BIONICLE Mafia: Karda Nui Nightwatch

Art Vandelay

Of course. Didn't you read the role descriptions?

And Burnmad, this is different because here, the Mafia actually has the ability to, uh, un-estrange both of their separated members; additionally, the estranged Mafiosi don't know they're Mafia until they're activated. In my opinion that's enough difference. In fact, both Sleepers could theoretically have been activated in the first round, if the events of night four had happened on night one. ;)

The general idea was to give the Mafia potential information-gathering mole-type players. In theory this would work perfectly, because pre-activation, a sleeper agent who says they're innocent doesn't know they're lying. :D

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

YEAH, DAPPER

I mean yes, I suppose that is the case.

In your game, though, the Mafia needed to risk revealing themselves in the chat and PMs, whereas here there's actually a game mechanic for activating sleepers.

but their spirits

Yeah, but my mechanic forced them to be innovative as to how to get their agents to PM them. But let's quit arguing about it, the point is, the only reason everyone raged hard about mine is because they accidentally killed their Doc. =P

- :burnmad:

Yeah, but my mechanic forced them to be innovative as to how to get their agents to PM them. But let's quit arguing about it, the point is, the only reason everyone raged hard about mine is because they accidentally killed their Doc. =P

- :burnmad:

*Cough cough* like in 12? :P (possibly)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Whoever they are they need to hurry up. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

It's okay, I just act impatient for the long-running joke. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

How I hate writers block.One of my banes during 0.3, that and the dwindling playerbase. The irony is that by the time it started to lift, it was closed before the final scene.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Hey, RG, Chro has a life. =P

@ShadowVezon Want me to make an blog entry for the final scene? It can double as a discussion entry too.

Not my fault I usually have to stay late for band. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Night Five: Lampshade

It was a dark and stormy night.

Well, it wasn’t too stormy, actually. Just a few angry-looking clouds rolling in. It wasn’t really raining yet.

Xaeraz had received an anonymous tip that two of the Brotherhood’s killers were out and about, looing for someone to kill. He called a meeting in his house. Six Matoran attended, including Canis, Burnmad, and the guards.

“Now, before we discuss anything,” Xaeraz said, “Tanma has decided to disguise himself, so the Brotherhood won’t find him so easily. But he is here among you tonight.”

The guards nodded at each other. They actually knew Tanma’s disguise, which was probably for the best.

“Alright, since that’s out of the way…” Xaeraz flicked a light switch, turning on a lamp in the corner of the room. “We have word that there are two Kra-Matoran out hunting at this very moment.” A murmur of alarm ran through the circle. “Don’t worry. There’s almost zero chance that one of them – let alone both of them! – could be in this very room.”

“Zero chance?”

“Yep, that’s what I said.”

Burnmad grinned. “Well, you’re half right. Both of them are not in this room.”

Realization dawned on Xaeraz. “You’re… are you…”

An awkward pause ensued as they waited for the spine-drinker to finish his sentence. He didn’t, though. He just shrugged and went to get a glass of vertebrae.

“Um, okay,” Burnmad said, as he stood up and pulled out a sword. “I thought I would make a dramatic reveal, but nope, I guess that’s ruined. I’m just going to kill you now.” With that he walked over to Canis.

He held his sword up to the Matoran’s throat. “I know that’s you, Tanma. Your disguise can’t fool me.”

“Wait, no, I-“

Canis Lycaon, Matoran, killed by Vultraz.

“Oh, whaaat? I was so sure it was him, too!”

While Burnmad – otherwise known as Sleeper Agent Vultraz – stood confused over the body of Canis, the guards leapt up to apprehend him. It seemed he was too confused to notice.

However, his distraction was feigned. As Muaka rushed him, Burnmad spun out of the way and slammed the hilt of his sword into the guard’s neck, knocking him down. He then turned to Kane-Ra, smacked him in the face a few times with the flat of his blade, then kicked him into the table. As Xaeraz had yet to return from the kitchen, Burnmad was apparently free to kill all the remaining Matoran in pursuit of Tanma.

As the Kra-Matoran slowly approached the cowering innocents, he heard a noise from behind him and spun around to face…

“A lamp?”

“Yes,” said Tanma. “I was disguised as a lamp this whole time!”

Burnmad was then killed by a lamp.

Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons, Sleeper Agent Vultraz, killed by Tanma.

Xaeraz walked back out of the kitchen. “Aw, man, I missed it.”

“Yeah, that’s really too bad. The lamp disguise was a very bright idea.”

Xaeraz’s face then turned somber. “I’m a bit saddened by all this, though.”

“Yeah, I know… Canis is dead…”

“Nah, I don’t care about that!” Xaeraz said. “It’s just, the Brotherhood agent was killed, so there’s not going to be any voting tomorrow morning!”

He then phased through the fourth wall to go host another Mafia game, which inspired the host of Nightwatch to institute something new, which can be seen below.

Night Four Summary

Canis was killed by Burnmad; Burnmad was killed by a lam- uh, Tanma. The guards made an investigation as well.

The following change to the game is now in effect:

Since there have been three nights in which there were no suspect lists, Tanma will from now on receive a suspect list every time he kills. To balance this, the clues for his identity in the scene will be more subtle than those for the Brotherhood. I feel kind of bad having the entire game focus around the night roles with nothing for the non-roles, who can only vote, to do. Should’ve planned this earlier and I apologize.

So, anyway, that starts this round.

Suspects in the killing of Burnmad, the second Sleeper Agent:

Pupwa21

Falcon Lord

The Dapper Man

Unit#phntk#1

Sinclair

You have until 8:00 AM EST on February 22nd to vote.

Additionally, please note that Xaeraz is included in this scene purely as a character; any actions he performs do not reflect on his actual self. Except maybe drinking spines.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I don't entirely understand. Does this vote have any effect on anything? Like, does the Brotherhood assassinate whoever gets voted for?

Uh, no, it works like a normal hanging. Whoever gets the most votes dies.

You may have to be strategic and vote for people who you think are not Tanma (like in Mafia XI).

but their spirits