Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Kethrye (Ko-Wahi wastes, nearing Ko-Koro) -

"Two things: why is Nuju dead and who is Ambages? Such a strange name." said Verak. Odd that no ones brought him as up to speed as we rode. Ah well.

"That's what we plan on finding out," Kethrye replied. "And Ambages. We have, shall we say, a complaint about his services. Remember when Pala-Koro's walls exploded when Makuta's servants came calling? That was him. Oh, he's also might be part of a conspiracy to take over the island and murderer the Great Spirit while he slumbers or something, that might be a factor."

"Don't look at me like that- Of course I'm goin' with ye to investigate a murder and break into a rich guy's house! How much more fun can ye have in a Koro?"

Kethrye's mouth twisted into a feral grin. "Good."

Edited by Javert

OOC: Hey, remember, Aclaraung ain't no Rithorak.

IC-Aclaraung:

Aclaraung again turned, his baleful glare falling down upon Hjalmar near him. His head cocked slightly, looking at the man, before he snorted in annoyance.

"Skakdi," he said conversationally, before turning away, "I know you don't really have anything resembling a brain, but I would hope that you know what a private conversation is. Please, leave."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC Thliveros"Um, sirs," Thliveros said, his tone indicating that he wasn't a threat. "The roof of the Sanctum isn't really the place for private conversations, so unless you want to draw attention to yourself," he continued, pointing with his two left arms to a gathering crowd of Ko-Matoran, "Could you go somewhere more quiet? There's a funeral going on in that building so... yeah."IC Genno"... what? Wait, never mind."

Ic: Ambages was under a lot of pressure at that moment but the shower helped him breath in relief as he made a plan. He had priorities to handle and they needed to be tackled as quickly as possible. Among them was the Komau he brought from Po-Koro -- why did he accept it in the first place? Wherever it was it would be a symbol akin to "HEY I'M LINKED TO ONEWA'S DEATH." It was a powerful mask but only in the hands of a toa or turaga, and Ambages was neither of those things. Another item to work on was trying to get Echelon to stand with him in the Cultured Gentry meeting, or otherwise have a way to have both protection and an ally to vouch for him in the hearing. And finally there was the matter of wooing Alyo to his side.

He shut off the hot water and rang the bell for his attendant. While he waited, he put the Komau in a box and sealed it. "Yes mass'r?" the manservant said.

"Take this box and have it stored in my bank's safe. Allow nobody to see the contents," Ambages ordered.

"Yes, mass'r," the servant said. "Is that all?"

"I think so, for now," Ambages said. "Oh, and if you see a shiny toa with a Huna come to the house, don't worry; I'm expecting company."

"Very good," the servant said and left the room, leaving his master alone in his halls.

Ambages slid a freshly cleaned scratchy overcoat on and tossed his old coat into a hamper for washing. He looked in the mirror and dabbed at his mask and armor with a cloth, wiping away the water in the crevices, and straightened his Kanohi a tiny bit for aesthetics. He put on his earmuffs with care and looked at the very image of success and sharpness in the mirror and left the bathroom for his business.

He had a thought: What if Alyo was useful to not just cast his scheming onto him but also as a way to guard his back with a toa when in the next Cultured Gentry meeting? Indeed, it would be a neat way to tie opposite ends of a rope in a neat bow. His delicate eats picked up movement beyond the front door and someone knocked three times. Alyo was right on time. The architect opened the door to take his guest in. "Alyo, welcome to my abode," he said warmly. "Please come in. I trust the food was to your liking?" he asked to start conversation as he led the toa through the foyer and into the living room, where a crackling fire awaited them. "Have a seat," he offered.

IC:

Eyes of liquid frost narrowed, while clawed clicked against the frozen roof as the massive creature turned its head slightly to the side to regard Aclaraung lazily. Under normal circumstances, to even approach one of the Ancient Ones as this that one did would be grounds for banishment, and an immediate loss of any honor and respect they had gained. Cast out and forever known as Honorless, stripped of clan and name. Even more so was the fact that this small one dared to speak in the language of those confined to the ground, not even civilized enough to use the language of the fliers if not their own language.

From that alone, this one did not deserve any attention. For, his scales were dull, lacking the beautiful shine that showed one's worth in society and amount of respect they deserved. He lacked a mask, a clear sign that he had been defeated in battle and had acted honorlessly during, and there for was weak in both mind and body. His physique was thin, starved, even, to those with as powerful frames as The One of The East had.

But he had wings, and that warrented at least some attention. Some. Less now, as the Dull-Red-One before him could not even keep his attention in one place. And that was on the beautiful creature he had so foolishly thought to approach with words of Those-Who-Could-Not-Fly. This One would give the Red-One the benefit of the doubt, perhaps letting the Insolent-One regain some small measure of honor before crushing him to the ground.

Speak,” came the voice in the tuneless language of the weak and flightless, musical and threatening, while resembling something like the beginnings of an avalanche. Only as much attention as the Red-One was worth was directed, and the liquid eyes more or less stayed focused on the Village of Ice before him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Aclaraung:

Aclaraung's own eye narrowed, disregarding Thliveros. He wondered...perhaps it spoke the old language. Or a dialect thereof. It wouldn't hurt to try.

"Shokal niu'loh, sohll'ke?" he asked, in the old language that he had known-Mata-Nui, the language that he had created and codified-hoping beyond hope that this youngling might know it.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

IC- Alyo - Ambages' Apartment

Alyo shifted his feet and brushed himself off once more, making sure his armor was as impeccable and polished as ever, just as Ambages opened the door and beckoned his guest in.

"Alyo, welcome to my abode," he said warmly. "Please come in. I trust the food was to your liking?"

"Yes, it was!" Alyo replied warmly entering into the luxurious apartment filled with fine statues and art. He thought he even recognized one that looked like Ambages, but didn't focus on it. "Thank you for directing me there; I'll be sure to return."

Ambages led the toa through the foyer and into the living room, where a crackling fire awaited them. "Have a seat," he offered. Alyo smiled and sat down, brushing imaginary dust off of his legs- a habit of his.

Ambages' house was cold, like most of Ko-Koro, even though he likely had the money to pay for more warmth. Alyo didn't mind- the cold was invigorating, at it kept him awake and alert.

Alyo cut to the chase. "May I ask the purpose of this meeting?" he queried, watching Ambages with curiosity.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Eniblad - Ko-Wahi Wastes

The immediate reaction Eniblad had once he'd entered Ko-Wahi was just how...not warm it was. It was the very opposite of warm -- it was so incredibly, unbelievably, ridiculously unwarm in this place, that the sheer shock was almost enough to send him falling to the ground. It probably didn't help that the only other place he could remember being in was the third warmest region on the island.

The flying Toa of Fire had no idea what anyone in the group was talking about, which was fortunate, as he was too cold to register anything anyway. But something important was obviously happening, and Eniblad managed to catch a few fleeting references to this mysterious "death" in the conversation. And, given how bad that seemed to be, whatever was going down was definitely interesting.

"When do we reach the rich guy's house?" Eniblad asked, the words garbled slightly from his cold-stiffened jaw.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic: "I wanted to speak with you because I am concerned, Alyo. I'm concerned about the Gentry and -- drink?" Ambages interrupted himself as he stood by the home bar.

"Yes, please," Alyo responded. "Scotch would be fine."

Ambages served the drinks while he spoke. "And about you. I'm not happy with how things were happening in Le-Koro. You're the most outspoken members of the Gentry, and rightfully so. You were kept out of the loop, and a loop you should have been in to handle PR responsibilities." He handed the glass to Alyo as he sat down across from the toa and observed the light from the fire flicker over Alyo's reflective polished armor. "But unlike the others in the Gentry, I want to help you understand what you're a part of and, more importantly, handle things.

"You have some doubts and questions about the Gentry, though. Maybe the best place to start is for you to ask me any questions you have so I can understand what you already understand and help you know what you don't understand. Feel free to ask me anything, my friend."

IC- Alyo - Ambages apartment

'Friend'. Was Ambages really concerned for him? Did he really consider Alyo a friend? Probably not. That wasn't going to stop Alyo from taking advantage of Ambages' kindness.

"Your generosity is quite appreciated." Alyo said, shifting in his chair and sipping at the scotch. "Thank you." He paused for a second, swirling his drink in its glass, before speaking again. "I guess what I am most concerned about can be summed up in one question: how important is the rest of the Cultured Gentry's input or ideas to Gaira or one of her fellow leaders. Are we just for show- Ornamental, so their power isn't so obvious? With their decisions in Le-Koro, I've been worried that we are just tools, necessary for their appearance but unnecessary for all the real decisions. Please persuade me that I am wrong."

IC: Hjalmar

The Skakdi made a face that I can only describe as "=/" and took a couple steps back from the draconic beings when the red one spoke. He stared up at the blue one, enraptured by his magnificence. He'd always wanted to meet one. He'd also always wanted to fight one, and to ride one. Neither of which he thought was very likely, but then again, meeting them wasn't likely either.

His heart quickened as he heard the red one speak in his own tongue. So this was the tongue of dragons? It was by no means a pretty language, but it radiated power.

His heart dropped a little, however, as he gazed into the eyes of the frosty one. In them he saw no warmth. Lots of pride, though. He didn't expect he would be able to have a formal conversation with either at this point. But then again, he was used to the cold. And he was hopeful.

For now, though, he contented himself with crossing his arms and watching them at a distance where their words were difficult to make out, grin returning.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Ic: Ambages's smile turned to a disappointed grimace, not at Alyo's question but at the truth of the matter. "Well, that's not too far from the truth," he grimly said. "The Gentry's top tier isn't even the director of operations, but a three-member panel of leaders. Gaira is one of those three. Niici can come up with new ideas and implement them based on the approval of the eleven-member board of directors, and that's the group you and I sit on. However, anything we approve or Niici wants to do can be overturned by the elder's intervention. They can also implement their own projects without our awareness, and the director does as directed.

"We aren't just ornamental, though. We have a great function as mediators and investors and we do have a higher share of the group than the regular members, people who just sign up to be a part of the Gentry for mutual benefits. But with that said... there are many ways we can be overshot," Ambages confirmed.

He sipped at his scotch and cleared his throat before continuing. "You spoke your mind at the last meeting. At the risk of sounding like a psychiatrist," the architect said as he chuckled a little, "can you tell me how you felt then?"

IC:

The frosty orbs froze over like like a lake of water in the The Drifts, his posture remaind relaxed, but it was clear that any any such interest had taken a blade-edge to it. The dialect was old, very old, having not been used in many cycles. The massive icy dragon understood it, of course. And it was not acceptable.

"Shok'al'ku'afo jy'loh'al yu no'al jyhl'ah," came the reply with a warning tone. Compared to Aclaraung's more rough version of the language, the larger creature's was musical, flowing like a mountain stream, with a meaing as clear as the cool waters. It was a warning, for one warning was all that was given. A breach in jyhl such as this was not to be taken nes'fyrn'afo.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC- Alyo - Ambages' apartment

Alyo smiled and laughed a little. His eyes drifted away as he thought, and they gazed into the flickering fireplace, watching the undulating flames.
“I wouldn’t say angry, really. Just… disappointed that the Cultured Gentry wasn’t all that I hoped. I resigned myself to that fact then- my focus was quickly drawn to the attack on Le-Koro- but now I feel more upset, with your new information. I do not think the elders should have quite so much power…”
Suddenly, it all fell into place, the pieces fitting perfectly like a puzzle. Ambages’ motives had become clear as glass, why he asked the questions he asked, why he had summoned Alyo, in particular.
Ambages wanted the positions the elders held now. He wanted to be one of the leaders of the Gentry, and he wanted Alyo to help him. He had chosen Alyo because the Toa had spoken out against the elder’s secrecy at the last meeting, and was not as loyal as the other members. Ambages wanted the position of power, and, if Alyo’s guesses about the De-Matoran continued to be correct, Ambages was going to get it.
“In fact, new leadership would be welcome…” Alyo continued, now looking straight into Ambages’ eyes. “If, you, for instance, were to make a bid for the position, I would be happy to help.”
Alyo wasn’t going to miss out on a conspiracy. He, too, desired power and wealth, and Ambages seemed the way to get it.

Ic: "Ah, I presumed you would be direct in your approach and it seems I was right," Ambages said, reeling from the abrupt stab Alyo made. Indeed not even the architect could have expected Alyo to be this quick. "Unfortunately, though, I'm afraid it's not within my ability to be an elder." Alyo was smart; had he seen through Ambages' veil? He hoped not. Someone that intelligent was dangerous to wield as a tool. He would have to be more clever than he planned and counter Alyo's decisiveness with... ambage ways, pun so very much intended.

"Putting either one of us on the elder's board would be incredibly useful, and I bet I would be more readily accepted with my Matoran status to fit right in. But, well, I haven't thought about actually doing it," Ambages said, appearing as if this was a relatively new idea for him. Still, he didn't seem to flounder or be evasive, instead meeting Alyo's look with his own pensive and calculated one.

"Still, I think we both agree that there is a time for change and the time is now." He perked up a little and flashed a simper. "And if we are to do this, I do have some rather delicate and incriminating information. I just don't have a way to use it..."

Alyo nodded, impressed by the cool face Ambages was holding up. The architect was very good at keeping a his emotions hidded, Alyo realized. Maybe too good? Perhaps Alyo was wrong in his deduction.
No, Ambages’ questions were too directed at Alyo's own unhappiness with the current elders- Ambages must want their power, no matter how good he was at hiding his ambitions.
The Toa leaned back in his chair and took another sip of scotch. He was never one for fancy conversation or subtle meanings, so he didn't waste time after Ambages revealed yet another nugget of information. “Well, do tell. Perhaps I might be able to think of something- I can’t give suggestions if I don’t know the data.”

Ic: "What if I told you," Ambages said with a spark of enthusiasm, "that Niici and the elders are in a loose alliance with the Makuta?" He let that sink in and his vigour faded. "You can see how this can be dangerous information. Reveal it carelessly and the Gentry can collapse on you, but let it trickle out and it can be rebuffed by the leadership."

He sipped his drink again. "Truth be told a good share of the Gentry's immunity to events and their direction of operations is in league, at least in part, with the Makuta and his minions, like the dark toa Echelon and Ronkshou. The Makuta gives them protection from major events and a steady flow of business in exchange for the Gentry's services in choking faith in Mata Nui and supporting the Makuta's ground troops. I found this huge gemstone in the mud, directly from a dark toa himself. He thought I was a part of the grand scheme and I played along with it until I could know the facts. Outside of the elders and Niici, the two of us are the only other members of the Gentry aware of this."

Alyo’s eyes widened as Ambages gave the information.
The Cultured Gentry? Working with the Makuta?
Suddenly this became much more than a simple grab for power. Once you started involving gods, things became more complicated. And the fact that Ambages knew one of the Makuta’s dark Toa served as a reminder of how influential Ambages was. That was impressive.
On the Gentry’s part, it made sense, even though it was the epitome of amoralistic greed. Even Alyo didn’t think he would stoop so low. Making a deal with the Makuta for profit…
Terrible…
Suddenly, removing the elders of the Cultured Gentry became more than a selfish power grab. Now, it was almost an act of charity.
“That is amazing.” That was all Alyo could say at first. “And you’re sure this is true?”
Ambages responded in the affirmative.
Alyo stared at the far wall, still shocked by the information. Another sip of scotch, this time to help him process the idea.
Silence stretched on for a couple moments as Ambages waited for Alyo to process the information, the only sounds the crackling of the fire.
“Blackmail,” The Toa finally said, still gazing off into the distance, “is the safest way to go about it. Although uninspired, sometimes there’s a reason a method is overused.”

Ic: "Blackmail?" Ambages asked with raised brows. "I'm not entirely sure how to go about that, honestly..." Once again, the issue of balance between too much and too little action became a concern, even in a rather simple strategy of blackmail. He let that idea tumble between Alyo and himself for a while, simply looking into the flames.

"I have an idea," he announced, still engrossed with the fire. "If we use that information to disgrace and depose one of the elders, there is a possibility we can lobby for my ascension to the panel. It keeps damage to the minimum and the information can be targeted like a sniper's bullet instead of a flechette scatter.

"If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that my impartial nature in the meetings and seniority in the body has earned me no enemies and that's a balanced strength I can use to bolster my claim. I can't lead the charge, though."

IC- Verak - ILF

Verak raised his hand. "Hey! I'm still here!" he grinned. "Two things: why is Nuju dead and who is Ambages? Such a strange name."

He grinned at the men around him. "Don't look at me like that- Of course I'm goin' with ye to investigate a murder and break into a rich guy's house! How much more fun can ye have in a Koro?"

He spoke the truth. For lack of a better thing to do, he had been riding with the Island Liberation Squad for hours, enjoying trying to tame his angry Kane-Ra and enjoying the mere idea that he was riding with a small regiment of righteous Toa-heores. Whatever they were doing, it was more fun that doing nothing in the jungle.

OOC: Argentum from Le-Wahi

IC: Argentum

As Verak spoke, Argentum slowly levitated upwards, and watched. He didn't have much business here - yet - but he recognized several back during the fight. AND he was confused as to exactly why Nuju was dead.

Something like that usually made him make it his business.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: [Arkrak]

"Sitting in bed is really, really boring," muttered Arkrak, watching as his friend stumbled around incompetently. "Hey Inc, how long do you think until I can get out of here so we can go do stuff?"

It seemed as if being the butt monkey of the universe was suffering, although that did come with the job.

I.C. Vompran, due to his lack of an arm, and having a peg-leg, was not able to ride a Kane-Ra like the others could. He had a heck of a time running, trying to keep up, but he was still good at one-armed leaf-running, for as long as there were trees. Vompran tiresomely caught up with the others, gasping between words.

"Kethrye, are we planning to split up, or do this all together?"

elementalussal.png

IC:A lone De-Toa sat in his cell, held within the Sanctum Headquarters. The bars were bent, the interference of an unknown Fe-Toa down the corridor. He had a chance to escape, if he could merely muster the strength to stand, to walk. It should have been easy. Walking was something so many took for granted, something so many appreciated without really understanding its worth. Krian could not muster the strength to move far, perhaps not even halfway down the hall. That was the curse the Valkyr, Anthyn, had placed upon him. She had robbed him of his strength, of his vitality.

But it was more than that. She had taken away his soul, his very essence. What made him, him. Mankind can overcome so many obstacles, so many challenges. They can push themselves beyond what they should be able to endure, beyond the limits of their mortal frame. But that is because of their spirit. Their drive, their determination. Their soul. Without it, Krian was nothing. His limits were imposed, set in stone, and limited even further by the Valkyr’s actions. Not only could he never again exceed the bounds of his body, his body itself was weakened.

Even if he could force himself to stand, to walk out of his cell, there was no point. He would follow Kai, and he would arrive too late. He would arrive too late, and people would pay with their lives. It had occurred so many times already, it was inevitable. No matter how fiercely he fought, how hard he tried, Kai would get away. And if he could not deal with Kai, a single Vortixx, he had no hope. No hope of defeating the one he sought vengeance against. No hope of beating the Valkyr, of reclaiming what was stolen. He had no hope of success, in any aspect of his life. His only goals, the only reason for his continued existence, were kept out of his reach. They defied him, mocked his weakness.

He had no reason to exist.

Such a defeatist outlook does not suit you, Krian the Soundblaster. It goes against your inherent will, your determination.

In his mind, a presence appeared. Though he had not truly realized, the presence had been there for a long time. It had appeared shortly after the ritual that took everything from him, shortly before Kai stole from him the one meaning left in his life. It had been there all along, but quiet, dormant. Though now, Krian realized, it wasn’t dormant. It was watching.

What... What are you?

You already know the answer to that question. The presence answered, drawing the De-Toa’s attention to what his instincts had been telling him. He had felt a consciousness like this before, though it was somehow softer. It did not feel malevolent, as the first had done. It was not kind. No, it was firm. But somehow.... He knew it was good.

You are-

No. Not like that one. Similar, yes. But very different. That one exists to bring destruction, to bring your world under her heel. And though you do not know it, there is another. Another like the one you know.

Another?

Yes. Far more recent, more subtle. But another has broken through.

And so, you seek to warn me. How noble of you, but I have not the strength to fight them. I have not the strength to combat their power, power that rightfully is mind.

You are wrong. You see yourself as permanently weakened, never again to be strong enough to fight back. You see your physical limits, and you give in. You see no solution, only defeat.

Am I wrong? My strength has been stripped from me, my very soul stolen. I am not who I was, I am a shell. A shadow of who I once was.

And yet, in your shade, you have found greater purpose than ever before. You once again have goals to strive for, you once again have the will to seek them out. No longer are you beholden to the undecided path of a mercenary, you have found your true path again. Those like you have not. One seeks to fill his days, perhaps regain the strength to kill the one behind this, and regain himself. Another follows like a lost pup, always yearning for something, though they have mistaken what it is they yearn for. A third has been destroyed so completely that even now, he is only beginning to regain his sense of self. The rest have fallen into depression, become angry and cynical, given up on the paths they were meant to walk.

And that’s wonderful. I have purpose. Purpose is nothing without the ability to fulfill it, without a way to follow it, to make it a reality. There are many dreamers, but only some have the strength to make their dreams reality. I failed to save so many, and only know do I start to realize how horrific it truly was. How much I had desensitized myself not only to my own actions, but the actions of those around me.

But you feel guilt. You see the horror. Even if it a sight only recently reawakened, it is one you followed, even while blind. You sought to end both of your foes, for vengeance. But inside the shell of vengeance, a core of justice was buried. Amongst all of you hate was a reason to put it right.

It is pointless. I have not the power to carry it out, no matter how much I might strive to.

You have given up already. It is disappointing, to see a will so strong brought low by a handful of failures. The deaths because of your failures should not deter you, they should be fuel for your will. They should be the reasons you fight to put things right, to make amends to the souls lost because of your weakness. You claim weakness alone forced your defeat, but that is not so. Your determination made you fight long past the point when anyone without your determination would have long since fallen. Physical weakness does not eliminate your drive for justice.

You misunderstand me.

I understand you better than you understand yourself. You have played the villain for so long, but even then you have clung to a code, a code so dear to you that upon breaking it you promptly gave up that path. Have you forgotten?

That was... It....

You try to deny it. But you can’t. For what point did that code truly serve? It prevented you from harming innocents, from harming the helpless. It helped to keep your conscience, in some small way, clear.

You have the will to win. You have the skills to win. You have the moral strength to do what must be done, even if it does not seem like the right decision to those around you. You have the mental fortitude to force yourself forward, even when your body demands to be allowed to rest. All that you lack is the power to do what you must.

And what is your point? I cannot fix that. I cannot restore that power. The one before you stole it, and I cannot take it back.

You are right. Your soul is lost, most likely for good. Nothing, not even her death, will change that. It is because of your lack of a soul, because of what was stolen from you in your brief contact with my realm, that I am able to speak with you now.But what if I told you I could give you that power?

..... You have no way to give me my strength back.

You are right. I don’t. But you do no wish to continue, do you? It is why you are content to remain here, in this cell, even though your fate is most certainly death. I cannot give you your strength back. But mine still remains.

You suggest that I surrender my body. My existence, so that you might come into this world, and do what I cannot.

Yes.

Without a soul, I will cease to exist, won’t I?

Most likely. Some part of you will remain, buried deep, but you will no longer be your own being. You will become components, parts of a greater whole.

A trade. My life, for the power to do that which is necessary.

Yes. I will come through to your realm, I will restore the balance. I will right the wrongs, and accomplish your goals where you could not.

This is my deal. Your body, for the power to do what must be done. Your existence, for the righting of the wrongs. Do you accept my contract?

For the first time in the days since his imprisonment, Krian stood. He did not shake, he did not sway on his feet. His posture was firm, assured. For the first time since Ga-Wahi, he was himself. Powerful, strong, and determined.

I accept.

Then farewell, Krian. Though you feel you do not deserve it, I think you shall find that your fate is not as grim as it seems. No, you are not bound for Karzahni. I think a much more pleasant destination awaits you.

Godspeed.

No sooner did those words pass through Krian’s mind, a blinding light fill his cell. The other prisoners averted their eyes, some in fear, some already blinded, and others out of reverence. For the light was accompanied by an overwhelming sensation of power, of angelic brilliance. Neither kind nor cruel, but always firm in its path. Guards raced forward, seeking to determine what devilry was behind the event, and what prisoner the effect came from. But even they were forced to look away, for the light was too bright, even when their eyes were tightly closed.

This was the bargain Atrin had promised. One life, one consciousness, for the power to put things right.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Kethrye (Ko-Wahi wastes) - Kethrye shrugged, turning to back towards Vompran. "Yeah, I guess splitting up would speed it up considerable, although we'll all have to confer with whoever in charge at this after. . ." he stopped himself before saying "Turaga Nuju's death". "Once we've sorted things out with the authorities, sending a couple of people to check around where the assassination went down while the rest of us focus on the architect shouldn't be much of a problem."

Edited by Javert

IC:

When the light finally faded, the De-Toa known as Krian was gone. In his place, a new being stood. His stance exuded an aura of quiet confidence, a silent power.

But that was not what held the assembled beings' attention. No, those were the silver wings on his back, spread out to the sides, stretching long dormant muscles. After a moment, they folded against his back. Firm eyes fixed on the guards, both in appraisal and in amusement. "I would ask you to move aside, but I know that you shall refuse."

Before the shocked guards could reply, the Valkyr shot forward, clapping their heads together with a crack. They slumped to the ground, unconscious. They would awake a short time later with no more than a headache. Ignoring the stares directed at him by the other prisoners, Atrin walked out of the cell, and down the hall to the storage room. It took but a moment to locate the item he sought: The disk launcher that Krian had taken from a Lesterin foe. Satisfied, he turned away, and traversed the hall to the door in several long, powerful strides.

He had work to do.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Alyo's eyes raised in agreement at Ambages' 'suggestion' (likely planned from the start of the meeting). It was a much more elegant plan than his own.

He turned his eyes away from the fire once again. "You want me to be the one to expose the information about one of the elders." Alyo said, bluntly stating the hidden information. "Do you have proof? Something we can use to show that one of the elders is negotiating with The Makuta?"

IC-Aclaraung:

So, he did speak the language. It was obvious that he had spoken it more recently as well-no matter. Aclaraung had created the language, and he would always know it better than this presumptuous brute. And so, instead of letting his temper flare like he would with a Mystix or any of the ground dwellers, he merely cocked his head in slight curiosity-and annoyance.

"Jyhl'ah?" he merely asked, and then uttered the short, growling laugh of the dragons.

"Buluk al niuha johl'ah sol'teka-U niuha bysha'ey sol gher'al suh Aclaraung, Ul-Dosatre, Ghure-te-hauk, truh te Sohll'ikan?"

profiles i guess

IC:

A hum came from deep within the creature of ice and snow, reverberating through his large body. His scales of ice vibrated, casting the area in dancing lights of blue and white. Serrated claws clicked against the frozen roof as the Ancient One finally turned to regard Aclaraung. It was then that the size difference between the two magnificent creatures was clear. While nearly the same length from snout to tail, the icicle-bearded one was almost twice as massive in sheer bulk. That, combined with his additional fore limbs, created an imposing visage that radiated power. His head was tilted to the side slightly, the equivalent of a partial grin.

"Hy maigh'e tut kut no fi yrak'ut fi lohe dse al no, asc hy dosatre neq kut wru'froh Nes'Laih'Ke," came the reply, the deep humming increasing.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Wokiya & Lekori – Ko-Koro Game Hall

“Okay,” Lekori said with competitive excitement. He glanced once to Wokiya and she shrugged her shoulders. They both walked to one side of the foosball table and began to grab the handles.

“Let me be goalie,” Lekori said to Wokiya as she gripped the two handles at the end of the table, “Take these two”

The Ga-Matoran clumsily moved to her right, past Lekori, and stood where he had stood, lookup at their opponents. She couldn’t help but giggle at how small the handles were inside the Toa’s palms. This was a Matoran’s foosball table.

Though it’s not like a Toa’s foosball table would have been very fair to Lekori and Wokiya.

“Ready?” Lekori asked Darien and Visenya.

“I have no idea what I’m doing,” Wokiya whispered to Lekori, and then shrugged playfully.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Ic: "We were born ready," Visenya playfully shot back. "Let's doooo dis!"

Game on!

She inserted the ball into the table and quickly spun one of her bars, catching the ball with the corner of one of the men and shooting the orb diagonally across the table.

• • • • •

Alyo turned to look at Ambages again. "You want me to be the one to expose the information about one of the elders," Alyo said, bluntly stating the hidden information. "Do you have proof? Something we can use to show that one of the elders is negotiating with The Makuta?"

"Yes, that would be preferable, especially if we want to see this through without a major fallout," Ambages said. "If I were the one to say it, it could backfire in our faces when we ask for my promotion. We... we should be delicate with how we handle this, even if it doesn't immediately affect us. The Cultured Gentry is one of the biggest and most powerful institutions on Mata Nui, and our failure can have consequences on people abroad," he warned truthfully.

"Proof, I have none," he admitted with a frown. It wasn't true; he had an iStone with information gleaned by the late doctor, a recording of the conversation with Echelon. "That... may be an issue," he fidgeted. But it was on purpose. He gave his side of things; now to see if Alyo could make his own strategy.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

“If we do not have proof, we need to find some,” Alyo said firmly, without the usual silences that had sat between the two aristocrats’ thoughtful words. The Toa was experienced in making illegal schemes like this one, so he was comfortable with the process and idea.
Admittedly, none of his own schemes had been anywhere near as ambitious nor as intelligent as this one- Ambages was without a doubt the better businessman.
But Alyo was by no means a bad one.
“We need to discover how the elite members of the Gentry communicate with the Makuta. I assume via one of his liaisons.” Alyo paused, formulating the next step. “If they leave no physical evidence during such a meeting, then we must manufacture a way to… well, get Gentry members to discover the meeting taking place. We will need to get a few renowned members of the club to accidentally walk in on the engagement. Or, if that approach proves impossible, I’m sure we could get our hands on some advanced technology capable of recording such a meeting.”
Alyo paused, then sighed. “Unfortunately, a plan like this would require much forethought and planning, as well as time- we won’t be able to reveal such information at the next Cultured Gentry assembly. However, I can think of no other way to go about this.”

Ic: "No doubt the communications happen in meetings between the elders and the missionaries of the Makuta -- Ronkshou, Echelon, the like," Ambages said. "And finding the time and place of such a meeting would be very hard to do." He didn't seem too content with Alyo's plan of a waiting game. The architect had many ducks in a row but there were too many gaps he didn't know. He mentally berated himself for not asking Ahkmou a few questions about the matter while he was in Po-Koro -- surely he would know something about it all. He would allow it to simmer a little longer befre moving on with his conversation.

“If you have any other ideas, let me know.” Alyo said, rubbing his mask with one hand, the other still clenched around his glass of scotch. “We need proof, and that’s the only way to get it. We can’t accuse the elders of betraying the Gentry on my word, or even your’s. It’s a terrible position, but one we are in anyways.”
Alyo slumped in his chair and slowly spun his drink, looking the tiniest bit deflated.

IC-Aclaraung:

Aclaraung tilted his own head to the side, looking at the larger dragon slowly. The shape of the scales, of the frill...the humming in his chest, and the eyes looking upon him.

"Okav'te'lai," Aclaraung said quietly, looking upon his son. "Oluka te sol..." He stopped a moment, and his eyes seemed to grow suddenly cold.

"Jehl ek luh ghet...ghut. Suhll luh." His face was carefully guarded, not even a hint of his inner turmoil playing within showing outwards, though he settled a cold glare upon Okav, the single indication of how he felt...and it was no indication at all. Not for one who had no interaction with the sohll'ah, the soulless...the Matoran and their ilk, as well as Skakdi, Vortixx, Akrainid, Lesterin, and others.

"Jed luh." The implied question there was simple. "Jed olok sol, teka Nes'laih'ke nec." In his tone, and in the slight hurt evident in his eyes, was his question known. Why? Why did you hide from me?

profiles i guess

Ic: "Indeed it is," Ambages relented. "Hm. Well, I'll see if I can come up with hard proof for the conspiracy, and when I do I'll be sure to share it with you. This all has to happen one way or another," he said with conviction. "The sooner we can put me on the triumvirate, the sooner we can start to fight back against the Makuta in the Gentry.

"And speaking of the Makuta..." Ambages said as he lapsed into a more somber tone, "I know what happened in Le-Koro troubled you -- the raid, I mean. If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel when you saw the Makuta's hand in action so blatantly?" he asked, a fatherly curiosity in his voice.

IC:

The larger dragon shifted it's gleaming scaled wings slightly, clearly uncomfortable with the current topic and question.

"Ke fer ek," he said softly. It was not a very specific answer, but it was all that he was willing to say. Mistakes were made when young, but honor could be regained in time. Holding such things was dangerous for them, especially them. "Buluk nec ek, rhea kut ase ku dosatre'teka. Vear Yra'te'laf fer nec luh, fi fha fi teka Nas'Laih'ke."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

“The sooner we can put me on the triumvirate, the sooner we can start to fight back against the Makuta in the Gentry.”
Yes, that was a fantastic way to see it. Alyo was helping out not only his own interests, but those of the island by weakening the Makuta’s hold on a powerful group.
Keep telling yourself that. A more sarcastic side of his mind told him
Alyo resolved to- things gained a certain shine when they were virtuous. Doing good things satisfied you, and seeing this power grab as a good thing made him happier. He would see this next venture as the noble thing to do.
"And speaking of the Makuta..." Ambages said as he lapsed into a more somber tone, "I know what happened in Le-Koro troubled you -- the raid, I mean. If you don't mind me asking, how did you feel when you saw the Makuta's hand in action so blatantly?" he asked, a fatherly curiosity in his voice.
Alyo’s eyes shut tight as the memories of Le-Koro’s raid flashed through his head. His failure. His inadequacy. He had let his opportunity to truly do the right thing slip through his fingers and he hated himself for it.
Why couldn’t he ever seem to do the right thing?
The response to Ambages’ question formed in Alyo’s mouth: “I don’t want to talk about it.” The response he tried to tell himself whenever he started thinking about his gross failure to do his duty.
But the words dissipated. Ambages’ tone was one that a father might have, hoping to know his son’s pain so he might help remove it. It was not the tone of a therapist, a fake concern, but one with warmth, one that Alyo had not heard directed at him for too long. He lived a lonely life. Perhaps it was best to talk about his emotions.
Wasn’t that the way to get rid of them?
“I felt that it was my duty to save Le-Koro,” Alyo said. “I felt that by being with the Cultured Gentry, I was serving my own interests. And I am. I wish I was brave enough to take up the mantle of hero like many have before me. I wish I wasn’t as greedy as I was now. I wish I had taken that opportunity to really make a difference. I wish I wasn’t too selfish to use my life and powers to help others. I am a Toa in body, but not in deeds.”
Alyo was startled by what he had just said. He had just bared his soul, opened his thoughts and feelings to another person like he had never done in hundreds of years. And he did not even know Ambages very well- was he really that desperate to share his feelings?
Maybe he just needed someone to tell him he was wrong.

IC: Darien - Ko-Koro Game Hall -

Darien didn't say anything, but he hadn't played foosball since well, since he'd been but a child. So he allowed Visenya take the offensive while he focused on being the goalie.

He smiled at how enthusiastic she was, it reminded him of when they were children, they'd played games like this often. Though that all changed as they got older and had to take on royal duties and other important matters, they just became to busy to have fun.

Though there was nothing to stop them from having some fun now, and after all those months of thinking his sister was dead and regretting not spending more time with her like they had used to, he wasn't going to miss the chance again.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Kethrye (ILF arriving at Ko-Koro) -

The village they rode into looked as if it it had gone through Karzanhi. Ice-build huts were shatter or patched with makeshift repairs, and the citizenry of Ko-Koro walking the streets seemed more distant then ever, hiding their sorrow and anger under the traditional stoicism of the tribe of Ice. Events had not been kind to Kethrye's home, even when compared with the other Koros. It did look better then it had last time the ILF had been in the vicinity, at least.

But that isn't saying much, though. Kethrye thought, dismounting from his Kane-Ra, and motioned for the others to to the same. Still, things will work out, night's darkest before the dawn and all that. The people of Mata Nui are stronger then any would-be-conqueror give us credit for, and we will fight for our freedom. Sure, we'll all most likely get ourselves killed in the attempt, but Makuta, these "Peer" piraka, and anyone like them won't have an easy time of it.

"Okay, first we're heading for the Sanctum," he said. "Once our business there is concluded, then we really get started."

Edited by Javert