BIONICLE MAFIA XIII: Tower of Trepidation

Voltex

I'm positive. If this Mafia has taught me anything, people can be quite... easily fooled at times.

Hmm. I wasn't going to pull these out, but I guess I'll throw them into the ring anyway, because man that is a loooooot of flukes

-Lloyd and I organized the village to win the game in Bionicle Mafia II (this was the last time I survived a game)

-After my death I caused the lynching of JL (who was my killer) and then organized the village from beyond the grave to win the game in Bionicle Mafia IV

-In Bionicle Mafia V, where I was the leader of one of two Mafia factions, I not only got the village roles working alongside me but destroyed the opposing Mafia faction behind the scenes, while also using said opposing Mafia faction to wipe out the village roles. Unfortunately, the game kind of froze much like Bionicle Mafia 12, so I have no idea how long I would have lasted

-When I was the Cryo in Mirrors, I helped the Mafia group to gain an advantage in power over the village before I died (at which point I give much props to Burnmad for literally seizing control of the game)

-And of course, in Two For All, after being killed by my faction, I turned on them. They outnumbered the opposing faction, and yet I still caused them to lose the game (favors can get you very far, fyi)

-I would argue that I have done so in this game as well; my alliance with Portal allowed me to make sure that the likes of Shadowhawk and Blade did not die alone, and that JiMing survived the last lynching, and my alliance with Blade and JiMing has also kept me alive ever since the role-swap.

I hosted III, III-4, IX, and X in that time. I did not participate in VI, VII, or XI.

This leaves 5.2, VIII, SR, and 12 where I did not have a "fluke".

TAKE IBROW DOWN WITH ME AND I WILL BE ALRIGHT WITH THIS

AS OF THIS MOMENT, I STILL HATE EVERYONE

Uh... you have looked at the suspect list, right?

Because I am going down with you.

I'm positive. If this Mafia has taught me anything, people can be quite... easily fooled at times.

Hmm. I wasn't going to pull these out, but I guess I'll throw them into the ring anyway, because man that is a loooooot of flukes

-Lloyd and I organized the village to win the game in Bionicle Mafia II (this was the last time I survived a game)

-After my death I caused the lynching of JL (who was my killer) and then organized the village from beyond the grave to win the game in Bionicle Mafia IV

-In Bionicle Mafia V, where I was the leader of one of two Mafia factions, I not only got the village roles working alongside me but destroyed the opposing Mafia faction behind the scenes, while also using said opposing Mafia faction to wipe out the village roles. Unfortunately, the game kind of froze much like Bionicle Mafia 12, so I have no idea how long I would have lasted

-When I was the Cryo in Mirrors, I helped the Mafia group to gain an advantage in power over the village before I died (at which point I give much props to Burnmad for literally seizing control of the game)

-And of course, in Two For All, after being killed by my faction, I turned on them. They outnumbered the opposing faction, and yet I still caused them to lose the game (favors can get you very far, fyi)

-I would argue that I have done so in this game as well; my alliance with Portal allowed me to make sure that the likes of Shadowhawk and Blade did not die alone, and that JiMing survived the last lynching, and my alliance with Blade and JiMing has also kept me alive ever since the role-swap.

I hosted III, III-4, IX, and X in that time. I did not participate in VI, VII, or XI.

This leaves 5.2, VIII, SR, and 12 where I did not have a "fluke".

As I mentioned before, I'm thoroughly looking forward to this rivalry in future games. :P

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I doubt it'll amount to much

Shadowhawk has already taken the position as my ultimate foe, and I'm doubtful that I will have the time to participate in XIV or XV.

E: I wish I could be all "OMG surprised" but alas I cannot

Edited by Agnes Oblige

Time for more music.

The moment of truth draws ever near,

As people begin to worry and fear,

The people that die shall shed a tear,

As their blood begins to trickle and smear,

And the villagers will surely laugh and leer,

This game has been the game of the year,

As you read this rhyme and wish you could hear.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Shadowhawk has already taken the position as my ultimate foe, and I'm doubtful that I will have the time to participate in XIV or XV.

Given that it's Eljay, you'd be surprised how much drama could turn up even if you're not around. :P

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Given that it's Eljay, you'd be surprised how much drama could turn up even if you're not around. :P

-MT

Well, considering that I won't be around, that's a pretty one-sided rivalry

-MT

Mwuhahahahaha.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

Wait; isn't Swimming Beard out of vote switches already??

I suppose there is that too. Considering that you and I had the Mafia flipping all over the place last night, it wouldn't surprise me, but ehhh

(I never thought I'd see the day where a mafioso didn't want a triple lynch, though)

I did dislike the idea of giving dead people the power to vote. I'm totally cool with pulling a revenge stunt on me in a later game, but if I kill someone, I shouldn't be punished for it in the same game.

Dead is supposed to equal elimination, and when given the power to vote, the results of the past couple lynchings have been very skewed.

E: Also, filler because I'm nice.

Edited by Agnes Oblige

I did dislike the idea of giving dead people the power to vote. I'm totally cool with pulling a revenge stunt on me in a later game, but if I kill someone, I shouldn't be punished for it in the same game.

Dead is supposed to equal elimination, and when given the power to vote, the results of the past couple lynchings have been very skewed.

E: Also, filler because I'm nice.

It seems to me to just be what you've done in your prior games. Only difference is that everyone can do it now, and of their own free will.

sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

I have two issues with this complaint.

First off, you spent a good half page just bragging about how you were a master at getting revenge in a game post mortem.

Second off, you would have been completely fine had you not openly admitted to being the Guardian on the topic and taunted the entire village.

Subtlety saves lives.

==FINAL COUNT==

JiMing: 14

iBrow: 12

Burnmad: 1

Ehks: 8

Portal: 0

Null: 2

The village, or what was left of it, assembled. Despite the fact that he was dead, the Matoran could feel Turaga Mesonak guiding the democratic process to its conclusion.

The Dark Hunters would finally be finished.

The few remaining Matoran encircled the Dark Hunter and the Guardian of Light, having finally recognized them for who they were. iBrow charged his staff while JiMing wielded a sword nervously, ready to fight until the end.

They wouldn't have the chance.

A bolt of shadow flew out of the corner of the room, instantly killing both iBrow and JiMing. The villagers had cornered their enemies...and a friendly soul had showed up to finish them off.

“About time you wrapped this up,” Mesonak said.

“...wait...what?” Ehks asked. “...aren't you dead...twice?”

“No, I'm the third Mesonak,” Mesonak responded. “There's always another Mesonak.”

“...wait...I...huh...what?”

“I got lynched in some alternate dimension, so I came here and decided to lend a helping hand to my Turaga friend, who was in a bit of a bind. He took over in my world when he died, and I figured the least I could do was come help in his stead.”

“What in the world is going on here?” Portal demanded.

“Oh, you don't know? There's an infinite supply of Mesonaks in this world, scattered through various dimensions. When you kill one, another pops in to take his place. Long story short...you can never be rid of me.”

“...”

“AND YOU CAN NEVER BE RID OF MY SICK RHYMES!” the third (fourth?) Mesonak yelled, pulling a microphone out of thin air.

“Oh not this again,” Burnmad moaned.

Yo, I'm Meso!

Matoran represent!

Just killed a Dark Hunter

A big village present!

Guardian ate it too

Cause he turned bad!

But now that he's dead

He can't even be mad!

You can't stop me man!

Kill me, I'll just come back!

May be a different form

But rest assured, it's still Mesonak!

The Matoran left the scene in stunned silence, trying to get away as fast as possible.

“...yo! Hey! Wait up for me!” Mesonak yelled, running after them.

iBrow, Guardian of Light, Lynched

JiMing, Dark Hunter, Lynched

GAME ENDS! MATORAN VICTORY!

Survivors:

Burnmad (Ta-Matoran)

Portal (The Forger)

Ehks (Onu-Matoran)

Explanations of things that were never explained in game (secret role, energized protodermis masks, etc.) will be up later on tonight.

For now, it's time for the epilogue...featuring MoC!

Good game everyone, and congrats to the three winners!

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor

XPufEB3.png?1

@ Eljay: Everyone had the choice to go against my wishes; in this game, that was impossible.

You see, I don't take pride in the fact that I caused those events to occur; I take pride in the fact that I convinced people to help them occur.

I know that I would have been a part of a triple lynch this round if dead people were unable to vote, because I know exactly who would have been alive (and how they would have voted).

I wanted everyone to die. :c

Actually, I should say that I wanted everyone to think that everyone was going to die, so I could pull out my Hau Nuva at the final lynching and laugh at everyone. =P

- :burnmad:

Actually, I should say that I wanted everyone to think that everyone was going to die, so I could pull out my Hau Nuva at the final lynching and laugh at everyone. =P

Lol, that would've been fantastic.

-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

@ Eljay: Everyone had the choice to go against my wishes; in this game, that was impossible.

You see, I don't take pride in the fact that I caused those events to occur; I take pride in the fact that I convinced people to help them occur.

I know that I would have been a part of a triple lynch this round if dead people were unable to vote, because I know exactly who would have been alive (and how they would have voted).

Unfortunately, you can't control everything in every game.

And I might add that I'm having a very hard time feeling any sympathy with your open taunting of the village before. You had plenty of rounds beforehand to complain about the dead voting if you felt it was so bad. You were fully aware that people would try and get revenge on you if you taunted, and you did so anyways.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

How did the Hau Nuvas work, exactly?

EXPLANATION OF VARIOUS UNUSED THINGS:

THE FORGER (SECRET ROLE): Could subtract one vote away from anyone's total. He didn't pick anyone to "condemn" or "save," it just mostly turned out one way or the other depending on if it broke a tie or sent someone into a tie.

HAU NUVA: Would protect instantly on any attempted killing.

AKAKU NUVA: Would broadcast the role not just to the user, but to the entire topic (no one ever got one of these though).

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

You didn't need to activate them manually. Would have been pretty useful if this wasn't the ONE GAME where NOBODY TRIED TO KILL ME. =P

Glad you ended up on my "no-kill" list then.

Although judging from what you've said you and Portal were never truly allies anyway sooooo =P

@MT: There was no need for me to complain because at the time, it did not affect me at that time. Besides, what would expressing my dislike of a feature (one that we were not told of when the game was first posted) do in the middle? At the end it is a critique, something that I believe could have been done better (or not at all, in this case). Posting it in the middle of the game would do nothing, except perhaps to put a target on my back from the deceased players.

You didn't need to activate them manually. Would have been pretty useful if this wasn't the ONE GAME where NOBODY TRIED TO KILL ME. =P

Glad you ended up on my "no-kill" list then.

Although judging from what you've said you and Portal were never truly allies anyway sooooo =P

@MT: There was no need for me to complain because at the time, it did not affect me at that time. Besides, what would expressing my dislike of a feature (one that we were not told of when the game was first posted) do in the middle? At the end it is a critique, something that I believe could have been done better (or not at all, in this case). Posting it in the middle of the game would do nothing, except perhaps to put a target on my back from the deceased players.

You're certainly welcome to critique, I'm simply arguing against said critique. I think it did what it was intended to; force roles to be careful about who they went after, even more so than they were already.

Virtually no one had a target on their back after the implementation of the new system anyway, as roles had pretty much just been redistributed. Targets only appeared afterwards when players tried to play the game without accounting for the changes.

If you think it sucks, that's fine, but chalking up being "punished" for killing someone solely to the new mechanic is a little unfair in my opinion.

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor

XPufEB3.png?1

If we had been warned that you would implement the feature, then yes, I would argue that it did its job perfectly; however, nobody was aware of it until you announced it.

The joys of Mafia, rite?

And that's not entirely fair; I did hint that the game would get much harder for Mafians/would change dramatically when the top was reached. I certainly didn't delve into further details, but I think you'd have to argue against pretty much any secret role ever if something being unannounced makes it bad.

But whatever. Sorry you didn't like it.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Portal and I weren't really "allies"; at least, not any more so than me and any of my other friends. I just don't kill friends unless I know they're guilty (and sometimes, not then =P).

If we had been warned that you would implement the feature, then yes, I would argue that it did its job perfectly; however, nobody was aware of it until you announced it.

The joys of Mafia, rite?

And that's not entirely fair; I did hint that the game would get much harder for Mafians/would change dramatically when the top was reached. I certainly didn't delve into further details, but I think you'd have to argue against pretty much any secret role ever if something being unannounced makes it bad.

-MT

The knowledge of a secret role existing is enough, though, because then players know that there's someone doing stuff they don't understand.

As for the warning about the top - I was the Guardian of Light. Your warning does nothing to imply that the dead can vote, and with the knowledge that the Av-Matoran had died (and the knowledge that I might be able to do something) was what I thought the warning implied - a role activating that would make things harder for the other side.

The joys of Mafia, rite?

-MT

The knowledge of a secret role existing is enough, though, because then players know that there's someone doing stuff they don't understand.

As for the warning about the top - I was the Guardian of Light. Your warning does nothing to imply that the dead can vote, and with the knowledge that the Av-Matoran had died (and the knowledge that I might be able to do something) was what I thought the warning implied - a role activating that would make things harder for the other side.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure why you're complaining in the first place. All of your kills took place within the dead voting thing. If anyone had the right to complain, it would be the Mafia.

If the dead voting thing had suddenly affected thing in, say, the next round, then I'd be inclined to agree. But the only time it seemed to drastically change things (at least, from your critique) was a full 4 rounds later. Everyone had time to react to the new change, so I'm a little less inclined to take this to heart than I would have if I had, say, introduced right before this round and then it had changed the entire direction of this vote.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1