Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

If you have characters in Po-Koro they might notice some papers on the doorways of local buildings that say the following:---WANTED--- Quoribay Fe-Matoran with metallic colored armor Last seen on the road to Ta-Koro wearing a Kanohi Pehkui Wanted for theft as well as breaking and entering Bring him to the Po-Koro Guard Alive for payment of 500 WidgetsIf you have nothing better to do, your characters might want a payday of 500 widgets for catching my theif Lovable Rogue!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

If you have characters in Po-Koro they might notice some papers on the doorways of local buildings that say the following:---WANTED--- Quoribay Fe-Matoran with metallic colored armor Last seen on the road to Ta-Koro wearing a Kanohi Pehkui Wanted for theft as well as breaking and entering Bring him to the Po-Koro Guard Alive for payment of 500 WidgetsIf you have nothing better to do, your characters might want a payday of 500 widgets for catching my theif Lovable Rogue!
I've got nothing better to do, so I sent Matatu after him.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Alright, I have an important question for y'all.As any of you who have been here for any amount of time know, a while back, a player called Kalama designed the Ga-Koro Marines from the ground-up. Their history, important figures, and every little detail about their organization. Shortly thereafter, he recieved a temporary ban, and has not returned.BioBeast and I are starting the Marines (As in Ga-Koro Military) up again, more than the odd member here and there. And we feel the old organization doesn't work well with the setting of the game, nor the actual group.Would anyone here object if the setup was torn down, and rebuilt from the ground-up?Speak now, or forever hold your peace. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Alright, I have an important question for y'all.As any of you who have been here for any amount of time know, a while back, a player called Kalama designed the Ga-Koro Marines from the ground-up. Their history, important figures, and every little detail about their organization. Shortly thereafter, he recieved a temporary ban, and has not returned.BioBeast and I are starting the Marines (As in Ga-Koro Military) up again, more than the odd member here and there. And we feel the old organization doesn't work well with the setting of the game, nor the actual group.Would anyone here object if the setup was torn down, and rebuilt from the ground-up?Speak now, or forever hold your peace. :P
No.I talked to Biobeast about this: Kalama's left. And he wasn't that good of an RPer anyways. You're free to do as you like.Project your own interpretation of what the Marines are onto the org. As long as it's reasonable (no laser cutters), it'll be chill. Might even revive a dead guard force.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I'd actually prefer it to be less complicated (especially the ranks). It needs someone in charge (Kotu, perhaps?), and simpler ranks, and standardised weaponry (I believe bamboo poles were settled back in MNOLG) and, and, and...Okay, I'm getting carried away here. The point is, I don't have a problem with it :P

Question, how much of the Mata-Nuian forces have been established? We have spoken about relatively specialized squadrons in the Gukko Force, Guard, Sanctum, and Ussalry but what about the regular troops.
I and KNI have jointly (and a little roughly) established five 2-squadron regiments in the Ussalry:1-Spec Ops. The Special Operations branch doesn't use ussals; unlike the other branches, it is devoted specifically to covert missions and the like. A notable member of this is Matrapolix.2-Light Cavalry. This branch of the Ussalry is armored lightly and with ussals built more with speed than endurance in mind, wielding saperka and the crossbow. The only notable member thus far is Regiment Commander Gyn Kirsug.3-Medium Cavalry. Medium Cavalry in the Ussalry wear mail coifs under plate and use the qiang, crossbow, and saperka. Their ussals are a balance of speed and endurance. The only notable members of this section are the Squadron Commanders Krovuz and Kruzov.4-Heavy Cavalry. Heavier than all regiments before them, this one has the most durable ussals-they can travel at a good pace for up to a day and then charge up to seven times assuming they are moving on flat ground. The typical armament is saperka, lance, and repeating crossbow, with other weaponry or a different choice of polearm optional. Notable members of this crew include 7th Squadron and the NPC Regiment Commander Arkom.5-Artillery. This highly specialized regiment is composed of primitive ballistae-drawers and the like. There are no notable members of this regiment as of yet.I'll get on making an entry for this.EDIT: Entry'd. I'll link when I have access to a comp that allows me to. Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

No.I talked to Biobeast about this: Kalama's left. And he wasn't that good of an RPer anyways. You're free to do as you like.Project your own interpretation of what the Marines are onto the org. As long as it's reasonable (no laser cutters), it'll be chill. Might even revive a dead guard force.
I could get Treize as the captain of a boat for the Marines to move around on.

He means that we've only seen specific parts of the militaries.
I'm pretty sure we've seen the entire military of each koro. Each town has a completely different sort of military.Onu Koro has the Ussalry, mainly consisting of Matoran riding Ussals.Le Koro has the Gukko force, of matoran riding Gukko birds.Ga Koro has the Ga Koro guardAnd so forth. Just because the militaries are all specialized doesn't mean that they all have average ground forces. Any more than this is basically created by us.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

You key detectable what I mean. I meant that we know the entire mitady exists, but only in vague terms.Also, unless people disagree, we are doing away with the Kalama-centered back story for the marines. Completely. The Raiders still happened IC, but their involvement with the military's formation is gone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

@Hubert That'd be cool.As for the Sanctum Guard, so far, I've made reference to a more militarized arm, and a more police-esque arm.
Don't forget the 'Manipulative Brakas' arm, which is the part that Praggos is in.
Although a "Manipulative Brakas" is more of what he actually is than what part of the military he's in. :P Edited by Sam Nex

Yes, get rid of Kalama's backstory.It was funny when Lashev was getting thrown around by a Toa-sized Ga-Matoran, but no longer.EDIT: @Xemnas: Bro, they're Ko-Koronan* in the Sanctum Guard.They're all rather smart.I think that entire group just manipulates all the other groups into doing stuff for them.*Signifies the people living in the realm, not the Matoran themselves.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

If any of you have characters in Po-Koro, you might notice this sign:Mercenaries wanted.Good payReport to Vorasku in Po-Koro.If any of your characters wants to join Kulamus's orginization, read the signs.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

At Krayz, yeah go ahead and rebuild! I'd love to help with it, even if I can't add a character (too busy) to the group I am happy to help with creation ideas and all that. I was actually wishing the marines had a ranking system for elemental users, so if a toa wanted to join, they'd be given a title based on their skill level of elemental, mask, or physical prowess (or intel)...Oh yeah, and Mr. Wade: go ahead and play Atvin anytime... I'm just discovering a bunch of vg engines (like unreal and crytek 3, and unity..) and playing infinity blade 2, so I am happy to do some good ole' writing. :P

Edited by Kughii

I was actually wishing the marines had a ranking system for elemental users, so if a toa wanted to join, they'd be given a title based on their skill level of elemental, mask, or physical prowess (or intel)...
Go here to give that input. Or if you want to decide much else about the Ga-Koronans. It's all up the air right now.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

At Krayz, yeah go ahead and rebuild! I'd love to help with it, even if I can't add a character (too busy) to the group I am happy to help with creation ideas and all that. I was actually wishing the marines had a ranking system for elemental users, so if a toa wanted to join, they'd be given a title based on their skill level of elemental, mask, or physical prowess (or intel)...Oh yeah, and Mr. Wade: go ahead and play Atvin anytime... I'm just discovering a bunch of vg engines (like unreal and crytek 3, and unity..) and playing infinity blade 2, so I am happy to do some good ole' writing. :P
Is that wish due to Kriigata?Speaking of which: Toa chars in the Ussalry can either be in the Spec Ops or within a position of command. However, do note that both are fairly limited in terms of number. The standards for Regiment Commander and Lieutenant Regimental are high and require people capable of beauracracy as well as commanding. And the spec ops has similarly extreme standards for its areas.

[Profiles]