Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

Ic: "As a matter of fact, I do," Ambages said, brightening up. "I have Xa-Koro." A few murmurs drifted around the room: What else was the little man going to claim, that he was the Makuta himself? "While the subjugation is not complete and the process rather long, it is safe to say that I do control the city and its denizens, without them knowing. An assault on it as well would be both redundant and foolish, because you cannot break a village that has already been broken. But I can offer the village as a base, a home for your kind away from the island that despises you. From there you can better plan and congregate in the name of the Makuta, and you can flourish there in my name as with the Makuta's."

Ic: "Then I would love to hear Iho's questions," Ambages said simply. He wasn't going to say everything right away; negotiating, when done well, was the art of sharing just the right amount of information at the right time. Despite the power Ambages had in this theatre, he still needed to seem like someone who listened and worked well, even with people he would not normally do business with. Saying too much could jeapordize his enterprises in any front, could make himself look weak or even cause the negotiating to fall through, and none of these were outcomes he desired. He needed to dangle the fruit but also make the targets feel like they were the ones in charge of it. His statement went for everyone; he would take anyone's question and was. It afraid of anyone's curiosity, it was just the answers that he needed to be careful about when he gave them.

IC (Echelon)Echelon tapped his fingers against his three-tined staff.Tap. Tap. Tap.Each clink of metal on metal was at once casual and a little threatening. The architect knew how to negotiate; but Echelon found his guardedness tiresome. Echelon's motto had always been 'Knowledge is Power', and he didn't like being kept in the dark, especially when he was expected to take part in an assault on a major fortified location with next to no intelligence on its defences and on purely Ambages' guarantee that they would be sabotaged.Then again, Echelon always prided himself on being...adaptable. Besides, his strength was in fighting from afar and keeping his opponents at a distance. Best to let his allies engage them first, and give himself a chance to personally examine the defences. Yes, that would work.The Necromancer looked down at Ambages."There is one other thing," he said. "Given your connections, I would like to make a...special request."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Suminaxe:​The Toa sniffed indignantly, "For not only claiming blasphemies against the great Makuta, but also for being a thorn in my side. Death is too swift a penalty for those who disobey the dark one..."Suminaxe fiddled with the claw in his left hand. While unsuitable for combat at this range, it could be handy for other occasions, turning to Iegesa, he spoke, "Do what you want with her, but don't kill. Death is peace to those who are meddlesome. A more suitable punishment for this one should be... More emotionally painful. Yes."

IC (Nawal):"Right here!" Nawal called out, waving a red flag. He was used to this weather, it was his job to find his way through it. They were near the gates of Ihu-Koro, and he felt the anxiety. How will they react? How much did it change? Would they even recognize him by now?
Lathon felt relieved once he heard Nawal's voice and saw the red flag waved through the powerful whiteness, and a flash of green colored armor. Nawal's robot arm. He trudged on through the snow until he was standing next to Nawal. "How do you Ko-Matoran stand this weather?" he asked, narrowing his emerald eyes.

IC (Nawal):"We're Ko-Matoran, we were made for this. I wonder how well a Toa of Ice could get through this.."Nawal walked further, keeping Lathin in sight. After a time of walking, he said: "We're here! It's just around the corner!" And he took off sprining towards his old home, showing more emotion than most Ko-Matoran would in one hundred years.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Ic: "I'm all ears, Echelon," Ambages said simply. "What can I do for you?" There was always the chance that he would be able to provide what the lieutenant wanted, providing it would be mutually beneficial for both him and Echelon. Anything to satisfy the highest bidder.

I.C. Zenex "The crystal belongs to a laboratory in Ko-koro that I work at. Or worked, rather. If you knew the whole story, you'd either let me go, or take the crystal for yourself."
IC Dymiun"Tell us the whole story, then. I've got the time."IC Fehron & co."Hey! Dymiun!" called Fehron. Dymiun turned to see Fehron, Botan, and Geon running over a nearby hill, with Takana, Tamaka, and Kohtak behind them. "I assume the situation is under control," observed Geon.
OOC: I'm going to have to go inactive for another while. :/I.C. "There you are... Vortixx, I hope you are ready to pay for your crime." "Not yet, I'm not. If you wouldn't mind my telling of the story?""Don't you just seem like a reliable person. Lying to us about the crystal in the hut. Yeah right."
I.C. Zenex "The crystal belongs to a laboratory in Ko-koro that I work at. Or worked, rather. If you knew the whole story, you'd either let me go, or take the crystal for yourself."
IC Dymiun"Tell us the whole story, then. I've got the time."IC Fehron & co."Hey! Dymiun!" called Fehron. Dymiun turned to see Fehron, Botan, and Geon running over a nearby hill, with Takana, Tamaka, and Kohtak behind them. "I assume the situation is under control," observed Geon.
OOC: I'm going to have to go inactive for another while. :/I.C. "There you are... Vortixx, I hope you are ready to pay for your crime." "Not yet, I'm not. If you wouldn't mind my telling of the story?""Don't you just seem like a reliable person. Lying to us about the crystal in the hut. Yeah right."
IC Geon"Fascinating... This crystal... is unique... I highly doubt a Vortixx would have one. A Matoran scholar, maybe, but not a Vortixx."
OOC: So you're back, eh? Let's pick up where we left off.IC Dymiun"Let him talk. And if he lies, I'll send him into orbit. Right, Zenex?"OOC: Dymiun can't literally send Zenex into orbit, but he can make the magnetic field suddenly repel Zenex and send him flying.

aouROFb.png

IC (Nawal):Nawal ran towards his old home, Ihu-Koro. He then saw his home, and was filled with joy. The sign had been knocked down but it might have been from a storm. As he got closer, his smile faded. Everything was covered with snow. This would be normal in any Ko-Wahi village, but he was stunned by how thick the snow was. If people were there, they would shovel the snow so the walkway would be open. It was clear that no one had been here in a while. The entrences to the huts, however, were not covered with snow. It was as if someone sloppily shoved away the snow to get in and out... and from the looks of it, it was quite recent. As he moved into the open space in the middle of Ihu-Koro, a hard thing to do when your feet sink a foot into the ground with every step, he saw figures covered in snow, laying in the snow."Lathon! Can you blow the snow off here? Somthing is not right.."

IC: LathonLathon noticed that the sign had fallen down. Hm... this doesn't seem right. Maybe there is a reason I've never heard of this village. he thought to himself. The snow was so thick in the village it covered everything, the houses even looked like they were made out of snow. The snow was so thick that Lathon did not dare step into it, fearing he'd be smothered by snow. He nodded and summoned a huge gust of wind and unleashed it into the village, blowing a huge amount of the snow into the air and away from the village.

IC (Nawal):Nawal was almost blown away by the gust of wind summoned by Lathon. Once he rubbed the snow out of his eyes, he gasped. Sprawled out on the ground, four dead skakdi lie. Nawal was even more shocked by their appearance, since he had never seen a Skakdi before. Their organic material had decayd to appear black and shrivled up inside their mechanical parts, giving them the appearance of an unwrapped mummy with spikes.Nawal backed up with a horrified expression on his face "M m m monsters!!"

IC: Lathon (Remains of Ihu-Koro)Lathon was shocked when he saw the four Skakdi lying in the snow. It was clear that they had been dead for a very long time. Their organic matter was almost completely decomposed, it had turned black. One of the skakdi was an skakdi of air, another was lightning, one was ice, and the last seemed to be earth. "No they aren't monsters, they are Skakdi." he said slowly. "I told you about them when you asked me about the new races that have come to the island." he said. Suddenly Lathon saw a flash of a memory inside his head. He saw the green skakdi lunging towards him. "What?" Lathon said shaking his head the memory already gone. Suddenly he had another flash, he saw the skakdi of lighting as she blasted a Ko-Matoran killing him. "Why am I seeing this?" he thought to himself.Suddenly it all came back like a wave crashing against the shore. A full fledged memory assaulted Lathon. He saw himself in the village, the snow fell lightly onto the ground. It was chaos, the skakdi were attacking Matoran and killing them left and right. They were strong, and equally as sadistic. Lathon could see their broad grins and their crimson eyes as they slaughtered Matoran after Matoran. Suddenly a powerful rage tore through Lathon, he lashed out attacking the skakdi. First he attacked the skakdi of air, slashing at him with his blade, before he'd then slashed through his arm. He knocked the skakdi back with a huge gust of wind before he'd stabbed him through his mouth, ending his life. The other three skakdi had converged on him then, attacking brutally. Lathon was greatly injured but slowly he killed them all. He saw another flash of his blade embedded in the earth skakdi's skull, then one of his blade slashing into the chest of the lighting one, before coming out of the back of her chest. There was so much blood, the snow ran with crimson. Lastly he'd slashed through the legs of the ice skakdi, leaving him laying in the snow bleeding and hopeless his weapon lost. Lathon had slowly walked towards him his blade dripping with gore. He'd never killed before this. He'd lost himself in his rage, his urge to serve justice, to remove these evil creatures from the island for killing an entire village. The ice skakdi pleaded for his life. "Please... I was just following the orders of our leader, and he's dead. Spare me, I can't harm anyone with my legs like this." he said pointing to his slashed off nubs. Lathon didn't care. "You don't deserve a swift end." he had said before he'd lunged his sword into the skakdi's throat, killing him. Lathon had then fallen onto his knees, great sobs racking his chest at what he'd done. The memory ended as fast as it had come. Like before Lathon slowly fell to his knees, the sobs coming again. He placed a green hand in the snow as warm tears fell into the snow, melting it slightly. "I... I remember now." he said. "I killed them... I killed all of them... because they killed your entire village." he said. That memory had been taken from him. He'd sealed it away inside his own mind, he'd been so upset with what he'd done he's purged the memory from his mind, and all the rest. He'd forced himself to forget who he was and what had happened to him. "I didn't get here in time, I couldn't save them." he said.

IC (Nawal):Nawal was stunned. No! It couldn't be! Lathon must be mistaken! Nawal ran to Serbi's hut, without saying a word. He swong the door open, fell to his knees and cried into his one good hand. Infront of him, his best friend who he had spent so many years with lay mutilated in the corner of the hut. His body had been cut through, and his flesh decomposed into his mechanical frame. Also, his mask had been stolen. Nawal sat there crying, unknowing what to do next. He wished this was all just a bad dream.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

IC: LathonLathon stumbled to his feet and followed Nawal. "Nawal please don't look in any more huts, you shouldn't see this." he said. It felt like a slap to Lathon's face that the one companion he'd meet in the entire island had been from the very village that he'd failed to protect. It seems that the universe would never truly let him forget what he'd done and his failure. Now Lathon knew why the Toa code didn't matter to him anymore, he'd destroyed it on that day when he'd slaughtered the Skakdi. He couldn't remember if there had been more of them, if any had escaped.

Edited by Flex Nard

IC (Nawal):"He.. was my best friend.."Nawal's immediate reaction was to be mad at Lathon for not being there in time, but he knew it was not his fault. Thoes... Skakdi things killed everyone he ever knew, and he never got to say goodbye. Why did they do this? If the Skakdi wern't monsters, then they had to have some reason to do this, but what would be an exuse to slaughter an entire village?"I must find out why they did this to my people! I must find out their motive. It's my duty fo find out, to lay the memory of Ihu-Koro to rest."Nawal slowly got to his feet and grabbed a nearby blanket. He walked over to the remains of his dearest friends' late body, lied him down, and covered his enire body with the blanket as he fought back tears. He then moved back to Lathon."Let's go to Ko-Koro, and warm you up. You must be freezing out here." Nawal said in a solemn tone.

IC: The Marksman"We should move to Le-Wahi," he said. "Nothing happens here."IC: The PredatorThe Predator agreed, though inside, she was reluctant to return to the place where The Hunter was killed/OOC: The Marksman and The Predator to Le-Wahi"There," he thought as he cleared out a shed and refurnished it into a crude clubhouse. "Ah, perfettos," he said outloud. "Not that big," he thought. "But a good start for the revival of La Dominazione. Now, I just need to find a few more members, well, actually, a lot more than a few."OOC: Anybody interested in joining La Dominazione? It's basically supposed to be a Sicilian Mafia type group

OOC: Moving from Ta-Wahi...IC: The frigid wind gusts of the mountains bit against the flesh of the Kane-Ra and its rider, Ronkshou. Obviously not taking the cablecar or any other form of public transportation Ronkshou proceeded through the rocky hills which proceeded to turn into mountains. After spending much of the day traveling, the high-ranking servant received a signal from the Makuta. The noble followers had just starting meeting at the shrine. Getting a renewed energy, Ronkshou reared the Kane-Ra and sped to the east in the direction of the shrine. It would still take some time for him to arrive, but he hoped he would make it there before the meeting ended.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Echelon)"Given your connections, this should not be very diff-"Echelon broke off. He could feel a thumping in the ground, getting more powerful by the second. The sound of gigantic hooves was audible from outside the hut, getting nearer.Now, if Echelon's guess was correct..."Gentlemen," he ironically addressed those present, "I think a friend of mine may be about to pay a visit."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: LathonLathon nodded, his tears had frozen on his mask. "Yes, let's leave this place." he said. Part of him felt bad for not burying the bodies of the Matoran, but in this frigid land the snow and ice was a grave enough, in a few hours the place would be covered again, and it would become a frozen graveyard once again. Lathon walked towards the gate, pulling his cloak around him for warmth.

IC:"Gentlemen," he ironically addressed those present, "I think a friend of mine may be about to pay a visit."The rumbling sound abruptly stopped, and it was replaced by a softer crunching of the snow. After a few short moments, a red and blue cloaked Toa walked inside. Ronkshou looked around the increasingly crowded gathering spot of the followers of Makuta. The setting was dim, and the Infected Toa could tell that some beings here were apprehensive at first. Such feelings were immediately calmed by the noticing of the rusted and pitted Hau that Ronkshou wore, which also happened to be the symbol for the Makuta.Ronkshou couldn’t help but grin at the irony, how a symbol that sparked fear into the hearts of hundreds of people on Mata Nui was soothing, reassuring, and uplifting inside this dwelling. He also noted that most here did not know too much of the Infected Toa, likely hearing only rumors and some occasional news stories. This wasn’t in error, for Ronkshou had been in Mangaia. He was letting the only being that stood between him and the Makuta in terms of power and rank, Heuani, enact most of the Makuta’s wishes. This would continue to be the case for much time to come, but Ronkshou was here for something specific. He recognized Ambages standing there as well, and he hoped and reassured himself that the Cultured Gentry member knew what to say and what not to say.He lowered his cowl and spread his arms in a welcoming fashion.“Greetings, followers of the Makuta. My name is Ronkshou. I do not want to seem redundant after being already addressed by Heuani and Echelon, thus I will simply state why I am here”, the Infected Toa said, “Not every supporter of the Makuta is as fortunate as you all who are here. Some fear capture, or even death, and thus can’t give their contributions in the same manner as you might”Ronkshou took a step forward, and he was now standing beside Echelon, “This is where my duty has been placed, at least for now. There is a band of Matoran worshippers of Makuta who have access to aid that you will need in order to win this war: equipment, medical supplies, weapons, everything you might need. I’m here to get you acquainted with the liaison that will be transporting these goods to you”Ronkshou then walked up to a table that was near the end of the room. He took a map out of his pack, unrolled it, and spread the map out onto the table. It was a standard map of the island of Mata Nui. As he spread the map out, he looked up at Echelon and the people.“Ahkmou, Makuta’s most prized Matoran supporter, needs to know where you meet you, so that he and his band of outlaws can give you what you need,” Ronkshou explained, “He lives on one of the many islands that lie off the coast of the surface of Onu-Wahi, but he has the resources to take his supplies to wherever you agree to accept them”OOC: TL;DR: Ahkmou has the same type of stuff that the ILS has and I’m pretty sure you guys don’t have any of it. Pick a spot to meet and the CG-sponsored goods will be handed over. Remember: only Echelon, Ronkshou and Ambages know about the CG’s secret.

Edited by Emzee

IC, Zenix: Zenix looked over at Echelon and the other gathered followers of Makuta. "I believe that it would be dangerous to send the supplies to our cave in Tiro Canyon or here in this shrine, so I suggest sending them to someplace in the Kumu Islets. Somewhere in Xa-Koro, perhaps?"

Edited by Sam Nex

IC (Echelon)Echelon gave Ronkshou a respectful nod as he entered. His fellow Dark Toa was of a higher standing with the Makuta than he was, and accordingly Echelon gave him his due."It's good you're here, old friend," he said. "We will need all the aid we can muster in the coming war."While not showing it on his face, the Necromancer was delighted to see Ronkshou; it confirmed that Makuta's attention was on them (more importantly, on him) and the offer of such equipment was welcome indeed. At this rate, the attack on the ILS would be less of a siege and more of a slaughter.Zenix looked over at Echelon and the other gathered followers of Makuta. "I believe that it would be dangerous to send the supplies to our cave in Tiro Canyon or here in this shrine, so I suggest sending them to someplace in the Kumu Islets. Somewhere in Xa-Koro, perhaps?"Echelon nodded."We cannot hope to transport large quantities of supplies over great distances without attracting suspicion, nor would they be safe in either of our currently available locations," he said. "We should set up a safehouse in Xa-Koro."He turned to Ambages and Iho."I trust you can arrange this," he told the two of them, before turning back to Ronkshou."Ronkshou," he said quietly, "would it be possible for me to make a special order? I would assume Ahkmou has the resources for the items I have in mind..."

IC: Ronkshou raised an eyebrow.“I can make no guarantees, but it is likely that the former Kolhii ball salesman will have it,” Ronkshou said, his deep, rumbling voice reminding many of the Makuta himself, “What is this request?”

IC (Echelon)"It is a very specific request," Echelon replied, "and it may be no mean task to acquire, so naturally I will be willing to pay in whatever means is necessary. I want three balls of solid Protosteel, each one inch in diameter, flawless, and perfectly spherical. I'm sure you can understand why I would favour such items."OOC: I know this is a long shot, especially since I don't know what the status of Protosteel in the BZPRPG is ;)

IC:Feongul felt a small shiver run up her spine as the Master of Shadows's lieutenant entered the shack that housed the Cultist's shrine. This was not someone she hoped to tangle with, even more so then Echalon."Ah, if you decide on setting up a safehouse in Xa-Koro, perhaps we should send a portion of our group ahead ot get things set up there," she said, turning her head from Echalon to Ronkshou as she spoke. "It would save some time, at least."The Fe-Matoran took a small breath before adding: "I could help whoever would lead a team dispatched there; I've lived there long enough to know some possible locations to set up shop."

IC: IraIra watched the infected toa with both suspicion and with awe. "Third time somebody's randomly dropped in; this one however should't be a problem." He silently listened to the conversation between the two dark toa. If things were as good as they seemed, the attack should't be a very by problem anymore.IC: The MafiaThe Mafia decided to start recruiting, then changed his mind. He needed to make a name for himself as the strongest gangster on the island before people would even consider joining him. For that, he would need to rise in power, and the best way to do that would be through the path of corporate enterprise. But what to sell?

IC-Praggos:"Well, that bloody, good-for-nothing Toa," Praggos growled, stumbling out of his house, his satchel on, but minus one wine bottle. "Not coming like I asked, the bloody nerve...Probably went off back to Ga-Koro too, the stupid Brakas..." his eyes slightly crossed, the thoroughly drunken Toa of Ice stumbled out of Ko-Koro, onwards toward Ga-Koro, his mark somewhat fueled just by the the condescension he felt for Dorian's lack of punctuality and keeping to any commitments...that he may or may not have agreed to, Praggos didn't know that. Oh well, Dorian didn't do what Praggos wanted, so Dorian was obviously a lesser being that deserved nothing but being involved in weapons testing. Same with everybody else on this Mata-Nui forsaken island, really.OOC: Praggos to Ga-Koro.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: The MafiaThe Mafia decided to go to the marketplace. He needed an inspiration for what to sell something cheap and easy to acquire, but would turn up a huge profit. He packed up his things and headed out.While he was at it, he thought about his name. He couldn't remember his real name, but calling himself "The Mafia" would surely turn a few heads. He needed another way to address himself. Then, a voice crept into his head. "Vincente Laureti..." the voice said. "Is that... My name?" he wondered aloud. "Vincente?"

Edited by Constructman

IC (Nawal):Nawal walked to Ko-Koro in scilence with Lathon. His entire village was killed, he should have been there! Or was it fate he was frozen? Either way, he entered Ko-Koro mentally grieving for the loss of his village, and wondered if the memory of Ihu-Koro was forgotton or not. He went up to a random Toa (The Mafia) and asked:"Um, exuse me, I have a question for you. Do you know what Ihu-Koro was? Or has my village been forgotton?"

IC: Seba, Niici's HomeA quiet whistling was heard echoing through the rooms of Niici's home, though no one was around to hear it.The creator of this sound was an impeccably dressed De-Toa, currently engaged in dusting the the tops of the shelves. He knew exactly when his employer was due to be home, and the tasks he needed to accomplish before then.He needed to finish dusting, and sweep the floors. He needed to make sure the pantry was stocked with the usual items, and he needed to prepare a light refreshment for when Niici returned, as usual. All in all, his work for the morning was rather light. Certainly not enough to fret about how much time he had left. He might need to make a run to one of the local shops for a few things, but other than that, he didn't have much left to do.But, one must always be ready. You never know when you might be needed. He reminded himself.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG