defeat a common threat. I saw the shadows spreading across the island, then being forced back as your kind," Gnos said, opening his unseeing eyes to glare not at, but into Oreius, "Came and rebelled. I saw many things, Matoran." Gnos blinked, his eyes returning to normal."Many things, and I knew it was my destiny to stay and help them. And I think you may be a central part of it."

profiles i guess

IC: Lux - BarLux opened the door gently, walking into a very dim, confined, and loud room.In short, a bar at night.Normally, the Matoran probably wouldn't have come here, as he wasn't in the particular mood to make a fool of himself in front of women he didn't know. However, tonight he was here on very different business. If Tillian was to be found, this was the most likely place to find information.Scanning the occupant so of the bar quickly, but thoroughly, he looked for anyone even partially familiar that could lead them to their rogue Toa.This time, luck seemed to be with him and his friends. Within the first minute of searching, he spotted a group of four females (Emotia, Labelle, Reaver, Laserbeak), who seemed familiar.Weren't they at Tillian's party? he wondered mentally, before glancing back at Readra, making a subtle movement in the party's direction.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:The obsessiveness over fish rather odd, amusing, but odd, and grew quite droll. "Ga-Wahi," Phauxx began question upon question sprouting in his brain. "I take it there are more of these, Wahi, around the island?" From how things seemed, Phauxx concluded that they were on the middle of nowhere on some sort of tropical paradise. He then wondered if he were dead.

Edited by Phauxx
phauxxblack2.jpg