How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Gorag

Just English. During my High School years from Year 7 to 9 I was in a French class but due to being completely uninterested in learning another language, I failed completely. I could care less though, I don't plan on going to France anytime soon... not much of a big traveller. The only sentence I can actually say in French is 'Je suis un Baguette' and for those who don't speak French it means 'I am a Bread Stick'.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I obviously speak English, but I know a few words in French and German. Not enough to have for a full conversation with somebody from either of these countries, but a few words. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Je ne parle pas anglais.Yo no sé hablar francés.Oder Spanisch.Nó fiú na Gearmáine.Yeah, only one language over here.-Skar

Soooooo.... Irish, you mean?-Dovydas
The last sentence is in Irish, but the others definitely aren't. The first sentence sounds like French to me, and the third is German. Dunno about the others.

Je ne parle pas anglais.Yo no sé hablar francés.Oder Spanisch.Nó fiú na Gearmáine.Yeah, only one language over here.-Skar

Soooooo.... Irish, you mean?-Dovydas
The last sentence is in Irish, but the others definitely aren't. The first sentence sounds like French to me, and the third is German. Dunno about the others.
1. French2. Spanish3. German4. IrishI actually speak none of the above, just like I said. But those are languages I'd like to learn someday. Right now I only speak English.-Skar

English, naturally as it's my "Native/First" Language.I also speak a small amount of French and Spanish, enough of the former to say hello and goodbye, and enough of the former to have a basic, if slow and very simple sounding conversation.I also speak a slight bit of german.Oh, and i also speak Dragon.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

• 2 weeks later...

Arabic (mother tongue-Got an A in GCSE), English (first language-another A in GCSE :P), some French (second language-taught to me in elementary school and through junior high- can read properly but stutter a lot while speaking), and bits of German and Spanish. I am also great (no intention of being arrogant whatsoever) at mimicking English accents (English, Scottish and American) as well as Arabic ones (Egyptian-FTW!!!-, Saudi, Syrian, Jordanian and Lebanese). I have some interest in learning Japanese and re-learning French.

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

German (native tongue), English and some Italian. :)I suppose that my English is fluent (well, I hope so; I've ben learning it for 8 years already D: ), Italian is hard to learn. I try my best, but I keep making stupid mistakes >.< (Probabilmente non lo studio in modo sufficiente... :rolleyes: )... other than that, I enjoy imitating accents, no matter what language. :lol:

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 2 weeks later...

1.76 (1 + 0.25 + 0.5 + 0.1 = 1.75)I speak English, can comprehend spoken Chinese, and am learning Spanish, however, I absolutely despise the class (not that there's anything wrong with the language itself, but the workload and difficulty are frustrating), and will chose Chinese for my high school language credit, even if it means Spanish does not count and I wind up with 3 years. Also, the manga Bakegyamon has taught me Japanese prefixes and suffixes in their phonetic spelling (Sorry if it's not called that, I mean like Yugioh=Game King and Dorokozo=Mud Boy), which is useful for naming MOCs.

Edited by Chaos Makuta: Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Fluently, English and Lithuanian. I also know fair bits of Russian and French and smaller bits of German, though I'd love to learn more of it.I'm also kinda learning Japanese. By which I mean I have a friend who is actually learning Japanese and she sometimes teaches me a bit of it. But hey, I'm doing kinda good progress with learning the Kanji.Oh, and also fluent Nadsat :P

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I speak English and Spanish. Currently learning Russian. It's a fun language!(((D)))

broncos-banner.jpg

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'm fluent in English. I live in Australia so I'm more familiar with UK/AUS/NZ English (there's really no differences bar accents) than butchered US English. I know a bit of Spanish and I can kind of get the gist of a conversation in Latin-based languages because they share so many features and words with each other and (to a lesser extent) English. I couldn't speak them well, though, and there's lots of words I don't know. But isn't that what Google Translate is for? :PObviously this doesn't count, but I'm fluent at Python, and can hold my own in Java, Javascript and Ruby.

Edited by +ravrahn