Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

The first point was ment to be silly. :PThe second one more or so rings true. If you remember the look of Pohatu as a Mata and I think he also had them as a Nuva, his weapons were "Feet Additions". They caused his feet to look more boots like than the other five as the others didn't have that unique part. His primary attack was to kick rocks around.Po-Koro is also the home of apparently the now lesser known "Koli" game which was a four way soccer match type game. It is not to be confused with "Kohli" which is lacrosse based... and was also not invented until after the Bohrok Swarms. Another plot hole Nuju!Apparently the Po-Koroans had a thing going about kicking things. Hence "Footmen."I still have a military like train of thought which is vastly different from civilan thinking. Required for my survival then and continues to serve me now in my current job a a Security Guard. I see things differently than someone who's never served in the military. There's a lot of misconceptions about the military and how things are run. I aim to clear up as much of that as possible. If I refer to something as 'Civvie' I'm refering to it as "Civilian Thinking". I NEVER use it in an insulting manner. Thinking of it like that is an example of the misconception that's been built up between Civilian and Military I aim to tear down and make right. It's not meant to be an insult and it's not fair of you to consider every bit of military jargon that drops from my mouth as one. It's just habit for me and 99.9% of what I do use is actually rather positive.The .1% I don't use is actually very insulting and is to be used among Soldiers only. As much as I might think it from time to time you will NEVER see me type it.If it's rhetorical, don't ask it. Since you did: Challange Accepted.As both of us have agreed upon, units have very seperate missions. They probably wouldn't be sending a Heavy Cav unit to go chase down some criminal several Wahi's away. They would send them to go fight and most likely hold defence points all over the island. His 7th Ussal Regiment is built to fight, fight, and fight some more. They'll see a lot of action on the frontlines and will be constantly sent all over the island to help defend things like important locations. Mostly in defense of Onu-Koro.Now we get to the island wide part of the equasion. It's not just Onu-Koro the Ussalry needs to defend. They need to defend the tunnel highways that weave their way all underneath Mata-Nui just under the surface. There's Rahi that like to be underground and without the Ussalry to defend those highways, things can't move across the island, much less to Onu-Koro! On top of that, a force such as the Guard might be strained to capacity and yet there's still more they need to do. They might ask another force to send relief to their troops in the form or reenforcements or to take up the slack they can't manage. Remember where Jaller in the MNOLG said he'd asked Onepu to spare a regiement to check on the North March because he didn't have any of his own Guardsmen to spare because they were all locked up in engagements? THAT'S what I'm referring to.On top of that the Matoran may be united but they are still somewhat a seperate people. Somebody who may have wronged the Ga-Koroan as a whole who may seek justice on that person. That person may try to hide in say, Ko-Wahi where he has never commited a crime against any Ko-Matoran. While Nokama might be determined to punish this person, Nuju has no reason to get involved because this person may not have done anything against his people and may act aloof in the matter.It's likely Kotu may have to get in contact with whoever is in charge of the Sanctum Guard to get permission to deploy Marines in Ko-Wahi to search and bring this person back to Ga-Koro. Likely the Guy In Charge is going to respond with a "Go Ahead" because the Ko-Koroans don't care about what this person may have done.Now as for the MNOLG, it's likely the Light Cav you saw may have been the first fast attack unit on the scene. They may have been there simply to run interferance to give the Heavies time to get into position before regrouping and attacking properly. Remember that the MNOLG and it's sequal were only a small taste of what Mata-Nui would be like if it were real. As somebody who's hiked 12 miles with 75 pounds on his back I can tell you it's not an easy feat and crossing the distance Takua did in hours would have actually taken days. Kudos to those that hike regularly. My pain goes out to you.Rahi attacks are apparaently as frequently and convenant as Players wish. Realistically Matoran Guard units tasked with guarding the highways should find themselves under attack rather frequently considering the "vast wilderness" of Mata-Nui as they are the only thing standing between order and chaos.Ah, the volenteer force. What a wonderful country we live in where we are not mandated to serve in the military. Here we can choose to live like soldiers or civilans. We don't have to serve 2 years to become citizens with legal rights despite being born in this country. We don't have to serve to throw off the yoke of slavery and oppression. We don't have to serve so that our loved ones can enjoy peace and freedom.......Oh wait... we can only do that because of our numbers. Lesse if each village has around 166 Matoran, 1% of that would actually volenteer out of the population (in keeping with actual number of the US population that volenteer and serve Active Duty) meaning that the entire military of each Koro would be about... 2 Matoran......That can't be right... that means my Ghekula Unit IS the only defense force of Ga-Koro and it's well overstrength. Same with my Gukko Force Irregulars and NOT ONE OF THEM IS A LE-MATORAN... (Captials are to be read in a questioning 'Hmmmm' tone)Now do you see the flaw of the math? I hardly doubt only 2 Matoran can successfully defend an entire village against Rahi let alone Rahkshi and now all the evil PC's in the mix.(For the record the following lines are to be read in a sarcastic manner.)Somebody better give my ladies a medal. They deserve it for single handedly keeping Ga-Koro safe. They prefer gold to silver by the way for their statues to be commended in their honor. Gali ain't got nothing on these girls!Bracket backslash sacasm bracket.A volenteer force is fine but it only works when people volenteer. And the percentage of those of us crazy enough to do it is very small. Yes I am one of those insane enough to swear the oath of service.*stands at Parade Rest* Any further questions?

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

*puts Burger King'TM crown on head before crossing arms*WE. ARE NOT AMUSED.*take crown off*

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Kalama, you are contradicting yourself. First you say that Matoran are dogged fighters who shouldn't be underestimated (a sentiment I heartily agree with) then you go and say that you need thousands of them to properly defend a village. Surely if they're as doughty as you suggest you do only need a handful.Also, I seem to recall one of your plans before the reboot involved character Kalama standing in front of an enemy stronghold and loudly shouting hello, so I'm not entirely sure your strategic thinking is all that you make it out to be :P

Edited by The Dreadful Flying Glove

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Do you or do you not agree that only 2 Matoran could defend a population of 165 people (The other 164 plus one Turaga) against over 100+ kinds of Rahi (including duplicates) 43 different kinds of Rahkshi (and their dupicates) and ??? of evil character PCs?This is the math you all are using. I feel like I should be spouting some kinds of odds they're facing like uh... 438,259,034 to 1 and then someone is going to say "Never tell me the Odds!"Look there's rough and ready and then there's suicidal. You could pull a win out of this but that would require that the 2 Matoran not have to defend the rest and a Turaga as well as a whole village. This is the case known as the "Rogue Resistance".Remind me, 'nother plot hole Nuju! Aren't Rahkshi supposed to be terrible beasts capable of easily going toe to toe with a Toa Nuva? Why the villages still standing then?I take it the term "bait" is still not in your vocabulary then Glove? I think it worked out fairly well considering the plan was to lure Scurra out into the killzone AND THEN jump him and his cronies. Which we did. Successfully I might add.

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

Ahem.Kalama. This is Mata Nui. More than just two people defend a village. At least a quarter of the population of a village is probably a guard. Why? Because everybody lives in a dangerous island with tribal-ish tech, which does not uses statistics based on modern world armies. So in order to survive, more people are guarding the villages.Screw statistics. This is BIONICLE.

If six Matoran (and not even the 'best' Matoran in their respective villages) could hold the Kini Nui against the tide of Rahi then why couldn't 50 or so hold a village? Especially since there are wandering Toa, Skakdi or Vortixx with a noble soul who'd be prepared to help out.The plan worked because Knidia and a stone Toa flushed them out the cave. With your plan he could have sent out a illusory duplicate and the speech character Kalama gave him more time to spot us. I pointed these things out to you and you fully agreed...but didn't change anything. The you just started shouting at me because I dared to do something without you first telling me to do it

7AOYGDJ.jpg

@ Cool-Aid: The Daedra? Who were they? I was here for the last RPG, but I never heard of them.

A toa team following Makuta. Their name did come from TES, but in-game, it is derived from archaic matoran for 'sinner'. It had seven members, each themed around -and called by their comrades-one of the seven deadly sins (wrath lust avarice acedia gluttony greed & envy). The team had many elements of the homunculi in FMA as well.
Glad someone could explain it.There have been two interpretations of the team so far. The originals (who I made with Munki and Nihi) back in 09, who utilized demonic powers to serve the Cabal of Cruelty. They had multiple races in that group. The second interpretation was the one from the previous reboot, in which, they were all Toa. Third one is in conception. :evilbiggrin:

The Daedra was a group of beings that included chracters named after, and based off of sins.MIRACLE CACTUS.-Snipe

That too. :P

character_37075_f.jpg

...This is why I exist. To solve the problems left unsolved.From where I'm standing there are two viewpoints in terms of population numbers.Nuju Metru is trying to stick to the 1,000 canon number. The Math was done and it is agreed that evenly divided, there are roughly 166 Matoran per village.Other sources claim that each village force was an all volenteer force. Realistically this equates to 1% of the population volenteering for such dangerous duties. At least working as a full time soldier. 1% of 166 Matoran translates into 1.66 or we'll just round up and say 2 Matoran.That's one view point.Now sticking to the canon number and the math done we still have 166 Matoran. A quarter translates into 41.5. Rounded up it's 42. Better, but even accounting for player number it's ether 33 or 51 depending on if my PC's ether add or subtract from this amount.Welcome to the BZRPG where NPC's count for squat and die if you cough on them DESPITE the fact they're supposed to be elite warriors capable of tearing a PC apart if you don't plan accordingly. At the rate the meat grinder chugs on, only the PC's will be left meaning Kalama's Raiders will still be the sole defender of Ga-Koro.*Taps fingers on table in deep thought*And yet... they just magically appear when someone needs them...So, which viewpoint does the community agree upon? The volenteer 1% of 2 Matoran or the magical replenshing 42 that doesn't quite account for PC's very well?

...A Night Elf from Warcraft? Seriously?

Says who?! -_- It's all a matter of perspective, and I wasn't even thinking of a Night elf or Warcraft or ANYTHING like that when I made her thank you. Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

It isn't a community descision. It's a staff decision. The numbers aren't canon, exactly, but they are close to canon. I'd say about 1,500-2,000, tops, for the Mata Nui since the Mata failed. But numbers aren't really that important to define! It's not like you're allowed to harness x percent of the NPC population. NPCs aren't really supposed to be definitively numbered, because you aren't supposed to need or use that information in army-building.

test2.png

meaning Kalama's Raiders will still be the sole defender of Ga-Koro.

Vrana is a defender of Ga-Koro. He is currently away, but well known by the people of Ga-Koro.

He is both hated and loved by the population, due to his defending, and...

And his not so pleasant past with the village.

But, he is indeed a defender of the village.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

No seriously. Person with bows. Female. Has a bear. That sounds really similar to a Night Elf Sentinel.

Well, ya I know it does but, I have too many male characters, and my only other female character is a kid! Originally it was gonna be a guy actually.So, ya, it's similar to a Night Elf Sentinel, except that she's crazy and thinks shes a rahi pretty much..Though, most of my characters sanity is questionable. :P Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

True but it does help clear up certain plot points. For example nobody has answered my question of how a guard of 50+ or so Matoran could secure a village against a small group of Rahkshi.Now I believe it could be done but then I'm going to get complants of something similar if my Raiders managed to take down even 1 by themselves no matter how masterfully I write it so that they won by the skin of their teeth.I can hear the whining now. "GodMod! GodMod! How could your group of Matoran take down something that beat up the Toa Nuva?!?! 3 of them destroyed Ta-Koro and you took out one by yourself!"Ah the perils of war...

Well, according to canon Makuta didn't want to conquer the Matoran as much as delay them. The Rahkshi were meant to finally kill the Toa after they proved troublesome, but he needed the Matoran alive.In this RPG, the sheer number of PCs are upsetting the balance, and that is the problem, not the NPCs and their struggle with the Rahi. There are only as many Rahkshi as is needed for the PCs to fight. The villages themselves are "safe" as long as PCs don't attack them.The setting and the NPCs are somewhat static. PCs are the true force of chaos in this story, and no numbers can define them.

Edited by Katuko

The Daedra was a group of beings that included chracters named after, and based off of sins.MIRACLE CACTUS.-Snipe

oh, like the mini-bosses in the binding of isaac?EDIT:alright kalama, this is what i think. I, now, do not have time to go back to your previous posts, since you summed it up. ill use your more recent ones.(I use rhetorical questions because they are supposed to make a point)so, lets say, as said by nuju metru, there are about 1,500 to 2,000 inhabitants. that makes 1750, IMO (its like when i microwave soup, if it says 2-4 minutes, then I do the middle of that )alright. so lets assume that he meant the npc population, so that number does not include any PC's. since if we divided that equally by all 7 koro, we would get 250 per koro. but all koro's are not equal. since xa-koro probably has a smaller population that the other koro's ill just dvide that by half, making 125, then divide that by the other six koro. that makes roughly 21 per other koro, so we add 21 to alll koro populations other than xa-koro (i'm assuming xa-koro has a smaller population, due to rahi attacks, murders, and other crimes, drawing and/or murdering some of the inhabitants)making (remember this a very rough estimate) 271 per koro. now, lets see thorugh the eyes of your average ta-matoran npc.he owns a hut near the wall. he has some basic training with the guard, because of frequent rahi attacks that season. his occupation is a lava farmer, so he harvests lava, cools it (making useful soil) and sells it to le, ga, and onu-matoran. every day, he goes to a small fenced in property he owns, not too far from the village gate, and drains lava. he cools it, does other lava farming stuff, then packs his soil into bags and ships them to merchants and such. lets say that there is a large rahi assault (may happen every couple years) and it breaks throught the guard's line. even thought multiple player's pcs attack the rahi, helping out to defend their homes, businesses, dignity, honor, allies, and friends. but it isnt enought. this ta-koroan is considered poor, and if he loses his land, home,etc. he will be in big debt, and have a setback in his business for the next few months, to maybe even a year, depending on damage. this is all he has, and he doesn't want to lose it. does he just sit back, look out the window, drink some tea, and then wait to get mauled by a nui jaga? no! And dont think that makuta wouldn't kill or hurt nonfighting matoran like in that rhetorical scenario because, if he gets to them, he will capture them, and brainwash them, until none are left! If a village gets to a point in an attack, where it is an extremely larger force than usual, enough to get past the village defences, then i assume the staff will have the npc villagers get up and defend themselves. and also, take into account all the pcs that would be sitting there killing time in ta-koro, waiting for something to cure their boredom?and also, do you think that a staff member would drag eveyrone in a koro into the 2nd-OPTION rpg then they would be putting all those who just wanted their own plots into something, with high mortality rates., surrounded by high odds and makuta infected rahi? this isnt military conquest, kalama. about you talking about rahkshi. sure, makuta could unleash them on a village, but:1: makuta wants the matoran alive! sure, he might kill some, (especially the ones that are fighting him)2: you make a point saying that rahkshi, beasts that owneded toa nuva, wouldn't be stopped by a handful of matoran, but anyway, this is why hehasnt unleashed large (or any) rahkshi against the villages. because even ta-koro canon-wise could not be saved by the guard and two nuvas against 3 rahkshiis that all? sorry for overreacting. and the rushed-ness Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Okay, I'll roll with that Katuko.Now say you're in my position. I have two members of the Chronicler's Company under my watch and Makuta wants them silenced. Eventually I will be bringing my Raiders back into the game and with them the Company members as I'm still under orders to protect them. Second shot for anybody who wants a crack while I play cat and mouse with Emzee and Ghosthands since I KNOW they'll come after me. Emzee is staff and I'm not putting anything past him meaning he probably can and will hit me with Rahkshi to attempt to eliminate me and go for the kill. (Which I'm confidant he'll be unsuccessful with but I like to stay frosty.)Now I've got a trail of Rahkshi parts following me as I successfully eliminate steadly larger and larger groups as I progress much like an actual game where the enemies grow more numerous with each successful level completion. This continues on until Tuck grows tired of watching me fight for the lives of the company and ether moves the plot along in which I successfully safeguard the Company or I'm forced into a no-win situation where I am forced to watch helplessly as Tuck laughing manically has the poor Matoran killed in some fasion. I think he'll go with the latter.What does this have to do with the number of guards in the village you ask?Even the best of the best require back up from time to time. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I'm playing against 'The Gods' so to speak. Gotta keep adapting and stay one step ahead.

Have you played a tabletop RPG Benluke? Trust me, they're extremely cutthroat. I can't tell you how CLOSE I've come to losing characters. Tuck has already made declerations about if you're involved in the Staff Plot your character's mortality is supposed to skyrocket.I am up to my neck in his plot thanks to a direct order from Nokama to safeguard Macku since ironically, I was free and wasn't doing anything and had asked only minutes before hand if he had a minor plot since I was taking a break from writing my own. When Emzee comes calling he'll be bringing the Reaper with him not to mention whatever else Tuck and Nuju might come up with.Who the reaper will come to claim remains to be seen but I'm going to do my best to ensure it's the other guy.

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

But just as competitive Tuck may not be here but I can sense his evil plotting. No force can contain it. Only a greater evil can mask it...It lurks like the Makuta's shadows. Always just out of sight. Flickering in the corner of your eye but when you turn to look directly at it, it vanishies. It pulses and oozes like a great rotting heart. It whispers, tickling the back of your mind, remind you of it's constant presence. Those that don't break down into insanity tred carefully despite the mockings of his peers.In the end, the mocking won't matter as those that heed the lessons from their past failings survive the terror he will unleash when his maliciousness reaches critical mass!It will come, and when it does, I intend to greet the Reaper... properly....

I see. He's going to use an evil death ray to kill people he doesn't like. Where is he anyway? He's been inactive for a while.

.............. I didn't do it...............I heard some rumors he got sucked into Skyrim, but I believe those were dismissed. He is most definitely not in my basement, no siree.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Seriously, does anyone where Tuck is? Did he go Amish and shun electricity or something?

He is probably out living his life. I doubt he'll come back any time soon, but maybe me might come back in the summer... that is, if Ghosthands releases him from Echelon's ice cave! Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal