Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC (Cael)Breakfast was surprisingly enjoyable. It wasn't as though Cael had expected it to be boring, or awkward, or anything negative in particular, but she'd never really talked to Joske. Aside from trying to calm him down, and explaining his new powers the day before, she'd exchanged precious few words with the Toa of Fire, and she had simply not known what to expect.But everything had turned out fine. Better than fine, in fact. Joske was charming and quick to laugh, telling stories and jokes and listening to hers in turn. True, she had let him do most of the talking. She had never been all that much of a talker; she'd never had many people to talk with. As a healer, yes, but not as a friend; medical conversations didn't count. And it was nice to listen, and to get a picture of Joske's personality. She had cared for him physically, from top to bottom, but she really knew little about him as a person.And the more she listened, the more she found herself liking the Toa of Fire. He was friendly and easygoing, and quick to share a joke. He was confident and funny and while he liked to show off a bit, he wasn't arrogant at all.I wonder why Rit had such trouble with him, she thought. Had it just been a Toa of Ice thing?As breakfast finished up, Joske excused himself for a moment, and headed for his room. Cael began to clean up some of the dishes, when she heard a shout from the neighbouring room."Son of a Rahkshi!"Suddenly nervous for Joske's safety, her own safety, and the safety of her hut, Cael hurried into the side room. Joske stood by the open door, looking out into Ga-Koro, then whirled around, looking completely bemused."My armor! It's gone!"The Toa of Water frowned. "What do you mean?""I went for a swim this morning," Joske explained. "And I left most of my armour here, by the back door. But now it's not here!"He took a few steps outside into the sun, and looked around, as if his armour would suddenly appear if he looked hard enough. Cael stepped out of the door, hardly feeling the warm sunlight on her shoulders as her mind spun. She looked around, too, but the village was painted with its usual hues of blue and green; Joske's gold and red armour was nowhere to be seen.Would someone take it? Ga-Koro's never been a place for thieves, but with everything that's been going on lately... Maybe someone thought it was lost? No, it was right outside the door.Cael sighed. "I don't know, Joske. Someone might have taken it, but..." She bit her lip. "I've got some spare clothes inside. We should go talk to the Marines and see if they can help."Walking back inside for a moment, Cael opened one of the cupboards next to Joske's bed, and pulled out a pair of long pants and a thin shirt. She returned outside to stand next to the Toa of Fire, who was still wearing his improvised sarong, and offered him the clothes."Here," she said. "Put these on, and we can go see if anything's been turned in. At the very least, we can put out a message for anyone who comes across your armour."

Edited by Fullmetal Eyrchamist

IC-Kalios:Kalios's frown grew deeper, though he didn't reply-after all, they were nearly at the market. It would do little good to start a discussion such as that when they would most likely have more on their hands.OOC: Methinks that after this market scene, Kalios and Endriin should go on a quest to find Joske's armour.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC, Perkahn:(Casa Juturna)The cry alerted Perkahn, who, although surprised, still had enough reflex left in him to dodge the attack and thoughtlessly push another lunge aside with a hastily constructed shard of iron in midair. He drew his battleaxe."Tillian, I don't want to wreck your place, so tell your friend to chill out."

Edited by Ironheart

IC (Lohkar)Lohkar winked at Yasurek."Funny 'ow us 'actually acccomplishin' something' coincides with me bein' Captain again..."IC (Merror)"Skapoka," said Merror. "They're incredibly rare, and incredibly dangerous. Normally they're not found anywhere but the Kumu Islets. This one must have escaped somehow."Merror closed his eyes briefly, remembering the creature."Picture it," he said. "A body like a Kikanalo's, the legs and sting of a Nui-Jaga, and the heads of a Doom Viper. Its venom is one of the most complex and potent on the island. And there it was, right in front of me."Merror opened his eyes again. His voice was grim."I didn't know if I could kill it. I didn't even know if I could fight it. But I knew I had to try."I fought the Skapoka for three days and nights. I couldn't go anywhere near Le-Koro; if it had found the village, who knows what might have happened. So I kept it in the jungle as long as I could. We never rested, never stopped. Our combat was constant."Merror shook his head, remembering the battle."Eventually," he continued, "I managed to kill it. Its hide was too tough even for my swords, but its necks were weak. I cut off all six heads."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Cool. Reminds me of the Rahi Nui.IC (Weta): "Impressive" Weta whistled, somewhat awed by the other toa's feat. "Though if Turaga Matau was the one telling that tale I'd never believe it - it sounds like a story he would make up." Of course, coming from Merror, he had no qualms about the Skapoka story. The toa of fire didn't strike him as one to make up something like that for a joke.

ppg2.png

IC: NikarraThe moment Gunner left the brig, Nikarra's eyes flashed open.This was by no means the first time she had been captured, although it didn't happen often. Usually, she wouldn't have had any chance to register it, but due to Perkahn's request for rope she was able to figure out what would come next.She had used all of her strength to keep her arms, legs, everything slightly apart from each-other while being tied up, to try and give her some room to move when she relaxed them later on. Unfortunately, the rope was pretty darn tight, so she wasn't capable of much more movement than she would have been otherwise, but it was just about enough.In their rush, the pirates had somehow forgotten to check her for weapons -- not that they would have found any, of course. Her knife was hidden inside a part of her armour, a part that she could just about reach (although not without a lot of pain and difficulty).She slid it out, and just managed to catch it -- it almost fell on the ground -- before beginning to work on cutting through the rope.OOC: cool.pngWhat, you said that she couldn't escape the crate, you never said anything about the level of difficulty involved in getting out of the chair... sarcastic.gif

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Merror)Merror laughed grimly."Trust me, a Skapoka is no joke," he said. "I did manage to kill it, but at a cost. It bit me. The moment it fell to the ground, I felt my whole body go numb. Then everything went black."The Skapoka's venom puts it victim in a coma," he continued, "for about a week, after which the deadly part kicks in and the victim dies. But I woke up. I remember, as I first regained consciousness, seeing a figure above me, too hazy to make out, but when I tried to speak, it fled. Later, when my sight had fully returned, I could judge by the moon that I had been in the coma for about a week. Clearly, whatever or whoever it was healed me just in time. I don't know who, I don't know how, but it saved my life."IC (Lohkar)"Excuse me," said Lohkar's voice, coming from the shadows in the corner of the hold, outside Nikarra's vision, "but you seem ta be cuttin' through me best rope."The Lesterin walked over and peered through the bars of the brig prison."Too bad for you, I s'pose..." he said. "That's Lesterin rope. You'll blunt your knife on it before ya cut it."Unfortunately for Nikarra, Lohkar was right. Lesterin rope was of high quality, and very strong due to the metal strands woven in with the rope's fibres. Lohkar's job often required him to tie people up, and he didn't like leaving things to chance.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Retconned.IC: NikarraNikarra was hit by the punch, but not before she noticed that the ropes were affected by electricity. Metal? In the ropes? You have to be kidding me...She expelled the electricity, aiming a powerful blast at Lohkar. "You know, there isn't all that much fun in attacking someone tied up. Believe me, I've tried it."

Edited by Vorex: Keeper of Time

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

OOC: Retconned.IC: NikarraHowever, the chair was on its side. Had it been on its back, or on its front, such an attack might have hit. As it was, it instead hit the back of the chair.

Edited by Vorex: Keeper of Time

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Tillian (Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi)"Oi!" Tillian darted forward quickly and caught Liara in a tight hug, preventing her from finishing up her stab at Perkahn. Her eyes momentarily widened, but the Toa of Gravity just hugged her back harder and carried her into the kitchen, where, with one hand, he poured her some coffee and let her sip some out of his hand. When he was finally assured that she would not, in fact, try and murder a man inside his beach house, Tillian let her go and turned back to Perkahn."Sorry about that. So you quit, then? Good on you."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Lohkar)"Because that's Lesterin rope," he said. "Have fun."He turned, and went back up to the main deck."Right, lads," he called to the assembled crew. "We'll 'ave ta set sail soon. Don't know what Perkahn's rendezvous plan is, but we'll just 'ave ta play things by ear."

IC: NikarraAlright, time for Plan B. Nikarra used a blast of her element to set part of the rope on fire, and burn through it. Once she was done with that, she grabbed the rope and threw it out of the bars. She used the knife to cut off a long shard of the chair, and then started trying to pick the lock with it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Barbs sprouted across the lock-pick's hilt. With rapid speed, they transformed into a deadly variety of spines and spikes. The blade itself, however, remained unchanged.Nikarra herself slowed down a little as her mechanics' speed decreased. Her movements lost critical microseconds.A dark cloak floated in the shadows nearby. Zmija was watching.OOC: She's using her Mask of Biomechanics and Iron, fyi.

Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC, Perkahn:(Casa Juturna)The Toa of Iron nodded, crossing his arms on his chest. "Mark Bearer. Slightly psychopathic. Responsible for an attack on Tillian here's wedding. Thought dead since yesterday. Thought dead very very falsely."He took a look outside the window, gathering his thoughts."I'm tracking him. Grochi, who also quit, is helping me. And so are the Crew of the Infernavika - what remains of them - who are doing this for cash, but that's beside the point. The point is, we're ridiculously close to tracking Dorian down, and in order to proceed, we're gonna need your help, Tillian."

IC, Perkahn:(Casa Juturna)Perkahn grinned. "Not what I was going to ask for. We've Dorian's girlfriend under deck. Some really funny girl, and something about her tells me that she's hardly the only one. But she assures us Dorian's gonna go after her when he hears that we have them. What I want is for the whole island to hear that. I want this info to reach Dorian's ears. By way of rumor. And a loud one at that. And, well, it's gonna be a lot louder rumor if you get your connections to speak it. After all, well, it's not that interesting a rumor; unless it's well kept up, spreading it would do no good."

Edited by Ironheart

IC: Liara"I've got a lot of connections in the sleazier parts of this island. I can place a few words in the right places, and every criminal from the lowest louse to the highest crime boss will be talking."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC, Perkahn:(Casa Juturna)The Toa of Iron grinned and showed Liara a thumbs-up. "That's what I'm talking about. Tillian, I'm sure you can put in a few words with the authorities on this, and if both the legal and the illegal pillars of society start shaking, the roof's bound to feel it - let's play these cards right and Dorian will fall right into our hands. Or not. Depending on whether or not he cares about this girl."He pushed himself aside from the wall, repositioning on the opposite side of the room. "One more thing, completely unrelated to this topic... Tillian, you seen my son anytime recently?"

IC: Skyra - Ferry, Ga-Wahi -"That's quite an adventure. So, you have no idea who this person was that saved you? Or what he used to save you?" I stroked my chin. "Well, isn't that a mystery? I bet he used some kind of rare fruit."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Merror)"Perhaps," Merror replied. "I have heard rumours of such things. But I doubt a Skapoka's bite could be cured by some miracle cactus..."The ferry was now passing the coast of Ga-Wahi, the sandstone cliffs gleaming gold in the sunlight."Whatever it was, I was alive. But the coma had left my body wasted; my muscles were atrophied. So I spent the next few weeks training in the jungle, working myself back up to strength. Once I had regained my fitness, I returned to civilisation - and here I am."

IC Yasurek-Infernavika:Yasurek watched as Lohkar returned from below decks. From the sounds coming from below there was a struggle going on. "Captain Lohkar sir, if I may be so bold," he began, "Did any of you happen to take our captive's mask off so she wouldn't be able to use her lightning powers effectively? Not to be rude, but you'd think taking their mask would be standard procedure for toa prisoners."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic