Why Do People Dislike Mata Nui Xl?

DeLaSouth

Everywhere I look, reviewseverywhere There are always a bulk of people that just hate the set. I don't see why. I mean, he has FOUR yellow Onua-Shields (possibly one of the best-looking pieces out there), a gold Ignika, a bunch of great technic pieces, great hands, great leg structure. He looks (to me) great in general, one of the best titans out there (to me). could someone explain?

I don't think anyone would disagree with Toa Mata Nui being an excellent parts supply.There are plenty of reasons to dislike the set, though - for instance, his colour scheme consisted of seven colours,which definitely is a tad too many, and his design was an inconsistent build with plenty of gaps. And really, I don't know if there's anything that fits that description that I enjoy looking at.

Edited by VampireBohrok

26203.jpg

The set overall looked good to me, except it had too much yellow and keetorange, and not enough gold. They only made it because they knew people would be complaining that there's no gold 2008 Ignika. It was purely for marketing, and had no storyline significance. I think it's like the Mistika, where it's mediocre, but the people who like it are too afraid to speak up.

Although it looks great for parts, as a model it looks ugly as heck. It's like Pohatu Phantoka crashed into Mata Nui and Takanuva was melted over the top. Ugly. I would buy the set if given the chance, but only for parts. As a model it's ick ack bleurgh

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I honestly loved the set, I think it was a enhancement of the 2008 Takanuva build, wich made the set look good. The only things I have to complaint about are the neck, that in fact is a bit long, and the arms, who should be better considering the dimension.

If you want to spare some time and take a look to my colection then visit this link, if you dont want, well...you just lost a good opurtunity to compare collections and laugh at mine (or cry if you want).

qs102492.jpg

He is the worst Bionicle because..-His torso deisng is terrible-Too many gaps everywhere-His arms suck and look un natural-He was way too much money-The colours sucked-The mask was too smallAnd over all IT SUCKED. I felt like Lego ripped me off. I don't care if the pieces are good I BUY BIONICLE FOR THE SET!

Edited by -Knight Rider2000-

I never owned the set myself, but most often I buy sets for new pieces, and Big MN had none of those. He had a new colour for the ignika, and the onua shields, but I don't know that if offered that much else. Perhaps it's also a tie in with the story, I for one don't like the way it's not to scale with the rest of the sets, which is why I have normal sized MN.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

It has wierd legs, a horr-endous colour scheme, and does not appear like that in the story. I person-ally can'y see anything good about it. That's just my opin-ion, though. The only re-deeming feat-ure is he has great parts for MoCing

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

Head: OK, the gold Ignika was kinda cool.Torso: Silver tummy?Arms: Taka clone, but worseHands: Good idea, not well implemented.Hips: Hard to move, too reinforcedLegs: WeirdBox: Waste of space, only reason why people bought thisPrice: Come on, this thing is a load of random Black, Yellow, Keetorange, not enough Gold, and Silver shoved together and called a set. How was it so expensive?

Edited by Makuta Dralcax

aouROFb.png

For being such a profoundly disliked set, I have to ask why people on the secondary market typicall ask for 3 times its retail price. ...That's a lot when he was overpriced to begin with. The only reason I'm turned off by this set is its price. Perhaps if I had it, I could give other reasons... But heck, I could buy the Manas MISB... TWICE... For the same price people are asking for a MISB Toa Mata Nui. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

They usually complain about color sceme, gaps in the build, uneven porportions (his head, I.E.), and piece use. But I personally like him. Good MOCing pieces.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I personally liked the set a lot, but he had some very significant flaws. For one, his color scheme was badly organized-- IMO, he would have been far better if the Warm Gold had been left off entirely, as it just looks dull and brownish compared to his more vibrant Bright Yellow and Flame Yellowish Orange parts. Also, for some his build was considered awkward and gappy, even though his torso structure and hip suspension were extremely imaginative. Finally, the parts other than the aforementioned torso structure and hip suspension were considered to simply repeat a lot of the building techniques of the generally-more-well-liked Takanuva set from 2008, and improvements on the gappy legs of that set were offset by even gappier and flimsier-looking arms. One of the things that I think bothered a lot of people, though, was that to them he simply didn't resemble the smaller Mata Nui set very strongly, and unlike in the case of many titan sets they felt they were under no obligation to buy and enjoy the set since the character was available in a smaller set with a size that actually corresponded to the character's story role. I haven't played with my 2009 BIONICLE sets in years, but I do have fond memories of Toa Mata Nui, and feel that-- like Fire Lord from the Hero Factory theme-- he was well-designed even if he wasn't as artfully-sculpted as some earlier titan/warrior sets like Takanuva or Brutaka.