Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

So, uh....

W

hat do you think will replace Kumu next year?

EDIT: About Adhesive weapons, you make me think about Echelon saying 'Now, Kiss!' as he magnetizes 2 enemies together.

I thought we already discussed this- we're building Aurax City. :P /joke

Uh, it'll probably be some new location somewhere else on the island. Unless a floating city is built around that one lighthouse or something.

So, uh, guys.

I recently decided to ask permission for a custom plot that granted special powers. Tuck approved.

So anybody want to join? Similar to the Mark Bearers from the first half of the year, this plot revolves around a group of 'special' characters, chosen. Except this time, it's Toa only. (Well, characters like Lesterin are allowed, but we just about have 1.) PM me to join.

Like the Mark Bearers, this grants your character a power, but similarly detracts to keep a balance. It's really interesting, and I suggest you join. Why?

Well, since when have we had Fully Sentient masks as characters in this game? :)

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Thanks. I'll PM you when I pick one. Not Dino, he's gonna get latched sometime. Not Optimus or Dervian, they're injured. Not Barricade, he's already very developed.

Which leaves us with Obnoxious, More Obnoxious, and Yet More Obnoxious. I'll leave it to you guys to sort out which Wrecker is which. But they are the hardest to develop and flesh out, so this'll be a great experience for whichever one is picked.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hey guys! I found wifi :D

Just to add my thoughts to a couple of the conversations:

As to the whole altitude thing, Constructman, I've been in a hot air balloon to 10,000 feet. It's very high, and about freezing. While it's certainly possible to fly that high with limited tech, you'd barely be able to see Po-Koro, let alone aim properly :P

As to the weapons discussion, a REAL man's weapon is a staff. Used for channeling his magnetism powers. :3

If you're wondering how things are going, I've taken my test (and just found out that I definitely got one of the questions right :D), and my interviews are this afternoon. Wish me luck!

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

GH's post is nothing compared to the Wanderer's Company or Joske as they develop.

I absolutely disagree.The Wanderer's company is six writers put together by a contest. Six. Are they going to have more content? Are they going to have a plot that carries itself? Most of the time. So yeah, it would be disappointing if they didn't throw around a really large post a good bit. For one guy to rival that in one-on-one conversation, giving people chills and the desire to check back? It's a rara avis in the RPG. It doesn't come often.As far as Joske, I've never really liked him, but I won't talk about that here.Just remember though: if you find yourself comparing anything to the Wander's company or the character of someone who's been here forever, stop. It's not fair and you'll always think lower of the said thing you're comparing.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Jl, I got some questions on he Matoran Team.1. What are the goals of the team? Or is it still being character-developed?2. Are we keeping wih the name All-Matoran Team? Or still character-developing now still?Thanks.

1. Similar to the ILF.

With a different way of achieving it.

2. No. Character Developed.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

GH's post is nothing compared to the Wanderer's Company or Joske as they develop.

I absolutely disagree.The Wanderer's company is six writers put together by a contest. Six. Are they going to have more content? Are they going to have a plot that carries itself? Most of the time. So yeah, it would be disappointing if they didn't throw around a really large post a good bit. For one guy to rival that in one-on-one conversation, giving people chills and the desire to check back? It's a rara avis in the RPG. It doesn't come often.As far as Joske, I've never really liked him, but I won't talk about that here.Just remember though: if you find yourself comparing anything to the Wander's company or the character of someone who's been here forever, stop. It's not fair and you'll always think lower of the said thing you're comparing.

And I agree with Relapse. Trying to compare yourself with either powers that be, or individuals that are as old as dirt when it comes to this game, is not the most healthy exercise. While it is always good and important to strive to be better, and look at those more experienced for inspiration and ideas, to be constantly equating your work with theirs will only have a negative effect. Anyone can get there; it just takes time. Some longer than others, but anyone can develop amazing writing skills.

Though I am so sad you don't like Joske. Maybe he should take you out to lunch where him and you can discuss things? :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

So, uh, guys. I recently decided to ask permission for a custom plot that granted special powers. Tuck approved. So anybody want to join? Similar to the Mark Bearers from the first half of the year, this plot revolves around a group of 'special' characters, chosen. Except this time, it's Toa only. (Well, characters like Lesterin are allowed, but we just about have 1.) PM me to join. Like the Mark Bearers, this grants your character a power, but similarly detracts to keep a balance. It's really interesting, and I suggest you join. Why? Well, since when have we had Fully Sentient masks as characters in this game? :)
Yeeeeah De-Matoran. As much as I would like doing something to make myself...well, more known to an already-established-community of RPers and to get more involved in the story, Matoran aren't exactly known for the use of mask powers outside of fan fictions *shot* so yeah lol

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Read the news in the rules and index. Covers quite a few things.Ga Koro was quietly taken over by the Daedra.Ta-Koro is mostly okay.Ko--Koro is nearly rebuilt.Po Koro is nearly rebuilt.Ihu-Koro is depopulated but otherwise okay.Pala Koro is gone.Le-Koro is fine.Onu-Koro is fine.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles