Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

True but it does help clear up certain plot points. For example nobody has answered my question of how a guard of 50+ or so Matoran could secure a village against a small group of Rahkshi.Now I believe it could be done but then I'm going to get complants of something similar if my Raiders managed to take down even 1 by themselves no matter how masterfully I write it so that they won by the skin of their teeth.

Easy answer to your point: the group of matoran are expected to die if that happens. The guard units of the Koros, while being the best each Koro can offer, are nevertheless too weak to resist any real assault for long. They're more of a ceremonial comfort to the Koros than a legitimate protective force - that's where Toa come in. As for the renewed grumblings about Tuck's absence: Stop it. His business isn't your business to speculate about. Whatever he's up to, I'm sure that it is important, because Tuck loves this game and doesn't leave it unless he has to.

test2.png

@ Cool-Aid: The Daedra? Who were they? I was here for the last RPG, but I never heard of them.

A toa team following Makuta. Their name did come from TES, but in-game, it is derived from archaic matoran for 'sinner'. It had seven members, each themed around -and called by their comrades-one of the seven deadly sins (wrath lust avarice acedia gluttony greed & envy). The team had many elements of the homunculi in FMA as well.
Glad someone could explain it.There have been two interpretations of the team so far. The originals (who I made with Munki and Nihi) back in 09, who utilized demonic powers to serve the Cabal of Cruelty. They had multiple races in that group. The second interpretation was the one from the previous reboot, in which, they were all Toa. Third one is in conception. :evilbiggrin:

The Daedra was a group of beings that included chracters named after, and based off of sins.MIRACLE CACTUS.-Snipe

That too. :P
Since this relates to the Daedra, I figured I should give an update:I -- and Sloth by extension -- will be returning officially tomorrow. Just so y'all know. So the Daedra [re]formation can happen at any time. :POne point though -- perhaps we should start PMing the planned group members now and figure out when we want to start the joining process? Otherwise we might slip into inaction again like we did after originally deciding to remake the group... X3 Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Still no-one contacting the Mystix in Ta or Po-Koro?

We don't know where Josh is and we (by that I mean you all, lol) can't do anything about it, so we can only do what we've done. No sense brooding on his disappearance.

TUCK'S REAL NAME IS JOSH? :oAnyhow, I will make a blog post for discussion of Tuck's disappearance, 'cause this is getting REALLY off-topic. Find it here. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

I like making blog posts for everything. It's fun. :)And I know Nuju said to stop talking about it, but it's inevitable that people will end up doing so again, thus the blog post. (No offence, Nuju. I understand why you're saying to stop discussing it here, that's exactly why I'm making the blog post)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

And I know Nuju said to stop talking about it, but it's inevitable that people will end up doing so again, thus the blog post. (No offence, Nuju. I understand why you're saying to stop discussing it here, that's exactly why I'm making the blog post)

Indeed. Do whatever you want in blog posts; that isn't my jurisdiction, and I have no power to stop you. But I nevertheless urge you, as a friend and coworker of Tuck's, not to speculate about the reasons behind his absence. They are a mystery to all of us, yes, but it just isn't respectful to keep dwelling on them.

test2.png

Indeed. Do whatever you want in blog posts; that isn't my jurisdiction, and I have no power to stop you. But I nevertheless urge you, as a friend and coworker of Tuck's, not to speculate about the reasons behind his absence. They are a mystery to all of us, yes, but it just isn't respectful to keep dwelling on them.

Not so much to the point of dwelling on them, it is just a little creepy when people go OTT with theories, the post is just so that people have somewhere other than here to discuss it when the topic re-emerges.Anyhow, I assume no-one else wants to ally themselves with the Mystix then?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Alright, so if Rahkshi attack and we know they're swarming the island because it's in the game's backstory, we're screwed.In that case then why hasn't Makuta destroyed the Koro's defense forces, subjugate the Matoran with Rahkshi overlords, and call it a day? You've already expressed that you don't like the whole "Mata-Nui as a giant robot" thing so obviously that's not Makuta's plan of taking over the Matoran Universe and using the power of the Universe to subjugate the Matoran. Where Makuta stands now is perhaps the best he's going to get. The Matoran fear him. He's already unstoppable and can be everywhere at once. Even if the Toa Mata are keeping him personally at bay for the last 100 years he still has plenty of Rahkshi to keep the Matoran in line. Obviously there are enough evil PC's to run interferance against the good PC's to keep them from keeping the Rahkshi AND Rahi at bay.If the Koro's can't defend themselves then tell me... WHAT IS KEEPING THE RAHKSHI AND RAHI AT BAY? Now if there is some overarching plot for a goal we don't yet know about that's fine but Makuta doesn't strike me as stupid and let an oppertunity for a swift decisive victory to pass. Now seems like a good time to me. Let the Rahkshi loose to push the players back and follow up with evil PC's and more Rahkshi to subjugate the villages. End Game.The most logical solution I see here is that the Military Forces of each Koro are large enough to make such an invasion not worth the gain as too many Matoran would die resisting their oppressors and that's not what the Makuta wants. Even then, military would make up even logically half the population as not everybody wants to serve full time. Mortality is a very key factor in survival instinct.If the population is not large enough and you are certantly limiting it, then what is keeping the Makuta from striking while the iron is hot? It can't be taking over the universe the way he did in canon because you don't like it. It can't be the Toa Mata because he's still acting through agents, infection, Rahi, and Rahkshi. Right now the only thing that would cause him (and me) to balk is the sheer numbers of fighting Matoran ready to die for the cause.So... what's your call on that?

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

Alright, so if Rahkshi attack and we know they're swarming the island because it's in the game's backstory, we're screwed.In that case then why hasn't Makuta destroyed the Koro's defense forces, subjugate the Matoran with Rahkshi overlords, and call it a day? You've already expressed that you don't like the whole "Mata-Nui as a giant robot" thing so obviously that's not Makuta's plan of taking over the Matoran Universe and using the power of the Universe to subjugate the Matoran.Where Makuta stands now is perhaps the best he's going to get. The Matoran fear him. He's already unstoppable and can be everywhere at once. Even if the Toa Mata are keeping him personally at bay for the last 100 years he still has plenty of Rahkshi to keep the Matoran in line. Obviously there are enough evil PC's to run interferance against the good PC's to keep them from keeping the Rahkshi AND Rahi at bay.If the Koro's can't defend themselves then tell me... WHAT IS KEEPING THE RAHKSHI AND RAHI AT BAY?Now if there is some overarching plot for a goal we don't yet know about that's fine but Makuta doesn't strike me as stupid and let an oppertunity for a swift decisive victory to pass. Now seems like a good time to me. Let the Rahkshi loose to push the players back and follow up with evil PC's and more Rahkshi to subjugate the villages. End Game.The most logical solution I see here is that the Military Forces of each Koro are large enough to make such an invasion not worth the gain as too many Matoran would die resisting their oppressors and that's not what the Makuta wants. Even then, military would make up even logically half the population as not everybody wants to serve full time. Mortality is a very key factor in survival instinct.If the population is not large enough and you are certantly limiting it, then what is keeping the Makuta from striking while the iron is hot? It can't be taking over the universe the way he did in canon because you don't like it. It can't be the Toa Mata because he's still acting through agents, infection, Rahi, and Rahkshi. Right now the only thing that would cause him (and me) to balk is the sheer numbers of fighting Matoran ready to die for the cause.So... what's your call on that?

Pein's made a blog post for discussing that.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

And this is the Discussion Topic Pirok. We've gotten past all the initial feelings of anger and we're having an actual discussion. Let's not derail the train of thought by switching tracks now.Kalama has answered your question Lord Darkon.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Actually he hasn't, his blog post is for merely discussing the Ussalry Squadron he made.
Do you guys know what this means?'BIONICLE, raccoons and other miscellaneous items' is getting a new blog post! Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Actually he hasn't, his blog post is for merely discussing the Ussalry Squadron he made.
Do you guys know what this means?'BIONICLE, raccoons and other miscellaneous items' is getting a new blog post!
:Pyou really need to stop making a blog post/mentioning a blog post/linking to a blog post every 10 posts! no offence, it just gets a little bit annoying, since this is a discussin topic, and if people wanted to see when you made a new blog post, they would follow your blogit seems the winter has frozen my charcters plot down to a crawl, so i must think of a way to implement my other character that i made a month before.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

it seems the winter has frozen my charcters plot down to a crawl, so i must think of a way to implement my other character that i made a month before.

Is your character good or evil?BTW, even I don't follow my blog. Making posts from off-topic discussions here is the only publicity my blog gets. :lol:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

And why do I have to tell you when you could just click the link in my sig and because all my characters are on one side, you should know which side the one i made a monht ago is on, and also, I won't have to explain to you what he/she looks like and is like.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Alright, so if Rahkshi attack and we know they're swarming the island because it's in the game's backstory, we're screwed.In that case then why hasn't Makuta destroyed the Koro's defense forces, subjugate the Matoran with Rahkshi overlords, and call it a day? You've already expressed that you don't like the whole "Mata-Nui as a giant robot" thing so obviously that's not Makuta's plan of taking over the Matoran Universe and using the power of the Universe to subjugate the Matoran.Where Makuta stands now is perhaps the best he's going to get. The Matoran fear him. He's already unstoppable and can be everywhere at once. Even if the Toa Mata are keeping him personally at bay for the last 100 years he still has plenty of Rahkshi to keep the Matoran in line. Obviously there are enough evil PC's to run interferance against the good PC's to keep them from keeping the Rahkshi AND Rahi at bay.If the Koro's can't defend themselves then tell me... WHAT IS KEEPING THE RAHKSHI AND RAHI AT BAY?Now if there is some overarching plot for a goal we don't yet know about that's fine but Makuta doesn't strike me as stupid and let an oppertunity for a swift decisive victory to pass. Now seems like a good time to me. Let the Rahkshi loose to push the players back and follow up with evil PC's and more Rahkshi to subjugate the villages. End Game.The most logical solution I see here is that the Military Forces of each Koro are large enough to make such an invasion not worth the gain as too many Matoran would die resisting their oppressors and that's not what the Makuta wants. Even then, military would make up even logically half the population as not everybody wants to serve full time. Mortality is a very key factor in survival instinct.If the population is not large enough and you are certantly limiting it, then what is keeping the Makuta from striking while the iron is hot? It can't be taking over the universe the way he did in canon because you don't like it. It can't be the Toa Mata because he's still acting through agents, infection, Rahi, and Rahkshi. Right now the only thing that would cause him (and me) to balk is the sheer numbers of fighting Matoran ready to die for the cause.So... what's your call on that?

As far as having a motive here, it's safe to assume that you never know what Makuta really wants. Makuta is a force of darkness, and his objectives are as shrouded in mystery as he is. If Makuta hasn't crushed the entire island, he has his reasons... But don't expect him to ever let you know what they are! The Matoran militaries are more of an amusement to him than a real threat or obstacle. He lets them stay alive for the same reason he lets the whole island stay alive, and that is for "reasons unknown."Do you need him to effortlessly destroy a Koronian guard unit just to prove that he can? Makuta already has a total military power on the island, if he wishes to use it. The fact that he doesn't exert it does not mean it doesn't exist.

test2.png

Yep, I've always figured Makuta could wipe us all of the map anytime he wants to, no contest. Despite what many of you seem to believe, none of our characters, even when they join forces with others, are any real threat to the Makuta.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I wouldn't say for reasons unknown. We know his goals as they stand now, complete and total domination of the island and the worship of the Matoran. It the PROCESS or how he goes about this goal that is the unknown. The plots, the plans, the threads of the web, those are the true mystery.By going about it with random displays of power such as completely destroying a Koro's guard is how one would keep the fear in place. In my history he's already come close to destroying Ga-Koro three times now to ensure they don't rise up against him. If we are no threat to him then why is he reacting with restrained fear to the knowledge the Chronicler's Company and having them silenced? If we really are no threat to him he shouldn't be worried about what knowledge they might pass on and therefore would not have sent agents to silence them. Also if the Rahkshi were a last ditch effort to kill the Toa because Makuta took the kid gloves off then why did he release them now if none of us are a threat? It's evidence like this that causes the story to not add up.He's got the military. He can and will use it. We've seen those examples before. He couldn't collapse the Kini-Nui with the Rahi he had to spare so he redirected his entire force to crush the Chronicler's Company. That's the move of a panicked desperate General struggling to remain in control of the situation despite how cool he may have remained about it. He was forced to concede and view the Toa as an actual threat.Here we don't know what happened to the Toa but everything else played out close to the same. Considering how I've imagined the fight at the Kini-Nui which was bloody, nasty, and caused some of the Marines involved PTSD, I'd say Makuta no longer sees the Matoran as little easily conquerable scattered forces. He's seen firsthand what happens when the Matoran band together and fight with their full might.I'd be scared too and would start taking them seriously.You wanna know what the fight was like? Talk to Pertha in Ga-Koro. She'll tell you how bad it was.

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

Got that right Snelly. Honestly, the only weakness I could actually see in him (even at that, it's not that much of a weakness) would be potential arrogance. But I say we don't fret on the matter for now since it's not like we can really openly challenge Makuta, unless you wish to get wrecked by a vicious storm.*cough* Nuju *cough*

Still no Mystix allies? Why not? Don't you like me?

so you found the answer to your prievious question, correct?

Kalama - the point that I'm making is that if things don't add up or make sense, it's because Makuta doesn't make sense. Insofar as his desires go, there's now way for you to know what he is thinking, unless you go talk to him... which isn't recommended for your health. I can tell you this much, though - military dominance over the island isn't his goal. It's more of a means to an end.If you want to discuss this further, please PM me, because this is voyaging into the realm of one-on-one conversation.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

Kalama - the point that I'm making is that if things don't add up or make sense, it's because Makuta doesn't make sense. Insofar as his desires go, there's now way for you to know what he is thinking, unless you go talk to him... which isn't recommended for your health. I can tell you this much, though - military dominance over the island isn't his goal. It's more of a means to an end.

I have a character or two that doesn't care about their health. Might be something worth trying. :lol:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Hello? Who's going to be bothered defending themselves against something 'no-one sees ... as a threat?'If Matoran don't fear the Mystix, then why the Karz would they try to fight them? They'd go easy on them, due to considering them a simple adversary. The ultimate weapon. :evilgrin:I'd quote Teridax, but I can't remember exactly what he said.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]