Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Kehuri"Well first, I planned on trying some personal training, but then I remembered a Toa named Aparangi mentioning a plot to supposedly kill the Great Spirit. After getting a splint for Ilu," he pet the small Rahi to indicate who he meant, "I used the Kualsi I was wearing then to teleport over to the ship that I thought he had left for in order to ask him more about it and offer my help. Turns out he was still in Pala-Koro the whole time. "While I was trying and failing to find him on the ship, someone told me Le-Koro was under attack, so I went there to help out. Turns out, Xa-Koro had been destroyed and its inhabitants blamed the mainlanders, so they attacked Le-Koro. In the end, they were wiped out rather quickly, although a Rama Swarm attacked too, but was also fended off. After that, I stuck around in the hopes of finding Aparangi, but I wasn't able to talk to him and instead settled with the leader of the ILF. And the rest is history." He finished with a smile. He hadn't used that phrase before.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Naru

"Wow, sounds a lot more exciting than my night spent trudging through the jungle," the Toa of Plasma replied, grinning, eyebrow raised. It was now that Naru realised that some Kanohi where a lot more useful in some situations than her Faxon. Still, she still found it to be useful. At times. "Er... Also, what exactly happened to your Kanohi?" Naru asked, glancing at his Hau, which before she could have sworn was a Miru. Or something shaped like a Miru, as he mentioned a Kualsi. Still, it was different now.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

After claiming the cabin's key from the notch on the wall it hung Kethyre vanished into the cabin.

"Er- apologies for the wait, Turaga," he said, nodding at Matau. "I'll talk to Kongu or the ship's captain soon as I find them about travel arrangements for the rest of you. Sorry, really, things just keep turning up. We' will get you back home and safe soon, promise. " Unless some group of scum with a lot of weapons and no better way to spend their time decides that a long, drawn out battle would be a good remedy for boredom, but that's really out of our control.

The Turaga of Air murmured something along the lines of "yes" and followed Kethyre as they left the cabin, locking the door behind them.

"Ah, sorry if I'm disturbing something," Kethrye said, rejoining Kethuri and Naru, who seemed to be conversing of at least partially personally nature. "But it's time to go."

Edited by Javert

IC: Kehuri"Ah, that. I swapped it for this one. Call me corny, but I thought a Hau was more appropriate for a defender of Matoran, plus there's the fact it's Mata Nui's symbol. My Kualsi's probably still lying on the ground somewhere." He looked her up and down. "Looks like the jungle didn't treat you kindly. You could be mistaken for a miner now," he joked. He nodded to Kethrye when he appeared with the Turaga, and gave a respectful bow to the elder before turning his attention back to Naru. Something she said earlier popped out at him. "You were worried about me?" He asked, eyebrows rising.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: The first thing I noticed about the Turaga was, unsurprisingly, the big slug attached to his back. What was it those things were called again? Parakuka or something like that? Eh, I'd ask someone in the know eventually. But, for now, I would simply have to be content with doing my best to avoid looking at it. I mean, I may not be the best people-person on this island, but I figured that this Turaga probably wouldn't appreciate some random Toa staring at him.

Plus, he didn't seem like he was in a very good mood, even for a Le-Turaga. Can't blame him, after being kidnapped, having a grotesque creature attached to you, and then coming to the realization that you may have killed one or many of your own people while you weren't aware of it, I was surprised this "Matau" character was as high-functioning as he was. Testament to his spirit, I guess...

I gave Kethrye another smile when I saw him arrive, "Alright, let's get going then."

I watched the Toa of Earth give the Turaga a respectful bow, and I quickly followed suit, although with significantly less grace than he did it with.

~ ~ ~

IC: "I'm hardly a drunkard, ma'am," Rynekk replied, slightly calmer now that he'd had some time to clear his head, "I gave that up a while ago, once I realized I could never compete with my sister."

Then, in a surprisingly fluid motion for someone who'd just fallen from a tree, the Po-Toa spun around on his heel, facing Naona once again with a bright smile.

"So, are you coming, ma'am?"

~ ~ ~

IC: The Toa paused, cocking his head slightly, like a confused Hapaka, mulling over how to answer the question at hand. How did you represent that you couldn't remember anything... if you, in fact, couldn't remember anything?

Finally, the Toa faced Ril again, a broad smile appearing on his face, "Doctors mend me. Teach...me...how to behave amongst civa...civil...ci-vi-lized people."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC-Mussiki:

"Well, there are a few problems with that: First, I don't know who your boss is, so that doesn't help. That just makes it kinda creepy," he said, with a completely straight face.

"Second, I'm not allowed to go back there, I don't think. Not after everything that happened around Sulov." Likely true.

"Third, I don't really want to go back as it is. All the people in charge over there are both corrupt and annoying." In his-and likely many others'-opinion.

"Finally, my girlfriend got lost in the battle, and I'm currently looking for her. Unless your boss knows where she is and can help me find, I'm not very likely to go with you."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Zharuk and Genno

The two of them wandered around the jungle. Eventually, they got separated. Each going his won path, they continued to walk. Zharuk took a wrong turn somewhere and before he knew it, he was in Ta-Wahi. "Oh well," he thought. "It was a waste of time anyways." Genno, however, miraculously managed to stumble upon the Fowadi. "Mind if I join up with you guys?" he asked nobody in particular.

OOC: Zharuk to Ta-Wahi.

Edited by Constructman

The Toa of Plasma rolled her eyes at the miner comment. He was right, her armor wasn'te exactly shining at the moment, but easy enough fix. With a burst of elemental energy, Naru's body suddenly glowed brightly just as Kehuri looked away, the intense plasma heat completely burning away the dirt, swamp water, and muck. Brushing the last bit of charred who-knows-what off her arm, Naru nodded.

"Well, yeah, you just disappeared," she replied, absorbing the extra heat back into herself. Oh well, atleast it was better than when she had covered Zauk in webbing.. Er, yeah, best not to think about that.

IC: Dehkaz

"Ugh... Morning ma'am," came a familar voice not far from Naona and Rynekk, a even more familar Toa of Magnetism stepping into view. He was rubbing his head, and it was quite clear he wasn't in the best of shape.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: [Kunitu]

"I can smell your wakefulness," came Kunitu's voice from next to Kehaga's ear.

IC: Kehaga - Hut -

Kehaga yelped in shock and surprise, jerking back from Kunitu. He had forgotten how easily Kunitu could just sneak up like that. How unnerving...

"Don't...do that again..." Kehaga said finally, catching his breath.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Leah nodded. "I'm afraid you do, Lt." she said. "You look as if you were sky-riding a Gukko through a storm-front while trying not to blink."

She handed him some of the fruit she had collected with Sulov earlier. "Here. Going to sleep is one thing, but going to sleep with an empty stomach is bad."

OOC: sorry, had to keep it short. it's 3am ^^

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Kehuri"Of course," he said, blushing under his mask as he realized he'd made more of the comment than she had meant. He really had to get used to being around women now. Naru wasn't even his type! What was he doing blushing?"I've more or less figured out controlling, absorbing and creating earth now," he said, more to give her an update than to boast, "Had to use it a lot to help put out the fire. I've still got more to learn, but it's just a matter of practice. What I'm more worried about now is my physical condition." He glanced over at the Toa who had joined their little group so acrobatically and made sure both she and Kethrye could hear the rest of what he had to say. "I could use some agility training. And a sparring partner." He was blushing again. He swore at himself mentally.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Rynekk's smile weakened slightly, and, upon seeing Dehkaz approach, dropped from his face completely.

The Po-Toa had seen himself at his lowest, and it had quite nearly destroyed him. He used to be a great hero, respected as both a warrior and a guardian. Now, what was he? A warped, broken man, who had watched as he tossed everything he loved and held dear away for power. Who was now forced to live with himself, Rynekk Simul, the Makuta-worshipper, the homicidal maniac, the liar.

And then, when he had finally woken up and figured out how far he'd fallen, when he'd decided to seek redemption and joined the Guard, he had found a new family. He was surrounded by people who were better than him, wiser than him, stronger than him.

And now, watching one of the beings he had so admired, Major Dehkaz, knocked from his pedestal, was heart-wrenching. He had survived Krayn's cold-blooded assault of the pirates. He had survived losing Tadris during the attack on the wedding.

Now, he just had survive seeing Dehkaz hungover.

"Sir, what happened to you?"

IC: The Toa's face fell, his former happiness draining from him.

"But...I need help..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kehaga - Hut -
"Yes Ma'am." He said submissively, despite hating the idea of having to stay awake, despite how long he'd been asleep he still felt exhausted, and his back was still stinging from being raked by that Nui-Rama the night before. "Well, I take it we won the fight, since I'm not dead and my hut is still intact."
Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Dehkaz

The Toa of Magnetism's deep violet eyes fixed themselves on Rynekk, studying the rust-armored Toa of Stone. Dehkaz knew that look, he had seen it before on Guard members, especially now after Le-Koro had been attacked. And not just Guard members, it was a look that men got when they lost hope, when everything and everyone they looked up to was destroyed. The Major was never a team player, and he didn't think he would every truly be, but no, he had to be a commanding officer.

And that meant taking care of who he had command over. "I did something stupid, Private, it wouldn't be the first time." Dehkaz said carefully, not overly cold, but enough to get the Po-Toa's attention. "Happens to the best of us. Officially off-duty, not that it would have mattered much."

Though unknown to both, Dehkaz had been dwelling on the past, his thoughts going back even before he had become a bounty hunter. Even the highest fall.

Naru wished she could help there, but with all of her weapons, she wasn't exactly one for jumping around. If the Toa of Plasma noticed Kehuri's unability to stop blushing, she didn't seem to show it. "I'd help but-" she spread her hands out, indicating the many knives strapped to her belts "-I don't exactly go running around in these."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC

[secret location above Turaga Matau's hut; early afternoon]

"So...what have we got?"

Agni coughed once, then pointed at the contraption in front of me "Slots for each of the charms and a riddle for each. If these all work the same way, the riddles indicate the order in which to put the charms into their respective slots." Pulling out two charms he handed them to me, reciting the inscriptions in the old script for each slot:

"In Darkness, Light; Strength of Numbers; Word of Honor; Faith Grants This. "

I saw my mentor shrug. "I considered trying to place the ones we already have in their right place. But now that you're here, the final part is up to you. This task was appointed to you, kid. I doubt we others could unlock these places."

I may not have responded to that last statement, but it meant a lot when he said it. Bending to one knee I pulled out my own two, collecting the fifth one back from Angelus. So, this temple required four? Different from the Temple of Courage, but then again, they weren't cookie-cutter structures. Well, we had five, so somewhere in here we should have enough.

"Faith grants this," I started, knowing very well what this one meant, smiling to myself as I slid the Accuracy Charm into the slot. Glancing to the next I spoke aloud, "Word of Honor." Duty seemed to be the best fit, for one's word is one's honor, and is his duty to carry it out; the Guard drilled this into us in boot camp, something even in my egotistic stupor I still managed to follow. Skipping one I read the first riddle, "In Darkness, Light."

"Faith itself." Agni said quietly, my head nodding silently in agreement as I placed the third chart in the slot. This left the fourth riddle, and with only two charms in my hand something didn't feel right. Agni came over and knelt next to me, studying the riddle and the two remaining charms in my hand.

"Strength of Numbers?" I questioned, looking at the Courage and Strength Charms in my hand. It couldn't be strength, for it was used in the description. It could be courage; granted, one would feel more courageous and secure with more people at your side. But courage was often needed by a single individual, so why would numbers matter? The two of us looked blankly at the contraption before Cael walked up behind us.

"Unity." she said, a bit of disappointment in her voice. "Strength in Numbers refers to the virtue of Unity, for a number of individuals to be strong like one they need to be united like mind and purpose. It's... it's a cornerstone of my village and people." It was several long seconds before the realization sunk in for the rest of us:

We were missing one!

With a blank stare I fell to my butt, leaning against the wall as I turned. We... we were missing one. Apparently there was an order to these confounded temples, and we just went out of order... despite the clue left at the previous one. I shook my head, unwilling to accept our predicament.

No... this can't be...

"It would seem... we have been handed a setback." Agni said quietly and thoughtfully, standing up with a heavy, somber demeanor. "Apparently we must travel back to Go-Koro to collect the Unity Ch- "

"No!" I said in a sudden outburst, slamming my fist against the trunk of the tree. Everyone was quiet as I fumed quietly, unwilling to accept defeat. Agni stood there stoically as always, waiting for me to simply acknowledge our current situation and move on. But we couldn't. I couldn't. I didn't come this far and go through what I did just to backtrack. There HAD to be a way, there just had to be! I had never believed in the no-win scenario, and I wasn't about to give up now. With a frustrated sigh I leaned my head back to gaze up at the treetop, hundreds of bios above us. If there was only a way around the lock, above the-wait.

"Joske- " Agni started.

"Up-tree."

"What?"

I stared at the tree's crown, a shaft of light entering my mind like a beam filtering through the leaves. "Ever-remember answer always up-tree."

I was standing now, head craned sideways to get a good look upwards. Agni, as well as the others, were completely lost. "Joske, what ARE you talking about?"

I began to smile, suddenly so many things making sense. Perhaps that matoran was spirit-sent after all. Before was the written exam; gazing upwards, clearly this was the practical application of the test. I began to walk around the trunk, looking for a good place to start climbing, waving a hand behind me.

"You guys stay here; I'll be back in a little bit."

Spotting a suitable branch I leaped for it, my read-and-gold body vanishing in the sea of green leaves.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Kehuri"Likewise!" He chuckled, indicating the explosives still draped over his shoulder and belt. "I don't plan on carrying these around all the time, though. For that bit I was hoping to get help from someone else." He glanced at Plagia briefly as he suggested that before turning back to Naru, "I thought you might be more the sparring partner type."

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Genno

"Hello?" the massive toa of fire said, looking around confused. "If I'm interrupting anything, then sorry I'll go." Genno looked at the giant battleship (FOWADI) that was in the (bay?). "The plot thickens," he thought, "And the author decides to go for the confusing thread. I have absolutely no freakin' idea what is going on."

He glanced at Plagia briefly, "I thought you might be more the sparring partner type."

IC:

Kethrye stayed silent and continued walking, not even glancing back at Kehuri. He could help but suppress a chuckle at the Toa of Earth's words, though. Oh, if only you knew, he though. Plagia could wipe the floor with you, and probably will.

IC: "So, how much farther 'til we get to Le-Koro, sir?" I asked Kethrye. I really needed to spend more time around these jungles, before I take a wrong turn and end up lost forever.

~ ~ ~

IC: Rynekk's smile returned a little, his demeanour softening, "Don't worry about it, sir. Like you said, happens to the best of us."

The Po-Toa's gaze shifted to the horizon, his eyes avoiding either of his superiors.

"I've done much worse myself..."

~ ~ ~

IC: The Toa beamed, "You will help me?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Reordin (Wanderer's Company Base, Le-Wahi)

"Yeah, I s'pose that's a good point," the Ko-Matoran grumbled, taking an unenthusiastic-looking bite out of the fruit, then another, then another, until he was six bites deep and there was no evidence the fruit had ever truly existed. A feeling of weariness hit him, unrelenting, seductive, and Reordin blinked several times, inhaling and exhaling: the typical Guard breathing exercises, however, did nothing to ward off actual burnout, and the lieutenant ran his hands over his face, trying to wake himself up.

"Thanks, Leah. I'm really glad you have my back, and to be honest, I think...I think...I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pass out."

Reordin collapsed onto the hay bale unceremoniously, asleep in seconds. He never got to say what he was thinking.

OOC: Wanderer's Company timeskip to next morning.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: ??? - Hospital; Ril's Room

Every being in the universe, no matter what their living condition, their circumstances, their destinies, will feel some form happiness at one point or another. One day, one moment, the stars will align, fate will roll the dice of luck just right, and something, no matter how big or small, will work the way you hoped it would.

And right now, even though the Great Spirit may have been sleeping, he was definitely smiling down on this particular amnesiac, in the form of a Ta-Toa with cracked ribs.

Quickly clambering to his feet, in an action with such force that the floorboards groaned and heaved under the stress, the mysterious Toa smiled so broadly that it looked like the entire top half of his head would fall off with slightest nudge.

"Yay," he shouted with glee, practically jumping up and down, "Now I won't flail around like a baby with a knife!"

In retrospect, it looked as if his experience with his Hordika foe was finally beginning to pay off, if only through the usage of his strange metaphors.

-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Stock's okay. Everyone's sleeping. I prayed. Everything's done for the day 'cept something I couldn't do earlier. Think about that last dream.

I close my eyes. Try to remember. It's a little blurry, cause it's been a while, but I start seeing it soon enough.

A guy in a cloak. That's right. A guy in a cloak just flew through the roof and hit the ground. And I'm looking at him, and so is the pistol in my hand.

"Name, race, kanohi, status, rank," I say, just like with Joske. "Don't move."

"Please," He says. "I have no time. I have to-"

"Name, race, kanohi, status, rank," I say again. The others are all talking, but I ignore them, because this is more important, plans are for then and this is now. Just like with Joske.

"You don't understand...! You need what I have to give." His hands fly to his cloak. "I'm-"

BANG

My pistol kicks a little. There's a heavy pause. He stops, stance frozen in time with hands at the cowl of his robes and words hanging in the air.

Then he crumples. Like paper.

Not like with Joske.

Everyone's quiet. I put the pistol back in its place. Walk forward. Kick off his hood.

Takua's Pakari is there with a little hole where one eye should be.

"What did you do, Sulov...The duty of a guard is to protect matoran, not murder them!"

"He was just trying to prove to you that he was Takua!"

"You took away our last hope of saving the island."

"You're no longer Chosen. Retreat to the karzhani from whence ye spawned, son of Makuta."

All of them are mad. I understand. I did a really terrible thing. But I look at Reordin to see what my last friend thinks.

He just shakes his head. His eyes are sad, though they're not mad. A little like he expected this.

"Sulov, go."

That's it. It got cut off, I think, and maybe I didn't remember all of it, but that's what I got.

So. Seems like this one is about what happened with Joske. But it's more than that. It's about what I do if that happens again, or what I will do at any time. Is it right to be suspicious of people just because they appeared in the 'wrong' time and place? Should I throw the weight of my weapons around like that, pointing them at people when they could kill with a move of my finger? How do I know that what I'm doing is really the right thing for people? Couldn't I maybe assume less, fight less, and get stuff done...And even if that doesn't work, isn't hurting people always bad?

Maybe.

I can't really think.

I need to sleep on it. That's right, when I'm rested, I'll see. I'll know.

Maybe.

I drift off with that in my head.

OOC: Part 2 coming soon.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: "So, how much farther 'til we get to Le-Koro, sir?" I asked Kethrye. I really needed to spend more time around these jungles, before I take a wrong turn and end up lost forever.

IC:

From the group's current distance, Le-Koro was completely invisible from the forest floor. It was entirely possible, if improbable, that they could miss it entirely if they had not already passed along the same way twice in so many hours. Good thing too, considering they'd had enough trouble returning the Turaga as it was. "Not far now," replied Kethrye. They were making good time back, without having to stop to greet the various people that had been seeking them out along the same path. They had already passed the place were Kiron and Sulkua had been recruited, and so he knew they were at least getting closer.

The marchers circled around Turaga Matau soon struggled past a patch of light shrubbery and found, at last, the elevator.

"And here we go," Kethrye said as he stepped onto the wooden lift, the Turaga and the others filing in. At the pull of a lever the platform began to rise into the air, like a latter to the tree-house of a city above. Kethrye glanced up at the Gukko birds and their riders landing on and flapping from the multilayered village the elevator was rapidly approaching. Hmm, perhaps that is how we'll get the rest of the Turaga home to their villages, he thought, drumming his fingers on the elevator's railing, cocking his head to one side in consideration. Might just work. I'll mention it when I can get a hold of Kongu, yeah.

Once the elevator reached Le-Koro's main level Kethrye exited the lift and set out to do just that, leading the others along the walkway in the direction of Matau's hut, which seemed a good starting place to seek the Matoran commandeer that had most likely been running things since Makuta's kidnapping of the Turaga.

Edited by Javert

IC:

Rynekk would find a hand on his shoulder, one that belonged to his superior, who was smiling rather awkwardly. It was actually rather difficult for Naona to really comfort people, especially seeing that she had never really been one for interpersonal relationships. The closest thing she had to a friend before meeting Ril and getting dragged into Tillian's madness had been Stronin, and most of their interaction had occurred during chases and arrests.

"It doesn't really matter if you screwed up in the past," she said. "Just focus on the now and do your best to help others."

It was surprisingly easy to see how bad she was at comforting people. Such was the life of a workaholic guard who was still adjusting to the fact that she actually had friends.