Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

JL, the Jhianil is up against ten Toa. Several of them appear to be Fe-Toa, a few Magnetism Toa, and several Lightning Toa. All working in perfect coordination, and with a near perfect understanding of the ship.

All are also played by Tuck, a staffie, with the intent and certainty of destroying it.

We don't have a snowball's chance in heck.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I may have misinterpreted correctly, but if I am correct, this is indeed a smite.

If it wasn't/isn't, then we might have a chance. But either way, KNI issued a full retreat. So.... If it's a smite, we'll get smited. If not, we'll retreat, and regroup.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

NO! Court of appeal!But seriously, what happened?

Because if the kind of GM I am, I will explain my actions. But only ONCE, and there will be no appeal; not only is the following my opinion, but also my decision.

First of all, I would have NEVER approved of an airship. Why? Because that kind of tech is literally light-years ahead of ANYTHING on this island, not to mention the crushing amount of resources it would take considering there are NO factories or any type of mass-scale industry here.

Second, from my understanding, one of the contributing factors was that Nuju allowed this because the idea was pitched as a collaborative effort of Vortixx combining their tech slots. Well, actually, that's a legit point and a very good idea... except that this airship is greater than the sum of its parts. I'll say that again: greater than the sum of its parts. The Vortixx tech rule, the one I put in place years ago, was designed to give a species, and therefore a player, a chance in a land of beings with superpowers. That rule was designed as an equalizer so that a Vortixx character could be on even footing with a Toa. Therefore the type of tech was to be personal-use only: a laser gun, detection device, special protective armor, grappling-hook-snorkel-instant-coffee combo pack, MAYBE even a personal shield. Things like that. Now tell me now very small gizmos on that scale could come together to make a flying, superadvanced ball of death? I don't care how many you have, it wouldn't work. That's what I mean by "greater than the sum of its parts".

Lastly, it still would have been possible to KEEP your airship had you used it correctly. Yes, I'm serious. Even with everything said above I always try to give the players the benefit of the doubt, but more often than not they get excited and take the inch given and run it a mile. What was the first thing you decided to do with the most largest, most powerful, and in fact most advanced piece of hardware on the island?

Promptly ram it into Po-Koro.

Mass-scale destruction is the fastest way to get a GM protection, and cannot remember how many times Nuju and myself have said this should not, and cannot, be done, unless that specific action (like EW sinking Kumu) was specifically approved. You want to keep your airship? Why not treat it like the Legion of Doom headquarters; a super-secret, hidden, and advanced movable base that you plan your nefarious acts from? I can remember only ONE episode in ALL the seasons it actually attacked, and for good reason. I mean there are dozens of other possibilities other that wiping the floor with the game. Had you gone that route, or another equally legit one, there is every chance I would have let you keep it.

Therefore, I WILL destroy it.

I am fair however, and this was Nuju's mistake; you should not be fully punished for his oversight. Once I completely obliterate this paperweight hovering over Po-Koro, I will allow each player who had a hand in its creation (aka who gave up "tech slots" to build it) to PM me with NEW "foreign tech" to be approved, and I will do my best to be reasonable. You WON'T get anything from this ship, because I won't leave any scraps behind, but I will allow different things for the survivors.

Now, I have things to do, I will post in Po-Koro later this morning. Please think of what I had just said, and everyone for that fact. This is WHY we as staff so NO a lot; we give you something and more often than not it gets shoved into everyone's faces immediately. This is exactly WHY we don't allow Nova Blasts, Kaitas, or anti-matter rounds; this game would be over in a week due to the crater that was the island of Mata-Nui.

Have fun, I'll be back later to finish this :)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I leave for one day, and suddenly Po-Koro is being attacked by some kind of flying metal demon [Airship]. Explosions loud enough to drown out the voice of an average Ga-Matoran are now blaring into the ears of a De-Matoran who, even with his what we would describe as "headphones", still has hearing about two times higher than the average matoran. This stuff just got real. >=)

Weclome to the BZPRPG my dear friend. Things will be even more real from here out.

Alright people, for the next few days (maybe weeks, I don't know) I will have little time to post. I will try and reply to everyone once I do have time, but I can't promise anything.

If needed, Hubert and Silvan have permission to take the Fowadi to Pala-Koro (skip the NPC pirates if you have to) and get back the Turaga.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Because if the kind of GM I am, I will explain my actions. But only ONCE, and there will be no appeal; not only is the following my opinion, but also my decision. First of all, I would have NEVER approved of an airship. Why? Because that kind of tech is literally light-years ahead of ANYTHING on this island,
But... But... Light years is a measurement of distance.... :PAnyways, I'm glad to see the airship shall obey the law - of gravity. But for the record, would you be more approving of a large vortixx creation if the players actually built it IC, and uses simple, explainable, clockwork and ballistic science that is more compliant the the Mata Nui tech level (And has a decent amount of weaknesses as well)?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Because if the kind of GM I am, I will explain my actions. But only ONCE, and there will be no appeal; not only is the following my opinion, but also my decision. First of all, I would have NEVER approved of an airship. Why? Because that kind of tech is literally light-years ahead of ANYTHING on this island,
But... But... Light years is a measurement of distance.... :PAnyways, I'm glad to see the airship shall obey the law - of gravity. But for the record, would you be more approving of a large vortixx creation if the players actually built it IC, and uses simple, explainable, clockwork and ballistic science that is more compliant the the Mata Nui tech level (And has a decent amount of weaknesses as well)?

For the record? If ALL the above was said and followed to the letter?

You would have a significantly better chance. No promises though.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

.... Constructman?

No offense, but did you ever actually bother finding out what the ship's specifications were? Titrunia seemed to think it was capable of space flight. And it was capable of far less than that, not even 30,000 feet, if I understand what KNI told me correctly.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Alright people, for the next few days (maybe weeks, I don't know) I will have little time to post. I will try and reply to everyone once I do have time, but I can't promise anything. If needed, Hubert and Silvan have permission to take the Fowadi to Pala-Koro (skip the NPC pirates if you have to) and get back the Turaga.

Awwwwwwwww. Hope you can get back soon.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Actual height regardless, there are plenty of ways that one might fly/glide in this universe without using a mask or wings.

At bare minimum you could say that a random explosion sent you flying so far that you hit the ocean.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That's the top of the troposphere; standard airplane range.

But do we have standard airplanes in this RPG? Karz no! Anyways, I'm pretty sure you guys would die from the lack of oxygen if you even got up to 30,000 feet. You need to stop putting RL Implications on things. This is an entirely different world. Edited by Tasty Holiday Beverage

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Actual height regardless, there are plenty of ways that one might fly/glide in this universe without using a mask or wings.

At bare minimum you could say that a random explosion sent you flying so far that you hit the ocean.

It is possible to survive falling a large distance, if you land right and try to roll and tumble, though chances are you'll have a lot of broken bones, but you can live through that. As long as you don't like land on solid rock or something sharp.

Edited by Snelly Bieber

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

And being made out of metal helps with a lack of splat when you hit the ground, which leaves you all nice and wounded for some character development.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Tuck said that you would need to send him new profiles for your tech. You can't bring anything you had on the airship with you.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Um, quick question. Are we allowed to take our character item of foreign tech with us?

(In this case Rorl's laser rifle)

Tuck said that you would need to send him new profiles for your tech. You can't bring anything you had on the airship with you.

I was just about to post. Now that the dirty deed is done (though when I get back from work I will make a wrap-up post), I want all involved players to PM me their character, and what new tech/gizmos you would like. Technically your characters shouldn't have any person gear as it is, since you all cashed in to get that ship.

I will do what I can to reply in a timely fashion, but life and career take priority. I will so do what I can to be reasonable with the requests, since this was one gigantic misunderstanding than outright law-breaking; to a degree. As asked earlier, if some of you wish to once again cash in your slots for something a little bigger I am willing to listen, but PLEASE make sure you are ALL in agreement and give me ALL the specs BEFORE I approve of such a device... if at all.

So please make your fall memorable, your survival epic, and your requests more within reason. I'll check back in later tonight. Chow!

:D

Actual height regardless, there are plenty of ways that one might fly/glide in this universe without using a mask or wings. At bare minimum you could say that a random explosion sent you flying so far that you hit the ocean.

. As long as you don't like land on solid rock or something sharp.
You're in Po Wahi. It's not like that will everhappen. XD

Uh, my character's tech item is permamnently attached to his hand so can he take it with him?

One word: Amputation. :P

Just PM Tuck and hope for the best..

Maasi people. We are rocking.

Explain.

Idea: Tuck should crumple up any remaining airship wreckage via gravity, then hurl it as meteor. That would be awesome.

Edited by Tasty Holiday Beverage